Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Pokemon Getting Weird?

I love how people present their opinions as fact to try and disprove someone else's opinion on this site

Quote Originally Posted by Fang'gar View Post
    it was out when i was a little kid and i remember watching the original pokemon anime. the new pokemons these days are getting ugly and they need to come up with new looks. there are lots of really cool fan made ones
    They do come up with new looks- over a hundred every three or four years. And most of the fanmade Pokemon out there are uglier than anything in the actual games, largely because they were designed by amateurs who have no idea what they're even doing.

98% of the teenage population has died smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
    Good old natural selection...

Quote Originally Posted by Flash-Sama View Post
    I have to admit Gamefreak is running out of ideas for pokes hence the fusion of the legendaries in B/W 2.
    >Game Freak introduces new mechanic
    >People call it "running out of ideas"
    My 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow_V-Creator View Post
    since its been going on for so long..and its like they arent going to let it end so they drag things out...but the results arent what veteran trainers really would want to see..in my opinion :/
    What do they drag out? They just made the generation with the most pokemon ever. And I love it. They are expanding the world at a nice pace, adding exotic stuff while always keeping things familiar. What more could we want?
    I mean, what would be your preferred continuation of the franchise?

Quote Originally Posted by Fang'gar View Post
    the new pokemons these days are getting ugly and they need to come up with new looks.
    Im confident that regardless of how you define ugly, I can point to something at least as "ugly" or the same kind of "ugly" existing since RBY.
    Not sure what new looks means either, but let me point out that generation V specifically reused many concepts and made them look completely different and fresh.

Quote Originally Posted by Endolise View Post
    >Game Freak introduces new mechanic
    >People call it "running out of ideas"
    Exactly xD
    No matter what gamefreak does, they are always running out of ideas.
    Even if they solved world hunger and invented free energy, there would be someone on these forums saying that they are obviously running out of ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash-Sama View Post
    Of course pokemon is weird, everything is weird in it's own way.
    I started back on the Gameboy days and am still playing now. I have to admit Gamefreak is running out of ideas for pokes hence the fusion of the legendaries in B/W 2.
    But other than that pokemon is great and it doesn't matter how old or young you are! Pokemon has and will always continue to be one of the best games of all time and it will never die!

Hahaha but yea that's my opinion
    No, you're just wrong. If they "ran out of ideas", there wouldn't be new games to begin with.

If the games are so horrible, feel free to stop playing.
    I'm part of the staff at Project Pokemon! Smod in forums, AOP in IRC, Administrator on Shoddy. Come visit us. Our Project is Pokemon!

Ok. Here's the thing.

You're talking about a world where 10-year-olds go out into the untamed wilderness to catch wild animals and make them participate in what basically amounts to sanctioned dogfighting. A world where your life really doesn't amount to much if it doesn't have something to do with Pokemon (even Football and Soccer players train Pokemon, and apparently musicals and movies are exclusively for Pokemon). A world where organized crime syndicates can easily be defeated by children. A world where kids can somehow get a driver's license. A world where two godlike creatures battling and destroying a city in the process is only considered a minor inconvenience.

And you're just now thinking that Pokemon is getting weird? Dude, Pokemon has ALWAYS been weird. It's one of those strange cosmic variables that makes people love it so much.
    Last edited by SBaby; 11th September 2012 at 6:39 PM.
    A Winner Is You!!!

If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you'll never get it done.
    - Bruce Lee

The worst thing you can do in any business is blame the customer.
    - Willie 'Jack' Degel

Quote Originally Posted by SBaby View Post
    You're talking about a world where 10-year-olds go out into the untamed wilderness to catch wild animals and make them participate in what basically amounts to sanctioned dogfighting.
    Its not dogfighting.

A world where organized crime syndicates can easily be defeated by children.
    Children with Pokémon. Big difference.

Ok. Here's the thing.

You're talking about a world where 10-year-olds go out into the untamed wilderness to catch wild animals and make them participate in what basically amounts to sanctioned dogfighting. A world where your life really doesn't amount to much if it doesn't have something to do with Pokemon (even Football and Soccer players train Pokemon, and apparently musicals and movies are exclusively for Pokemon). A world where organized crime syndicates can easily be defeated by children. A world where kids can somehow get a driver's license. A world where two godlike creatures battling and destroying a city in the process is only considered a minor inconvenience.

And you're just now thinking that Pokemon is getting weird? Dude, Pokemon has ALWAYS been weird. It's one of those strange cosmic variables that makes people love it so much.
    ^ this= perfect answer

I don't know about your cousin, but RBY were pretty shotty. They started a progressive trend of epic games, but the original games themselves had horrible, horrible coding. Types weren't balanced, moves were completely unregulated, only one Pokemon could stand a chance against Gen 1 Mewtwo, not fun. Looking back, they were fond memories of every kid on the block having the game, but as a gamer from the very first incarnations, I'd much rather play with "fused" Pokemon than be limited to the play style of 1998.

And Kyurem wasn't the first conglomerate Pokemon, Slowbro was (just not literally via Shelder). Don't forget Magneton and Dugtrio.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mario with Lasers View Post
    By the way, Miltank with Rapid Spin for great justice. ROTATING NIPPLES
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxim View Post
    It feels like... I had a halfmeter-long boner. After hearing this, it suddenly went all flaccid. Forever.
    3DS Friend Code (In-Game name is Jesse): 5343-7935-6882
    X Friend Safari: Grass-type: Blahdish, Sawbsux, GoGoatse ( -_-' troll freak...)

I SUPPORT REGIGIGAS WITH EXPLOSION.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ PRAISE HELIX ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Quote Originally Posted by Victreebong View Post
    And Kyurem wasn't the first conglomerate Pokemon, Slowbro was (just not literally via Shelder). Don't forget Magneton and Dugtrio.
    I don't see the relation. Magneton evolves from a single Magnemite etc.

Kyurem is more like Deoxys, except that the catalyst is Zekrom/Reshiram in your team instead of a meteorite NPC.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitja View Post
    I don't see the relation. Magneton evolves from a single Magnemite etc.

Kyurem is more like Deoxys, except that the catalyst is Zekrom/Reshiram in your team instead of a meteorite NPC.
    Magneton's dex enter mentions it's three Magnemite together. Victreebong was just saying that Kyurem isn't the first Pokemon to fuse.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

My opinion of the fusing was just that the DNA Link abused the fact that Reshiram and Zekrom were once one pokemon and are unstable due to the split. The item capitalizes on that unstableness and fuses them with Kyurem, which seems to be damaged or injured.

Ok. Here's the thing.

Best answer that hasn't trolled at all.

I really think pokemon is getting a bit stranger. I mean, before legendary pokemon were side quests but now they are a serious plot requirement.

Course, legendary pokemon made the game more interesting. It's all on your opinion.
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...8#post15775448 I'm back guys. Kind of. I won't be really active and sorry for any inconvenience I've caused!
        Spoiler:- B2W2:

Help the eggs!

Serebii War Fiction Story

Quote Originally Posted by legoking777 View Post
    My opinion of the fusing was just that the DNA Link abused the fact that Reshiram and Zekrom were once one pokemon and are unstable due to the split. The item capitalizes on that unstableness and fuses them with Kyurem, which seems to be damaged or injured.
    My take on it is that Kyurem is the empty vessel of the Original Dragon, and through the Gene Wedge/DNA Link Pin, it gains the ability to absorb Reshiram or Zekrom and encode their DNA onto its own, taking on their traits as a result. Of course, I'm of the opinion that the Original Dragon is still essentially Kyurem (as Kyurem is the dominant entity in the fusion), so it's basically like re-attaching a severed arm, since Reshiram's/Zekrom's DNA would technically be Kyurem's anyway.
    Last edited by Endolise; 12th September 2012 at 1:45 AM.
    My 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467

Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

its fun weird lol

Quote Originally Posted by Victreebong View Post
    I don't think it's the actual combination of two or more Pokémon together that people think is weird. I think it's the ability to reverse that combination that's weird to some people, since it's never been implemented in the games before.

Regardless, I view Pokémon as already being weird (heck, any fictional universe can be "weird"). Whether or not it gets more weird (with the inclusion of being able to fuse Kyurem and Reshiram together, for example) doesn't matter, since "more weird" is still "weird".

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Chidori__O View Post
    I really think pokemon is getting a bit stranger. I mean, before legendary pokemon were side quests but now they are a serious plot requirement..
    I think that was a huge flaw in the earlier games.There,legendary Pokemon just sat there, waiting to be caught.In the new games,they at least do something.

Oh and no,it's not gotten any more weird since Red and Green came out

Quote Originally Posted by randomspot555 View Post
    No, you're just wrong. If they "ran out of ideas", there wouldn't be new games to begin with.

If the games are so horrible, feel free to stop playing.
    He never said the games were horrible. Newgenner.

Number of Genwunners = 100
    Number of people accused of being a Genwunner = 100 000 000 000 000 000
    Number of people complaning about Genwunners = 100 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000

My cousin got me into Pokemon a year ago and he has been playing since he was 5 years old. Now he's 16 and I'm 13 and he doesn't want to play it anymore because he says it'd ruining his childhood memories since they're "fusing" Pokemon together or whatever is going on with Black Kyurem and White Kyurem. He says he wishes they would just cancel Pokemon so they don't ruin the legacy or whatever. I disagreed but he said that any veteran player like him would agree that they should, so i want to know if what he says is true...anybody?
    Buy Twitter followers

A useful article on how to correctly and effectively buy Twitter followers and increase your social presence.

^^^^ People grow out of stuff. He isn't the first person to do it and isn't the last. While some adults still eat from the children's menu at restaurants, most don't. Similarly, many people either stop playing video games, or change their taste in video games between their childhood and teenage years.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilda View Post
    He never said the games were horrible. Newgenner.
    I wasn't addressing that statement to him. It is a general statement to all the whiners in the thread.

I've been playing Pokemon since '99. And even so, what's wrong with the new gens? How is that some type of insult?
    I'm part of the staff at Project Pokemon! Smod in forums, AOP in IRC, Administrator on Shoddy. Come visit us. Our Project is Pokemon!

Apparently its now cool to call people names for liking some generation. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Galivero View Post
    he doesn't want to play it anymore because he says it'd ruining his childhood memories since they're "fusing" Pokemon together or whatever is going on with Black Kyurem and White Kyurem.
    THIS. I HATE this. Seriously, boo-hoo. Who cares about "childhood memories"? That'd be like me saying that we should just close every school simply because I don't like having to do my college homework on the computer instead of on paper like "the good old days." Even then, I'm still only one person. I'm sure there are tons of people who like the change, and tons of others who would realize what a stupid decision we'd be making if we acted in accordance with my whining.

Besides, there have been "fused" Pokemon since the beginning (Magneton, Slowbro, Dugtrio, Metang/Metagross). The only difference is that it's not actively displayed in the mechanics. And guess what? You don't even have to use the fusion mechanic.

In fact, if everyone who derides BW Kyurem for being "fusions" would pay attention they'd realize that it's actually an important part of a fairly intricate mythology.

So no, what he said is not true. It's nostalgia-soaked, unfounded criticism. Pokemon has only gotten better. Here's a protip: If ever somebody says something to you (especially in regards to Pokemon but this can apply to other topics as well) like "oh they should cancel this because they're ruining my childhood memories of it," stop listening RIGHT THERE. If they think it's degraded in quality and would rather miss out on the innovation, they don't have to play it. But you know, the other day I went to Gamestop to get a pair of Keldeo for me and my girlfriend, and while I was receiving it on my Black Version, I had her White Version on the counter next to my DS. A kid then walked up to me and said "Is that Pokemon White Version?" and I said "Yes." His response to that was "Man, that's like the best game in the world!" So even if whiny-hipster-of-nostalgia-tainted-despair thinks that their childhood memories have been dashed, there are plenty of actual children who enjoy the games the way they are now.
    Last edited by Endolise; 12th September 2012 at 5:22 PM.
    My 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467

Quote Originally Posted by Galivero View Post
    My cousin got me into Pokemon a year ago and he has been playing since he was 5 years old. Now he's 16 and I'm 13 and he doesn't want to play it anymore because he says it'd ruining his childhood memories since they're "fusing" Pokemon together or whatever is going on with Black Kyurem and White Kyurem. He says he wishes they would just cancel Pokemon so they don't ruin the legacy or whatever. I disagreed but he said that any veteran player like him would agree that they should, so i want to know if what he says is true...anybody?
    I've been playing Pokemon since the first generation, and still playing, and I still enjoy it...a lot. What they are doing now isn't ruining anything in general, ruining personal people's childhood sure, but the games are still highly liked.

But no, what he says is not true as there's tons of people(Who played it before him) who still enjoy the games till this day and would not agree with anything he said. He simply doesn't like it anymore. Happens with every single thing out there, not even just video games either.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

And...

1. Carrying a bike, as well as hundreds of other things, in your backpack
    2. Holding a 2,000-pound monster in a little ball inside your hand
    3. Being able to have only 6 full Pokéballs with you but infinite empty ones
    4. Uploading living things to a computer system
    5. A kid who has been training creatures with superpowers to battle for an amount of time larger than his current age

...is not weird exactly how?

Creator of StarCalc Ultimate Pokémon Calculator

If you are a proud Christian, add this to your signature

How does this thread keep coming back? I think we all get it by now; OP is wrong, and Pokemon has and always will be weird.
    My 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467

Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast