Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
Results 151 to 172 of 172

Thread: What happened to Sird???

  1. #151
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamingflower View Post
    That theory, I totally forgot about it and I never thought that it would be a possibility or that it would make sense. I guess you can never know what happens. It makes more sense now. I think making her appear in the end of BW arc as intro for bw2 arc could work. Thought the question is what would her role be in BW2, she brought a lot of trouble to the dexowners, it'll be lame if the other dexowners didn't appear when she's finished off for good. It would make her appearances in the other arcs quite useless. I guess we have to wait for the magazines to release new chapters.
    Truthfully, if Sird really is in leagues with Plasma, she'll probably be some hired agent or something because that's what she was for Galactic as well. I would like to think that after all this time, Sird really has no loyalty and she only helps those who pay her or has some form of benefit to give her. Or maybe, she didn't infiltrate Galactic because Ghetsis told her to but rather Cyrus hired her and she left after Cyrus was taken by Giratina and presumed dead (so he couldn't pay her further) and now Ghetsis hired Sird the same way. Okay if Sird really is some sort of agent who just does the orders of those who pay her, then she would be able to survive long and at the end of the manga series, she is the big bad final villain after having helped all villainous teams known to man and all the Dexholders gather to eliminate her. Okay, I'll just stick to the theory that Sird is an agent from here on until proven otherwise.

  2. #152
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Macromind101 View Post
    Truthfully, if Sird really is in leagues with Plasma, she'll probably be some hired agent or something because that's what she was for Galactic as well. I would like to think that after all this time, Sird really has no loyalty and she only helps those who pay her or has some form of benefit to give her. Or maybe, she didn't infiltrate Galactic because Ghetsis told her to but rather Cyrus hired her and she left after Cyrus was taken by Giratina and presumed dead (so he couldn't pay her further) and now Ghetsis hired Sird the same way. Okay if Sird really is some sort of agent who just does the orders of those who pay her, then she would be able to survive long and at the end of the manga series, she is the big bad final villain after having helped all villainous teams known to man and all the Dexholders gather to eliminate her. Okay, I'll just stick to the theory that Sird is an agent from here on until proven otherwise.
    If the writers were smart, they would make her like Moriarty from Sherlock Holmes. The big difference being that she is a woman and that she likes to get directly involved in certain operations she is funding.

  3. #153
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,089

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trutown View Post
    If the writers were smart,
    Hidenori Kusaka is one guy.

  4. #154
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trutown View Post
    If the writers were smart, they would make her like Moriarty from Sherlock Holmes. The big difference being that she is a woman and that she likes to get directly involved in certain operations she is funding.
    I'm not too sure about that. So far in her several appearances, she was directly involved in only one instance which was in FRLG. In all her other appearances so far, she had someone else do the dirty work for her like Guile and the Cloaked Grunt. It's probably because of her injured leg, though, that we never see Sird do her work herself these days.

  5. #155
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    190

    Default

    Sometime i find Sird not to be too great . If she has time to involve in all villain team then why would she not find a way to cure Lorelei's ice ? Sabrina and Red cure their injures after 1 year in Silver Mountain . How can she , in those 3-4 years , not have any information about the hot spring or any way to cure the ice attack .

  6. #156
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Somewhere green
    Posts
    7,778

    Default

    So Sird didn't appear in HGSS after all. I would have thought she would have appeared, but given the timeline of HGSS I see why she didn't. But really, are we really going to see Sird in gen 5? You gotta admit, that's pretty funny if she did. I stand by what I said last year about Sird being long overdue, so where she'll appear and what she shall do is up in the air. Her no-show in Platinum was disappointing though. I still think that was the correct time to finish her off. Sird will be a old woman when they do finally put her to justice.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

  7. #157
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    A place far away
    Posts
    1,318

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Macromind101 View Post
    Truthfully, if Sird really is in leagues with Plasma, she'll probably be some hired agent or something because that's what she was for Galactic as well. I would like to think that after all this time, Sird really has no loyalty and she only helps those who pay her or has some form of benefit to give her. Or maybe, she didn't infiltrate Galactic because Ghetsis told her to but rather Cyrus hired her and she left after Cyrus was taken by Giratina and presumed dead (so he couldn't pay her further) and now Ghetsis hired Sird the same way. Okay if Sird really is some sort of agent who just does the orders of those who pay her, then she would be able to survive long and at the end of the manga series, she is the big bad final villain after having helped all villainous teams known to man and all the Dexholders gather to eliminate her. Okay, I'll just stick to the theory that Sird is an agent from here on until proven otherwise.
    So you mean that Saque could be a mercenary. That's possible or she's just using those teams to fulfill her solo plan. I just think if Kusaka let's the Unova dexowners are the ones to kill her off forever, then he'll lose all the admiration I had for him. She's been involved with almost every gen. So it's also appropriated if they all kill her off together.

  8. #158
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamingflower View Post
    So you mean that Saque could be a mercenary. That's possible or she's just using those teams to fulfill her solo plan. I just think if Kusaka let's the Unova dexowners are the ones to kill her off forever, then he'll lose all the admiration I had for him. She's been involved with almost every gen. So it's also appropriated if they all kill her off together.
    Yes so that's why if there's a Dexholder reunion in PWT in BW2 then that would be the perfect place for her to be finished off.

  9. #159
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post
    Hidenori Kusaka is one guy.
    He most likely has other writers helping him or he has a story editor. It wouldn't be that much of a leap of logic to assume that.

  10. #160
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    419

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by arawn View Post
    Sometime i find Sird not to be too great . If she has time to involve in all villain team then why would she not find a way to cure Lorelei's ice ? Sabrina and Red cure their injures after 1 year in Silver Mountain . How can she , in those 3-4 years , not have any information about the hot spring or any way to cure the ice attack .
    She was busy evading Mewtwo?

  11. #161
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by redchesus View Post
    She was busy evading Mewtwo?
    But for 3+ years? A chase that long must be really tiring. Poor Starmie, having to carry its trainer on its back fleeing and dodging attacks for more than three years. And does Sird not need to sleep or eat or anything like that?

  12. #162
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    A place far away
    Posts
    1,318

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Macromind101 View Post
    But for 3+ years? A chase that long must be really tiring. Poor Starmie, having to carry its trainer on its back fleeing and dodging attacks for more than three years. And does Sird not need to sleep or eat or anything like that?
    Picturing that makes my stomach hurt from laughter. I think she fled form Mewtwo the first couple of months, then she went into hiding to make sure she lost Mewtwo and then tried to find a way how to get cured from Lorelei's ice? Remember even Red didn't knew about the hot-springs until Daisy found out about it and then... she could have done some planning.

  13. #163
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    474

    Default

    Okay I have another theory for future appearances of Sird. Not saying it will happen (probably won't happen exactly as I predict) but I bet it'll follow a similar trend.

    After Sird escaped from Riley as mentioned in the Platinum chapter, Mewtwo caught up with her in the Sinnoh region. Sird continued to run away and eventually she was forced to go to as far as the Unova region to shake him off. There, Sird found out about the affairs of Team Plasma and she discovered Ghetsis's plot to sabotage the Pokemon League. Wanting to find out more, she disguised herself as Hood Man and partook in it just to get close to Plasma's big attack. And then going into the events of Black & White 2, Sird finds about about some plot by Ghetsis to host a world tournament (yes, I'm also predicting with this theory that the PWT will be organized by Plasma). Interested by that and also figuring that it would be a good place to gather all past Dexholders so that Sird can snatch them all at once, Sird feigns loyalty to Ghetsis to get in on the plot. Oh and I'm gonna predict that Mewtwo will catch up with Sird in Unova eventually and soon encounter Genesect, a man-made Pokemon created by Plasma similarly to how Mewtwo was created by Rocket. Mewtwo fights Genesect like how it fought Deoxys, another Pokemon created in a similar fashion as Mewtwo, and it will get to showcase its signature move. Oh yes, and in the PWT, we will get to see Ghetsis unleash his plot as well as Sird doing her own thing. The Unova Dexholders will try to stop Ghetsis while the other Dexholders will finally get to finish off Sird since they all had some form of conflict with her, either directly or indirectly.

    EDIT: Oh actually, scratch the line about Sird finding out about Ghetsis's plan to host the PWT. Rather, Sird manipulates Ghetsis to host the PWT, convincing him that it's a good idea for Plasma and Ghetsis's plot but in reality it's just a ploy to get all the Dexholders inside one stadium at once.

    2nd Edit: Oh and if Sird really is Hood Man (okay I know I'm being really bold with this theory since it's not even confirmed yet who Hood Man is) then maybe she's wearing the armor for similar reasons with Guile? Maybe she was severely injured in the battle with either Riley or the chase with Mewtwo that she was forced to wear armor that preserves her body?
    Last edited by Macromind101; 10th February 2013 at 10:43 PM.

  14. #164
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    474

    Default

    Okay good news guys. Viz will release Volume 37 in a few weeks which will introduce Sird to America (hopefully). And also, the next volume will reveal to us what Sird's official English name is (if not the previous volume, but that's doubtful since Jupiter never referred to Sird by her name in Volume 37) so get your editing tools ready! :3

  15. #165
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    A place far away
    Posts
    1,318

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Macromind101 View Post
    Okay good news guys. Viz will release Volume 37 in a few weeks which will introduce Sird to America (hopefully). And also, the next volume will reveal to us what Sird's official English name is (if not the previous volume, but that's doubtful since Jupiter never referred to Sird by her name in Volume 37) so get your editing tools ready! :3
    I don't really care about Saque's english name. Sird/ Saque those are fine to use already. Maybe they'll skip the scene where Saque appears, though not leaving her scene out brings also a big plot hole.

  16. #166
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,084

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Macromind101 View Post
    EDIT: Oh actually, scratch the line about Sird finding out about Ghetsis's plan to host the PWT. Rather, Sird manipulates Ghetsis to host the PWT, convincing him that it's a good idea for Plasma and Ghetsis's plot but in reality it's just a ploy to get all the Dexholders inside one stadium at once.
    But in game PWT hosted by Clay......

  17. #167
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamingflower View Post
    I don't really care about Saque's english name. Sird/ Saque those are fine to use already. Maybe they'll skip the scene where Saque appears, though not leaving her scene out brings also a big plot hole.
    Yeah but for some reason for which I don't know why, American readers of Pokemon Adventures seem to go by how Viz translates stuff. For example, you don't see people still calling Gold's Togepi/Togekiss "Togetaro" after the GSC volumes were released by Viz. Also, Bulbapedia seems to go by Viz's translations. I'm just saying that if Viz decides to name Sird/Saque something other than the mentioned two (if she even appears in Volume 38 which I'm hoping to Arceus that she will) then Bulbapedia will follow that and we would probably have to get adapted to Sird's new name.

  18. #168
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,376

    Default

    No...

    People can call her whatever name they want, as long as it's an official one.

    This isn't Bulbapedia, so it has nothing to do here.

  19. #169
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    213

    Default

    EDIT: Oh actually, scratch the line about Sird finding out about Ghetsis's plan to host the PWT. Rather, Sird manipulates Ghetsis to host the PWT, convincing him that it's a good idea for Plasma and Ghetsis's plot but in reality it's just a ploy to get all the Dexholders inside one stadium at once.
    But in game PWT hosted by Clay......
    Who says that only Evil Team Leaders can be manipulated by Sird? If they wanted to go down this route, they could easily make Clay fall into Sird's scheme.

    Yeah but for some reason for which I don't know why, American readers of Pokemon Adventures seem to go by how Viz translates stuff. For example, you don't see people still calling Gold's Togepi/Togekiss "Togetaro" after the GSC volumes were released by Viz. Also, Bulbapedia seems to go by Viz's translations. I'm just saying that if Viz decides to name Sird/Saque something other than the mentioned two (if she even appears in Volume 38 which I'm hoping to Arceus that she will) then Bulbapedia will follow that and we would probably have to get adapted to Sird's new name.
    1.) I can't see them using anything else but "Saque". While "Sird" is the name that's fresh in everybody's minds, Viz and Chuang Yi are two very different companies.

    2.) I don't care what Bulbapedia says, I'll call her what I want to call her. Just because Bulbapedia chooses one particular name doesn't mean that everybody in the whole English-speaking world has to adapt to it. What about the Singaporeans? Do they have to buck their localized version's canon because some wiki-editing bureaucrats love the sound of a particular name? No. Worst case scenario is that she'll have ONE more name. Is that really so hard to remember?

  20. #170
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    A place far away
    Posts
    1,318

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flintoff Cypress View Post
    2.) I don't care what Bulbapedia says, I'll call her what I want to call her. Just because Bulbapedia chooses one particular name doesn't mean that everybody in the whole English-speaking world has to adapt to it. What about the Singaporeans? Do they have to buck their localized version's canon because some wiki-editing bureaucrats love the sound of a particular name? No. Worst case scenario is that she'll have ONE more name. Is that really so hard to remember?
    It's kinda like with Green and Blue. Some people use their english names, others their Japanese. I prefer sticking with Japanese nicknames for most pokemon. everyone has their own taste and can use whatever name they want. I just hate people who whine about how other people call the dexowners pokemon or some characters.

  21. #171
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    474

    Default

    Well whatever her name turns out to be, I hope it's something more ominous and tingling to the senses than "Sird". Her Korean name, Saiki, sounds more like something that came out of a horror movie, which is something that Sird needs to represent. Maybe Saeke?

  22. #172
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    213

    Default

    Well whatever her name turns out to be, I hope it's something more ominous and tingling to the senses than "Sird". Her Korean name, Saiki, sounds more like something that came out of a horror movie, which is something that Sird needs to represent. Maybe Saeke?
    I think Saque fits her well. It gives that air of mystery and mystique with a hint of evil. Perfect for a manipulative viperous mistress like herself.

    ...How did the Korean localization team come up with "Saiki" instead of "Saki" (the romanization of her name's katakana)?

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •