The Angel's Kiss: A Melody Malone Mystery was released today. I've just bought it, and have read the first chapter. It's quite short (I'm already nearly 20% finished, after only five minutes of reading), and doesn't seem to be the same book Amy reads in TATM. Nevertheless, it's very entertaining. I'm very much enjoying reading a book from River's perspective. It's incredibly flirtatious, and is certainly not a children's book. I wouldn't go so far as to say it's for adults, but it's definitely more suitable for a slightly older audience (River talks repeatedly about bits pointing the right way and about making sure that certain things are buttoned and that others are unbuttoned. :P)

I'm looking forward to seeing where it goes. I hope we do get the chance to read Melody Malone, and it may be likely, due to this being the first in a series. I'd definitely recommend the book, since it makes clear why River's in New York and interested in Angels (well, not really "why" she is, but it does flesh out her life in New York, so that her appearance in TATM doesn't seem so arbitrary). Besides, it only cost me €2.49, which is approximately Ł2.

-The Eleventh/Rory Williams