Thread: Rate my team!

Wink Rate my team!

Well, I guess this team is for, OU? I'm new to this competitive, tier, thing . . . whatever.
    EDIT: On second thought, this team is probably just another standard team. . . . . . . . . . . yeah, I don't don't really understand this stuff.

Hydreigon
    -Levitate

Crunch
    Draco Meteor
    Outrage
    Fly

This guy is one of my faves. He's my . . well, basically my sweeper, I guess. Crunch takes care of Ghosts, Psychic, etc. Outrage is, you know. Draco meteor is like Outrage but doesn't confuse. Fly is just . . . I should probably replace Fly. . .

Eelektross
    -Levitate

Zap Cannon
    Tunderbolt
    Dragon Claw
    Flamethrower

NO WEAKNESSES!! . . . Ahem, yes, Levitate makes Eelektross have NO weaknesses. This guy has some diverse moves too, so he's a great part of the team.

Flygon
    -Levitate (again)

Earthquake
    Draco Meteor
    Fire Blast
    U-Turn

ITEM: Choice Scarf

I got this set from the "Pokemon of the Week 5th Gen" here on Serebii.net and it's worked pretty well. The speed it gains from the Choice Scarf lets it DESTROY things like Lucario and Metagross with Earthquake before they can even do anything.

Sceptile
    -Overgrow

Frenzy Plant
    Leaf Storm
    Leaf Blade
    Dragon Claw

ITEM: Expert Belt

This one has too many Grass moves (at least they get STAB) but they're all very powerfull. Dragon Claw is a very unexpected move and can cover what the other moves don't.

Typhlosion
    -Blaze

Eruption
    Flamethrower
    Lava Plume
    Rollout

Similar to Sceptile but Fire type. Eruption, Flamethrower, and Lava Plume get STAB. Rollout covers everything else. Blah, blah, blah. But since Typhlosion is Fire-type, it can kill what the other Pokemon can't.

Blastoise
    -Torrent

Hydro Cannon
    Hydro Pump
    Surf
    Blizzard

Some basic structure as my other final-evo starters. First three moves are STAB. Last one covers Dragons, Grass, etc. Alongside Flygon, it can destroy Fire-types. Flygon and Blastoise are good together in Doubles/Triples to take out most annoying Fires that the other Pokemon would have trouble with.

So, what do you guys think? What should I add? Take away? Change?
    If you have any ideas/tips please tell me!
    Last edited by Sceptile&Hydreigon; 6th August 2012 at 4:32 PM.
    My Teams
    Emerald
    LeafGreen
    Diamond
    Platinum
    Soulsilver
    White
    Black 2

Quote Originally Posted by BritishWeavile View Post
    Because people are so badass, families sleep on one bed or the floor, they do their business outside, and one roomed houses are totally in style these days.
    Quote Originally Posted by Metagross8 View Post
    Actually, what makes it worse is that the only authorities in the games seem to be Security Guards, gym leaders, and trainers! No wonder they've got criminal syndicates and burglars everywhere!!

The team can be sweeped by choice scarf moxie mence and a lot of other pokemon also Hydreigon is the only OU pokemon you are using, the other pokemon are lower which you can use but i suggest looking at pokemon which are in the ou tier.

3ds fc 1349 6822 3907 , credit goes to Sworn Metalhead and 00swms the amazing banners.

Quote Originally Posted by Rairyan View Post
    Hydreigon is the only OU pokemon you are using, the other pokemon are lower which you can use but i suggest looking at pokemon which are in the ou tier.
    Okay. I need help with understanding how these "tiers" work.
    My Teams
    Emerald
    LeafGreen
    Diamond
    Platinum
    Soulsilver
    White
    Black 2

Quote Originally Posted by BritishWeavile View Post
    Because people are so badass, families sleep on one bed or the floor, they do their business outside, and one roomed houses are totally in style these days.
    Quote Originally Posted by Metagross8 View Post
    Actually, what makes it worse is that the only authorities in the games seem to be Security Guards, gym leaders, and trainers! No wonder they've got criminal syndicates and burglars everywhere!!

For tiers I would check Smogon.

I would like to preface what I am about to say with a couple of suggestions. First off, regardless of STAB, you should almost never put two moves of the same type on one pokemon. You lose coverage, and the ablity to potentailly do damage to your counters. For instance the Sceptile set you have listed can do absolutely nothing to Heatran, Ferrothorn, Fortress, Skarmory, Jirachi and maybe some things I can't think of right now.

Also, in general you want to try and play to a pokemon's strengths. For instance Hydreigon has a 125 base specail attack, and only 105 attack, meaning you should try and use specail attacks with it.

This is what I can do off the top of my head, without researching to much.

As far as OU fire types go, I would replace Typhlosion with Infernape, who can cover the same things but using physcial moves, which you team lacks.

Infernape@life Orb
    EVs: 252 Speed, 252 Attack
    Nature: Jolly
    Ability: Iron Fist
    Fire Punch
    Stone Edge
    Swords Dance
    Close Combat

Inferanpe is fast enough to outspeed much of the OU tier, and with maxed EVs and nature you can outspeed some base 110, and even potentially higher. Close Combat is your fighting STAB, Fire Punch is your other STAB move, Stone Edge is Coverage. Swords Dance allows you to boost Infernapes decent attack sky high. If you want more information, this is Smogon's Swords Dance set for Inferanpe.

Hydreigon@Expert Belt/Choice Specs
    EVs: 252 Special Attack, 252 Speed, 4 where ever
    Nature: Timid

Draco Meteor/Dragon Pulse
    Dark Pulse
    Focus Blast
    Fire Blast

Hydreigon has excelent special attack, and this set tries to abuse that as much as possible. Draco Meteor is you primary STAB attack, and hits like a bus. however if you don't like the special attack drop, Dragon Pulse could be used. Dark Pusle is a special Crunch. Focus Blast(Miss) hits steels, and dark types. Fire Blast is for Ferrothorn, Jirachi, and Skarmory. the itme is your choice.
    Take a moment to consider just how nothing nothing really is....If you understand this, then you just solved the universe.

The truth that each person...each soul...is a book. And when we lay our feelings out in the open...and we give them no name...and we give them no author....and we give them no description.....who will actually read them..........?"

Credit to Eevee for the amazing banner.
    Current fanfiction project: Pokemon: Absolution

Please read the rules before posting next time:
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...l-28th-2011%29

Your team is posted in the wrong format and you're missing natures and ev's
    3DS FC: 2509-2166-4408