Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 172

Thread: What happened to Sird???

  1. #26
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Weedy Spyze View Post
    I'll give you Guile Hideout, but the Sinnoh connection is a stretch. Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum aren't even aware of her existence, and Sird did nothing to help Team Galactic in the Spear Pillar battle anyway. All she did was randomly show up to explain a bunch of backstory that had absolutely nothing to do with what was going on at the time whatsoever. So, the connection to the Sinnoh trio is minimal at best.

    Colress and especially Ghetsis are much more interesting villains than Sird could ever hope to be.
    I dunno, I mean both Guile and the cloaked grunt were doing Sird's bidding. And I wouldn't say they are completely unaware of her existence, like for instance Dia was there when Riley sensed an evil aura in Iron Island and the cloaked grunt (at the end of the Platinum chapter) mentioned Sird when he was talking about Darkrai. I think they do know that there is a person like her out there somewhere, just don't know her by name or personally met her. Sigh, I can't help but think that Sird sorta randomly showing up at Spear Pillar has to do with the main plot of the manga in some way. I mean, it's not like Kusaka to just put something pointless in the storyline and then just toss it away (he actually does the exact opposite). People are saying that Sird will return sometime in a remake arc or something but I don't think there will be any more remakes (message me if you wanna know why since it's not relevant to this thread) and the latest chapter (and now it's the only chapter) where Sird can appear while she's still relevant is the HGSS chapter.

    And yup, glad we can agree on at least one thing.
    Last edited by Macromind101; 14th July 2012 at 9:11 PM.

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Weedy Spyze View Post
    I'll give you Guile Hideout, but the Sinnoh connection is a stretch. Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum aren't even aware of her existence, and Sird did nothing to help Team Galactic in the Spear Pillar battle anyway. All she did was randomly show up to explain a bunch of backstory that had absolutely nothing to do with what was going on at the time whatsoever. So, the connection to the Sinnoh trio is minimal at best.
    Oh and let me add one more thing to your point. It says on Bulbapedia that Sird is a commander of Galactic but I don't recall reading anywhere about her being one. In fact, among the commanders only Jupiter knew of her existence up until her appearance in the DP chapter and I'm pretty sure only a handful of grunts knew about her as well. Based on her job in Galactic it just looks like she's a hitwoman of Cyrus. :/

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    327

    Default

    Well Arceus got out from Hall of Origin Probably Sird's fault because we didn't know yet where is the damn Azure Flute is. And about Sird is the one that controlled the Generals of Rocket I would say it was false. Because it is not as creative as it should be. Like Flintoff Cypress said, Anything is fair game in Pokemon Adventures and I would say a more creative Idea is her being The new Leader of Dim Sum Organitation from Ranger Region. I mean she could bring Darkrai back again being on that organisation. And yet they need new leader if you haven't read Ranger Battonage Manga yet. Because The first ranger Manga has a connection with Platinum Arc.
    Credit for Spockisnotimpressed's Tumblr

    If you think the world should be a better place for everyone put this in you sig. (started by Mewmie the shiny Mew)

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fake Psychic View Post
    Well Arceus got out from Hall of Origin Probably Sird's fault because we didn't know yet where is the damn Azure Flute is. And about Sird is the one that controlled the Generals of Rocket I would say it was false. Because it is not as creative as it should be. Like Flintoff Cypress said, Anything is fair game in Pokemon Adventures and I would say a more creative Idea is her being The new Leader of Dim Sum Organitation from Ranger Region. I mean she could bring Darkrai back again being on that organisation. And yet they need new leader if you haven't read Ranger Battonage Manga yet. Because The first ranger Manga has a connection with Platinum Arc.
    Is that manga canonical to the Adventures manga? Do they even have the same author?

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    474

    Default

    okay I just looked it up and turns out they do have the same author. So I guess they're canonical. Shoot, I guess I should read that too then.

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    327

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Macromind101 View Post
    okay I just looked it up and turns out they do have the same author. So I guess they're canonical. Shoot, I guess I should read that too then.
    I really recommend that ^^.
        Spoiler:- Ranger spoiler:
    Credit for Spockisnotimpressed's Tumblr

    If you think the world should be a better place for everyone put this in you sig. (started by Mewmie the shiny Mew)

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    44

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Macromind101 View Post
    okay I just looked it up and turns out they do have the same author. So I guess they're canonical. Shoot, I guess I should read that too then.
    They are. If you look at it, in that manga, the Manaphy Egg is said to be given to a trainer in Sinnoh. And guess what? Diamond receives the Manaphy Egg at the end of the Platinum arc. The main characters of that manga also make a cameo in PokéSpe.
    Fanfiction.Net account; DeviantArt account

    Contact me here or in those sites to keep me motivated for this fic. Several chapters are already concluded, but there's still a LONG way to go. I want to be sure I'll finish this thing before I start publishing it.

        Spoiler:- http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2013/355/f/f/my_pokemon_teams_by_tomnamikaze-d6y3n4h.png:

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    474

    Default

    Does anyone know where I can read it? Can someone message me the link(s)?

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flintoff Cypress View Post
    Join the Pokémon Daisuki Club (fan club). I'm assuming that's what you mean, because any other meanings of that question would be breaking the rules.

    I completely forgot about Kusaka and Yamamoto doing the Ranger mangas. Having Sird go to a Ranger manga would be interesting, but it would be kind of sad to see her story finished in a different place than where she started. Unless the Kanto Dexholders arrived for a crossover. Then that would be epic and awesome.
    How do I join? (sorry for sounding noob)

    And aren't they mini series? Or are they full volumes like the main series?

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Unova, NY
    Posts
    6,286

    Default

    Just because they were made by the same person doesn't make Adventures canon to the Ranger manga.

    The aforementioned Manaphy scene, however, does.

    Quote Originally Posted by Flintoff Cypress View Post
    Join the Pokémon Daisuki Club (fan club). I'm assuming that's what you mean, because any other meanings of that question would be breaking the rules.

    I completely forgot about Kusaka and Yamamoto doing the Ranger mangas. Having Sird go to a Ranger manga would be interesting, but it would be kind of sad to see her story finished in a different place than where she started. Unless the Kanto Dexholders arrived for a crossover. Then that would be epic and awesome.
    That's not going to work. The site updated about a year ago. The manga's are gone.

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flintoff Cypress View Post
    In that case, I do hope that the Ranger mangas get some form of book release in the future. It's kind of sad when a piece of art is lost forever.

    (If I was Kusaka & Yamamoto, I would be pissed to see my work disappear completely in the blink of an eye.)
    Hey I found it on a website. You want me to message the link to you?

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    474

    Default

    okay finished reading the Platinum chapter today and I know it's been said numerous times but Sird still isn't defeated even though Galactic was disbanded. Sigh okay there may not be enough room to show it but the Rocket generals and Arceus has Sird written all over it. And as for the Sird and Ranger theory, I really don't think a character that originated from the main series comics would be defeated once and for all in a spin-off comic series that is really a mini-series. I skimmed over the Ranger manga and I think the Almia series is over anyway. (btw, is there a comic for the third Rangers game?)

    Well one thing I've been curious about is why would Sird release Darkrai in the Distortion World of all places? I guess one reasonable explanation could be so that she can make sure Darkrai wouldn't harm anyone but then again why would Sird give a jack about other people's safety. And also if Sird really is loyal to Cyrus then why wasn't she there with the other commanders in the Distortion World? I guess one explanation could be that since Cyrus's plan failed in the Spear Pillar, she was looking for more Sinnoh legendaries to replace the old ones so that explains the Rocket generals' actions if they really were being manipulated by Sird. Even if she doesn't make a full-on appearance in the HGSS chapter, she could still appear as a silhouette (again) when the discovery of Arceus is explained by the Rocket generals (but that still wouldn't lead to her ultimate defeat, which is way overdue).

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    327

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Macromind101 View Post
    okay finished reading the Platinum chapter today and I know it's been said numerous times but Sird still isn't defeated even though Galactic was disbanded. Sigh okay there may not be enough room to show it but the Rocket generals and Arceus has Sird written all over it. And as for the Sird and Ranger theory, I really don't think a character that originated from the main series comics would be defeated once and for all in a spin-off comic series that is really a mini-series. I skimmed over the Ranger manga and I think the Almia series is over anyway. (btw, is there a comic for the third Rangers game?)

    Well one thing I've been curious about is why would Sird release Darkrai in the Distortion World of all places? I guess one reasonable explanation could be so that she can make sure Darkrai wouldn't harm anyone but then again why would Sird give a jack about other people's safety. And also if Sird really is loyal to Cyrus then why wasn't she there with the other commanders in the Distortion World? I guess one explanation could be that since Cyrus's plan failed in the Spear Pillar, she was looking for more Sinnoh legendaries to replace the old ones so that explains the Rocket generals' actions if they really were being manipulated by Sird. Even if she doesn't make a full-on appearance in the HGSS chapter, she could still appear as a silhouette (again) when the discovery of Arceus is explained by the Rocket generals (but that still wouldn't lead to her ultimate defeat, which is way overdue).
    Okay so Rocket Generals was tricked by Sird by making their excution "Giovanni's true means" but hidden that "True Means" Lies Sird's true plan that as same as Galactic-Gan done. Sird making a fake information about Arceus would make their Intention's come true. Yes there is a Third Ranger Manga you can check it on One Shot/Short Pokemon Manga there(Only the info, not the cover).
    Credit for Spockisnotimpressed's Tumblr

    If you think the world should be a better place for everyone put this in you sig. (started by Mewmie the shiny Mew)

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    419

    Default

    It would make the most sense for Sird to be finished in HGSS. I know PokéSpe loves to do backstory via dialogue so she would be the best person to talk about the origins of Arceus since she's from (been to) Sinnoh.

    Also, where does one go to heal oneself of ice injuries by Lorelei? Mt. Silver... in Johto...

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    297

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by redchesus View Post
    Also, where does one go to heal oneself of ice injuries by Lorelei? Mt. Silver... in Johto...
    That's where Red and Sabrina went to heal their's, although theoretically there should be other places as well. Sird's injuries haven't been healed though as of her most recent appearance.

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    419

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Weedy Spyze View Post
    That's where Red and Sabrina went to heal their's, although theoretically there should be other places as well. Sird's injuries haven't been healed though as of her most recent appearance.
    I was just throwing out reasons why Sird's appearance in HGSS would be logical. I really wanted her to be done with in Platinum to be honest.

    So maybe she didn't show up in the Distortion World because her obsession with the Pokedex overpowered her loyalty to Cyrus and now she's back in Kanto/Johto looking for them, after healing herself at Mt. Silver.

  17. #42

    Default

    I dont think she is still obsessed of Pokedexes because the grunt still had those.
    And I am pretty sure Kusaka is just waiting for the right evil characters. A character who is dark and mysterious enogh to fitt her backstory and her true motives.
    He is waiting for a character made by Gamefreak and Team Plasma is maybe not evil and dark enogh.
    I think her great comeback will in the RSE Remake Arcs. Just to defeat the mastermind behind the emeraldstory one and for all.
    My dshini page:
    http://www.dshini.net/de/spage/851ea...1-a064185c8567
    Recently played Koihime Musou and it was kinda like..the best thing ever. So I really want the sequel. So if you are an adult and if like visual novels..if you can, please support the official translation group: http://forums.fuwanovel.org/index.ph...ment-and-news/

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in the Negative Zone
    Posts
    115

    Default

    I want sird/storc/nancy to go away and not come back. And I mean it. NO MORE, KUSAKA.
    "It's not who I am inside, but what I do that defines me."- Batman. Started by GreatGonzales

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    419

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokemonspecialgerman View Post
    I think her great comeback will in the RSE Remake Arcs. Just to defeat the mastermind behind the emeraldstory one and for all.
    Again with the remake talk. Bleh. That would be amazing if Kusaka dragged a character out for 10 years... (by "amazing" I mean "stupid")

  20. #45
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    232

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokemonspecialgerman View Post
    I dont think she is still obsessed of Pokedexes because the grunt still had those.
    And I am pretty sure Kusaka is just waiting for the right evil characters. A character who is dark and mysterious enogh to fitt her backstory and her true motives.
    He is waiting for a character made by Gamefreak and Team Plasma is maybe not evil and dark enogh.

    I think her great comeback will in the RSE Remake Arcs. Just to defeat the mastermind behind the emeraldstory one and for all.
    Excuse me, I may have not played Generation V yet, but from what I heard about it, I'm under the impression that Team Plasma is the darkest villain team so far.
    Also, I don't think there will be remakes for RSE in this generation. The recent reveal of Genesect pretty much screams "Generation V is over!" on us. If there's ever going to be a RSE remake (and I can see both a reason to have, and a reason to not have, but the reason to have a remake makes it the last remake in Pokémon history: Hoenn is the only main region that never saw 3D graphics), it's not going to be on this generation.

    I think she may have some connection to Isshu, and this connection is Achroma. Maybe they are related? We never saw anything about her past, so maybe she's from there. I think she'll be defeated on BW2 since Kusaka doesn't have too much stuff to rush now, as the next games will probably be released only in 2014.
    Anime... PAAWAA!!!

  21. #46
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Twinleaf Town
    Posts
    78

    Default

    I'm kinda getting tired of Sird. It makes me uneasy knkwing she's still out there. I think someone should just defeat her once and for all
    I grew up with Pokémon. And I cherish and love it. I watched every episode from the very first and I've read all of viz's pokespe translations out so far. And i first played the games starting from Pokémon Sapphire. And my favorite anime characters are Ash's female traveling companions and my favorite Pokespe characters are Sapphire and Platinum.

    PM me for 3DS FC

    If you rooted for Dawn during A Grand Fight For Winning even though you knew she'd lose, then copy and paste this in your signature.

    If you think the world should be a better place for everyone put this in you sig. (started by Mewmie the shiny Mew)

    I treat my Pokemon like family. Copy and Paste this in your sig if you do too. Started by legolover8.

    ~By Your Side~

  22. #47

    Default

    Yeah Genesec that's the point, but i still thinks kusaka is waiting of something, and Team Plasma isn't the right place for a connection to Sird. She needs evil underground cronies, something like Team Rocket, maybe a little more mysterious. I dont know exactly whats bothering me, they are perhaps just to public, visiting town after town to hold speeches about pokemon liberation in the name of team plasma.. But I like Team Plasma actually, just not in connection with sird.

    And what is with all this Sird hate? Actually Giovanni is very mysterious too. Nobody knows exactly what he has planned. Did he really want Silver as new Rocket Leader? Did he want to disband team rocket? And why is he disappeared from silvers hideout? Is good or evil, and where is he now? We could've asked the same question about lance too, until HeartgoldG/Soulsilver.

    You see, even after a main villain is defeated in an arc climax.. that doesn't mean he isn't still similar mysterious like sird.
    My dshini page:
    http://www.dshini.net/de/spage/851ea...1-a064185c8567
    Recently played Koihime Musou and it was kinda like..the best thing ever. So I really want the sequel. So if you are an adult and if like visual novels..if you can, please support the official translation group: http://forums.fuwanovel.org/index.ph...ment-and-news/

  23. #48
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    297

    Default

    Giovanni and Team Rocket's ambitions aren't "mysterious" as much as they are non-existent. All they ever were in the games was a pathetic crime organization that was just acting evil and whatnot for the lulz, they didn't have some kind of 'greater plot' like all of the other evil teams. The manga's never went out of its way in giving them some kind of 'greater plot' either, which makes me wonder why I should give a crap about them at all. I mean, even with Team Aqua and Team Magma, we knew what their greater goal was and it made the conflict against them much more interesting. Team Rocket is just a bunch of boring chumps that were never fleshed out at all. I mean, what were they trying to do with Arceus, anyway? Admittedly I don't know squat about HGSS but were they just chasing after it for the kicks?

    The same thing with Sird. You can't not give her some kind of goal and then hand-wave that by saying it makes her "mysterious." She was great in the FRLG arc, but she was just a plot device in Emerald and an unneeded extra in D/P. The manga's just advanced too far to bring up whatever the heck she's up to again without it feeling like some kind of ***-pull.

  24. #49
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    232

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Weedy Spyze View Post
    Giovanni and Team Rocket's ambitions aren't "mysterious" as much as they are non-existent. All they ever were in the games was a pathetic crime organization that was just acting evil and whatnot for the lulz, they didn't have some kind of 'greater plot' like all of the other evil teams. The manga's never went out of its way in giving them some kind of 'greater plot' either, which makes me wonder why I should give a crap about them at all. I mean, even with Team Aqua and Team Magma, we knew what their greater goal was and it made the conflict against them much more interesting. Team Rocket is just a bunch of boring chumps that were never fleshed out at all. I mean, what were they trying to do with Arceus, anyway? Admittedly I don't know squat about HGSS but were they just chasing after it for the kicks?
    Team Rocket was just a normal crime organization, meant to represent yakuza. They don't have a "greater plot" because all they want is "Steal Pokémon for profit. Exploit Pokémon for profit.", just like real-life animal contrabandists, who don't have "greater plots" other than getting money illegally. The only time they were known to have a "greater plot" was when they took over the Radio Tower to try to contact Sakaki (Giovanni).
    Basically, Team Rocket has an excuse to not have "greater plots", as they came before each Generation was all about it's legendaries.
    Anime... PAAWAA!!!

  25. #50

    Default

    Team Rocket had several great plots in the manga. Creating Mewtu; the legendary birds and the badge energie device; the experimental pokčmon army in the viridian forest..
    But i think they are pretty boring in the games too. And they have a reason to catch Arceus. It's not mainly power or money f. eks. but I don't think should spoiler this here, even it is not a very surprising reason. But I agree "mysterious" isn't the right word here.
    In my opinion it would not feel like an ***-pull for me. With an additional connection with a dexholder or an proper goal could she make an comprehensible final comeback.
    I don't like Sird that much. She isn't even under my top-5 pokčspe villains, but I doens't know enough about her to hate her so I still want to know more about her.
    My dshini page:
    http://www.dshini.net/de/spage/851ea...1-a064185c8567
    Recently played Koihime Musou and it was kinda like..the best thing ever. So I really want the sequel. So if you are an adult and if like visual novels..if you can, please support the official translation group: http://forums.fuwanovel.org/index.ph...ment-and-news/

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •