Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Really annoying moments!

This happened a few years ago when playing Emerald...

So I've just started fishing or surfing or something when, aw man it's a Pelipper. Hang on, the colour's a bit wierd... OMG ITS A SHINY (I was about eight at the time so i was like ) go into inventory - NOOOOOOO!!!!!!! Guess what? I have NO POKE BALLS! I cried my eyes out for about a half hour until working up the courage to flee from the battle.

On the GTS, you know there are loads of unfair offers? In a dare, I offered a shiny Raichu or someting on the GTS and asked for a level 1 Infernape. Nothing too odd. A couple of days later, my friends were eager to see if I got anything. "I won't have anything! Who would trade a hacked Pokemon for a shiny Raichu?" so we looked and.... OMFG IS THAT A LEVEL ONE INFERNAPE THAT JUST WENT INTO MY 'SHINY' BOX?!?!?!? And it was! I couldn't wait to see what moves and nature it had. WHAT??? That guy who gave me the Infernape was a HACKER! He had given me a LEVEL ONE MAGIKARP and hacked its appearance so he could get my shiny Raichu for NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was literally jaw-dropped. Mortified, even. It took me forever to get the Pikachu, breed it a thousand times and then endlessly train until I got my amazing shiny Raichu. And then it was gone. My friends were like, "We are SO sorry we dared you to do that." I was mostly angry at myself for letting myself trade that shiny Raichu.

I am an Absol. Do not come near me, do not try to befriend me. I am your doom. I am in love with Darkrai. Do not tell him that.
    You will die. You will all die.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoruagible View Post
    When the sign says storm outbreak at a certain route and when I go there the storm is not there but when I look at the nearest sign it says the storm is there
    that's because every time you enter a room or change rooms it changes routes.

I remember that I caught a Heracross on FireRed once and I was thrilled. Being the young and stupid me I was at that time, I decided to push in the cartridge more because it was not in all the way. I did not save, so I got locked into a battle with a Tentacool while I heard glitched-up battle music until I turned the game off. T_T
    Another moment is when I traded off a Thundurus not realizing it would be difficult to get another. Even worse, I no longer have Wi-Fi for the game, so the only way I can get another is through a paid app. X_X
    At least I did the other person a favor by giving it to him...
    Four Shinies now! Zara (Audino, female) (10/24/12), Kiki (Ledian, female) (10/16/13), Ivy (Carnivine, female) (10/31/13), Hoshi (Relicanth, male) (11/16/13)
    Friend Safari: Rock (Dwebble, Onix, and Shuckle)
    3DS FC: 2380-2837-4651 Name: Hy6507
    I have officially claimed Chespin!
    Current hunt: Chespin (MM) 200 eggs!

I hate how people on the GTS will trade you weak common pokemon that you need in return for level 100s or poemon you can't get like a level 9 or lower Reshiram or Zekrom.

Killing shiny Herdier AND shiny Sandile in the space of 1 month... I was NOT AMUSED >
    Hey guys, please sign up to my RPG The Archetype, we need more members!

Spoiler:- text:

I am a proud member of Join the fight.
    Credit goes to Avenger Angel for making the RP's awesome banner. Thanks Bron and Neo for the awesome RP

Annoying moments...

When you run out of pokeballs and you find a good 'mon to catch, or ..it just won't stay in the ball. :P

While training, having to deal with 'mon's you don't want to train on.

In Black and White, probably all those battles with Bianca and Cheren. I don't /need/ to battle you, as you'll know you'll lose.

Get on the GTS looking for a oshawott...and all the offers were for a Lv9 and under Reshiram/Zekrom. Holy Hackemons poeople don't think...or are they using it as a storage system?

That I can't take TWO STEPS without a random encounter...

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow_V-Creator View Post
    Get on the GTS looking for a oshawott...and all the offers were for a Lv9 and under Reshiram/Zekrom. Holy Hackemons poeople don't think...or are they using it as a storage system?
    I heard of a cloning glitch that involves the GTS. I wonder if they are doing that...
    Four Shinies now! Zara (Audino, female) (10/24/12), Kiki (Ledian, female) (10/16/13), Ivy (Carnivine, female) (10/31/13), Hoshi (Relicanth, male) (11/16/13)

I thought they fixed it in BW.

Quote Originally Posted by Brownie View Post
    I thought they fixed it in BW.
    I guess they are using it as storage, then. Or they are oblivious or young.

I'm oblivious and young

I am an Absol. Do not come near me, do not try to befriend me. I am your doom. I am in love with Darkrai. Do not tell him that.
    You will die. You will all die.

You are not the only one here thinking that. Some people should get some common sense, which is not common nowadays apparently. Almost every other request was either an underleveled legendary or an underleveled starter.
    Everyone together! · 大家聚合!· Alles zusammen! · 모두 함께! · 一緒にみんな!

Source: Bulbapedia

White 2 - Drake - 2838 9377 2007
    3DS - 0232-7984-8655
    Shinies:
    DWFs: PM for details.

Open GMT 1100-1600 on weekdays & GMT 0000-1600 on weekends.
    Important info may be given through voice chat during trades.

Si vis pacem, para bellum

I hate how difficult and/or how many egg steps shaking grass pokemon take. A ton of people love the shiny versions, but they just aren't worth it with all the running around you need to do D:

Latest Shiny: Gible (MMing on Y - After 1637 Eggs!)

Im usually annoyed if i have to use many pokeballs just to catch a wild pokemon in the early game especially i dont have big budget to buy more balls. Yes, i have to catch pokemon on every route before moving on.
    X FC: Cutty 2449 6004 1037
    The Trinity League Poison Apprentice Master League Shadow Stars League Poison Leader
    PokeGyms Fairy Leader

Spoiler:- Credits:

Quote Originally Posted by thetifftiff
    Amount of real life time doesn't mean much when it comes to shiny hunting though.

My really annoying PKMN moments
    1. Caught Reshiram, DS ran flat. Didnt get a chance to save.
    2. Went to go and recieve my Keldeo. Never Got It.
    3. Found a shiny Mienfoo. Evolved. Now looks terrible.
    [center]
    Name: WolfHound
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage[/center
    Last edited by DialgasMaster!; 7th January 2013 at 7:59 PM.

Basically anything trade-related; GTS or GTS negotiations... especially GTS negotiations. It got to the point where the only thing I saw was lv 100 shiny Porygon-Zs.

Quote Originally Posted by Chimecho3000 View Post
    I hate the lack of L=A button configuration and that option of turning on the C-Gear everytime you start your game.
    THIS. I thought I was the only one who missed that... I got so used to it the previous gens and then it's gone all of a sudden...

I've only used the GtS once but It was actually worth it.
    Looking for a spiritomb BUT the only things on were lv.9 and under reshiram/zekrom.
    So I put a level seventy something Braviary named hover on.
    I receive a week later a lv.41 spiritomb WITH POKERUS!!!!!!

The 'come with me' music is really catchy AND ANNOYING!!!!!

Dammit, I've been practically dead. Too busy fighting demons and shadows.......* points evoker at head*....... back to work...* fires*

† I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Those Pokemon with obscenely low catch rates (Metang, for example) that pop up when you're in the middle of something else. Being a person who catches everything uncaught that he sees, these guys always waste tens of Pokeballs and (of course) time.
    3DS Friend Code: 2337-4080-6077 | Friend Safari (Poison): Cascoon, Venomoth, Muk
    Kalos Pokedex completed on 1 January 2014
    National Pokedex completed on 7 July 2014

Shinies:

Stupid people on GTS. I want a stunky, they want a lv 100 event legendary!?!?WTF?!

that annoying moment when you breed two different pokemon and both have the nature you want for the other. GOD DONUT!
    Pokemon White rotational teams pokes in trainingWhite Fc: 4556 7172 3697 BP: 15

credit goes to luxraymaster for the awesome team pose

Your signature contained too many images and was too tall. Please read the signature rules before you update it again.

Every time I was fighting Lenora and was about to win, her stupid watchog would use retaliate and kill me. I hated that.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheez Puf View Post
    Basically anything trade-related; GTS or GTS negotiations... especially GTS negotiations. It got to the point where the only thing I saw was lv 100 shiny Porygon-Zs.

THIS. I thought I was the only one who missed that... I got so used to it the previous gens and then it's gone all of a sudden...
    Same. Only time it was useful was for my dex. Also, when people drop you right away on GTS negotiations. *ugh* Understand you want certain Pokemon, but come on, so do I.

When you accidently run into a trainer who wants to battle you... and you don't want to battle.

A Pokemon you want to catch knocks itself out... thank god for soft reset.

@ dragonquester: Can understand that one. Took me forever just to get one due to it.
    Last edited by WishIhadaManafi5; 14th January 2013 at 12:58 AM.
    Looking forward to the release of Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire.

Will be training up the shiny Abra I have that's named Robin in honor of you. May you R.I.P.

Angry

I just came across someone on the GTS offering a shiny Oddish, in return for a female Cloyster. I should really have known better, but I went ahead with the trade. Of course, it turns out to be an RNG job. Really cross, but mostly with myself for not having the sense to ignore the trade.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast