Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you ever forfeit/disconnect/run from a WiFi battle?

Quote Originally Posted by danburite3 View Post
    I have. In a wi-fi tourney earlier this year, I just got fed up of going up against entire teams of perfect RNG'ed Pokemon over and over and over again, that I got a little petty and decided that since my traditionally-bred Pokemon just couldn't cut it, I'd make the RNG'ers suffer.

Since then I've decided that I'm still gonna try and breed strong Pokemon the old-fashioned way, but I've given up on competitive battling alltogether. It's just not worth it anymore.
    ...And why don't you just RNG back? It's a perfectly legit method, and if the opportunity for that is available what do you expect others to do?

No! Well, not unless I'm battling a team of 6 flawless shiny Haxori. Disconnecting is dishonorable, and deprives the winner of a well-earned win.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Blockhead View Post
    Because, like everyone else and with common sense, I try to at least be decent. But it's unfair to be beaten by pokemon who have pre-defined moves and stats. Built like nothing but pure slaves.

That's my opinion, and I will leave it at that.

Maybe when I'm decent enough, I'll consider taking losses. Right now, there is a 99.9% chance that I will lose on a regular WiFi match.

Spoiler:- Off-Topic:
    Why do you battle if u cant lose?

I've never disconnected from a wi0fi battle- trades on gts negotiations, plleennty of times.

People who does this makes me angry. Take the loss like a man.
    Pokemon Black FC: 5458 0929 9006

I never disconnect... ever. Usually my non perfect ived pokes with good evs can take it but when I loose, I take it like a man. I hate people who disconnect... would have had a lot more wins.
    Friend Codes:
    Black 2: 3397-1561-0608
    White 2: 5115-1978-4787
    White: 1463-8794-8164

Shinies
    Regular: , , , , , x2, , , ,
    Events: , , , ,

I used to, but I think nowadays I'd be able to take a loss like a man.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

I try to at least be decent.
    You can't be trying very much if you "always" disconnect.

Spoiler:- Off-Topic:
    The topic asks a question. There's nothing wrong with answering "no" to it. The topic doesn't say "Post here only if you can't take a loss in a Pokémon game!"

Quote Originally Posted by danburite3 View Post
    I have. In a wi-fi tourney earlier this year, I just got fed up of going up against entire teams of perfect RNG'ed Pokemon over and over and over again, that I got a little petty and decided that since my traditionally-bred Pokemon just couldn't cut it, I'd make the RNG'ers suffer.

Since then I've decided that I'm still gonna try and breed strong Pokemon the old-fashioned way, but I've given up on competitive battling alltogether. It's just not worth it anymore.
    I can understand your frustration, but the difference shouldn't actually be enough to seriously alter the outcome of the battle. The only stat that could decide a battle by a point or two of difference would be Speed, so if you're breeding competitively, your priority should be Speed (and HP) IVs anyway. But as far as other stats go, a good breeder should be able to hit 27+ easy on the necessary stats, and a difference of less than five points isn't a game-breaking difference. =s

In any case, I wouldn't disconnect from a Wi-Fi battle unless I could identify hacked Pokemon (and I mean "hacked" like Spiritomb with Wonderguard and 999 in all base stats) beyond the shadow of a doubt or if the opponent broke a very important (to me) rule like Sleep Clause.

Quote Originally Posted by The Eleventh View Post
    You can't be trying very much if you "always" disconnect.
    Then I'll be willing to even take the time to post a replay of a casual battle on Pokemon Online, and show you how much I try. How about it?

Then I'll be willing to even take the time to post a replay of a casual battle on Pokemon Online, and show you how much I try. How about it?
    I'd like to watch.

I have to be honest, I did once, but it was because I was sure the guy had hacked the Pokemon. It wasn't because I was losing (only). He had the three Kanto starters, all shiny. In the battle, his Blastoise survived an Outrage from my Haxorus, and even though my Haxorus has full EV in Spd, plus a Speed Scarf, he still out sped me with his Blastoise and KO'd me in one hit with Water Spout. It wasn't very effective, and he was less than half health.

Spoiler:- Credits:

I have claimed Chance by UVERworld!

I never, ever, ever, disconnect from a battle. I have however, disided to forfeit and run on multiple occasions. If people want to forfeit the battle, then they should do it the right way, by clicking the forfeit/run button on the bottom of the screen.

I'm a part-time Pokemon Breeder! But please visit, I really do appreciate the help.

I am very wary of posting here.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Trainer X View Post
    I'd like to watch.
    Alrighty then.

On wi-fi, when I know I'm licked, I press the Forfeit button and give them the win they deserve.

Credit to FrozenConstellation

words
    Wait, are you seriously trying to imply that it's the better player's fault that you can't win battles, and not the fact that your pokemon aren't good competitively(Judging from your team and some other teams that I remember that you posted in CRMT)?

Those people beat you fair and square, like it or not. Let them have their win.
    Last edited by Josef Stylin; 17th July 2012 at 10:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WillieNelson View Post
    On wi-fi, when I know I'm licked, I press the Forfeit button and give them the win they deserve.
    That's the proper way to give up, I agree. I do that when they deserve the win. But trust me, I do know when people are trying to beat me with hacked ones. I mean, come one, a Chandelure w/ Hydro Pump? I just said no right then and there.

Spoiler:- Credits:

I have claimed Chance by UVERworld!

Nope. I'm not like most morons out there.

Nope. Whenever my defeat is inevitable, I forfeit the match rather than shutting down my DS. Those people have earned their wins fair and square.

Topic title.

I always disconnect, because, well, who doesn't want to lose? Besides, I suck in the competitive area, 7/10 times I lose. When I'm on Pokemon Online, I open the task manager and end the Pokemon-Online.exe process.

Do you do this too?
    If you suck at competitive battling then change your strategy. Your making other people suffer for your suckyness. You should be ashamed.

I have disconnected accidentally due to battling in the rain (both real-life weather and in-game).
    But I always forfeit if I feel like I can't win.

If you go on Wi-fi, you're instantly saying that you're willing to accept the fact that some people will be sore losers and disconnect their game upon seeing their ideal strategy not work or something. Expect at least some people to make you "suffer for their suckyness". :/

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

I do dissconnect sometimes, usually when i don't want to play anymore or when i'm up against an obviously hacked team.
    I don't choose the bible, I stick with Lenin and Marx - i spit intelligent arts. /Strike Back.

When mixed with Wi-Fi, the Action Replay is an infuriating machine.
    99% of teens like 1 directon... put this in ur sig if you dont (started by blazeing man)
    i spent 10 hours REing for a shiny metagross and now its an event

I battle on Pokémon Online instead of Wifi, but I never forfeit there because I'm not a coward. I take inevitable defeat like a man.
    I love my cute little Machop!

Come on, you know Machop is cute! I mean, who couldn't love those endearing eyes? That adorable face? That loving embrace?

Just don't call it cuddly or else it will hurt you.

Credit to pokefan#493 for the userbar and Northern Lights for the badge

Click the banner to go to this forum's branch of the Bring Back Bionicle Club.

I am now the rightful claimer of Machop in the Official Claim A Pokemon Thread v5! [IMG]http://i52.*******.com/2z57udz.jpg[/IMG]

I hate it when people do that to me, so I extend the same courtesy to them. I don't do it because I know how awful it feels.

But, I do now feel like a hypocrite. If I'm on RM, and I encounter a team that has a damn good chance of being hacked (i.e. completely shiny, with a latios, hydreigon, volcarona, terrrakion probably with flawless ivs across the board), yeah, I'll dc because no way am I going to fight something like that.
    3DS FC: 0748-3041-6462

Fictionpress / Buy My Book! / Hero's Path

When I first started wifi battling, I pretty much lost every game. My loss record was no doubt, beautiful. I pulled my head out of my ***, I changed my strategies up, tried different Pokemon combination, and rose above my continuous loss record. That, there, was a great feeling.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast