Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Community POTW #81

Quote Originally Posted by Duranteater View Post
    Don't know with its sp defense and the amount of Psychics in Uber like Deoxys, Mewtwo, and others, I don't usually do Uber battles much.
    That is always a problem. =[
    @ jesusfreak94 nice looking set, but you might want shadow claw to ruin ghost types, who wall the pirouette forme.

partners:
    politoed for thunder abuse, rotom-w for a volt-turn combo (if u-turn is used)

Shadow Claw doesn't actually help with the purpose of the set. Shrang's set isn't built to sweep in P. forme, it's just built to cycle between formes to change counters and hit the opponent's Pokemon as hard as possible once you're in the optimal forme (although it's perfectly capable of a sweep here and there). Besides, Thunder is doing about good as Shadow Claw in killing Gengar, and it hits Jellicent harder as it is.

So Meloetta is capable of flip flopping back and forth between formes to confuse your opponent, never thought Meloetta would be this unpredictable. It looks really hard thinking of a counter on Shrangs set. Send in a Skarmory when Thunder hits you. Same goes for Jellicent. Magnezone hates Close Combat if she is in Pirouette Forme. Nice set Jesusfreak94^^

Aria
    Modest w/ 168 Speed, 168 Sp Attack, 168 HP, 6 Sp Defense
    Item: Wise Specs/Life Orb
    Psychic
    Hyper Voice
    Shadow Ball/HP [Fire/Dark/Ghost/Flying/Rock]
    Focus Blast

Countering:
    High Attack and Sp Defense with physical Bug/Dark-type moves like Escavalier, Tyranitar, Spiritomb, Weavile, Hydregion, and Scrafty.

Pirouette
    Adamant/Hasty w/ 168 Speed, 168 Attack, 168 HP, 6 Sp Attack
    Item:Muscle Band/Life Orb
    Relic Song
    Close Combat/Brick Break/Drain Punch
    Acrobatics/Fire Punch/Stone Edge/Shadow Claw
    Thunderpunch/Zen Headbutt/U-Turn

Countering:
    High Sp Attack and Defense with special Fighting/Flying/Psychic-type moves like Blaziken, Infernape, Charizard, Dragonite, Salamence, Togekiss, Yanmega, Fan Rotom, Sigilyph, Starmie, Chandelure, and Metagross.
    Last edited by sbktdreed; 22nd July 2012 at 7:06 AM.
    Got Pokémon X. Intend to get either Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire.
    No info about my Friend Safari.
    Vivillon Pattern: Polar
    Looking for nicknamed, shiny, and/or have a hidden ability in GTS and may battle at anytime.
    If interested, send a private message with your ID #.

Alrighty, my final puns for this POTW:

How the Mel can I counter her?
    Get a Melo-ad off of this
    Sing, Shrang, Sung(Jesusfreak94's set mentioned)
    I am getting mu-sick of this, I may Melo-die from Treble-ing fear beat-cause of this great Harm-ony from the Staff
    I'm feeling a bit Ferm-ata to say the least
    A Trill ride of excitement
    Tri-ad to quit on puns......Makes more
    A Minor coincidence
    Da Vinci Coda
    Wait a Min-uet!
    Just pulling your Leg-ato

Some words like Coda and Trill are bit of advanced music words. Fun Fact: Melo-die comes from Klangfarbenmelodie, a weird term associated with music notes. And Staff isn't the kind like a rod, its the lines where music notation is written.
    Last edited by Dragalge; 21st July 2012 at 10:39 PM.

I was thinking that if BH were to use shrang's set, it might be good to have a pun that makes a reference to shuffling between formes that makes the set so effective, something like "Re-Mixie Pixie" or "Everybody do the Shuffle!"

Quote Originally Posted by jesusfreak94 View Post
    I was thinking that if BH were to use shrang's set, it might be good to have a pun that makes a reference to shuffling between formes that makes the set so effective, something like "Re-Mixie Pixie" or "Everybody do the Shuffle!"
    Or Everyday I'm Shuff-ful-fuling though Shuckle kinda took it but it doesn't hurt to use it again ^^
    Last edited by Dragalge; 21st July 2012 at 10:46 PM.

A bit late for me to try and add a moveset idea to this POTW, so instead, I'd like to throw a pun idea out for Meloetta. (Duranteater, since you appear to have the pun market mostly covered, I'd like your opinion on this.)

"In their tongue she is Dovahkiin, Dragonborn."

(Origin of pun idea: Relic Song and Hyper Voice are attacks that rely on the user's voice to damage & Meloetta can learn both of these. Part of the reason Skyrim's a meme factory is the character's access to a form of magic that relies on their voice, with a raw blast of damaging magic, aka "Fus Ro Dah", being the most famous. The Pokemon Attacks and Skyrim spells are similar enough that I'm surprised it took me this long to think of this idea. And given that Relic Song is guaranteed on the form-changing sets and Hyper Voice is likely on the non-form changing sets...)
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

-Take up thy cross and follow Christ Jesus.
    ~Don't underestimate my God~
    ♥I believe in Jesus Christ as my Savior. If you do too and aren't scared to admit it, then copy and paste this in your signature.♥

I don't calculate stat values, I don't use cheating devices, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature. (Started by Tyranitar, "I don't use "uber" Pokemon," edited out by me because I do use "uber" Pokemon on occasion.)

Your puns were so bad this week bh just googled ****.

Quote Originally Posted by Takeo View Post
    Your puns were so bad this week bh just googled ****.
    Thats what I did too with some puns still their not that bad, lot better than some I saw.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345