Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you use your favourites?

Quote Originally Posted by thedarklord2155 View Post
    ... my favs are,..., dunsparce, ...
    Dude, props for liking Dunsparce. I try to like every Pokemon enough to want to fight with them, but Dunsparce is one that I've always found to be a bit of a push...

Regardless, I always use my favorites. If I don't like the Pokemon, I'm not fighting with it; it's an insult to the Pokemon. I know they're really just pixels at the end of the day, but they really deserve to be used by trainers who respect them. I think it's more fun that way, even when I lose, but hey, it is a game after all Different strokes for different folks!

Well, I really only battle in NU (I just find the upper tiers annoying, unappealing and..... well, if you don't like OU you'll know what I mean) so I do get to use some of my favorites (like charizard and cradily), but many of my other favorites, including swampert, Empoleon, blastiose and venusaur (I do like some of the starters, yes) are in higher tiers, but in the occasional UU match I love using my precious nidoking and blastoise, who I mentioned earlier.
    I have claimed Alduin, the mighty dragon! He shall one day return to bring forth the end of time, and fulfill the prophecy of the world eater.

Since R/B/Y I've come to like many pokemon and I only play with those pokemon who I happen to like. Luckily it is a large enough list for me to constantly try out new members on my team!
    !~ Pokemon X Team ~!

3DS Friend Code: 3711-8931-6762

At the moment, using my favorites is my only inspiration for playing the game (OU tier); the likes of Granbull, Magmortar and Hariyama to name a few, but then I usually get destroyed by the robot-esque rain-users on Pokemon Online and lose all confidence in them.

Sometimes I think we just have to accept that whilst they may be nice to look at, they're just not good enough for competition.

I do, and usually find a way to make them deceptively effective. Breloom is my all-time favorite, so that's pretty easy, I use the standard SubPunch set. I also use Scyther quite often, I like him much better than its evolution, which is used on just about every other team in OU. Scyther is deceptively bulky with Eviolite, I run a Bulky Swords Dance set with him, and do very well. It's incredibly satisfying to KO a Scizor with it lol.

And I love me some Shuckle. I designed a Sand-stall team just around him. His moveset may seem barren, but it has what it needs. Encore is probably the most useful move ever on him, since people usually think Shuckle is set-up bait.

Somewhat. Most of them are favorites, I use the others because they help me lose less.

To be honest, awesome pokemon, especially Gliscor, Scizor and Dragonite, are my favourites. I happen to use them a lot. They're my favourites and are really tough to stop.
    FC: 0232-9161-0856
    Friend Safari:
    Mankey, Pancham, Riolu

My team is made up of all of my 6 favorite Pokémon. I used Smogon to get their move sets and test my luck in random match-up. Sure I have 2 weather Pokémon (Typhlosion is the SunnyBeam set) and one of them is an Uber but that doesn't matter to me.

Never fussed whether I loose or not but I play because these guys are my favourites and I enjoy the game.

Although it felt good in a random match-up when my Guts set Luxray took down a Virizion within 3 turns thanks to Ice Fang freezing the target on the first turn, then they sent out a Dragonite and my Luxray's Ice Fang 1-shotted it!
    Yes I know the 4x weakness gave Luxray the advantage over Dragonite but hey it felt good as the opponent was Japanese and their team was excellent for competitive matches.

My team:
    - Typhlosion
    - Tyranitar
    - Luxray
    - Swampert
    - Gallade
    - Garchomp

Mentioning Luxray I have to ask; Superpower is currently banned on the Guts set as it's a Gen-4 Move Tutor move but the tutor's make a return in B2/W2 so would Guts and Superpower be legit?
    I have claimed Luxray! It's an underrated power house that's very diverse in battle!

I do try to use my favourites, yes. The problem is most of them are either lower tier (Typhlosion), worthless (Tropius), or just plain outclassed (Feraligatr, Scyther).

Some of them, however, are proven competitive nightmares to face, like Metagross and Kingdra.

So it's a bit of a mix, I could either use a lower down tier team where plenty of pokemon I like reside, or bring a specific favourite to the forefront and surround it by high tier, not necessarily favourite pokemon that compliment its requirements. Alot of the time, I end up doing both.
    Userbar credit: Myself
    50% of Serebii users are relapsing pokemon fans...if you are among those that never got off the band wagon...copy and paste this in your sig (started by CyberBlastoise)...
    Platinum Dex Progress: 200/496

When viable.

I use Reuniclus in OU, Kingdra and Empoleon in UU, Typhlosion and Drapion in RU, and Marowak in NU.

I do my best to work my teams around them.

I'm back, baby.

Yes:
    Dunsprance - one of the best NU pokes, Kinda like togekiss
    D-Night
    Salamence
    Heracoss
    Pidgeoto
    Butefree
    Seaking
    Arcanine
    Ect.

If they're good with the team i'm using.

I use my favorites, but only if I can find a way to make them work well. I makes teams based on Singles, Doubles, Triples, and Rotation battles. I don't go for very common movesets, either.

I'm using two of my faves: Lopunny and Gardavoir. For lopunny I'm running high speed and atk with sky uppercut, shockwave, ice punch and switcharo. It sounds gimici but my winning streak has gone up big time.
    Now my gardevoir is high sp.atk EV and IV'S with reflect, will-o-wisp, shadow ball and psychic.

On competitive matches, I usually base teams AROUND one of my favorites. Since most of my favorites are NU, their are plenty of people who mainly play OU who don't know barely anything about the pokemon I use except typing. If it's just a wifi match... I'll use whatever I want because I love making joke pokemon look decent.

Credit to FrostStorm for the banner; YOU ARE MAJESTIC FROSTSTORM

3DS FC: 4940 6396 1803

"Because I am the man... who made a typo in his own name while registering..."

I have two favorites, Victreebel and Golem , both of which I've tried to include in a worthwhile team.

Golem, for starters, can use Explosion. Yeah, explosion. I wouldn't want to go out any other way.
    Look! Even the SoulSilver description of Golem says he explodes as a form of transportation...

Serebii's Pokedex Entry of Golem

Alas, I would use Explosion for Golem, but the move is nerfed compared to the previous generations without the defense halving capability. Otherwise I would only use Golem with Explosion in a doubles team where my other active pokemon is a bulky Ghost-Type with Trick Room for support, so it is unaffected by Golem's awesomeness. Also, T\the ability Sturdy may give Golem a chance a pulling off that Explosion.

Victreebel by no means are passive, with their gaping mouths begging you to crawl inside, and their offense capabilities certainly supports their behavior. Victreebel is certainly a Pokemon I would not want to be ambushed in a forest.

Unfortunately, it does not have an expansive move-pool, and I was disappointed that it is unable to learn poison jab despite it having a vine-like tail that seems capable of injecting poison. However, Weather Ball can be bred to a Bellsprout, and is the only Pokemon able to reap the benefit of double speed in the sunlight with Chlorophyll and have access to Weather Ball.

As my favorite Pokemon, Victreebel is on my doubles team take advantage of the move Weather Ball.
    Pokemon Trainer

3DS Friendcode: 1461 - 6764 - 7925
    Pokemon Black Friendcode: 3010 - 4663 - 7738

PM or E-Mail me if you are interested for a battle!

Doubles Pokemon Team

Captured Pokemon: 640
    Required Pokedex Entries

I do, but I use only certain Pokemon cause I can't set up good moves with my other favs.

Credit to Riataro from EGC

† I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Quote Originally Posted by Bomz View Post
    I have two favorites, Victreebel and Golem , both of which I've tried to include in a worthwhile team.

Golem, for starters, can use Explosion. Yeah, explosion. I wouldn't want to go out any other way.
    Look! Even the SoulSilver description of Golem says he explodes as a form of transportation...

Serebii's Pokedex Entry of Golem

Alas, I would use Explosion for Golem, but the move is nerfed compared to the previous generations without the defense halving capability. Otherwise I would only use Golem with Explosion in a doubles team where my other active pokemon is a bulky Ghost-Type with Trick Room for support, so it is unaffected by Golem's awesomeness. Also, T\the ability Sturdy may give Golem a chance a pulling off that Explosion.

Victreebel by no means are passive, with their gaping mouths begging you to crawl inside, and their offense capabilities certainly supports their behavior. Victreebel is certainly a Pokemon I would not want to be ambushed in a forest.

Unfortunately, it does not have an expansive move-pool, and I was disappointed that it is unable to learn poison jab despite it having a vine-like tail that seems capable of injecting poison. However, Weather Ball can be bred to a Bellsprout, and is the only Pokemon able to reap the benefit of double speed in the sunlight with Chlorophyll and have access to Weather Ball.

As my favorite Pokemon, Victreebel is on my doubles team take advantage of the move Weather Ball.
    In a triple battle, If you have a Fast pokemon in the middle that can use explosion, and the two on the sides can use protect, get the point?

I love using my favorites, even if it means I don't get very high up in the ranks. I base the whole team around them though. I usually pick one Pokemon to star while the rest of the team supports the favorite. Thankfully for me, two of my favorites are very successful in the metagame. Those being Gengar and Sableye.

Yes I do. It kind of helps that Dragonite is a beast 8)

Also, if I ever want to use some of my other favorites I will test different builds that will make them work just so I can say I gave them a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by sAv1Or) View Post
    Yes I do. It kind of helps that Dragonite is a beast 8)

Also, if I ever want to use some of my other favorites I will test different builds that will make them work just so I can say I gave them a shot.
    I'd have to agree with you.
    Check out Dragon-Tamer club..had to remove it because sig was too big. (Mod: As was having the water club)

Credit to Savanny
    CREDIT TO CYRIUS[
    Need someone to train your pokemon or breed for one ? I will do it.

Yep I pretty much always use my espeon.
    Pokemon Black 4814-3504-9865

I tend to use my favorites in OU like Jirachi and Reuniclus, my other favorites are in the lower tiers, and since I stink at battling, I tend not to use them.
    I'll put something here...eventually

I generally try to make a team with around one of my favorite pokemon. I attempt to add as many of my favorites as possible, but some pokemon I use i'm indiferent towards but they fit my team perfectly. But there are some pokemon I refuse to use, such as thuburus and torandus (both of their forms), because I generally don't like them very much.
    I'm a...

Black Friend Code: 1463 5487 9507
    X Friend Code: 1220 7532 9835

Typically I go for Pokemon that work well for my team, however there are some Pokemon, like my Ambipom, that I'll occasionally use in a battle. However, if I don't like a certain Pokemon, I'll ignore them and try to find an alternative that still fits what I'm looking for.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast