Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 535

Thread: Is Pokemon Getting Weird?

  1. #76
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    33

    Default

    Hmm, I've been playing since red and thoroughly enjoyed every single game up to Platinum. While I like all thew new features of the 5th generation, I'm not a big fan of the sprites. They've gotten to be a bit "much."
    Emerald: Lvl 67Lvl 59Lvl 60Lvl 51Lvl 49Lvl 50
    FireRed: Lvl 65Lvl 59Lvl 56Lvl 59Lvl 60
    HeartGold: Lvl 55Lvl 50Lvl 51Lvl 53Lvl 50Lvl 50
    PlatinumLvl 25Lvl 24Lvl 26Lvl 27 (Game In Progress)

  2. #77
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    In a Corner, Crying
    Posts
    1,286

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Snivy Link View Post
    My cousin got me into Pokemon a year ago and he has been playing since he was 5 years old. Now he's 16 and I'm 13 and he doesn't want to play it anymore because he says it'd ruining his childhood memories since they're "fusing" Pokemon together or whatever is going on with Black Kyurem and White Kyurem. He says he wishes they would just cancel Pokemon so they don't ruin the legacy or whatever. I disagreed but he said that any veteran player like him would agree that they should, so i want to know if what he says is true...anybody?
    Tell your cousin that he's an idiot.

    Quote Originally Posted by Adalricus View Post
    I just think there's so much Wifi-stuff going on.
    So your complaining about too many online features? Wow. I've heard about complaining about too little, but too much? Really? Its not like your even required to do it.

    Quote Originally Posted by jireh the provider View Post
    h. If you flip the map of unova 270% east, it surprisingly patterns in someway the world map of majora's mask. Plus a rupee.
    This makes me not take your psot seriously. Thats pretty obscure, no?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Fighting View Post
    I agree with your cousin tbh. I think that black and white killed pokemon and they really need to stop now before the legacy is ruined. Sinnoh made things slightly complicated but still understandable and reasonable but Unova just took the meaning of complicated to a whole new level.
    The gameplay has been the same the whole series. How is it "too complicated?"

    Quote Originally Posted by Weedy Spyze View Post
    I'm always amazed by how so many people think the second best-selling video game series of all time should be cancelled or whatever strictly due to their own personal petty complaints.
    This. I mean, why do people think Gamefreak will end a series that makes millions of dollars just becaue a few people on the internet think its "complicated" or "Weird"?

    Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Michael View Post
    (with the exception of the remakes, this is where I believe Pokemon went a bit "too" crazy.)
    How are remakes "Crazy"?

    Quote Originally Posted by Austin M. View Post
    Hmm, I've been playing since red and thoroughly enjoyed every single game up to Platinum. While I like all thew new features of the 5th generation, I'm not a big fan of the sprites. They've gotten to be a bit "much."
    What does this even mean?
    No sig. Deal with it.

  3. #78
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    9,484

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Austin M. View Post
    They've gotten to be a bit "much."
    Much of what?
    I'm part of the staff at Project Pokemon! Smod in forums, AOP in IRC, Administrator on Shoddy. Come visit us. Our Project is Pokemon!

  4. #79
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    199

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crystalzapdos View Post
    How are remakes "Crazy"?
    I didn't say remakes were crazy, I said "with the exception of the remakes." The remakes were excellent! The other games (RSE, DPP) is where I thought they went crazy.
    Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Unova Champion

    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

  5. #80
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Alto Mare, Johto
    Posts
    193

    Default

    The context of the first post seems to be asking "are Pokemon designs getting weird". IMO, I would have to answer with yes, definitely. I dunno, I guess they're just stretching it because there certainly seem to be a lot of newer Pokemon based on man-made objects and cultural references these days. I prefer the animal/plant/rock based ones and it would be better if they just focused on those more in the future. I think eventually they'll need to balance it out and not release quite so many Pokemon at a time. And yeah fusion legendaries.....meh, I'd prefer something less of a design rehash.
    I am the current leader of Save Our Voice Actors, a Pokemon fan group supporting the voice actors in the anime dubbed by 4Kids (seasons 1-8). Our goal is to provide The Pokemon Company international with encouraging feedback in support of returning the main cast members. If you're interested, please visit us at facebook.com/saveourvoiceactors

  6. #81
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    9,484

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Michael View Post
    I didn't say remakes were crazy, I said "with the exception of the remakes." The remakes were excellent! The other games (RSE, DPP) is where I thought they went crazy.
    And what exactly is "crazy" about them?
    I'm part of the staff at Project Pokemon! Smod in forums, AOP in IRC, Administrator on Shoddy. Come visit us. Our Project is Pokemon!

  7. #82
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    199

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by randomspot555 View Post
    And what exactly is "crazy" about them?
    Everything. Pokemon designs, the clothes that the characters wore, storyline. It really drifted away from the Gen 1 & 2 style of doing things.
    Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Unova Champion

    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

  8. #83
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    9,484

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluelatios* View Post
    I guess they're just stretching it because there certainly seem to be a lot of newer Pokemon based on man-made objects
    Which isn't new.

    [quote[and cultural references these days.[/quote]

    Pokemon based on cultural references? Pokemon have been based on cultural myths since Gen I.

    I prefer the animal/plant/rock based ones
    You are not entitled to like every single Pokemon of every single generation (I certainly don't). And in no way has Pokemon ever intended or always been or even mostly been "animal/plant/rock" based. With those qualifiers, that'd erase stuff like Mew, Mewtwo, the Dragonite line, Zapdos, Moltres, and dozens of others even from the early gens.

    and it would be better if they just focused on those more in the future.
    I guess you've like, not noticed the dozens of plant and bug based Pokemon introduced in Gen 5?

    Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Michael View Post
    Everything. Pokemon designs,
    I love the new gen bashers rarely get specific, and just toss generic talking points.

    the clothes that the characters wore,
    Seriously?

    storyline.
    If you're playing Pokemon for the story, you'd probably be better off playing something else.

    I mean, Gen II practically had no story at all. But a bunch of people loved that.

    So I guess...it is bad that they're trying to make actual stories?

    It really drifted away from the Gen 1 & 2 style of doing things.
    Yesh, like I remember that one time in Plat where they removed all the gyms and forced us to do contests...

    Oh wait, that didn't happen. The game is still very much of 8 gyms+evil team+E4 format.
    Last edited by randomspot555; 15th July 2012 at 11:28 PM.
    I'm part of the staff at Project Pokemon! Smod in forums, AOP in IRC, Administrator on Shoddy. Come visit us. Our Project is Pokemon!

  9. #84
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    In a Corner, Crying
    Posts
    1,286

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluelatios* View Post
    The context of the first post seems to be asking "are Pokemon designs getting weird". IMO, I would have to answer with yes, definitely. I dunno, I guess they're just stretching it because there certainly seem to be a lot of newer Pokemon based on man-made objects and cultural references these days. I prefer the animal/plant/rock based ones and it would be better if they just focused on those more in the future. I think eventually they'll need to balance it out and not release quite so many Pokemon at a time. And yeah fusion legendaries.....meh, I'd prefer something less of a design rehash.
    Gen 5 has six lines of Pokemon that are man-made objects. Yanmask-line, Trubbish-line, Vanillite-line, Klink-line, Litwick-line, Golett-line.

    Tell me, how in the world is six too many?
    No sig. Deal with it.

  10. #85
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    199

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by randomspot555 View Post

    I love the new gen bashers rarely get specific, and just toss generic talking points.
    The Pokemon designs in Gens III and IV weren't creative at all. It seemed like Game Freak was just trying to churn out as many new Pokemon as they could. Those Gen I and II designs were so classic.



    Quote Originally Posted by randomspot555 View Post
    Seriously?
    Yes, the outfits got really ridiculous, in particular the outfits for Emerald, Diamond & Pearl, and Platinum. Brendan's outfit was just.....strange. Who wears shorts over pants? Lucas' outfit in DP was pretty lame too, but at least in Platinum, it looked better (although the scarf did look kinda weird). Luckily, BW brought back more traditional outfits more reminiscent of Gens I and II. Baseball caps, jackets, etc.



    Quote Originally Posted by randomspot555 View Post
    If you're playing Pokemon for the story, you'd probably be better off playing something else.

    I mean, Gen II practically had no story at all. But a bunch of people loved that.

    So I guess...it is bad that they're trying to make actual stories?
    Gens I and II both had excellent stories to them. Gen III and IV started to go a bit overboard with things. But Gen V is really bringing the storyline based Pokemon game back.


    Quote Originally Posted by randomspot555 View Post
    Yesh, like I remember that one time in Plat where they removed all the gyms and forced us to do contests...

    Oh wait, that didn't happen. The game is still very much of 8 gyms+evil team+E4 format.
    You have a point about that, but the contests were completely unnecessary, and really changed the vibe of the games (in a bad way).
    Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Unova Champion

    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

  11. #86

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Michael View Post
    The Pokemon designs in Gens III and IV weren't creative at all. It seemed like Game Freak was just trying to churn out as many new Pokemon as they could. Those Gen I and II designs were so classic.
    Completely subjective, not a bit factual. That's entirely your opinion.

    Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Michael View Post
    Yes, the outfits got really ridiculous, in particular the outfits for Emerald, Diamond & Pearl, and Platinum. Brendan's outfit was just.....strange. Who wears shorts over pants? Lucas' outfit in DP was pretty lame too, but at least in Platinum, it looked better (although the scarf did look kinda weird). Luckily, BW brought back more traditional outfits more reminiscent of Gens I and II. Baseball caps, jackets, etc.
    Grasping at straws. The outfits appear in the official art that gets plastered on the occasional publicity material and that's about it. The characters are just sets of colored pixels the rest of the time.

    Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Michael View Post
    but the contests were completely unnecessary
    Also completely optional...

    Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Michael View Post
    and really changed the vibe of the games (in a bad way).
    Sigh. Okay. How did they "really change[d] the vibe of the games (in a bad way)"?


    -----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

  12. #87
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    9,484

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Michael View Post
    The Pokemon designs in Gens III and IV weren't creative at all.
    Gen I has a cat based Pokemon named MEOWth and a dog based Pokemon named GROWLithe and its evolution. Arcanine and a magnet based Pokemon called MAGNEmite.

    Why does every Pokemon have to be super uberly bleeding edge creative, except for Gen I and II?

    Yes, the outfits got really ridiculous, in particular the outfits for Emerald, Diamond & Pearl, and Platinum. Brendan's outfit was just.....strange. Who wears shorts over pants? Lucas' outfit in DP was pretty lame too, but at least in Platinum, it looked better (although the scarf did look kinda weird). Luckily, BW brought back more traditional outfits more reminiscent of Gens I and II. Baseball caps, jackets, etc.
    The reason I say seriously is because you see the outfit in the opening credits and that's about it. The rest of the time, you get an aerial view that isn't really all that notable.

    So yeah, seriously?

    Gens I and II both had excellent stories to them.
    Gen II's "story" starts by you being Elm's errand boy (or girl). In no way is that "excellent" and you only obtain a Pokedex by bumping into Professor Oak at random. In no way is that a start to an "Excellent story"

    Gen III and IV started to go a bit overboard with things.
    Like how?

    You have a point about that, but the contests were completely unnecessary, and really changed the vibe of the games (in a bad way).
    At no point in time are you actually forced to do a contest. So no, it didn't affect the "vibe" at all.
    I'm part of the staff at Project Pokemon! Smod in forums, AOP in IRC, Administrator on Shoddy. Come visit us. Our Project is Pokemon!

  13. #88
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    199

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by randomspot555 View Post
    Gen I has a cat based Pokemon named MEOWth and a dog based Pokemon named GROWLithe and its evolution. Arcanine and a magnet based Pokemon called MAGNEmite.

    Why does every Pokemon have to be super uberly bleeding edge creative, except for Gen I and II?
    The Pokemon didn't look well-thought out. Some of them looked downright ridiculous, while others looked like something a preschooler could come up with. No creativity.


    Quote Originally Posted by randomspot555 View Post
    The reason I say seriously is because you see the outfit in the opening credits and that's about it. The rest of the time, you get an aerial view that isn't really all that notable.

    So yeah, seriously?
    Still didn't like the character designs.


    Quote Originally Posted by randomspot555 View Post
    Gen II's "story" starts by you being Elm's errand boy (or girl). In no way is that "excellent" and you only obtain a Pokedex by bumping into Professor Oak at random. In no way is that a start to an "Excellent story"
    Gen II had an excellent storyline. Your rival was a troubled child (the son of Giovanni) who felt like he needed to prove something, and stole a Pokemon from Elm's lab. Throughout the storyline, he sees the bond between you and your Pokemon, and he begins to understand the importance of treating Pokemon with kindness and respect. This game has great moral lessons throughout it, and is a plot-driven storyline (including the whole Team Rocket/Radio Tower dynamic).


    Quote Originally Posted by randomspot555 View Post
    Like how?
    Storyline just wasn't as fun as the previous games. The whole berry growing thing. And the fact that day/night was removed.



    Quote Originally Posted by randomspot555 View Post
    At no point in time are you actually forced to do a contest. So no, it didn't affect the "vibe" at all.
    It still was lame.

    Remember, as a Gen I enthusiast, these are my opinions. Never did I say that they were fact.
    Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Unova Champion

    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

  14. #89

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Michael View Post
    The Pokemon didn't look well-thought out. Some of them looked downright ridiculous, while others looked like something a preschooler could come up with. No creativity.
    Every bit of this is 100% subjective. And if that's what you think, fine, but you cannot possibly provide a single bit of factual basis to any of this.

    Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Michael View Post
    Gen II had an excellent storyline. Your rival was a troubled child (the son of Giovanni)
    A plot point that didn't appear anywhere in the original Generation II titles.

    Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Michael View Post
    Storyline just wasn't as fun as the previous games.
    Suuuuubjective!

    Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Michael View Post
    The whole berry growing thing.
    Wait, what? Really? Why was this an issue?

    Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Michael View Post
    It still was lame.
    Which isn't an argument.


    -----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

  15. #90
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    I'm on a boat mother... what?
    Posts
    5,229

    Default

    I will admit I prefered the first generation but I still love Pokemon. Many of the features now are new and great and really make you have a fun time playing or even watching the anime

  16. #91
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Kalos
    Posts
    593

    Default

    Nope. They are adding massive innovations to the series. It is deeper than ever before.


    Kalos Team: Delphox, Florges, Aegislash, Heliolisk, Hawlucha, Avalugg
    Latest Shiny: Helioptile




    Fire Safari: Ponyta, Pyroar, Braixen - 1478-3803-9332
    I have claimed #671, Florges

    *credit to Equal-To-Heaven for the clock

  17. #92
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Where the wind blows
    Posts
    4,694

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Michael View Post
    The Pokemon didn't look well-thought out. Some of them looked downright ridiculous, while others looked like something a preschooler could come up with. No creativity.
    No creativity?!

    Samurott is a pokémon who uses it shell as a flipping sword.

    That's pretty creative if you think about it.

    Also need I mention Voltorb it's a flipping ball who evolves into a bigger ball.

    So much creativity clearly gone into that(!)

    Just take off your nostalgia glasses and you will see gen 1 and 2 share the same flaws you trying to pin on Gen 3,4 and 5.


    Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Michael View Post
    Still didn't like the character designs.
    Who cares?

    I didn't like the Black and White 2 male trainer but I got use to it and now I don't mind it.

    Just suck it up.


    Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Michael View Post
    Gen II had an excellent storyline. Your rival was a troubled child (the son of Giovanni) who felt like he needed to prove something, and stole a Pokemon from Elm's lab. Throughout the storyline, he sees the bond between you and your Pokemon, and he begins to understand the importance of treating Pokemon with kindness and respect. This game has great moral lessons throughout it, and is a plot-driven storyline (including the whole Team Rocket/Radio Tower dynamic).
    Gen 2 story was weak.

    Our whole reason of going on a pokémon adventure was because we had to an errands for Professor Elm who then says.

    "Oh you have a pokédex then maybe you should challenged the gym"

    Also Silver wasn't revealed to be Giovanni's son until the remake.

    Moral lesson? ha! Don't make me laugh.


    Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Michael View Post
    Storyline just wasn't as fun as the previous games.
    The Storyline was fine, take off your nostalgia glasses.

    Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Michael View Post
    The whole berry growing thing.
    You plant berry, water them and they grow over time.

    What is so hard about that?

    Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Michael View Post
    And the fact that day/night was removed.
    Day and Night return in Gen 4 and to be honest I was glad that it was removed in Gen 3.

    Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Michael View Post
    It still was lame.
    You're lame.

    As BCVM22 said that isn't an argument

    Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Michael View Post
    Remember, as a Stupid Gen I enthusiast, these are my idiotic opinions. Which is heavily flawed
    This is what you sound like when I read that.

    You are so blinded by nostalgia that your argument is falling apart, you really should open your eyes and you will soon see just how wrong you are.


    "Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

    Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

    You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

    twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

  18. #93
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    588

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Michael View Post
    The Pokemon didn't look well-thought out. Some of them looked downright ridiculous, while others looked like something a preschooler could come up with. No creativity.
    Uh... wait, are you saying that about Gen III-V Pokemon? Because that sounds way more like it applies to Gen I pokemon to me. E.g., Gastly line, Grimer line, Chansey, Sunkern line, Staryu line, Ditto, and the Voltorb line to name a few. All of these had very simple shapes, simple colour schemes, and fairly obvious bases with the possible exception of Chansey. (When I first saw it, I didn't think "Oh egg!". I thought "what's with the fat monotreme?" Don't get me wrong, I love Chansey, I just didn't clue in to the whole "it's an egg" thing.)

    And if you were to ask your average preschooler (say, ages 3-4?) to draw something, the resultant pictures are much more likely to look like Ditto than they are going to look like, say, Klingklang. Or possibly you'll get some Doduo images in there if they draw their families. In essence, they will be drawing the basic elements of Gen I and (to some extent) Gen II pokemon: simple shapes, only the most necessary lines to show important limbs, and a bit of colour. Then they get bored and move onto something else. Nothing wrong with this kind of a design, that's just how it is for the older pokemon (for the most part. There are probably exceptions that I'm not thinking of right now)

    I can definitely appreciate your sentiments about the newer pokemon. They are very different from the old ones. But I don't think your point about them being poorly thought out, or simplistic to the point of looking like they were drawn by a preschooler is particularly valid. A quick look at, for instance, Emboar, Kyurem, or Escavalier dispells that point. We are now getting more and more complex pokemon with more depth in terms of colour, shape, and design bases. Gen I and II simply did not (partly because the system could not handle such things) have Pokemon like that.

    So again, If you don't like the newer stuff, then whatever. We're all people, we all have our likes and dislikes. Heaven knows I've got plenty of pokemon that I despise based solely on their design. I merely think you're doing the newer pokemon a bit of injustice by that comment. That's all! n_n
    Last edited by zozo; 16th July 2012 at 1:47 AM.

    My Youtube battle videos
    My 3DS FC: 3609-1041-6416.

    I have claimed Goodra. Happy slime dragons ftw!

  19. #94
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    9,484

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Michael View Post
    The Pokemon didn't look well-thought out.[ Some of them looked downright ridiculous, while others looked like something a preschooler could come up with. No creativity.
    All vague generalities that have become tired talking points.

    Again, why does Gen 4 Pokemon have to be super uber creative, but Gen I can get away with drawing a rock and adding arms?

    Sounds like a double standard to me.

    Still didn't like the character designs.
    SO FLIPPING WHAT????? It is a frickin avatar in an RPG that you see from an aerial view. Geez,complaining about clothes?? It is such a minor aspect of the game that most people don't even notice them. It is like you are intentionally just trying to find things you don't like so you can brag about how much you hate new gens.

    Gen II had an excellent storyline.
    ...which doesn't change the fact that you start the game not because you're helping a Professor achieve a livelong team, but because you're running a routine errand.

    Your rival was a troubled child (the son of Giovanni)
    I'm part of the staff at Project Pokemon! Smod in forums, AOP in IRC, Administrator on Shoddy. Come visit us. Our Project is Pokemon!

  20. #95
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Almia
    Posts
    411

    Default

    Isn't ALL anime weird? :P

  21. #96
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    170

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Michael View Post
    The Pokemon didn't look well-thought out. Some of them looked downright ridiculous, while others looked like something a preschooler could come up with. No creativity.
    Voltorb line, and Ditto say hi.


    Still didn't like the character designs.
    Opinion.

    Gen II had an excellent storyline. Your rival was a troubled child (the son of Giovanni) who felt like he needed to prove something, and stole a Pokemon from Elm's lab. Throughout the storyline, he sees the bond between you and your Pokemon, and he begins to understand the importance of treating Pokemon with kindness and respect. This game has great moral lessons throughout it, and is a plot-driven storyline (including the whole Team Rocket/Radio Tower dynamic).
    At what point in the game does it say that?

    Storyline just wasn't as fun as the previous games. The whole berry growing thing. And the fact that day/night was removed.
    Gen 3 had the story line of two evil teams battling for the fate of the world.
    Gen 4 had the story line of an evil team trying to rid this world and start anew
    Gen 5 had the story line of an evil team wanting to rid the world of Pokemon Training. Also, what you said about the rival also happens to N.
    Berry growing was removed in Gen 5 yet, IT'S OPTIONAL!
    Day/Night comes back.

    It still was lame.
    Opinion

    Remember, as a Gen I enthusiast, these are my opinions. Never did I say that they were fact.
    Then accept other people's opinion's as well instead of bashing them.
    I'm back I guess.

  22. #97
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Where the wind blows
    Posts
    4,694

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zozo View Post
    I can definitely appreciate your sentiments about the newer pokemon. They are very different from the old ones. But I don't think your point about them being poorly thought out, or simplistic to the point of looking like they were drawn by a preschooler is particularly valid. A quick look at, for instance, Emboar, Kyurem, or Escavalier dispells that point. We are now getting more and more complex pokemon with more depth in terms of colour, shape, and design bases. Gen I and II simply did not (partly because the system could not handle such things) have Pokemon like that.
    To be honest the only argument that one could say about the gen 1 Pokémon pokémon is that they look realistic until Yellow began gave them their animé look and then from Gold and Sliver onwards the pokémon always had a cartoon looks, which really allowed Game Freak to show their creativity and imagination.

    Quote Originally Posted by SasoriSand View Post
    At what point in the game does it say that?
    It was hinted in FireRed and LeafGreen and then confirmed in the Johto remake during the Celebi event mission.

    Bottom line Trainer Michael point about what makes gen 2 story better is pointless since that wasn't in the original version and was only added in the remake.

    Which suggest that even Game Freak thinks that Gen 2 was lacking in the story department.
    Last edited by blaze boy; 16th July 2012 at 2:09 AM.


    "Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

    Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

    You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

    twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

  23. #98
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Mushroom Forest
    Posts
    296

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Snivy Link View Post
    Now he's 16 and I'm 13 and he doesn't want to play it anymore because he says it'd ruining his childhood memories since they're "fusing" Pokemon together.
    I actually do think that is a little odd. They completely ruined Reshiram for me by it's fusing with kyurem. Granted Reshiram's design was a bit strange from the start, but my opinion is not changing. I think Game Freak is running out of ideas and are grasping rediculous rocks in hope that one of them is a golden nugget, but where they are digging is gold-free. Yellow is far better then B/W even though it is old and the graphics aren't as good. Game Freak are running out of ideas, Pokemon might as well be cancelled.
    フェージングのエコー

  24. #99
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    In a Corner, Crying
    Posts
    1,286

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Michael View Post
    The Pokemon didn't look well-thought out. Some of them looked downright ridiculous, while others looked like something a preschooler could come up with. No creativity.
    Pretty vague statement. You never even state which ones look "Like they were drawn by preschoolers."

    Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Michael View Post
    Still didn't like the character designs.
    This is one thing. I don't see how a tiny sprites design makes you not like the game at all.

    Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Michael View Post
    Gen II had an excellent storyline. Your rival was a troubled child (the son of Giovanni) who felt like he needed to prove something, and stole a Pokemon from Elm's lab. Throughout the storyline, he sees the bond between you and your Pokemon, and he begins to understand the importance of treating Pokemon with kindness and respect. This game has great moral lessons throughout it, and is a plot-driven storyline (including the whole Team Rocket/Radio Tower dynamic).
    The professor gives you a starter to run an errand for him. On the way Prof. Oak gives You a pokedex. Prof. Elm then says you should challenge gyms and on your gym journey, you run into some guys who take over the radio. Your rival is a random guy who stole a starter and learns some moral.

    Does this really sound interesting to you? If so, your one boring person. Also, do you really think anyone cares about someone learning a moral in a video game?

    Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Michael View Post
    The whole berry growing thing. And the fact that day/night was removed.
    Berrys were a minor feature and were 100% optional. Day and night returned in later games.

    Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Michael View Post
    It still was lame.
    Lame and OPTIONAL.
    No sig. Deal with it.

  25. #100
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    185

    Default

    I think people just look for something to complain about o_0, its fine IMO...


        Spoiler:- Friend Code(s)/Trade Shop/Credit:

Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •