Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: Do you use your favourites?

Quote Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
    I try to, but... (Look at my favorite Pokemon. q_q)
    Yeah....but you know, you aren't the only one who has to put up with that. I mean, I really like Rotom's base form much better then any of it's others, but it's not exactly the most useful ghost around. It could potentially be used in OU, but it's more of a pokemon best for filling a hole in your team than one to build a team around.

But Luvdisc can't be your only favorite, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    Yeah....but you know, you aren't the only one who has to put up with that. I mean, I really like Rotom's base form much better then any of it's others, but it's not exactly the most useful ghost around. It could potentially be used in OU, but it's more of a pokemon best for filling a hole in your team than one to build a team around.

But Luvdisc can't be your only favorite, right?
    Oh yeah! There's always Joltik, for when Luvdisc gets boring! xD But really, I do really like Chandelure, so I suppose that's good!

I try to make all of my teams of pokemon I like. Reason I don't tend to use legendarys. Prefer breeding and raising my pokemon from an egg.

I try an incorporate my fav pokemon, but I usually use ones that are GOOD and i like, such as Infernape and Dragonite, rather than Luxray (even though its decent)
    Hey guys, please sign up to my RPG The Archetype, we need more members!

Spoiler:- text:

I am a proud member of Join the fight.
    Credit goes to Avenger Angel for making the RP's awesome banner. Thanks Bron and Neo for the awesome RP

Venusaur and Mamoswine are some of my favourite Pokemon BECAUSE I use them competitively, so yeah.
    New sig coming soon

I havnt really got to do wifi battles much due to me not having wifi but I just got it 3 months ago so I am able to do it now :3! I dont have my team prepared but I only want my fav Pokemon in the team. I was thinking of a Typeflusion, Lucario, Gardevoir, Emolga, Whimsacote, and a Clafable. But not sure x.x

The pokemon I use most often end up becoming my favourites so yes, I use my favourites.
    Hail zee master Arceus!

Ahh the possibilities. I had fun in ubers using my a team full of legendary pixies (some of you all them the 100 all base stats pokemon) as a way to entice the enemy, "Don't bully my children. You will be called a meanie if you do."

Surprisingly, I actually got 40% wins with 60% Losses with my legendary children. Surprising huh? I even owned Arceus butt, Deoxys as well, even sand rush excadrill and speed boost blaziken, The weather trio as well (bye bye Rayquaza! Fear Prince Manaphy you draconic son of a *****!!! I hated you ever since you murdered me 150 times 10 years ago!), annd even the creatio trio. Though I still struggle with Unovian legendaries (God**** those musketeers! they are no joke for sure)

Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Mnaphy, Shaymin Sky forme, and Victini. Tell us we are cute! Really, try them! It makes me feel so success full to beat those boastful giants (except cresselia and reshiram)
    Current Chapter: 27: Tethered Together

I've been trying my best to incorporate Beeheeyem into a team, but I just can't work it in.

Likewise with toxicroak, but with better results.

None shall oppose our reign!

Check out my fanfic, Pokelypse chronicles. You won't regret it.

http://pokelypse.blogspot.com/

Input is appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by jireh the provider View Post
    Ahh the possibilities. I had fun in ubers using my a team full of legendary pixies (some of you all them the 100 all base stats pokemon) as a way to entice the enemy, "Don't bully my children. You will be called a meanie if you do."

Surprisingly, I actually got 40% wins with 60% Losses with my legendary children. Surprising huh? I even owned Arceus butt, Deoxys as well, even sand rush excadrill and speed boost blaziken, The weather trio as well (bye bye Rayquaza! Fear Prince Manaphy you draconic son of a *****!!! I hated you ever since you murdered me 150 times 10 years ago!), annd even the creatio trio. Though I still struggle with Unovian legendaries (God**** those musketeers! they are no joke for sure)

Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Mnaphy, Shaymin Sky forme, and Victini. Tell us we are cute! Really, try them! It makes me feel so success full to beat those boastful giants (except cresselia and reshiram)
    Azleaf -UU
    Uxie/mespirit-Ru why use them in ubers?
    and if you use all of them.. darkai says hi.. don't use 3 pokemons of the same time that don't have good synergy.. they can't beat darkai..
    I played ubers.. like 20% of the teams are uber noobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Oak
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and the amount of zubat in caves, and I'm not sure about the former.
    Shortcut to damage calculator

All of my favourites are in either NU/little cup and have terrible stats, or Uber, and I play in OU only, so nope ;m;

I generally don't.. Most of my favorite are NU or NFE, and I'm just not skilled enough to use my favorites effectively in OU.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan View Post
    Azelf -UU
    Uxie / Mespirit-Ru why use them in ubers?
    and if you use all of them.. darkai says hi.. don't use 3 pokemon of the same time that don't have good synergy.. they can't beat Darkrai..
    I played ubers.. like 20% of the teams are uber noobs.
    And this is why I love thematic teams not based on winning steak desires (which are too many in the competitive realm) like the weather setting teams. Yeah of course I know Darkrai is the ONE BOSS that gives us doubts. But I did manage to defeat him ONCE on one battle in ubers. This will be a good idea for me open a new competitive thread soon.

Look sir, I know the harsh nature of this place. But if you are convincing me to dump my favorite team that I enjoyed using in ubers, then at least base me a certain pokemon that can take on Darkrai. I mind BOTH aesthetics and performance.

Like 75% of the people I've talked in Pokemon showdown only care about the COMMON EFFECTIVE TEAM STRATEGIES. The other 25% would rather challenge themselves to overcome impossible odds. Like I dunno if there has been an NU team veteran defeating and Ubers veteran?

But out of curiosity, are you encouraging me to play safe by using well known strategies rather than going out of the box with effective strategy?
    Current Chapter: 27: Tethered Together

My favorites are usable in OU, but it requires quite a bit of skill (Misdreavus and Umbreon).

It's the reverse with me - I don't necessarily use my favourites, but I NEVER use pokemon I hate, even if they're good competitively. This includes gastrodon, ferroseed, forrestress, or just about any ugly pokemon in general. Because I'm shallow and judge things based on appearance, I tend to use a team of badass-looking pokemon
    Vivillon Hunt:

Native Vivillon: River

Need: Tundra
    PM me if you'd like to trade Vivillons!

Thowra 4986 3020 9888 (White 2)
    Thowra 1289-9658-9104 (3DS for Y) Friend Safari: Water - Panpour/Gyarados/Frogadier
    GMT +11 timezone

Quote Originally Posted by Thowra View Post
    It's the reverse with me - I don't necessarily use my favourites, but I NEVER use pokemon I hate, even if they're good competitively. This includes gastrodon, ferroseed, forrestress, or just about any ugly pokemon in general. Because I'm shallow and judge things based on appearance, I tend to use a team of badass-looking pokemon
    Same here. I just hate Forretress, and it took a while for someone to convince me to use Heatran.
    For trade:
    Legendaries- Shiny rash , Shiny relaxed , Sassy , , 2 (one docile, one lax), , , (DW event), , ,

DW(non-female)- ,

DW females-

Friend Codes:
    White- 2537 7184 5779

Name: Nike
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage
    With enough skill, you can put any pokemon here

I use my favourite but he is a bit weak so sometime's i don't

Most of my favourites are so because of competitive battling. e.g Salamence. Its easy to use, hits hard and has a cool design.
    Pokédex is complete (until October 12th that is).

Many competitive pokemon I end up liking as my favorites, but some I always liked regardless (Luxray and schuckle)
    Yep we should ban baton pass, and weather too. Oh and Trick Room, I'm tired of having to worry about Trick Room all the time. Just ban the move Trick Room, and prankster, it's broken. Ban all status moves on prankster users, they're too cheap. Oh and ban Probopass to it's so cheap. Just ban everything except Magikarp with splash.
    Well, actually Blaziken isn't really Uber because some people whined about how they were getting owned by it. I mean, it doesn't stand a chance in the Uber enviroment.

I sometimes do, but in lower tiers, like Weavile in UU

It depends on the pokemon. In NU, for example I would use a Sneasel if I needed a set-up mon or a scarf Pokemon. I wouldn't dream of doing this in OU, but would go for a Weavile instead.
    So yes, I do it but within sensible reasons.

R.I.P The Crystalline Guard ~ Memories Are The Only Things Which Are Truly Eternal

Quote Originally Posted by silverangel View Post
    Same here. I just hate Forretress, and it took a while for someone to convince me to use Heatran.
    But Forretress is beautiful on the inside!!
    Am creatively bankrupt.

i love all pokemon but am great at battles and a great breeder so when people say darkrai is unbeatable i say go back and training some more because i eat darkrai for lunch so if any body dont believe me then come battle me . oh that say after the battle
    Hello I own Pokemon white 2 friend code 2666 9991 5159 players name Eve am looking trade here as a breeder and battler

I did... then he got banned.
    (Blaziken)

My second favorite is probably Rayquaza, so yeah, no, don't really use him in OU too often.
    I HAVE QUIT COMPETITIVE POKEMON UNTIL X&Y

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Li
    You can try to frame it with negative words like “taking a game too seriously,” but passion is passion. If you don’t have something you strive to be excellent at, then you aren’t living at all. Everyone should have something that he or she takes “too seriously.”
        Spoiler:- In Memory of the Greatest Clans Ever to Grace Serebii:

I guess for me, it really matters on whether it's usable in high tiers or not. I loe using Virizion, like a lot, and even though it's UU, I tend to use it more than say... Forretress or something. If I were playing lower tiered matches, this would occur a lot more often, but alas OU is what I know best.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast