Thread: Cardfight vangaurd- any good?

Default Cardfight vangaurd- any good?

I got a promo card from sakura con (found it again while cleaning my desk). I was wondering what people think of the game so far and if it is any good.

I have had a look at it, and played a couple of games with friends, but I much prefer M:TG and Yu-Gi-Oh! to it to be honest.

I'm not saying it isn't good, it just isn't my sort of thing.

As someone who got into it recently, I'd say its a good game if you just want to have fun and not think too deeply. Its hugely based on luck and its an overall simple game, but thats not a bad thing.

I think it's a pretty good TCG tbh, I like it.
    [IMG]http://oi46.*******.com/jt7yg2.jpg[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    As someone who got into it recently, I'd say its a good game if you just want to have fun and not think too deeply. Its hugely based on luck and its an overall simple game, but thats not a bad thing.
    Sounds like a lot of TCGs. i mean

I haven't had a chance to try it yet. I have friends who like it, and I'll probably scour GenCon to see if there's anything for it. Maybe it'll be fun.
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue

The usual links

There's actually going to be an event held for Cardfight!! Vanguard at GenCon this year as well as for
    Kaijudo/Duel Masters. I've played Cardfight!! Vanguard since it's release in the U.S. and it's actually pretty fun, you basically use damage taken to your Vanguard as a means of resource management but at the same time you run a high risk of losing the game alot just banking on that late game Heal Trigger when you're already at 5 damage. That's probably the biggest turnoff for Vanguard, players like TCG's with an even amount of luck and skill not where one overpowers the other.

Competitive Vanguard decks usually go for around $200 at the highest while a competitive deck in Kaijudo which is a 95% reboot of the Duel Masters TCG is around $30-40 which is really nice. I've also found there's much more deck creativity in Kaijudo than there is in Vanguard simply because in Vanguard it's difficult to mesh Clans together because of hurting the consistency of applying Trigger boosts to your units that don't share the same Clan. Vanguard only has 4 expansions out in the U.S. right now where Kaijudo only has the Dojo Deck cards from Base Set and a couple Starters before the actual Base Set for Kaijudo is released in September later this year.

I didn't go out of my way to build extra Vanguard decks for myself cause I didn't know whether or not If the TCG will take off in the U.S. like it has been doing in Japan, Singapore, and other countries internationally. Kaijudo is having a rough start so far but it seems like it's showing signs of promise, it's based on the #1 TCG in Japan right now and hopefully Wizards of the Coast doesn't get too preoccupied with Magic: The Gathering like they did last time where Duel Masters in the U.S. got axed after 13 expansions in. The way the new Duel Masters reprints are in the new Kaijudo TCG are interesting but some don't make much sense IMO.
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code for Pokemon X Version: 3196 - 3039 - 5914

Quote Originally Posted by Poke Trainer J View Post
    There's actually going to be an event held for Cardfight!! Vanguard at GenCon this year as well as for
    Kaijudo/Duel Masters. I've played Cardfight!! Vanguard since it's release in the U.S. and it's actually pretty fun, you basically use damage taken to your Vanguard as a means of resource management but at the same time you run a high risk of losing the game alot just banking on that late game Heal Trigger when you're already at 5 damage. That's probably the biggest turnoff for Vanguard, players like TCG's with an even amount of luck and skill not where one overpowers the other.
    Do they do sealed-product stuff for CFV?

Competitive Vanguard decks usually go for around $200 at the highest while a competitive deck in Kaijudo which is a 95% reboot of the Duel Masters TCG is around $30-40 which is really nice. I've also found there's much more deck creativity in Kaijudo than there is in Vanguard simply because in Vanguard it's difficult to mesh Clans together because of hurting the consistency of applying Trigger boosts to your units that don't share the same Clan. Vanguard only has 4 expansions out in the U.S. right now where Kaijudo only has the Dojo Deck cards from Base Set and a couple Starters before the actual Base Set for Kaijudo is released in September later this year.
    $200? CHRIST'S BALLS. Better than $400+ Magic decks when Jace, the Mind Sculptor was legal...
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue

The usual links

Sealed product stuff for CFV? Like in Sealed Events? Not that I'm aware of. $200 is nice for a TCG however some people who heavily invest in one TCG like Pokemon would want to spend less than $200 for a competitive deck so Kaijudo would probably be the preffered choice.

Since it seems like Kaijudo is starting to have a following in my area I'm considering on getting a Starter Deck bundle for me and a friend of mine to play. I kinda see why some people like Kaijudo better than CFV, especially when there's going to be League play similiar to the Pokemon TCG, and amazingly cheap decks to build all around. I plan on building a Water/Nature deck and the artwork on King Tsunami is pretty amazing...

Started playing recently, I actually like it a lot more than I thought I would!

Which TCG? Cardfight!! Vanguard or Kaijudo?

Vanguard is a really fun TCG, even I've been addicted to it lately. However I also want to get into Kaijudo as well and currently there isn't anyone in my area that wants to play however Vanguard has more sets out than Kaijudo does so it's got an amazing head start so far. That and Kaijudo only has 2 sets out right now being the Dojo Edition and Base Set with Evo Fury by December later this year.

I've never gotten around to trying out Vanguard, due to no other interest around where I live, but it looks like it could be a lot of fun.

I actually just purchased three packs today, overall very satisfied with my purchase. As far as play, I'll get back to you guys on that one...

War's Dark Army - The strongest, baddest, Pokemon around. [Credit: The Awesome *Jean Grey*]

Recently came in 3rd in a small Vanguard Tournament, hope the game gets big soon. :/

It's Probably the funnest TCG I've played for a while because you know for a fact that luck is a factor in the game. So you can just go ahead and just have fun and rage when your opponent gets double critical triggers.

I also like the game mechanics. The game so far is balanced, Bushiroad listen to it's customers and have a very good relationship with them. The fact that they were able to set up national tournaments a Year or so since the games release in english is great.

I plan on learning how to play next time I go to my local card shop. But if I end up buying a pre-con deck is there a specific one I should get (I normally play Magic so yeah).
    THIS IS FOR MY NINTENDO 3DS HANDHELD SYSTEM 2664-2984-6619
    THIS IS FOR MY POKEMON WHITE VIDEO GAME Mike-0218-6703-3716

Well the Trial Decks in the TCG are essentially Pre-Con decks but they don't have the Perfect/Null Guards you need to play competitively and they usually go for about $15-20 a piece depending on how popular certain Clans are. Right now Oracle Think Tank is the most expensive deck in the format with Kagero being the best overall in terms of competitive play alongside Gold Paladins which are hugely popular due to the Japanese Sub.

So far what has some people concerned about the TCG's balance are Crossrides. Crossride Units are usually Grade 3 Units that depending on a specific Unit underneath it (being in your Soul) they become 13k Units with a Persona Blast which means that you discard a card from your hand that has the same name as your Active Vanguard to get the effect of it with some Counterblasts for an ability that could be groundbreaking. I'm sure you know how Counterblasts work, you flip face up damage face down in your Damage Zone to pay the cost of it.

There's a Grade 3 Crossride Unit for Kagero coming out soon called, "Dragonic Overlord The End" a.k.a. DOTE whose last ability basically says that If this Unit's attack hits your Opponent's Vanguard then you pay the costs for it's ability being the Persona Blast and 2 Counterblast to Stand him and he doesn't lose Twin Drive. If you pull this off you basically get a 4 card advantage increasing your chances of possibly getting 4 Critical Triggers for just 2 attacks from the Vanguard in one turn!

Thing is If you don't Perfect/Null Guard DOTE's 1st attack from it's last ability you're screwed but If you do then they won't be able to Stand DOTE afterward without losing Twin Drive which would make the card less broken because the attack has to hit in order for the effect to go off. What If you don't have a Perfect/Null Guard in your hand when they attack with DOTE for the 1st time for 21k with a boost from Embodiment of Armor, Bahr and you don't have enough Shields in hand let alone Grade 2 Interceptors in Rear Guard that might have been retired already to absorb the attack?
    Last edited by Poke Trainer J; 12th October 2012 at 7:27 AM.