Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Do you use your favourites?

Not always. When I do use it though, I feel like quitting when it dies to an unfortunate crit or something but that's just me
    "If you're not going to lie, at least tell the truth."

In competitive battling I usually only end up putting one or two of my top favorites on a team because most just aren't suitable for OU (serperior for example). All my pokemon will be ones I like though. I never put a pokemon I don't like on a team no matter how compatible it may be. I still use all my favorites with move sets that sound cool in game

Please click my dragons to help them grow!

My PASBL Squad

I don't usually build teams with my favourite. Not always. But I have some teams that have my favourite in it.
    ♠ ♣ ♦ ♥

Pretty much all the time.

Always. In fact, the most powerful Pokémon on the team I'm forming at present is a Sawsbuck, commonly used in my chosen tiers- Never Used, Underused and Rarely Used. However, I adore using it, mainly due to its power and cool design. Plus Sawsbuck is my favourite Pokémon.
    This is Bidoof. Many people loathe it with their lives. If you are of the few people who love this little beaver, put this in your sig. Started by Earth Wolf-Howl (formerly Warrior Scolipede)

FC: 2707-2741-9594
    Friend Safari: Sunkern, Sawsbuck, Maractus

I have claimed Pyroar!

Yeah I do, always build a team around one of my favorites.

I tried at first. I put Serperior in my grass team with a calm mind set, but it didn't work out. It was good, just not good enough.

If your favorites happen to be very viable Pokemon that's good, and if you can craft a solid team using your favorites that's even better. However, I feel that since this is competitive Pokemon, and everyone (I suppose) is in it to play and win, using your favorites just because you like them would make the metagame less competitive.

Credits to Astral Shadow for both banners.

Im currently building my team and umbreon is going to be my giant wall of health and pain and death and healz.

that is when I get a shiny eevee, because as we all know, if it isnt shiny, it isnt miney.
    Friend code: 0992 0949 5772

This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig . Started by Dax-360

Most of the time.
    My second team has Dodtrio, Medicham, Eelektross, and Ambipom, which are in my top 50.

But see, there's a funny thing with me, which is if I use a pokémon, I begin to like it, so I suppose technically my answer is always.
    We all make mistakes, but the biggest one we can make is not learning from them.

Yes. Unless I am still working on training my favorite Pokémon and they are way too low level for a Wi-Fi battle at the time (my Swoobat at level 31 or so at the moment just for an example), but that is a whole other story. I don't EV train or anything like that, so I often end up losing (especially since I am newer to Pokémon and some of my favorites from my first play through got trained pretty horribly... like my Serperior, but I ALWAYS use her anyway since she is my favorite.), but I always just do my best with my Pokémon, and the champion Karen said with his famous quote:

"Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled Trainers should try to win with the Pokémon they love best."

I agree with him, wholeheartedly. I don't care if the Pokémon I use is pretty much considered "worthless" to some people (Shuckle for instance), I use them because I love them. And that's that.

Sorry for the ranting, but I really felt this should be said.
    Reality is a lovely place, but I wouldn't wanna live there... ~ The Real World by Owl City

Karen's Gengar's strongest move is Lick, and she gets destroyed by a 10 year-old every time someone beats their game. Not exactly what I'd call a competitive role model...

Quote Originally Posted by jesusfreak94 View Post
    Karen's Gengar's strongest move is Lick, and she gets destroyed by a 10 year-old every time someone beats their game. Not exactly what I'd call a competitive role model...
    lmao

but ya if your favorite isnt in OU unless it has a niche its going to be outclassed so if you want to use your favorites, use them in their own tiers

What are you guys talking about? I used a Jynx in an OU team cuz she's my fave Pokemon, and it worked well (until people found out about Dry Skin and Lovely Kiss +Substitute)

Yeah, but Jynx is pretty legit.

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...opo&highlight=

Using favorites in a proper context is one thing. Charging into OU Pokeballs blazing with a team of regional rodents and LC Pokemon just because you like them is a whole other story.

I use as many faves as will fit into my team well. If I cannot use my favorite, I will use a Pokemon I like, but maybe not be a favorite.
    Thanks to FairyWitch for the profile pic!

† I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

National Dex Completed 2/13/2014, at 12:12 A.M., with 212:16 Game Time, and thanks to my friends who traded me over 200 times that week

Quote Originally Posted by mjunior3 View Post
    I use as many faves as will fit into my team well. If I cannot use my favorite, I will use a Pokemon I like, but maybe not be a favorite.
    Same here.
    [IMG]http://oi42.*******.com/142xz75.jpg[/IMG]

Send me a VM if you want to chat or have a casual battle!
    3DS FC: 2277-6720-4241
    Pokemon White FC: 1937-1211-2762
    VM me yours!

Yeah, I usually do that, but I always make sure that my favourites are viable in at least one aspect of competition.

I always try to make sure that my favourites are in the team I just made. Usually Starmie and Cinccino easily finds place, but Dugtrio (in a non-weather team) and Machamp gets left out.

But in UU, I use Machamp and Lilligant quite a lot. :3

I sometimes even make a team only with my faves and battle in the ladder. Sure, I lose most of the times (Misdreavus isn't too good in OU, unfortunately), but when I do win, it's an inexpressible surge of happiness. :3

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910