Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Pokemon Getting Weird?

Pokemon has always been weird, gen 1 examples: Meowth cos he speaks English rather than speaking like other Pokemon, ditto for being the great Pokemon **** who can breed with anything except legends and birds which growl ftw! Anyway I've been playing since RBY, the originals not the remakes, and if anything Pokemon is getting more interesting with more detailed designs and new type combos. I think he's just outgrown the franchise or has given in to those who go on about Pokemon not being cool anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Johto_girl View Post
    ditto for being the great Pokemon **** who can breed with anything except legends and birds which growl ftw!
    You couldn't breed in the first gen,as Pokemon didn't have genders until the second gen.

"One with a fiery passion that burns!" - tumblr
    - i've claimed zelos wilder and tales of the abyss

I agree with your cousin tbh. I think that black and white killed pokemon and they really need to stop now before the legacy is ruined. Sinnoh made things slightly complicated but still understandable and reasonable but Unova just took the meaning of complicated to a whole new level.
    Credit to Sworn Metalhead for the amazing banner.

Pokegyms Ice leader. Masters league Steel leader.

Credit to Astral Shadow for the userbar and Kida-Ookami for the badge.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Fighting View Post
    I agree with your cousin tbh. I think that black and white killed pokemon and they really need to stop now before the legacy is ruined. Sinnoh made things slightly complicated but still understandable and reasonable but Unova just took the meaning of complicated to a whole new level.
    How did sinnoh and unova make things complicated? The game mechanics has basically been the same since Hoenn.

Well Black and White didn't "kill" Pokemon as it's still going, and lots of people are still interested. And they don't need to stop, you can however stop.

I don't see how Generation 4 or 5 made things any more complicated then they were before, Generation 4 changed the battling system to make it less complicated and make more sense, Generation 5 didn't really do anything other then add upgrades to things and new features that aren't complicated.

You still do the same thing as always, catch, train, battle, deal with villains, become champion. It's pretty straight forward still. Perhaps things are complicated for you for whatever reason, but I haven't seen anyone have any real difficult understanding the basic of the games when they explain it to you at the start all the time.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

Quote Originally Posted by Adalricus View Post
    I just think there's so much Wifi-stuff going on.
    All of that is completely optional.

Pokemon is as simple or as complicated as you want to make it basically.

Sure, the plots have been expanded in recent installments but I consider that to be an exciting change.
    Pokemon Alpha Sapphire:

3DS Friend Code: 0946 2360 9613

Obviously you can't tell a difference between complicated and the same. The game play is practically the same as it was in the 3rd gen! I'm sorry that you can't enjoy the games like the rest of us. Besides have you even seen a Unova Pokemon? How can you call this http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...gBIB-3wW7MuOlj better than this http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/th...29Magikarp.png?

"One with a fiery passion that burns!" - tumblr
    - i've claimed zelos wilder and tales of the abyss

Well I don't think they should stop making the games, but maybe the anime since every episode is usually the same just with a different pokemon.

My response: show him this thread.
    [IMG]http://oi46.*******.com/jt7yg2.jpg[/IMG]

Your friend needs to take off the Nostalgia goggle ad step into the real world.
    [IMG]http://i54.*******.com/214a1yb.gif[/IMG]
    Pokemon X and Y
    ]

Quote Originally Posted by *IZ* View Post
    Well I don't think they should stop making the games, but maybe the anime since every episode is usually the same just with a different pokemon.
    New people come into the show all the time, so it's not like they'll know plots get reused, which happens in a lot of shows(At less with Pokemon it's a long running show where it gets to the point you have to reuse plots, where as other shows that aren't even 100 episodes end up reusing plots). Also, the episodes aren't all that same, there is usually a different approach to the plot making it different enough.

They shouldn't stop with making anything Pokemon related, it's all still going strong enough, and people can stop whenever they want if they don't like where it's at anymore.

In my white team I don't use kyurem because I have no room for it in my team and I don't like to rotate pokémon. So now where able to fuse zekrom/reshiram with kyurem, I still can use it.

There are heavily varying opinions; I'm 16 and I've known about it since I was 3; I think that it's gotten pretty out-of-hand and somewhat bothersome with the creation of Generation V's new Pokémon, but they should go on; they should just spend a few years without making stupid new ideas and instead opt to make spiritual successors and perhaps more remakes to and of the older games; perhaps they should make some in which the final Pokédex of the region has fewer than 649 or even 493 Pokémon.

I've been playing the games since Red and Blue, but I have no problem with the two kyurems being fusions.

It seems your cousin is one of thise people who don't want any new concepts. The fusion thing will probably only be the case with Kyurem anyways.

I am indeed the one with the power of a god.
    The divine flames that I've absorbed
    will burn you to a crisp with nuclear energy and leave nothing behind!

Pokemon is a game about capturing elemental animals in tiny balls.

It has always been weird.
    I like Metagross, and I used to claim it!
    Spheal with it.

Spoiler:- 3DS Friend Code:

I'm always amazed by how so many people think the second best-selling video game series of all time should be cancelled or whatever strictly due to their own personal petty complaints.

I'm a veteran player, been a fan of Pokemon ever since I saw the first episode of the anime when it originally aired, and yet I love all the new innovations and changes that has happened to the Pokemon series over the years. I can't imagine the franchise without them. Why shouldn't the series "evolve" over time and introduce brand new concepts and ideas with each new game? It keeps the series fresh. If your cousin doesn't like certain new concepts or ideas well then tell him tough luck, but I can't imagine why Nintendo, Game Freak, etc. should care. Pokemon isn't gonna stay in the 90s/2000s or whatever forever. It's gonna change with time, just like everything else on this Earth does.

Quote Originally Posted by PokeLegend View Post
    There are heavily varying opinions; I'm 16 and I've known about it since I was 3; I think that it's gotten pretty out-of-hand and somewhat bothersome with the creation of Generation V's new Pokémon, but they should go on; they should just spend a few years without making stupid new ideas and instead opt to make spiritual successors and perhaps more remakes to and of the older games; perhaps they should make some in which the final Pokédex of the region has fewer than 649 or even 493 Pokémon.
    How do you think it's gotten out of hand and bothersome? What ideas are stupid exactly? Why should the Pokedex have less amount of Pokemon, they shouldn't exclude Pokemon, as it is, we have a Regional Dex which aside for the first two generations, always have less Pokemon then there are, then we have the National Dex for all the other Pokemon, because this is Pokemon after all, you can't just remove Pokemon for no reason at all, personally, I think that would be pretty stupid, there is no reason for them to do it.

Nope. Pokemon has always been weird.
    (template from Jerkfighter)

Quote Originally Posted by Snivy Link View Post
    My cousin got me into Pokemon a year ago and he has been playing since he was 5 years old. Now he's 16 and I'm 13 and he doesn't want to play it anymore because he says it'd ruining his childhood memories since they're "fusing" Pokemon together or whatever is going on with Black Kyurem and White Kyurem. He says he wishes they would just cancel Pokemon so they don't ruin the legacy or whatever. I disagreed but he said that any veteran player like him would agree that they should, so i want to know if what he says is true...anybody?
    Say this to your cousin.

"Hey cousin thank for getting me into pokémon but I think you are a dumb moron who needs to take off his nostalgia goggle.

Pokémon has and always will be weird."

Quote Originally Posted by Snivy Link View Post
    he is now into yu-gi-oh and bakugan, just saying
    Yeah he's dumb moron.

Tell him that he's a hypocrite.

Quote Originally Posted by Volcanic Typhlosion View Post

Getting weird?
    It gets even weirder considering that Jynx use to be black.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverFlame View Post
    Pokemon is slowly getting less weird. It's turning into more of a conventional RPG as the story gets more detailed and the mechanics get more involved.
    No it's still just as weird as it was in gen 1.

Quote Originally Posted by DMerle View Post
    Obviously they have to take it in new directions, I'm one of those people where even if they totally ruined it with 6th gen It still wouldn't bother me because I can just keep playing the older games, I can understand why some people might not like it though.
    You mean you are one of those people who stupidly believed that they have ruined pokémon?

Take off the nostalgia goggle and you will see that they done no such thing.

Quote Originally Posted by iliekmudkipz View Post
    as Pokemon didn't have genders until the second gen.
    The Nidoran line says hi.

But I knew what you meant.

The animé exist to promote the game, it isn't going anywhere especially considering that it's popular.

"Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

Yeah, I've been playing since Red/Blue were first released and I'll still play Pokemon - granted it took me a while to get used to Gen 5, I still enjoy the games the same as I did when I was 6, 7, 8 now almost 20. They need to make things a little different sometimes! I heard no one complaining when Goten and Trunks fused together in DBZ! Lol!
    Trade Shop! 180+ IV bred pokemon!
    3DS FC: 3411-0939-9232
    IGN: Serana

6th gen shiny count: 39

Spoiler:- BQ & Shiny Updates:

Quote Originally Posted by Adalricus View Post
    I just think there's so much Wifi-stuff going on.
    Then don't do the "Wifi-stuff".

Problem solved.

Keep this in mind: These games are made so eight year olds can easily play and enjoy them.

In no way is it "complicated".

Okay, so? It has been that way since the very beginning.
    I'm part of the staff at Project Pokemon! Smod in forums, AOP in IRC, Administrator on Shoddy. Come visit us. Our Project is Pokemon!

A true pokemon fan like me will always love pokemon in every generation it took me a while to love the unova pokemon but they ae actually more detailed then gen 1
    Team X:

Pokemon isn't getting weird. Actually, it has always been kind of strange since day 1.

The fact that I still play it from time to time is weird.

Quote Originally Posted by jesusfreak94 View Post
    The way I see it, Pokemon started out as weird, remained weird through generation 5, and when they finally decide to close up shop, it will end weird.
    It will never happen, why would a company that brings in millions of dollars form a franchise close up shop when all they have to do is revamp an older gen game with newer graphics and come up with new pokemon/story line for a new gen.

Pokemon has no doubt gotten strange at certain points, but it is getting better.

I'm a major Gen I fan as well (been playing the games since '98). I've never liked Gen 3 or 4 at all (with the exception of the remakes, this is where I believe Pokemon went a bit "too" crazy.) It's getting slowly better with Gen 5, and these games remind me more of the originals. Decent starters, a brand new, fresh storyline. Everything about this generation is great! Although I must agree about the whole "forme" thing. Never really understood the reasoning behind it. But Kyurem looks good in my opinion. Hopefully Pokemon continues to get better in the future.
    Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Unova Champion

† I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast