Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 121819202122

Thread: Is Pokemon Getting Weird?

Pokemon has always been weird. Why mention it now?

Anyways, I think that Pokemon has been getting weirder, worse, and better. I think the imaginations of the producers have to stretch much farther then a dinosaur with a bulb on his back; they're just trying to be more creative, even if it means creating some rather...fusion-ized 'mons. *coughnewKamiTriocough*
    Last edited by Moonlight Amaryllis; 13th October 2012 at 3:16 AM.

Spoiler:- Some Things:

Weirdness is based on a point of reference.

If one's point of reference is the real world, then Pokemon was, is, and will be weird.
    If one's point of reference is the old games, the new games are weird.
    If one's point of reference is the new games, the old games are weird.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this into your sig if you are too.†

I will agree that Pokemon is getting Complicated, but not weird

Quote Originally Posted by Moonlight Absol View Post
    Yeah. This sums it up.

tumblr
    - i've claimed zelos wilder, xerneas, and tales of the abyss
    Omega Ruby team:

To be honest, there is no definition or explanation of how a Pokémon should look like, a Pokémon is a Pokémon regardless of how it looks.

Is Pokémon getting weird? No. Pokémon has been weird since day 1 - remember Jynx? What the hell is that supposed to be? What is Muk, living mud? Living Magnets? A turtle with a cannon installed in its shell? What? And Porygon? That thing is an artificial creation. A stone snake? A MIME? What the ****? It really sucks that people are being hypocritical when it comes to designs when it's obvious that some designs have been strange since day 1. People are just willing to look past them for the sake of nostalgia and criticize newer generations for similarly ridiculous designs for God knows what reason.

It's kinda sad.

Your cousin needs to take off the nostalgia glasses.
    Last edited by DemPokemanz; 14th October 2012 at 1:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Janovy View Post
    To be honest, there is no definition or explanation of how a Pokémon should look like, a Pokémon is a Pokémon regardless of how it looks.

Is Pokémon getting weird? No. Pokémon has been weird since day 1 - remember Jynx? What the hell is that supposed to be? What is Muk, living mud? Living Magnets? A turtle with a cannon installed in its shell? What? And Porygon? That thing is an artificial creation. A stone snake? A MIME? What the ****? It really sucks that people are being hypocritical when it comes to designs when it's obvious that some designs have been strange since day 1. People are just willing to look past them for the sake of nostalgia and criticize newer generations for similarly ridiculous designs for God knows what reason.

It's kinda sad.
    There's nothing more to say

thank you for reading what this thread is REALLY about
    I have calmed down my addiction for Ugly Betty. Yay-ish. I had to get addicted to another show....

I AM NOW ADDICTED TO DEGRASSI!

WHATEVER IT TAKES!!!! =P

THAT IS ALL FOR NOW

*evil laugh*

Quote Originally Posted by Moonlight Absol View Post
    ^What Absol said.

Pokemon was always weird, but the increased complicated-ness in the games actually makes it more fun to play.
    Currently semi-active until Early-Mid January 2013 due to being busy as a Programmer and all. If you would like to speak to me before that time, send me a PM VM or email. Until then... "Smell ya later !" ~Gary Oak

Well, the Random Matchup is a bit weird since they censor your pokemons' nicknames, but don't censor whatever the trainer has entered as his/her phrases when you meet them afterwards on Join Avenue.

Yesterday, I played a Random Matchup, and when I talked to the guy afterwards, he said "Nutsack!" Obviously, I wasn't going to invite him to open a shop, so I recommended him instead, and while interacting with the shop, he said "TITTIES!" in all caps.

Yes, my pokemon game has officially had a character that has screamed the word titties in the marketplace. I'm trying to imagine if I was a kid playing with his parent(s) watching.

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 121819202122