Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you use your favourites?

Absolutely, I'd rather struggle in a battle with Pokémon I love and enjoy using than win with the 'best' team possible.
    Luckily, quite a few of my favourite Pokémon are quite dominating competitive forces, such as Scizor, Volcarona and Espeon.

It's a shame that some of my favourite Pokémon just don't stand a chance in standard battling, but as had been said many a time, any Pokémon (well, to an extent) can battle successfully.
    I say, always use Pokémon you like on your team; that way, when you lose to that guy with a team filled with ugly-but-powerful Pokes and legendaries, you can go away happy knowing that your team is what you want, not what the herd thinks is best!
    White 2 Nuzlocke Challenge Location: Castelia City Gym Badges: 2 DEFEAT

Nice try team. You shall be avenged! Burgh shall be destroyed on my next visit!

In this end, the real question asked in this thread is "what tiers are your favourites in?"
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

I have very few favorites, like haxorus or lucario and zoroark I use them sometimes if they fit the team.
    I really hate scizor but I found myself using him with a 4 priority core.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Oak
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and the amount of zubat in caves, and I'm not sure about the former.
    Shortcut to damage calculator

I use my favorites most of the time.
    I even get new favorites while using new teams, so i guess i always use at least one of my favorite pokemons in each of my teams.
    But Gengar, Zoroark and Articuno will always be my top three pokemons (I usually use gengar, but i have never used articuno in competitive battling and i have used zoroark only a few times).
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Latest RNG:

Spoiler:- Latest RNG:

Occasionally. I try to design team themes around groups I actually like. My recent team is alright but still needs some buffing before I actually make it on my DS. I am going through play testing on the PO server.

Thanks to Steel Sector Graphics for the userbar and banner!

I also use only pokémons that I like but sometimes it's needed to put a poke (who you don't like) need to put in... For example, you wanna make a rain team without putting the move rain dance on a poke so... you need to have politoed for drizzle.... Only that kind of situations I use pokes I don't like.

If i can include my favourite pokemons in my team i do it , but if i can´t i use the best option .

I also use garchomp and it's in my top ten.
    Check out Dragon-Tamer club..had to remove it because sig was too big. (Mod: As was having the water club)

Credit to Savanny
    CREDIT TO CYRIUS[
    Need someone to train your pokemon or breed for one ? I will do it.

I love to use Kangaskhan, it's a very underrated threat. That and I have a pretty rare and original moveset for it that just about no one sees coming.
    The only Nesquik you'll ever see in 3D.

I am a proud Catholic.

Shiny Charmander! Hatched via Masuda Method on 3/7/13
    Shiny Corphish! Chain fished on 10/30/13
    Shiny Skrelp! Chain fished on 10/30/13
    Shiny Horsea! Chain fished on 10/31/13 (Guess this is my Halloween treat)
    Shiny Frogadier! Random encounter in Friend Safari on 11/2/13 (Modest nature and 31 IV in speed)
    Shiny Tyrunt! Hatched via Masuda Method on 11/9/13

Want my Friend Code? Here it is:
    3DS: 1891-1325-6982
    White 2: 3397 1588 5337 Peter

Well, yeah I always do and have done.

My favorite Pokemon used to be Lunatone. I liked it very much due to its very cool design and psychic abilities. Its eyes are mesmerizing. Anyway, I would always use it in my Gen4 teams. At least, most of the times, I did. It was very good. With Hypnosis, Psychic, Earth Power and Ice Beam. I mean, yeah, I loved it and still do a bit and I used it in the last Pokemon slot of the team.

Now my favorite Pokemon are Blissey and Vaporeon. Blissey is my top favorite though. I just love how they both have tremendous HP and they are bulky and nicely designed. Blissey has the highest HP, is very bulky and has a great movepool. With Seismic Toss, Aromatherapy, Thunderwave, Softboiled(or any other set really) she is a beast and a huge help to the team. She is both the Sp.Wall and the Cleric/Wish Passer. She is absolutely vital to the team.

I use my favorites all the time. For example: Swoobat and Bulk Up Gallade both take a Quiverdance pass from venomoth fantastically. Swoobat gets more speed, as well as more power for it's Simple Stored Power; Gallade can get past it's average speed stat, as well as making it even more specially bulky then it already is. I used that in OU and won many times.

Credit to FrozenConstellation

I tend to base a team around my favorite Pokemon like Jolteon, Lucario, or Arcanine. Then I see what teammates would make the team successful and end up with more Pokemon that I like.

Absolutely, for me there's much more satisfaction in winning if I do it alongside some of my favorite Pokemon. However, that doesn't mean my teams will only consist of my favorite Pokemon in a given tier, what I instead do is build a team around a particular favorite from the tier in question. For example, Reshiram is my favorite Uber, so what I'll do is build a sun team around it. If some of my other favorite Ubers (like Mewtwo) fit into the team I'll definitely be happy about that, but if I'll need to add certain Pokemon I'm less attached to (like Palkia) in order for the team to work, then I'm willing to do that as well.

Not really.
    Mostly because I already trained all my faves (Vileplume, Breloom, Vaporeon and Sceptile + many others in my signature) without EV training or consideration for online battling, mainly because I didn't have Wi-Fi when I trained them and I didn't see much point in EV training them. That being said, my Sunny Day Magmortar and Chlorophyll-Nasty Plot Shiftry kick *** in double battles.
    My EV trained team, which I use for ranked battles (Gallade, Meganium, Cinccino, Lapras and Zoroark) contain Pokemon I like, but none of those would be in my top 10, or even 25 favourite Pokemon.
    "I completed the National Dex at 12:03am on January 5th, 2013: if Gen VI is announced anytime soon I'm gonna be seriously angry."
    January 8th, 2012: Pokémon X and Y announced. Seriously angry.

I usually try to use a theme I like, but more often than not by the time I get the team to any playable level it barely follows that premise anymore.

Though my recent team is pretty cool.

Thanks to Steel Sector Graphics for the userbar and banner!

of course i use chandelure!

With Chandelure in mind, I'm actually tempted to use a strategy with my favourite Pokemon (see user icon) and Gothitelle (who has the same Dream World ability as Chandelure) who would proceed by sweeping the majority of the foe's team after using Calm Mind many times due to the foe's lacklustre attacks due to Power Split. Think it would work? If not, what if I used Chandelure instead once it is released and it is not sent to the Uber tier?

Yes I use my favourites no matter how much people try to convince me that you can't win unless you use Garchomp/Terrakion/Ferrothorn/Tyrannitar and some others. My Typhlosion never leaves, and I adapted my battling style to make him shine, and guess what, he does!

I always try to use Pokémon that I like and that I feel like they suit my playing style. If I see a hyper overused Pokémon like Garchomp then I won't use it. It's no fun winning using a team that has no personal input at all. Putting 6 standards together and win because of their hyper stats is not fun. Which is what Pokémon games are about.

3DS Friend Code: 3866-8099-9870 - Nuno

Super Secret Base | Double Battles | QR Code

Beta Competition Masters Division: W25 L9 - Rating 1736 - Ranking 100th
    June International Challenge Masters Division: W10 L7 - Rating 1544 - Ranking 2784th

Overall WiFi Double Battle Record: W48 L20

Oh crud, it shot up from NU to being part of the UU ban-list. Then there's considering all the hard hitters...

I mean, if you don't use the pokemon you have a bond to, don't bother battling at all. Then again, when i use the pokemon i have a bond to . . . well . . . let's just say that i battled 80 times and I won 15. -__-

Quote Originally Posted by VideoGamer17 View Post
    I mean, if you don't use the pokemon you have a bond to, don't bother battling at all. Then again, when i use the pokemon i have a bond to . . . well . . . let's just say that i battled 80 times and I won 15. -__-
    Stop using pikachu he sucks..

want to use those weaklings go to NU..

In today metagames there are only a few pokemons who don't have a place at all in any metagame if you don't like most OU pokemon don't play OU..

MOst of my favorites are OU so I don't have problems the current team I use (I posted it in RMT) have like 4 of my favorites.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Oak
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and the amount of zubat in caves, and I'm not sure about the former.
    Shortcut to damage calculator

Yes I do usually (if I can) I always try to put Gengar in my team because he is BAWSS.

RAWK ON

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan View Post
    Stop using pikachu he sucks..

want to use those weaklings go to NU..
    Stop shooting down the kid, he doesn't know how the training mechanics work, nor does it seem like he cares. Deal with it, let him be, and move on! In all honesty though, this was the right place to post though.

As for you VideoGamer17, read the bottom line in my signature. Careful swaying words like that around on the Internet especially in the competitive sections. Be lucky you weren't treated harsher.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan View Post
    In today metagames there are only a few pokemons who don't have a place at all in any metagame if you don't like most OU pokemon don't play OU..
    This is what Gamefreak lacks considering the considering the core mechanic of their famed RPG series, balanced diversity in the majority of if not every character. Nonetheless, comparing to other RPGs, there's nothing wrong with this, almost every RPG has monsters that are stronger versions of others. On the competitive side of things and the core mechanic of collecting monsters, this isn't good and needs to be fixed in later instalments.

Lucario,Manectric,Typhlosion,Flygon,Eevee,and Wartortle!Even though I always get my butt kicked with this team,I can't think of a team I'd rather have.I always use my favorite Pokemon! :P

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    As for you VideoGamer17, read the bottom line in my signature. Careful swaying words like that around on the Internet especially in the competitive sections. Be lucky you weren't treated harsher.
    Sorry about that.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast