View Poll Results: What is your favorite Johto Town/City from GSC?

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • New Bark Town

1 1.69%
  • Cherrygrove City

2 3.39%
  • Violet City

6 10.17%
  • Azalea Town

1 1.69%
  • Goldenrod CIty

18 30.51%
  • Ecruteak City

17 28.81%
  • Olivine City

4 6.78%
  • Cianwood City

2 3.39%
  • Mahogany Town

4 6.78%
  • Blackthorn City

4 6.78%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Johto City?

Default Favorite Johto City?

Choose your favorite Johto Town/City from GSC!
    Discuss why it is your favorite !

My favorite is Cianwood City - It was so quaint and peaceful along the ocean ^-^
    Last edited by PikaSnap; 21st November 2014 at 6:09 PM.
    Sage Chow sent out Bellsprout!
    #BLUECOLLARGOLDSWAGGER

Most of the Johto cities are pretty boring to me. I also find most of them to look far too similar to each other. The only one that really stands out is Goldenrod since it is the largest which means it has the most content (for what it was worth for its time). I also thought Goldenrod had the best music in these games (though I didn't like the remake version at all), it also has the Radio Tower and underground paths which I like. Because of those things, it is my favorite.

Azalea Town because it's so secluded and natural. I also like its background music. Violet City is also nice.

BlackThorn city 1 reason Dragons Den. I made Clair upset Nuff Said

Spoiler:- Credit/Symbol/Badge:

I'd say Ecruteak for sure. I love mythology and folklore and that's where you learn about most of the Johto legendaries, along with some cool backstories for them. That, and I'm a total sucker for anything Oriental in nature, so the Dance Theatre and the remixed music in HGSS was totally awesome. Plus Ghost types are my favorites along with Dark, and Morty is one of the coolest leaders.
    3DS FC: 4656-8034-3856
    Ice Safari: Snover, Bergmite, Lapras

VM or PM me so I can add you back!

I like Violet and Ecruteak quite a lot because of the historical feeling they have to them. I'd say that I like Violet the best out of the two, though I don't really have a reason why.

I've also always been a fan of Blackthorn.

I like Goldenrod. Its an awesome place, the music is great and many more.
    ASB | TPC | TCD
    Claimed Typhlosion.

Blackthorn,because it is secluded and I really like the lake behind Clair's Gym.Also Ecruteak because five of the six Johto legendaries are connected to it.

I love sitting in the harbor on olivine.
    3DS FC: 5043 1366 9389

Looking for more secret bases! Message me your QR code, and I'll send you back mine.

Looking for that extremespeed linoone with adamant or jolly (when it comes out). If you're gonna get one, I'd appreciate it. I can clone it if needed.
    I'm willing to sell my soul for it

Cianwood was my favorite. For some reason, it's just the first city that pops into my head when I think about the Gen. II games.

Currently Trading:
    LOTS of events, and certain shinies.
    PM me for more information!
    Or visit my trade shop?

Most Wanted:
    ALL SHINY VIVILLON PATTERNS I DON'T HAVE
    UT'D PREFERRED!

NATIONAL DEX COMPLETED!
    718/718 on 6/17/2014 /// Kalos Dex Completed on 6/17/14
    MANY thanks to Apheria and Tangeh for being amazing and helping with it's completion!
    Proud owner of the Shiny Charm and the Oval Charm

Pokémon Y Friend Code: 1177 - 6855 - 6151
    Friend Safari (Fighting): Meditite, Sawk, Tyrogue

Pokémon X Friend Code: 4613 - 8504 - 0644
    Friend Safari (Normal): Lillipup, Minccino, Eevee

Please PM me after adding!

Violet and Ecruteak were really pretty, but the feel and music of Olivine really got to me.

Credit to cloneydew2000 for the sprites.

Ecruteak, because of its music and the lore tied into the legendary beasts originating there. Olivine is very nice, too, being on the coast.

Current mono-type: TFL, Round 4
    Game: Black 2 (6/8)

Regions cleared: Johto | Hoenn | Sinnoh | Unova | (More? Let's finish these first~)

Ecruteak City as I loved the music there.

Credits to Snowflake for the userbar

That's a tough one. I tend to stick around Goldenrod City since there's so much to do, and a number of daily events. That said, I love the atmosphere and mystery of Ecruteak.

For many of the reasons stated above, Goldenrod and Ecruteak would probably be my two Johto favorites, in that order. Goldenrod is essentially the central hub of Johto, having the department store, Johto's game corner, the bike shop, the national park, and the radio tower/Team Rocket showdown. I also love how close Goldenrod is to Violet City, and to the Ruins of Alph by default. And let's not forget the magnet train and the connectivity to Kanto.

Ecruteak is just a very calming city, to me. I love the emphasis on folklore and overall it was just a really chill place, and definitely more aesthetically pleasing than let's say...Blackthorn and all of those godforsaken ledges?
    Wish that I could be on more, but life happens. If you need anything, lemme know.

(I'm an English major. I know how to read and write. If you need someone to proofread any fanfiction, I'm your guy.)

Mahogany Town was always my favourite. Guess I'm alone on this one, lol, but none of the Johto cities really stand out for me anyways. I don't really have a specific reason... I like the name, though. I hung around there a lot as a kid, and there was a huge variety of pokemon around there when you consider how many caves/ routes/ waterways branch off of it. I also really liked the Ice Path despite being awful at the sliding puzzles. It took me a full week during my first run through as a second-grader. >_> But I was so happy when I got through! Best moment out of the first two gens for me, LOL.

Happy Holidays!
    FC: 1048 - 8845 - 0258
    ~ ~ ~
    [719/719]
    NATIONAL DEX COMPLETED! - Thanks to all who helped!
    -06/17/2014-

That's True Mahogany was Nice. But my favourite is Blackthorn and I know goldenrod is very popular but..... its home to whitney and here ******* Miltank. Sorry I had terrible memories of her in Gold. As I said my favourite is blackthorn because I love the gym puzzle and Clair is a dragon type Gym Leader and Dragons Den was nice and I loved the design. Also making Clair get really upset was hilarious.. well when I was younger. :P

Spoiler:- Credit/Symbol/Badge:

Goldenrod all the way.

Ecruteak City has that somber, historical aura surrounding it that had sucked me in from the get-go, and its typically the first city I think of when I think of Johto. I remember when I first played Silver and I entered Ecruteak, and all of a sudden it was like the atmosphere had changed. It was still Pokémon, but it added so much more to the world that it blew my mind bit by bit. I also still believe to this day that I saw one of the Legendary Beasts running past the buildings shortly after I exited the Burned Tower, crazy as it sounds.

Even so, the history of Johto really does feel like its heart is that of Ecruteak, and I love every moment of it.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

I don't have any particular love of the cities because of their background stories and such, so I guess New Bark Town and Ecruteak purely because of the music. NBT is especially my favorite.

Though I guess I do get excited when I reach Goldenrod just because of the elemental punches TM available early in the game. I used to buy a lot of those soft drinks too, but lately I've been skipping them.

Goldenrod city, because it is the largest city, and I always like the biggest ones

Yes, I typed in the color goldenrod for this,

I have claimed Emolga and credit to Sworn Metalhead for the banner
    #1 Emolga Fan!

Tough choice.

In terms of playing the game itself, Goldenrod, because it had most of what I needed at the dept. store. From an aesthetic point of view, either Ecruteak or Cianwood, because of both the music and the themes.
    Tonight, I wanna dance with someone else ~

New Bark's always been my favourite starting town, not least due to its name.

This is a tough one. When I played through the games, I found myself spending more time in Goldenrod then any other city and I'll guess I'll have to say Goldenrod.
    Pokemon Alpha Sahppire Team

Trainer Name: Erin
    3DS FC: 0748-3470-9720

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Umbreon View Post
    I'd say Ecruteak for sure. I love mythology and folklore and that's where you learn about most of the Johto legendaries, along with some cool backstories for them. That, and I'm a total sucker for anything Oriental in nature, so the Dance Theatre and the remixed music in HGSS was totally awesome.
    Couldn't agree more.
    If I think of anything interesting to put here, I'll let you know.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast