Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: Do you use your favourites?

I tend to use my favorites whenever I can add them on my team, which is hard cause smeargle isn't good anymore in this gen due to all the faster/bulkier rock setters in the game, and im not a fan of batonpassing with him

Yes, Ninetales has been my fav since day 1. I was actually kind of sad with it getting a DW ability that made everybody want to use it. Don't know if that's still "the flavour of the week" it's been awile since I battled.
    Vaporeon, Jolteon, Espeon, Scizor, Salamence and Suicune are some of my favs that are good. Sandslash, Umbreon, Linoone Pidgeot and Persian Are less good, But I use them too.

I always use my favorite Pokemon, which is why I'm having such a hard time to make my "premiere" entrance into competitive battling. I want to make a decent team that involves the Pokemon I love, but can still handle common problematic Pokemon.

Well im a VGC player and my most favorite pokes are darkrai and giratina so no i dont xD but as far as OU singles go i use my garchomp a lot and for NU i use houndoom a lot

Cred to Astral Shadow for banner
    ASB TL 1, 9 TP

Yes. Absolutely. Scizor has been my favorite Pokemon since Gen 2, although the lack of useful moves made him less than stellar at first. Thanks to Gen 4 though, he became phenomenal, and thus I make a point to use my favorite Pokemon whenever possible.
    I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

My favorite Pokemon are Dialga and Noctowl. And my answer is no, since I don't use ubers and Noctowl is a piece of crap when it comes to competitive playing.

Please call me Ty or Bro

Current hunts

Tepig ~ Oshawott ~ Squirtle
    White ~ JPN Black 2 ~ FireRed
    53 SRs ~ ??? SRs ~ 218 SRs

Eevee
    White 2
    90 eggs

Yeahhhh, anything that can help me win a game are always my favorites. Uber/OU/UU/LC doesn't matter really.

No I don't. I simply focus on their competitive side and if they get good results then they pretty much get to be my new favorites.
    Shiny Pokémon (47)

Shiny Event Pokémon (11)

Generally, if you want to use favorites (it's true lots of my favorites are in the lower tiers) then you play in the lower tiers. Sadly, :c when I make a team, pokemon that work well together with my favorites end up being OU and I also have favorites in the OU tier. So yeah ... then I'm kinda forced to play in the OU tier even though I have mostly lower tier pokemon.

I personally don't understand people who play SOLELY to win. If you solely wanted to win, you just use the most common overpowered pokemon and strategies, slam them together and TADA, but where's the fun in that? You should have a little fun choosing your team!
    Hi! :3

Yeah I do. Most of my favourites are in OU, RU, NU and UU and my really favourites are in Uber. I find Uber just to be for fun though. I love competitive Pokemon, but I dont want to feel forced to use Pokemon I dont like.

I have been having this debate with friends now for a couple of weeks, as I can't decide what I want my battle team to be. Playing the game wants me to choose one team, math wants me to choose a second team and my heart wants me to choose a third team. I have no idea what I am going to choose in the end but if I end up going with my heart I probably won't win but will have a lot of fun doing it.
    Go Arbok I choose you!

I used to, now I use powerful pokemon that I know will help me win.

I use Weavile in some of my teams, because it's my favorite Pokemon and it's actually pretty good in OU.

i really like chatot a lot, but i don't use it very often. i did try a nasty plot chatot sweeper in nu once, but it didn't turn out very well. it just didn't hit very hard and common things like gardevoir and musharna really threatened it. plus it was so frail that if i didn't ohko the opponent, i might get ohko'd myself. besides that i don't use my favorites too much unless they have a real niche.
    it's not that i have bad grammar, it's just that the shift keys on my laptop don't always work, so it's easier to just not capitalize stuff. sorry if that makes my posts hard to read.

I prefer using overpowered Pokemon than my favorites because sometimes my favorites aren't strong enough to allow me going forward the game.

I would use my favorite if coincidentally it was also a strong Pokemon (like Milotic and Kingdra, for example).

i sometimes do, but my favourites aren't always great in terms of competitive battling. you don't have to use your favourites, it's better to use pokemon that can actual battle and stand a chance.
    The Doctor: 'People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually*
    from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff.'
    In other words: Time is Complicated.
    Credit to epicjirachifan, Chapter of Charizard FairyWitch and Astaral Shadow of the Under

I've yet to make a debut due to my own reasons. However, Vaporeon is my favorite pokemon and mascot. I could care less if I have ugly pokemon on my team, as long as she's on my team. If not, then I'll just pick a pokemon that looks good and plays good. Thank goodness some of my favorites are in OU.

I favor almost any Pokemon that serves me well in battle. There are Pokemon who I think look really cool (Absol for example), but those Pokemon could never be favorites of mine if they didn't work for me in combat, it's just part of being the total package. On the other hand, there are Pokemon who I understand are great in battle, such as Gliscor, Jellicent, and Skarmory, but I don't use them because they don't fit my play style, and I don't find them cool or interesting. I guess my point is that I choose my teams based on finding that perfect middle ground. Cool Pokemon who I personally favor, but are viable in competetive battles. I have a soft spot for Gen 1 since I've been playing Pokemon since 1998, so I'm always happy being able to use Chansey, Gengar, Starmie, Gyarados, and Dragonite, but I've also come to love Ferrothorn and Terrakion. Long story short: Yes I always use my favorites, because part of being my favorite, is being a reliable partner in battle.

Training since '98. Veteran Pokemaniac. The Pride of Kanto.
    PKMN White FC: 2580 2403 7016

I always use my favourites because the most practical Pokémon happen to be my favourites. If I can, I'll make a team composed of entirely my favourites.

Spoiler:- Credits::

- please excuse my shoddy syntax for some reason I don't know.

I always have my favorites on my team.
    Like Weavile, Arcanine, and Lucario.

When playing UU, Snorlax is always there.

Check out my RMT!

Spoiler:- Team Induhbut (An NU Sun Team):

† I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Yes and no. Alakazam was going to be cut from my team due to his low defense, but I soon realized with some messing around with several different teams how fast and powerful he was- so I DID end up making him a permanent part of my team, having saved me on more than one occasion with his speed. Tyranitar or hydreigon is usually sent out with him in the traditional competition format and in doubles. (Depends on whether I can afford to take those sandstorm hits)
    However- Trick Room is the bane of my existence with alakazam... But that's what tyranitar's for... ^_^
    So all in all, alakazm is very well rounded and versatile. I use him for all sorts of things, and he even wipes out Ubers like Tyranitar in one hit with a fighting gem and focus blast
    『ポケモン不思議のダンジョン ~�� �グナゲートと∞迷宮(むげんだいめ� ��きゅう~』
    "I AM ERROR"~ZeldaII: The Adventure of Link
    Find me on the Pokemon TCGO forums, Fusemon, Pokefarm, and Chicken Smoothie! (Same screen name)

I AM A LEGIT SHINY TRADER, AND I ONLY TRADE LEGIT.
    I HAVE CLAIMED THE MASTER OF THE WINDS-TORNADUS!!!
    I FINALLY GOT A SHINY FLAWLESS ZORUA! YAY ME!
    DON'T TRADE WITH Dj!/Dj2K HE SCAMMED ME OUT OF A SHINY FOR HIS SHINY MEW, WHICH WAS HACKED, AND WAS RUDE TO ME WHEN ASKED TO TRADE BACK!!! PM ME IF YOU HAVE ANY INQUIRIES!!!

Yeah I sometimes use my faves in Pokemon in competitive battling just for the fun of it. Plusle just so sexy when used in Ubers, ya know.
    Credit to Astral Shadow!

I always try to find a way to use some favorites of mine. This is also one of the reasons why I love Tier Shift.
    For trade:
    Legendaries- Shiny rash , Shiny relaxed , Sassy , , 2 (one docile, one lax), , , (DW event), , ,

DW(non-female)- ,

DW females-

Friend Codes:
    White- 2537 7184 5779

Name: Nike
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage
    With enough skill, you can put any pokemon here

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast