Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: What happened to Sird???

Quote Originally Posted by G-SANtos View Post
    Team Rocket was just a normal crime organization, meant to represent yakuza. They don't have a "greater plot" because all they want is "Steal Pokémon for profit. Exploit Pokémon for profit.", just like real-life animal contrabandists, who don't have "greater plots" other than getting money illegally. The only time they were known to have a "greater plot" was when they took over the Radio Tower to try to contact Sakaki (Giovanni).

Basically, Team Rocket has an excuse to not have "greater plots", as they came before each Generation was all about it's legendaries.
    Thank you for reinforcing the point I already made.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemonspecialgerman View Post
    Team Rocket had several great plots in the manga. Creating Mewtu; the legendary birds and the badge energie device; the experimental pokčmon army in the viridian forest..

In my opinion it would not feel like an ***-pull for me. With an additional connection with a dexholder or an proper goal could she make an comprehensible final comeback.
    And what was the point of any of that crap again...? Especially the experimental army in Viridian Forest. Absolutely nothing ever came out of that at all.

It would be one because whatever Sird's plot is, it has to have some kind of connection to whatever game the manga is advertising at the time whenever she appears again. She can't have a connection to _every single villain team_. That's just ridiculous.
    Last edited by Weedy Spyze; 26th July 2012 at 5:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Weedy Spyze View Post
    It would be one because whatever Sird's plot is, it has to have some kind of connection to whatever game the manga is advertising at the time whenever she appears again. She can't have a connection to _every single villain team_. That's just ridiculous.
    Unfortunately, she already does (with the exception of Plasma). It says so on Bulbapedia. She was a part of Rocket and Galactic and she helped out Archie and Maxie. And well, if she IS the mastermind behind the Rocket generals in HGSS it does advertise the Arceus event (although it's not the buzz right now as it was two years ago). And it does make sense in the manga, cuz like I said, how the f*ck would the Rocket generals know about a Sinnoh legendary if they are from Kanto and Johto and why would the generals choose Arceus of all Pokemon to bring Giovanni back? They would probably use a Pokemon that's actually from their own region that Team Rocket is familiar with. It would only make sense if Sird told them about Arceus and somehow convinced them that capturing Arceus will bring Giovanni back. Reasons I think she would do that? She obviously agrees with Galactic's philosophy since she joined them and since Cyrus failed at Spear Pillar Sird wants to finish the job with the creation trio. That would make sense. And also I've noticed that Sird's obsession with the Pokedexes kinda led to nothing, maybe besides the cloaked grunt. It has to lead to something big, maybe one last Dexholder reunion since 13 Pokedexes at once would be heaven to Sird and it would be the perfect time to finally finish her off. It's not like Kusaka to leave out any details that lead to nothing. For god's sakes, he used a drop of Red's blood as a major plot device four chapters later.

And as for the Generation III remakes, here's why I don't think that will happen (I c+p'ed from one of my earlier posts):
    I know that there's a lot of support behind the chances of Generation III being remade in Generation V (and I too think that a remake of Generation III, especially Emerald, would be amazing) but let me point out that there may be a chronological error if Generation III is remade in Generation V. You know that Generations I and III happen at the same time, right? As do Generations II and IV. And that is why it makes sense in the Pokemon world to trade between R/S/E & FR/LG and D/P/Pt & HG/SS because they happen concurrently. But to transfer Pokemon from Generation III to IV requires the Pal Park because there is a three year difference between them. So the Pokemon inside the Pal Park pretty much were waiting for their new trainer for three years. And there is also a time difference between Generations IV and V (idk how long it is so let's call the # of years x). Yeah, so in a similar way to Pal Park, the transferred Pokemon from Generation IV to V has to wait in the PokeTransfer for x years. So now here's my point. If R/S/E is remade for Generation V, then the events of Hoenn and Unova has to happen concurrently, right? (b/c you have to be able to ACTUALLY trade between those two sets of games) But the problem is, in reality, the events between Hoenn and Unova is 3+x. So remaking Generation III in V would create a huge time contradiction within the Pokemon universe because then while the events of Hoenn and Unova happened at the same time, Hoenn also happened a long time before Unova. Don't get me wrong, I too want a remake of Generation III but you must take this fact into consideration. Makes me wonder what Game Freak will come up with.
    And plus Generations I and II were incompatible with the current games which was why they were remade in the first place. Generation III is still compatible with the current games so a remake would be kinda pointless.

I like Sird. It'd be awesome if Sird was in the games.
    I'm awesome

And what was the point of any of that crap again...? Especially the experimental army in Viridian Forest. Absolutely nothing ever came out of that at all.

Mewtwo was important in RGB/Yellow and FR/LG and was mentioned in GSC and DP. And the Badge device was important for Yellow. Yes, Team Rocket failed like every other evil team but her plots where important for the whole series o.o

I started to write about giovanni becaus I think his current situation is similar to sirds, not to find connections between his old plots and sirds plots in the future. Sird could act everytime now if she want. She isn't chased by Mewtwo anymore. She could for example attacke Yellow, to make use of her power and to blackmail the other dexholders.
    I am sure Kusaka could find several good reasons for that.

And @Macromind:
    wow I never tought about that. I think your are right. Does that mean we cant trade between BW and B2W2, or does we have a time maschine again?
    Mh and about the time problem between Unova and Hoenn... I think we need a Hoenn Sequel than XD
    Haha, okay I'll stop this crazy talk.
    My dshini page:
    http://www.dshini.net/de/spage/851ea...1-a064185c8567
    Recently played Koihime Musou and it was kinda like..the best thing ever. So I really want the sequel. So if you are an adult and if like visual novels..if you can, please support the official translation group: http://forums.fuwanovel.org/index.ph...ment-and-news/

Quote Originally Posted by Macromind101 View Post
    Unfortunately, she already does (with the exception of Plasma).
    I know that. It's ridiculous enough as is, Plasma doesn't need to be dragged into her schemes either.

*RSE remake chatter*
    Why is this here? What does it have to do with Sird or the manga at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemonspecialgerman View Post
    Mewtwo was important in RGB/Yellow and FR/LG and was mentioned in GSC and DP. And the Badge device was important for Yellow. Yes, Team Rocket failed like every other evil team but her plots where important for the whole series o.o

I started to write about giovanni becaus I think his current situation is similar to sirds, not to find connections between his old plots and sirds plots in the future. Sird could act everytime now if she want. She isn't chased by Mewtwo anymore. She could for example attacke Yellow, to make use of her power and to blackmail the other dexholders.
    I am sure Kusaka could find several good reasons for that.
    Well I forgot about the badge amplifier device I guess. Maybe because the expansion on the badges' "powers" seemed a bit overblown and preposterous to me. I stand my ground on that hideous Articuno/Zapdos/Moltres fusion, though. That thing was not necessary at all.

Well it's not so much "Sird can act anytime now if she wants." In-story, sure, but in actuality she really can't. She's a character exclusive to a manga that has a prioritized job of advertising the Pokemon video games--which she has no connections to at all. Yellow will never be an important character ever again unless her game gets remade (which seems highly unlikely, but Game Freak and Nintendo have done crazier things), and no we're not gonna take a random trip back to Kanto unless new Red/Blue remakes are released. Great idea for a fanfic I guess, but it's not happening in the manga.

I posted once (it might have been in this thread) that Kusaka and co. probably had plans to finish Sird's storyline off at one point, but due to other reasons (not enough panel space, new games being released, etc.) those plans probably had to have been left on the editing room floor. It just seems unnecessary to shoe-horn her back into the plot now. We've already advanced to new, different, and more exciting ideas with the newer games.
    Last edited by Weedy Spyze; 26th July 2012 at 10:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamemaster5394 View Post
    I like Sird. It'd be awesome if Sird was in the games.
    That's nice and all, but as Beast as Sird was in the beginning, she stopped being. I also used to think she was awesome (and I still do to some extent) but she was dragged on for too long. Sure it seemed nice to see that has had a connection with all villain teams (before Gen V), but I just don't see how she could have a connection to Team Plasma (and it would be an a**pull if she did). Sird has to be finished now, there's just no other way to do it without making her pull stuff out of her own a**.
    Last edited by TomNamikaze; 27th July 2012 at 3:29 AM.
    Fanfiction.Net account; DeviantArt account

Contact me here or in those sites to keep me motivated for this fic. Several chapters are already concluded, but there's still a LONG way to go. I want to be sure I'll finish this thing before I start publishing it.

Spoiler:- http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2013/355/f/f/my_pokemon_teams_by_tomnamikaze-d6y3n4h.png:

but let me point out that there may be a chronological error if Generation III is remade in Generation V. You know that Generations I and III happen at the same time, right? As do Generations II and IV. And that is why it makes sense in the Pokemon world to trade between R/S/E & FR/LG and D/P/Pt & HG/SS because they happen concurrently. But to transfer Pokemon from Generation III to IV requires the Pal Park because there is a three year difference between them. So the Pokemon inside the Pal Park pretty much were waiting for their new trainer for three years. And there is also a time difference between Generations IV and V (idk how long it is so let's call the # of years x).
        Spoiler:- Irrelevant to this thread:

And plus Generations I and II were incompatible with the current games which was why they were remade in the first place. Generation III is still compatible with the current games so a remake would be kinda pointless.
        Spoiler:- More irrelevant stuff:

Well, there's a possibility she may have connections to Team Plasma, and this could be used to finish her off in BW2. If I had to guess, her contact may be either Achroma or the Dark Trinity (Shadow Triad).
    But remember those cloning theories on the discussion about Kyouhei and Mei's presence in the manga? If they actually happen to be clones, I would say that she could have sold the technology Team Rocket used to make Mewtwo to Team Plasma for... Some... Reason.
    Anime... PAAWAA!!!

^ Lol what? Did I read that right? People are thinking Kyouhei and Mei are supposed to be clones? What the bloody hoo-ha gave them that idea?

Also, I have another thing to add that I don't think has been brought up yet: remember how there was two different Deoxys? One of them was trashed when it stopped being 'useful' to Team Rocket (I really cannot possibly imagine how or why). Why didn't Sird just hand him over to Cyrus if that was her main plan for infiltrating Team Rocket?
    Last edited by Weedy Spyze; 27th July 2012 at 4:13 AM.

^ Lol what? Did I read that right? People are thinking Kyouhei and Mei are supposed to be clones? What the bloody hoo-ha gave them that idea?

Also, I have another thing to add that I don't think has been brought up yet: remember how there was two different Deoxys? One of them was trashed when it stopped being 'useful' to Team Rocket (I really cannot possibly imagine how or why). Why didn't Sird just hand him over to Cyrus if that was her main plan for infiltrating Team Rocket?
    Clones in the manga, because that's the only believable way of using "Black 2" and "White 2" as names. It's all over here.
    About the other Deoxys, we don't even know if he's alive. "We trashed him" may mean "We killed him".
    Anime... PAAWAA!!!

This is why there is no connection between GSC arc and RS arc. Aww Looks like I forgot there is a connection. Ruby have lived in Johto once. Looks like it is impossible to not having a Chapter that is doesn't have any connection with its predecessor
    Last edited by Ludger; 28th July 2012 at 10:50 AM.
    Credit for Spockisnotimpressed's Tumblr

If you think the world should be a better place for everyone put this in you sig. (started by Mewmie the shiny Mew)

Quote Originally Posted by G-SANtos View Post
    Clones in the manga, because that's the only believable way of using "Black 2" and "White 2" as names. It's all over here.

About the other Deoxys, we don't even know if he's alive. "We trashed him" may mean "We killed him".
    Well I'm not about to read a ten-page thread, but if that's the gist of it then people are grasping lol. The number two must mean they're clones lolz!! Seriously, don't people realize how silly that sounds? The best part is that there's no possible way for it to work in-story at all.

Umm, well yeah. Isn't that what I said? Question is why didn't Sird just fork him over to Cyrus if Deoxys was her purpose for infiltrating Team Rocket.
    Last edited by Weedy Spyze; 27th July 2012 at 1:24 PM.

Well I'm not about to read a ten-page thread, but if that's the gist of it then people are grasping lol. The number two must mean they're clones lolz!! Seriously, don't people realize how silly that sounds? The best part is that there's no possible way for it to work in-story at all.
    I have to agree with this. Seriously the Writters can't take that "Creative" idea. I suggest adding surname.

Umm, well yeah. Isn't that what I said? Question is why didn't Sird just fork him over to Cyrus if Deoxys was her purpose for infiltrating Team Rocket.
    The Mewtwo Leaves some plot holes as well

If you think the world should be a better place for everyone put this in you sig. (started by Mewmie the shiny Mew)

I still thinks that Sird would return probably more likely in the B2W2 arc since she just keeps on keep on coming back just like Jason from Friday the 13th. Something like here helping the Shadow Triad busting out Ghettis in a cameo like appearance could sound like a possible like outcome if it's something like how she did with Archie inbetween the RS and Emerald Arcs. But hey, She'll just keep on recoccuring main vilian just cause of how she just turns up in every villains plans after the FRLG arc plus the fact of how strange it seems how she got into Team Galactic inbetween the FRLG arcs and DP arcs.

Besides, This just goes to show that VIZ Media should get releasing the 3rd gen arcs so us American fans of the PokeSpecial can understand it better just cause they stopped it appearing on online Manga reading websites.

That's what we have been waiting for...

Deoxys has appeared in the Ranger comics,

but we do not know that it is 1 or 2.

In my opinion, Sird will appear (somewhere......),

because she is not accountable to the completed.

And I don't think Kusaka will make the clones so outrageous decision (I think we all know that this is a joke......)

Unless you think that Kusaka make Black2 and White2 looks like Fate of "Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha"......lol

Quote Originally Posted by LucarioWolf View Post
    I still thinks that Sird would return probably more likely in the B2W2 arc since she just keeps on keep on coming back just like Jason from Friday the 13th. Something like here helping the Shadow Triad busting out Ghettis in a cameo like appearance could sound like a possible like outcome if it's something like how she did with Archie inbetween the RS and Emerald Arcs.
    I'm sorry, but please excuse me while I vomit profusely.

If something like that happened, there would be no doubt in anyone's mind that Sird would by far be the worst written villain in the manga's history. Let's just add even more unexplainable Villain Sue traits to her without even bothering to explain why the buck she's randomly around once again, upstaging a villain who's a lot more interesting than her (Ghetsis) and doesn't even need any of her sorry help. Ugh, no, just no.

It was said for them to be clones as a way to get around the whole "2" bit without having to break the tradition. And without having to kick out Black and White. While I still like the clones idea (though mine was for them to be evil), I already knew it wasn't going to happen. It was a fun idea nonetheless.

Anyways, Saque. I have a feeling she was to be the type of villain that planned for everything, a Xanatos Gambit mastermind, if you will. She certainly feels like she's becoming one and it could of been interesting... except it isn't written that good. As usual. It's a bit too forced, she has mysterious powers like Yellow (for really no reason), nothing about her is explained which just leaves us more frustrated than interested, and since she's obviously evil it weakens her character further. I like the idea of a Xanatos character, but Saque just isn't it. And never will be.

I think Saque should of just been confined to FRLG and died, like she was probably supposed to. Save us all the trouble of whatever nonsense she's after. I truly don't get what Saque's real goal is and I certainly don't believe she's all that loyal to Galaxy. She left pretty quickly instead of helping which doesn't jive if she was loyal. She did more for Sakaki and he wasn't anything to her. I just hope Kusaka hurries up and finishes her off. She doesn't really seem to have any purpose anymore other than smirking and being evil.
    90% of pokemon fans hate/dislike Pikachu, if you are one of the 10% who don't, copy and paste this in your signature (started by Rukario907)
    ~Treasure Fighter (Kiyomaro's Theme)~ and Fuji Syuusuke ~Claimed

My Journey Log of Pokemon White
    Warning: General jerkiness and sarcasm abound. Of course, spoilers as well.

If something like that happened, there would be no doubt in anyone's mind that Sird would by far be the worst written villain in the manga's history. Let's just add even more unexplainable Villain Sue traits to her without even bothering to explain why the buck she's randomly around once again, upstaging a villain who's a lot more interesting than her (Ghetsis) and doesn't even need any of her sorry help. Ugh, no, just no.
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilchibi_pichu View Post
    except it isn't written that good. As usual. It's a bit too forced, she has mysterious powers like Yellow (for really no reason), nothing about her is explained which just leaves us more frustrated than interested, and since she's obviously evil it weakens her character further.

I just hope Kusaka hurries up and finishes her off. She doesn't really seem to have any purpose anymore other than smirking and being evil.
    Couldn't agree more. We don't know yet the Ending of HGSS in magazines proving that Saque would be mentioned appeared in BW because there is Red Special Chapter mystery there. And Yellow since she is the only one who didn't get a sillhoutes with GSC trio(But I getting sick of her making appearance so many time). And so many more that cannot be resolved in BW arc unless she leaves somekind of plan after her defeat. I doubt Ghetesis would be the actual villain because The Manga proves Alternate ending in every arc with Exceptional of RGB. Ghetesis would have another role, maybe can be the Villain but Not the Main Villain. It would goes to Corless if you ask me

Quote Originally Posted by Fake Psychic View Post
    Couldn't agree more. We don't know yet the Ending of HGSS in magazines proving that Saque would be mentioned appeared in BW because there is Red Special Chapter mystery there. And Yellow since she is the only one who didn't get a sillhoutes with GSC trio(But I getting sick of her making appearance so many time).
    I believe Yellow will become more and more the wife temperament from the appearance of child. lol
    Last edited by e9310103838; 30th July 2012 at 3:43 PM.

It was said for them to be clones as a way to get around the whole "2" bit without having to break the tradition. And without having to kick out Black and White. While I still like the clones idea (though mine was for them to be evil), I already knew it wasn't going to happen. It was a fun idea nonetheless.

Anyways, Saque. I have a feeling she was to be the type of villain that planned for everything, a Xanatos Gambit mastermind, if you will. She certainly feels like she's becoming one and it could of been interesting... except it isn't written that good. As usual. It's a bit too forced, she has mysterious powers like Yellow (for really no reason), nothing about her is explained which just leaves us more frustrated than interested, and since she's obviously evil it weakens her character further. I like the idea of a Xanatos character, but Saque just isn't it. And never will be.

I think Saque should of just been confined to FRLG and died, like she was probably supposed to. Save us all the trouble of whatever nonsense she's after. I truly don't get what Saque's real goal is and I certainly don't believe she's all that loyal to Galaxy. She left pretty quickly instead of helping which doesn't jive if she was loyal. She did more for Sakaki and he wasn't anything to her. I just hope Kusaka hurries up and finishes her off. She doesn't really seem to have any purpose anymore other than smirking and being evil.
    Destroy the tradition. Stomp and beat it into the ground, then leave it for the buzzards. Maybe get a bunch of firewood and start a bonfire on top of it, and finally toast a few marshmallows just for good measure. As time goes on this "tradition" just sticks out more like an unwanted relic of generations past, and a sign that the manga doesn't want to keep up with the times. My heart weeps for characters with so much potential that was just left to the wayside because they weren't blessed with the "honor" of being named after a video game. Wally and Cheren, I feel for you guys. Bianca, too.

Oh and I completely agreed about everything you said about Sird, except killing her off at the end of FRLG. That ending was wonderful, one of my very favorite moments in the manga. They should've had Gold and Crystal get turned into statues as well. <3

I doubt Ghetesis would be the actual villain because The Manga proves Alternate ending in every arc with Exceptional of RGB. Ghetesis would have another role, maybe can be the Villain but Not the Main Villain. It would goes to Corless if you ask me
    Yeah no, sorry but I want the most evil b**tard in Pokemon history to be the main villain of his arc.

Couldn't agree more. We don't know yet the Ending of HGSS in magazines proving that Saque would be mentioned appeared in BW because there is Red Special Chapter mystery there. And Yellow since she is the only one who didn't get a sillhoutes with GSC trio(But I getting sick of her making appearance so many time). And so many more that cannot be resolved in BW arc unless she leaves somekind of plan after her defeat.
    I'm interested in this Red Special Chapter. Does it have to with anything in BW? I wouldn't be surprised if Yellow reappeared even if she has no reason to do so. She needs more powers, after all! I seriously have to wonder if Saque actually has a grand plan or is just playing around with the evil teams because she's bored.

Destroy the tradition. Stomp and beat it into the ground, then leave it for the buzzards. Maybe get a bunch of firewood and start a bonfire on top of it, and finally toast a few marshmallows just for good measure. As time goes on this "tradition" just sticks out more like an unwanted relic of generations past, and a sign that the manga doesn't want to keep up with the times. My heart weeps for characters with so much potential that was just left to the wayside because they weren't blessed with the "honor" of being named after a video game. Wally and Cheren, I feel for you guys. Bianca, too.

Oh and I completely agreed about everything you said about Sird, except killing her off at the end of FRLG. That ending was wonderful, one of my very favorite moments in the manga. They should've had Gold and Crystal get turned into statues as well. <3
    Hahaha, love it. I don't mind the tradition too much, but I do wish other characters get more time and development even if their names don't match. I think Mitsuru is the only one, right now, that I believe deserves a 'dex in place of Emerald; I feel the other two could be great characters without 'dexes if Kusaka didn't shaft them. I blame him mostly, not just the tradition since I feel both can live side by side... somehow.

Why do you like the ending? I'm curious. And I think it's possible for Saque to die while still having the statues; just have her turn into one too. That would of been pretty cool to see it all backfire on her instead of allowing her to escape somehow. Frankly, I would be mostly okay with anything that gets rid of Saque. I have a feeling it's going to be another villain or Yellow that will lead to her demise, though.
    90% of pokemon fans hate/dislike Pikachu, if you are one of the 10% who don't, copy and paste this in your signature (started by Rukario907)
    ~Treasure Fighter (Kiyomaro's Theme)~ and Fuji Syuusuke ~Claimed

My Journey Log of Pokemon White
    Warning: General jerkiness and sarcasm abound. Of course, spoilers as well.

Is that Red chapter thing even real? Because it's been two volumes, and nothing. I'm starting to think this was never promised.

It shouldn't take half a year to make a simple chapter!

Quote Originally Posted by Flintoff Cypress View Post
    NO. Having another villain finish her off would be so anti-climatic and a waste of what they already established. Saque has been built up by Kusaka as a thorn in the Dexholders' sides, and the only good way to off her would be in a blaze of glorious action.

I'm beginning to have doubts about that special chapter, also. The main mentions of it are forums, or people's blogs quoting forums. I'm going to do a little research and see whether the special chapter rumor is true or not.

UPDATE: I can't find any conclusive evidence that confirms such a promise. Almost every result takes me to various forums where the results are posted. Where did you hear about this "special chapter", Loli? You (or the rare event that there's other Lolipieces who are Pokespe fans) were the one posting the results in almost every forum I came across. Citing your original source would help me figure this mess out .

I tried going for the Netkun page by taking the page's image, running it through a special Japanese OCR program (takes pictures and makes them into copy/pastable text), and then feeding it into Google Translate. Surprisingly, the OCR program works fantastically (after cleaning up the obvious screwups, looking up 2% of the hiragana/kanji is much easier than 100% of it) and it appears that there's no mention of the "special chapter" up to and including Red's bio. It's going to take a lot more time, so I'll try to do the bottom paragraph when I have a chance. Obviously, this is a hilarious, potentially flawed way of going about this, so if anyone who knows Japanese wants to prove me wrong then have at it.

I am looking for a while, and not easy to find......

But I find this passage in Kusaka's Twitter.

ありがとう! / 先生こんにちは! 私は日下先生も山本先生も大好きです´`* 遅ればせながら結果発表みました!!やはりレッドとピカは強いですねw番外編が楽しみです!

This means that someone says to look forward to the launch of the side story of the Red and Pika.

And I remember Kusaka had said the thing in the official website, and for example Zekrom and Red......
    Last edited by e9310103838; 1st August 2012 at 12:56 AM.

I wouldn't be surprised if Yellow reappeared even if she has no reason to do so. She needs more powers, after all!

Hahaha, love it. I don't mind the tradition too much, but I do wish other characters get more time and development even if their names don't match. I think Mitsuru is the only one, right now, that I believe deserves a 'dex in place of Emerald; I feel the other two could be great characters without 'dexes if Kusaka didn't shaft them. I blame him mostly, not just the tradition since I feel both can live side by side... somehow.

Why do you like the ending? I'm curious. And I think it's possible for Saque to die while still having the statues; just have her turn into one too. That would of been pretty cool to see it all backfire on her instead of allowing her to escape somehow. Frankly, I would be mostly okay with anything that gets rid of Saque. I have a feeling it's going to be another villain or Yellow that will lead to her demise, though.
    I was about to facepalm @ the bold, but then I realized who the poster was lmao.

Well Bianca's getting a little focus now from what I understand from the "plot discussion" threads, but what the heck has Cheren ever done? Especially when compared to the games, where he was all over the place and usually appeared when something big to the plot was going on. In the manga, he might as well not even exist. He and Bianca really are being treated very poorly. Keep in mind that unlike Wally, in the games these two do get Pokedexes. But since the manga has to treat that stupid electronic as some sort of sacred item that only belongs to the most greatest of trainers (which is a pretty funny idea in its own right), it doesn't happen. Too bad. So sad.

Oshawott and to a lesser extent Snivy (if you don't include Servine) are pretty much getting the shaft as well, they're starters but their trainers aren't considered "Pokedex holders." I guess Tepig was the only one cool enough to be allowed into the prestigious club!! Although that leads me to believe that Oshawott and Snivy will be Kyouhei's/Mei's starters if and when they appear, with Tepig being Hugh's starter. That way, each of the Unovian starters have one hero trainer and one rival trainer. Isn't that lovely?

I think I like it so much because it's the only ending where the heroes "lost" in some way, making it unique. Plus, I guess I'm sort of a sadist who loves to see my favorite characters (like Red) have something so unimaginably terrible happen to them. xD That's why I liked the popsicle thing a lot as well. Having Sird get turned into stone as well would probably ruin it, since it would undermine the whole "the bad guys have won" idea and the hopelessness of the situation (something that really could have been elaborated on, but eh). She had already been crippled by Lorelei, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Flintoff Cypress View Post
    Agreed. The whole sacred chosen-one concept of having a Pokedex started to fizzle out after Gen II (Gen III and IV Dexholders don't even have titles like their Gen I and II seniors, AFAIK). I know it's PokeSpe's "schtick", but it just feels played out lately.
    That's kinda what I meant when I said the manga doesn't want to keep up with the times when it comes to stuff like that. The games are trying so many new and fresh ideas for the series nowadays, and the manga doesn't seem to want to follow suit because it's too afraid to break its silly "traditions" that should've been broken already about a decade ago anyway.

Oh and what's this about Red and Zekrom?! My lord, if Red shows up for BW's climax that would be too epic for words. I wouldn't even care if it's insanely random and/or doesn't make much sense, Red and Black (my two favorite characters) meeting and fighting the big bad side by side? I'm there! Yellow and the rest of the Kanto losers can stay away though.
    Last edited by Weedy Spyze; 31st July 2012 at 10:26 PM.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast