Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122 LastLast
Results 501 to 525 of 535

Thread: Is Pokemon Getting Weird?

  1. #501
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    In your mind
    Posts
    4,196

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BritishWeavile View Post
    Do what? Gamefreak doesn't care.
    They might as well make the honey badger Pokemon. As you say, Gamefreak don't care.

    Cipher sent us to hell - but we're going even deeper - take back every Pokemon that we've lost!
    Wakin, I'm already a demon...
    3DS friend code: 2148-8189-4401 (Rock Type) Nosepass/Pupitar/Barbaracle
    Dream Code: 5400-2204-6955

  2. #502
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Grannvale
    Posts
    345

    Default

    wait, pokemon was normal at one point?
    nah, i don't really think its getting weird.
    † I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

  3. #503
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Slovenia
    Posts
    1,384

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Psychic Politoed View Post
    They might as well make the honey badger Pokemon. As you say, Gamefreak don't care.
    They do care about what pokemon they introduce.
    They just don't care about nonsense arguments about numbers becoming slightly bigger being a bad thing because someone said so.

    I mean, its not like they are deliberately trying to make as many legendaries as possible just to piss off people like shinyumbreon.
    If you do some research, most of them have some very interesting backgrounds and bases and were likely added because they thought the idea was interesting enough.

  4. #504
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    5,901

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Psychic Politoed View Post
    They might as well make the honey badger Pokemon. As you say, Gamefreak don't care.
    What does the Honey Badger being made have to due with Gamefreak caring or not? It's not like the Honey Badger is any different then using any other Animal.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mitja View Post
    They do care about what pokemon they introduce.
    They just don't care about nonsense arguments about numbers becoming slightly bigger being a bad thing because someone said so.

    I mean, its not like they are deliberately trying to make as many legendaries as possible just to piss off people like shinyumbreon.
    If you do some research, most of them have some very interesting backgrounds and bases and were likely added because they thought the idea was interesting enough.
    I'd imagine the main reason they made more Legendary Pokemon was because a lot of people do like them. Yah some people lose interest and believe they lose value the more there are, but not everyone thinks like that, and I can only assume the target audience of the franchise(You know, little kids) cares even less, Legendary Pokemon are basically "special", kids are going to get interest in that, not all of them, but enough to keep making more Legendary Pokemon.

    It's not like there is even a lot of Legendary Pokemon anyways, Legendary Pokemon make a total of around 7% of overall Pokemon. There's only been around a 4% increase of Legendary Pokemon since the first generation. Breaking it down even more:

    Generation 1-151 total Pokemon, 5 Legendary Pokemon, 3.1% Legendary Pokemon of the generation, Regional Pokedex, and total.

    Generation 2-100 total Pokemon, 6 Legendary Pokemon, 6% Legendary Pokemon of the generation, 4.4% Legendary Pokemon for Regional Pokedex and total.

    Generation 3-135 total Pokemon, 10 Legendary Pokemon, 7.4% Legendary Pokemon of the generation, 4.9% Legendary Pokemon for Regional Pokedex, 5.4% Legendary Pokemon total.

    Generation 4-107 total Pokemon, 14 Legendary Pokemon(Phione included), 13% Legendary Pokemon of the generation, 4% Legendary Pokemon for Regional Pokedex(DP)/3.3% Legendary Pokemon for Regional Pokedex(Platinum), 7.1% Legendary Pokemon total.

    Generation 5-156 total Pokemon, 13 Legendary Pokemon, 8.3% Legendary Pokemon of the generation and Regional Pokedex(B/W)/4.3% Legendary Pokemon for Regional Pokedex(B2/W2), 7.2% Legendary Pokemon total.

    So for the most part, the regional dex has always been around 4% Legendary, with the exception of the first series of 5th generation which was twice that.

    The amount of Legendary Pokemon added in total has gone up only around 1% each generation, with the exception of generation 4 which went up almost by 2% as well as generation 5 which only added around 0.1%.

    Generation 4 added the most Legendary Pokemon , but it also was the second lowest for Legendary in Regional Pokedex, for both series of the games.

    And no, I didn't count formes/forms, as it's still the same Pokemon regardless of the change of look and stats. I also didn't count Legendary Pokemon that weren't in the regional dex when it came to doing the regional dex part, as they aren't registered in the Pokedex, so even though B2/W2 has a ton of Legendary Pokemon you can get, a lot aren't in the regional dex, plus it's all post game, which means more Pokemon for you to get from past games, nothing wrong with adding in Legendary Pokemon from past games to post game of new games.

    Overall, there isn't a lot of Legendary Pokemon during your game play, as I said, only around 4% for most games. Unless you consider that a lot...which I suppose all generations had a lot then.

    There simply is no limit to how much they can/should/will/whatever add to the franchise. There is no such thing as "not needed" or whatever, there is no criteria for that. You may not like the amount, but that makes no difference, your personal taste is just that, personal, others wont feel the same, and your feelings aren't in anyway a fact of the matter. There is no criteria for what makes a Legendary Pokemon other then Gamefreak saying it's one.

    So again, unless you consider 4% and 7% to be a large amount, then no, not a lot of Legendary Pokemon, and there's no such thing as "not needed".
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

  5. #505
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Saving a planet in space
    Posts
    80

    Default

    Here's the way I look at it. Yes, the first 150 were the best, yes, they may have gone overboard with some things, but seriously- If they hadn't made more Pokémon, what would have happened? Nothing.

    Okay, think of it this way. During the first generation, all they had was the 150, right? So everyone who owned the game had practically the same exact teams. There was no variety, the best Pokémon had advantages and that was that. They made it better by creating new Pokémon, I don't care what anyone says. If the first generation stayed the way it was forever it would be like having only 150 pieces of clothing in the world, everyone would be wearing the same thing, no? Exactly. They needed more Pokémon. And now with 600 some Pokémon, the possibilities are practically endless!
    +An Eevee's Tale, the Smallest of Eevees+

    | Successful Trades on Serebii: 23 | 2DS Friend Code (shared DS): 4442-0034-0864 | National Pokédex Status: Complete |

  6. #506
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    6,124

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gliscor&yanmega View Post
    What does the Honey Badger being made have to due with Gamefreak caring or not? It's not like the Honey Badger is any different then using any other Animal.
    It...it was a joke, dude. It's a reference to a YouTube video.

    Quote Originally Posted by Takatheeducatedkid View Post
    Here's the way I look at it. Yes, the first 150 were the best, yes, they may have gone overboard with some things, but seriously- If they hadn't made more Pokémon, what would have happened? Nothing.
    Overboard how? I don't think they've gone overboard with anything. But then, I only like a handful of the originals and get far more nostalgia out of a Black replay than I do an RBY replay (actually I can't even stand to play RBY anymore), so I guess I'm just one of those freaks without a human heart. ;D
    My 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

    Vivillon Pattern: Modern

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

  7. #507
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    5,901

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Endolise View Post
    It...it was a joke, dude. It's a reference to a YouTube video.
    I didn't know it was a reference to anything, I see now.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

  8. #508
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    England
    Posts
    174

    Default

    If you don't want to catch or fuse a pokemon then don't! The people at gamefreak aren't going to change everything just for one person! For the record I know quite a lot of people who think the fusion thing is really cool. I've been playing Pokémon for 10 years and I'm thirteen years old and I don't think it's lost it's touch in fact I think it's got better (although it doesn't get better then ruby and sapphire) but again this is just my opinion.

  9. #509
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    8

    Default

    I could kinda see what he's saying, cause people say that about big titles on the console.. for example, Halo 2. How everyone said it was so perfect, and halo 3 was ruined.. But Halo 3 was definitely the best, Halo Reach is terrible.. They try added more ****, so you aren't buying the same game.. How people say CoD 4 is the best, I could agree with that.. Hit detection is perfect. No lag.. Clean gameplay, and yet simply and fun.. Now there's **** flying around everywhere, uav's counter uav's. choppers. campers.. So I can relate to where he's coming from.. Halo 3 I spent a lot of time on, but I balanced it well, so I don't think it was a waste.. but Everything since... yeah basically a waste..

  10. #510
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    The earth
    Posts
    116

    Default

    Yes pokemon IS getting wierder!
    Example:Vanill-familly,Trubbish,Garbador,Gothorita,The ice guy who has only a face,Confrigrigus....I think that's it.

  11. #511
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    5,901

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GiantsFan View Post
    Yes pokemon IS getting wierder!
    Example:Vanill-familly,Trubbish,Garbador,Gothorita,The ice guy who has only a face,Confrigrigus....I think that's it.
    And you're providing no reason why these selected Pokemon prove Pokemon is getting "weirder" because?

    Perhaps you don't like their designs for whatever reason or whatever, but the Pokemon you listed aren't any "weirder" then all the bunch we've gotten throughout the generations. It's not like weird things are anything bad anyways.

    So no, Pokemon isn't getting weirder, it's always been weird with the Pokemon designs. And there's nothing to say "this" is weird then "that", other then personal perception.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

  12. #512
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    6,124

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GiantsFan View Post
    Yes pokemon IS getting wierder!
    Example:Vanill-familly,Trubbish,Garbador,Gothorita,The ice guy who has only a face,Confrigrigus....I think that's it.
    Geodude, Voltorb, Exeggcute, Grimer, Jynx, Glalie...
    Last edited by Endolise; 10th October 2012 at 10:40 PM.
    My 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

    Vivillon Pattern: Modern

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

  13. #513
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    1,047

    Default

    The hell is the title even supposed to mean.


        Spoiler:- Credits:

  14. #514
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    idk
    Posts
    698

    Default

    Pokemon isn't getting "weirder". In fact, Pokemon is getting cooler. I'm itching to get White 2!

    Pokemon can never have too many legendaries. But they COULD have more dragon types...xD

    Quote Originally Posted by Ghirahim
    You have awoken an anguish that will burn for eons...

  15. #515
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The U.S.A!
    Posts
    168

    Default

    Since when has catching wild animals in small balls which clearly must act as some sort of hyperspace wormhole portal thing (since clearly, a pokemon weighing 100's of pounds couldn't fit inside an orb the size of a young child's fist and then be carried around effortlessly) and then using said animals for battles has never been weird. Pokemon has, as a series, right from the beginning exploring ideas that are either impossible or improbable and even ideas which have become actualities, such as cloning , DNA splicing (which occurs in labs, although in a much less dramitic form then literally fusing two beings into one), alternate universes, wormholes ETC, all wrapped up as a seemingly simple "children's" game.

    And If I haven't messed with your head enough, think about this. Taking what we know about our universe and how we perceive it, its reasonable to say the universe was created by the big bang. However this event has an infinitesimally small probability of occurring, something like catching a trillion shiny pokemon in a row. An event which, theoretically, given enough time, will end up occurring. However, this event created space time, making said event basically impossible, yet clearly it happened as here I am typing this. So basically, we exist because in impossible event occurred before time even existed for it to occur during. Yet this is entirely unknowable, since our understanding is limited by our perception. In actuality, its possible that none of this really exists, OR the was a different form of time that WE can't perceive, which was what allowed the big bang to occur. Or maybe gamefreak is right and Arceus created everything.

    Has your brain exploded yet?

    There are a lot more strange and weird things then pokemon. Like people. There is nobody alive that truly understands everyone 100%, yet lots of people think that they do. Go figure.
    Am I supposed to say something here?

  16. #516
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    In my House
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Well, i have to admit that I love pkmn but i don,t know why i believe that unova pokemon are combinations of old generations: example:
    Pidove it's a copy of Starly, druddigon reminds me Salamence, and since the hoenn region all regions have the basic pokedex complex:
    1.- starters
    2.- normal pokemon
    3.- three guardian pokemon
    4.- a non legendary pokemon
    5.- story legendary pokemon
    6.- extra unobtainable legendary pokemon

  17. #517
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Nimbasa City
    Posts
    127

    Default

    If that was true "veteran players" would have probably stopped playing when they added two new types back in gold and silver. :P

  18. #518
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    5,901

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HylianDerek View Post
    Well, i have to admit that I love pkmn but i don,t know why i believe that unova pokemon are combinations of old generations: example:
    Pidove it's a copy of Starly, druddigon reminds me Salamence, and since the hoenn region all regions have the basic pokedex complex:
    1.- starters
    2.- normal pokemon
    3.- three guardian pokemon
    4.- a non legendary pokemon
    5.- story legendary pokemon
    6.- extra unobtainable legendary pokemon
    Not "copy", it's basically a counterpart. Each region has it's regional Birds. I don't see any comparisons to be made with Druddigon and Salamence though, they are just Dragon types, both having very different designs and battle styles.

    Also, each generation has had similar formats for the Pokemon, not only since Hoenn, it's changed a little since Hoenn but we've always had the starters, regional Rodent, regional Birds, perhaps more.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

  19. #519
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    England
    Posts
    174

    Default

    The thing that you have to remember is that this is a game where a tiny little rat can shoot beams of ice, cloak itself in fire, (for those of you that don't know flame wheel is an egg move) create electricity and make an indestructible barrier, but no one has ever questioned that have they? The thing you have to remember is that kyurem was always one pokemon that split into two so in a way black kyurem/white kyurem is just its normal form. For those of you who think pokemon is dying it isn't when BW2 came out how many of you bought it or are going to buy it? Pokemon is likely to go on for many years since it is making a lot of money and I know I will be playing it 'till the bitter end.

  20. #520
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    The earth
    Posts
    116

    Default

    I still think it's wierd because of the design of 5th gen pokemon.

  21. #521
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    South East Abbey, Tethe'alla
    Posts
    1,707

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GiantsFan View Post
    I still think it's wierd because of the design of 5th gen pokemon.
    So Pokemon in the 1st-4th gen weren't weird?


    "i know how to use a sword!" - tumblr
    - i've claimed zelos wilder and tales of the abyss

  22. #522
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    5,901

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GiantsFan View Post
    I still think it's wierd because of the design of 5th gen pokemon.
    Well in the end, in general Pokemon isn't getting any "weirder"(In terms of meaning anything bad). People can still find them weird for whatever reason, so long as they don't try and state it as a fact or anything. Explaining why you think the way you do is always good too.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

  23. #523
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    9,396

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GiantsFan View Post
    I still think it's wierd because of the design of 5th gen pokemon.
    Why is "weird" a bad thing? Also, how is a rock with arms not "weird" but an overstuffed trashbag is "weird"?
    I'm part of the staff at Project Pokemon! Smod in forums, AOP in IRC, Administrator on Shoddy. Come visit us. Our Project is Pokemon!

  24. #524
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Slovenia
    Posts
    1,384

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GiantsFan View Post
    I still think it's wierd because of the design of 5th gen pokemon.
    Again,
    6 eggs, with faces!
    /thread

  25. #525
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    The Hall Of Fame
    Posts
    750

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mitja View Post
    Again,
    6 eggs, with faces!
    /thread
    I see nothing weird about that

Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •