Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: Do you use your favourites?

I sometimes do in NU, using Blastoise and Armaldo. Other than that, my RU teams are crammed with faves, Cinccino, Crawdaunt and Amoonguss are frequent uses of mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tropius19 View Post
    This thread proves sppf is full of geniuses :x
    My Instagram, please follow!

Hoenn Starters :3

I'm gone from SPPF to pursue academics, and I most likely won't be back. Bye!

Quote Originally Posted by jireh the provider View Post
    Like 75% of the people I've talked in Pokemon showdown only care about the COMMON EFFECTIVE TEAM STRATEGIES. The other 25% would rather challenge themselves to overcome impossible odds. Like I dunno if there has been an NU team veteran defeating and Ubers veteran?
    Gurren Lagann stuck in head. WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK I AM!?

Sadly, determination doesn't work like that. I've been using mono-type teams lately and I have been able to fit my favourites onto them easily (unless they're Uber). Charizard's Flying type is a blessing of Fire teams however I haven't been able to make a balanced one yet.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Well... My all-time favourite is Azelf, for which I blame his minor role as the most badass lake guardian in PMD2. Fortunately, Azelf IS viable in OU if you play it to its strengths over Alakazam, namely Nasty Plot, a slightly better movepool, and a great Attack stat. After that, all my other favourites like Heatran and Ferrothorn are only so because of their viability competitively
    “The God of the old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; petty, unjust, unforgiving, control freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty, ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully. Those of us schooled from infancy in his ways can become desensitized to their horror."

~Richard Dawkins

I am a Satanist and proud of it! Copy and paste this into your signature if you are too!

Unfortunately, my favorite pokemon has always been Slaking by far. Which is one of the least usable pokemon in every tier except for maybe VGC. Still use it in game though as it destroys everything on silly computer trainers. Was even the MVP of my run through the emerald frontier.
    Evicted From Home = Retired

Yeah i sure do use my Favorited.
    But un-fortunetly that doesn't always mean i win...lol though it is a lot more fun to use my favorite pokemon as to apose, using a bunch of pokemon i dislike.

Pokemons turning evil i think, cause its nto longer about playing the game because you like the pokemon or watever.
    You gotta love your pokes ya no..
    Bug-Type Represent !
    I am the Big Bad moth, if you want some, come get some..

Well, I started off using my favorites and seeing which ones are good in competitive battling. Some like scizor and sceptile stayed while others like charizard (sadly) left. Other times competitively good pokemon become my favorites, for example I never even paid attention to reuniclus until I found out the only thing that can really stop it is...well a lot of things... but it still is really good.

I'll update this sometime

First, read my signature. Second, no never. Unless it's evolved.
    Black 2 Friend Code: 4900-4933-8066

I can trade:

Lickie by PopPrincess_Lyra

Almost always, my favorite 3 Pokémon are mew, genesect, and probably conkeldurr or hitmontop

3DS XL FC for Pokemon Y 2595-0724-5772 IGN SmeargleRocks
    Shiny Number 1268

I can offer gen6 cloning services, I will only clone what I don't have as glitch cloning can take awhile and be stressful

Self caught shinies on Y 24
    first successfull (and accidental) MM Shelmet timid 31/1/19/31/31/31 4:25 pm EST 4/14/14
    Shiny XD Gale of Darkness Zubat caught September 17th 2012 @ 4:24 pm EST cave PokeSpot

FUC* ALL HACKERS!!!
    ALL Gen6 6IV Event pokemon are hacked

Well almost always, though putting Plusle/Minun to use separately was quite a challenge haha >v>;;

★ goldensteambun

looking for TRU or Movie11 Shaymin on Gen 5 game, please PM me for offer

When I am building a competetive team, I always try to give it a good variation. Therefore, it is hard for me to build a team that only consists of my favorite Pokemon, but the most important thing for me is, that I am having fun, when training a new competitive team, so I usually take some of the pokemon that I like, combined with some pokemon that fit well into my team. So, I am both using the pokemon that I like and the pokemon who can utilise my strategy.
    There is however some Pokemon that I never use, such as Rotom W in OU, and Azumarill and Sableye in UU (probably more) simply because i don't like to battle with them.
    If you are looking for XY Wi-Fi battles I'm always ready so just give me a shout!

3DS FC: 3454 0728 9992. Trainer name: Nikolaj.

Trinity League Badges:

i usually have one or two favorites on it... but actually, i sometimes make a pokemon my favorite after i realize it is really good xD

I never used to use any Pokemon unless they completely fit my competitive purpose but now after coming back I've decided to try and get more enjoyment out of it. I'm still going to use what gives the best chance at winning 90% of the time, but I might make a few more teams around and with Pokemon I like not necessarily for their history of competitive prowess.

GodDamnZilla

Most of the time. My favorite Pokemon are slowbro, mienshao, and miltank
    While mienshao sees some use on my team, the others really.. Dont
    [img]http://i41.*******.com/2m2fivq.png[/img]
    Lovely Art by Equal-to-Heaven
    Join the Pokemon Anime Style Battling League!
    |PASBL|FB|Manga|A little something to watch|Art|
    [img]http://i42.*******.com/2lw4umr.gif[/img]

I only use Pokemon that I like whether in a Random Match Battle or WIFI Competition! Even though I don't win as much as I could I would rather use Pokemon that I LOVE and win less than Pokemon that I HATE and win more! Now that I think about it... Winning a match less often with the Pokemon you like feels so much more rewarding and satisfying than winning with some cheap smogon team. Ahh! So that's why competitve players Play so darn much! They win so much but there never satisfied! Ha! Ha!
    DON'T LET OTHERS DEFINE YOU!
    YOU DEFINE YOURSELF!!
    Nintendo Network ID: Marbi-Z
    3DS Friend Code: 4596-9457-8718
    Platinum Team:
    Heartgold Team:
    White Team:
    White 2 Team:
    Alternates:
    I Love LOPUNNY and I Love GARDEVOIR too!
    Wanna battle and/or exchange 3DS Friend Codes?
    PM or VM me!

I have found a solution: mono-type teams on while searching for someone on Serbii's WiFi chatroom. So much fun. I won't lie though, building a good Fire team is still tricky and Charizard (shut up, I get it) is a valuable player due to its immunity to Ground but ever so common Rock type moves are the bane of my existence.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

I use my favorites a lot. Mostly because Pokemon that are useful tend to be my favorites. Azumarill is my favorite Pokemanz which obviously I would not have ever been using in battle before 5th gen (Huge Power thankyou)
        Spoiler:- Credits:

I generally have a pokemon i like alot in every tier so its not a problem for me, tho i usually stick with what works unless i`m in a hipster mood

When I first started competitive battling, I was very idealistic about only using Pokemon that I liked. Didn't matter if they were widely considered to be fairly useless, I'd find a way to make them work and build a team I could be proud of. Problem is, lots of these Pokemon are considered to be useless because, in a competitive sense, thats what they are. As I battled more, I realised very quickly that tiers existed for a reason and no matter how clever some of my movesets were, they couldn't make up for poor typing, stats or ability on a Pokemon.

Now a days I tend to pick a couple of fairly strong Pokemon that I like and build a team up around them. If its a straight choice between two Pokemon to fill a certain role, I'll go with the one I like more, but I won't leave my team with easily exploited weakness or gaps in its offensive power just so I can free up room for one of my fave Pokemon.
    SOUL SILVER

I've decided to try and make a decent team out of my faves, I'm sick of facing the clone teams over and over on wifi with a pool of about 15 different pokemon, and pretty much using them myself. I'm not that great of a player anyways so I guess I may aswell go down using pokemon I like.

Sie sind das Essen und wir sind die Jäger!
    deviantART | Twitter
    3DS FC: 2595-0280-9012

I, for some reason automatically train too many water type pokemon :P
    Unfortunately it is not a good idea to make a team consisting only of those Pokemon

Water types i like best are : Starmie, Vaporeon, Lapras, Empoleon and Blastoise.
    I also realy like Jolteon and Espeon. Not a big fan of Umbreon and glaceon, leafeon though.

The water type which i use most is starmie, perhaps cause of it's power. But also because i got a shiny one last week.
    I also realy like Gengar, Alakazam, Articuno (coolest flying type if you ask me), Meganium, heracross, Altaria (shiny one ftw), electivire and a lot more. Pokemon i like most come from the classic 251 though. I grew up with those :P so i mostly use them in my teams.
    Pokemon Y team :

[CENTER]
    ^^^^^^managed to finally hatch a shiny 5V Protean Froakie! Also bred 5V shiny Cleffa (up for trade)^^^^^^^

FC 3DS : 4553-9947-3131

My newfound favorite pokemon in Kyurem-B. Never thought I'd use him until I played BW2 for my ds and Just came to love it. So, I created a Hail team around it and it works great. Its not the best Dragon, but it definetley can perform differently than other dragons and give itself an edge with its stat distribution.

GodDamnZilla

My favorites (well most of them) tend to be in ou. But for the ones that aren't, I make them competitively viable. I once used my Aggron to take out a fighting type.
    FC (White): 1248-9416-2795
    3DS FC: 1633-4254-1939
    Friend Safari: (Rock) Dwebble, Macargo, Barbaracle
    PM me if you want a battle or trade

Quote Originally Posted by Endless View Post
    What? You don't feel the testosterone rush through your veins when you look at Machamp's large, manly pecs?

I'm creative & hipster, I like to use my favourites regardless of tiers
    Pokemon X: 1435 - 4013 - 1487 (,,)

I am searching for the following Pokemon
    (Modest), (Modest), (Hasty/Naive), (Timid/Jolly/Hasty/Naive), (Timid/Modest), (Jolly/Adamant)

I can provide you with the following Pokemon…
    (Timid), (Jolly), (Timid), (Rash), (Bold), (Careful), (Relaxed with Seismic Toss).

I’m also offering a legit Shiny Foongus. Looking for a good natured shiny in return!

Yes, Big fan of Pokemons people see as weak etc.

Also gimmicks are cool in Wifi such are Simisage Leafstorm Skillswapping in doubles with my contrary shuckle

Or my Double water absorb Surf spam teams.
    Pokemon Y
    ---------------------------------------------
    KB: Shinies: x2 ;702; ;691;

Proud owner of a UT/UC: 2003 - Repair Program Shiny Zigzagoon.

Flawless:
    Friend code Black 2 : 2151-6418-9614
    Friend code Y: 3239-2288-6738
    Time Zone - GMT+1

I try to use Pokémon that I like, but I usually get better results using the recommended Pokémon.

That being said, I often grow to like a Pokémon after I train it a few times, so playing with OU Pokémon doesn't matter much to me because I like them all anyway.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast