Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread: The Doctor Who Club v.4

Wheeee.

Spoiler:- The Crimson Horror:

Spoiler:- Next Time!:

Becoming, again I'd like to say some stuff in reply to some things you said, if that's all right. In particular I thought I'd try and explain the villain's plan to you, seeing as you seemed a bit confused about that, although if you want to figure that out yourself upon rewatching the episode then I guess you should skip past the first paragraph of this.
        Spoiler:- The villain's plan, and other replies to Becoming:

Ooh, a prequel for the finale? Count me in as excited for that, then; I always love prequels with the Doctor (and sometimes companion(s)) in, and this one sounds especially interesting! And don't worry - the red button service is just a thing for British viewers to be able to watch the prequel on telly if they're not the kind of people who'd look for it on the Internet; it's been done before for other prequels. It'll still be available online, I'm sure.

-elyvorg/Amelia
    .: Evolution is a battle .:. Something has to lose :.
    LOST EVOLUTION
    Chapter 33: Inside has been posted.

Foregone Conclusion
    Spinoff/prequel/backstory/thingy to Lost Evolution, written for NaNoWriMo 2010

Three Heads Are Better Than One

Spoiler:- STUFF:
    The most Superior Snivy. Left, good time here though. I loved this place.

Spoiler:- The Crimson Horror:

Spoiler:- Nightmare in Silver:
    The Doctor: 'People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually*
    from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff.'
    In other words: Time is Complicated.
    Credit to epicjirachifan, Chapter of Charizard FairyWitch and Astaral Shadow of the Under

Why do you like Doctor Who?
    Time travel. The ability to go back in time and change the way things happened. The things that just don't add up, like the fact that you never know ANYTHING about what will happen in the future, except for the 6th season, and River, all of the information about the Doctor only goes up to where he currently is in his life, which just doesn't make since, how have the Cybermen, the Daleks and other species only known whats happened in the Doctor's life previous to the current episode. The mystery, you're shown something as crazy as the Doctor dying, truly DYING, and then at the end of the season
        Spoiler:- for anyone who hasn't finished the 6th Series:

Who's your favorite Doctor?
    Matt Smith, all my favorite quotes come from his period, and he seems even crazier than the rest of the doctor's lives, since he talks to 'sexy'.
    Desired character title?
    Strax on one hand... Stormageddon Dark Lord of All on the other....
    Strax... Stormy.... Strax....... Stormy...
    I am Stormaggeddon, Dark Lord of ALL.

Spoiler:- *wink*Spoilers: The Crimson Horror:

Spoiler:- Fun facts about River:

Goodbye "peasants"
    ~Stormy.

Visit my art shop over at Bulbagarden Forums for sprites and avatars!
    PM/VM me over here if you want something and don't have an account there.

If you want to join a new forums site, try Poké International Forums!

First, it's just so incredibly different from other TV shows. There's the Sci-fi drama element, which makes it exiting and worth watching, and also the complexity of the Doctor, who has developed so much over the 50 years that the show has been airing for. You understand why he feels a certain way, but there's always part of him that's a mystery. Also, quotes. Doctor Who is crammed full of awesome quotes.

Who's your favourite Doctor?
    Definitely Matt Smith, the 11th. Mainly because I started watching Doctor Who when he had just replaced David Tennant, so I've watched pretty much all of his episodes, (I have watched some of the 10th Doctor's as well, but I prefer the 11th) and I like the way he portrays himself as a madman in a box. Which he is, but he's so much more than that.

Desired character title?
    The TARDIS. I think she probably counts as a character
    SIGNATURE? AIN'T NOBODY GOT TIME FOR DAT

3DS FC: 3883-4931-5047
    Ground FS: Camerupt, Phanpy and Diggersby. If you want to add me, VM me and tell me what's in your FS.

EVs and IVsaurs: Hello, and welcome! The mystery is definitely one of the fun aspects of this show. I guess you're enjoying the Clara storyline right now, then?

Also, while I'm not going to dispute that the Eleventh is potentially the Doctor's craziest incarnation yet, I think him talking to Sexy is less down to that and more down to the fact that he actually met her in The Doctor's Wife and came to appreciate just how alive she is, more than any of his previous incarnations could. Why wouldn't he treat her like a person and talk to her all the more after that? :3

It is fun how River is named after herself, twice. Doctor Who is full of all sorts of stable time loops like that, especially in Steven Moffat's run.

Ponymon: Hello and welcome to you as well! I'm particularly happy to see that you find the complexity of the Doctor to be one of the best things about the show; I completely know what you mean about understanding him really well on the one hand, but on the other hand finding him such a mystery at the same time. It really serves to make him one of the most compelling main characters out there. Since he seems to interest you this much, I can't help but hope that some of your future posts in this club might include your thoughts on his complexities and trying to figure him out some more? ...Of course, I'm not forcing you to do anything, but if you ever do get the urge to get all overanalytical about the Doctor in here, please, feel as free as you like.

(basically I am inordinately fond of writing lengthy rambles about the Doctor, and to think that I might potentially have found someone else to share rambles about the Doctor with makes me very happy. But if this is not who you actually are, then never mind; ignore me.)

And of course the TARDIS counts as a character! She arguably has more impact on the plot than anyone else, given it's really her decision where and when the Doctor ends up each time, after all.

So. I am incredibly excited for Nightmare in Silver tomorrow. My reasons largely boil down to the things I have gathered about what might be going on with the Doctor in this episode, based off a rather interesting interview with Neil Gaiman about the story, and some images.

This may be a tiny bit more spoilery than some people might like, albeit in a sort of vague way. It's spoilery in that it's SOMETHING DEFINITELY EXCITING, but vague in that I'm not sure exactly what that something actually is. If that makes any sense at all.

Spoiler:- Something definitely exciting:

Plus there's preview clips, which aren't connected to the exciting something but do have a couple of mildly interesting things in them. I'm looking forward to this episodes for more reasons than just the one, after all.

Also very exciting about tomorrow is the prequel for the finale which will be available (yes, it'll be online too) immediately after the episode. It's called She Said, He Said, it's apparently one of the longest prequels yet, and it's going to explore how little the Doctor and Clara know about each other. That sounds like it'll be very interesting and the kind of thing I've been eagerly waiting to see brought up for most of this half-series, really. So that's something else I'm looking very much forward to.

I've been enjoying this half-series so much, and it just keeps continuing. =D

~less than 24 hours!~

-elyvorg/Amelia
    LOST EVOLUTION

Foregone Conclusion

@elyvorg: I think I understand Mrs Gillyflower's scheme better now. Thanks for explaining!

Tomorrow is going to be a really great day, I reckon. Nightmare in Silver, the finale trailer (honestly, what I'm most excited for), and the prequel. Plus Pokemon Smash and a possible Corocoro leak. It's going to be a bit sad though that we'll have to wait six months for the next episode - the 50th - but hopefully it'll be worth the wait. However, a rumor concerning the 50th that I really hope isn't true:

Spoiler:- John Hurt's role BIG SPOILER IF IT'S TRUE:

Becoming/Clara Oswin Oswald/Clara Oswald/Oswin Oswald/future incarnations that I'm pretty sure we'll see in the finale
    ┓┏ 凵 =╱⊿┌┬┐

elyvorg:
    How could I not enjoy the Clara storyline!? She died in the Dalek asylum, then in Victorian London, and now she's a 21st century girl who finally learned about her umm... tenses.... Future? Life.

And what I had meant with the craziness related to talking to 'sexy' was that he seems crazy because of it.

And anybody who didn't know about all the bootstrap paradoxes should just watch "The Big Bang" and "The Pandorica Opens"

Goodbye "peasants"
    -Stormy

Visit my art shop over at Bulbagarden Forums for sprites and avatars!
    PM/VM me over here if you want something and don't have an account there.

If you want to join a new forums site, try Poké International Forums!

Soooooooooooooooorry. I've been bombarded with homework over the past week, leading to very little free time.

I loved The Crimson Horror. Seeing the Paternoster Gang in action without the Doctor's guidance was very fun, proving that a spin-off with them could work. I found Strax to be very amusing, far more than in his previous appearances. Hah, Thomas Thomas! I really liked Neve McIntosh's performance as Vastra. It's noticeably human, but the reptilian aspects are very much present. She strikes an exceptional balance. And Jenny was just kick-***. (Though the Doctor kissing her seemed unnecessary.)

Mrs Gillyflower was a splendid villain. She was incredibly zany, but yet so cruel ("In the wrong hands, that venom could wipe out all life on this planet." "You know what these are? The wrong hands!" That exchange sums her up succinctly). Ada was developed particularly well. Her attachment to her monster (what a great reveal) was heartwarming, in a slightly warped way. I was shocked by her attack on Mr Sweet on my first viewing, but I found it fitting the second time around. The Doctor's reaction to Gillyflower's fall doesn't sit well with me, however. It was obviously intended for comical effect, but ehhhh...

It's definitely one of my favourite episodes of the series (possibly taking the top spot). The atmosphere was excellent, the set design was particularly commendable and the Doctor and Clara's relationship is becoming more and more exciting and warm.

I am so excited for next week I actually nearly screamed earlier.

Spoiler:- The Name of the Doctor!:

I plan to post more about NiS and TNotD in the near future. Emphasis on "plan". :P

Oh, and regarding those potential spoilers for the fiftieth anniversary special; I unfortunately stumbled across them. I wouldn't mind it if it came to fruition, and I can see it happening. It'd be interesting, to the say the least. In response to Becoming:

Spoiler:

-The Eleventh/Rory Williams
    Last edited by The Eleventh; 11th May 2013 at 9:48 PM.

Spoiler:- next time:

That's all I really have to say. I'm excited for the finale and I'm really curious as to how it's going to end! I really hope we're not going to be a six-month cliffhanger.

Only a week to go!

Becoming/Clara Oswin Oswald/Clara Oswin/Oswin Oswald (I feel so much better about this title now that I'm sure I know who Clara is!)
    ┓┏ 凵 =╱⊿┌┬┐

It is a show that can take on any genre throw at and it is still original. It is a complete mystery who is he is and it is just the best show on tv. It has so many great mysteries in the show eg. River, Clara. It is sci-fi but does so many more genres and is extremely interesting. I love the dark moments the most as it takes such a serious side to the time travel adventures and how it affects people. It is clear the doctor is hiding something and the waiting for that secret is great. Also it portrays a life of normal people doing impossible thing that I'll never have an opportunity to do, so kinda of fills that gap. It also is completely original and doesn't rip off any ideas. It was 50 years worth of episodes to watch so never really run out of episodes to watch

Who's your favourite Doctor?
    11th, Matt Smith is great at doing every weird, mad, happy, sad, dark moment of the doctor. I thought David Tennant was great as 10th doctor but he couldn't pull of the mad man in the box as well as Matt Smith. He also was the current doctor when I started watching Doctor Who.

Desired character title?
    All, the great ones are gone so maybe I'll be a The Great intelligence

Is that ok?
    Last edited by C.y.a.n; 12th May 2013 at 1:54 PM.

FCs:
    Black- 1550 5635 4578. White 2- 0992 2115 3932
    3DS: 5386 7832 8719

C.y.a.n: EDIT: Thanks for editing your form; that's enough words now. Welcome! I hope you enjoy participating in the discussion here.

Prequel!

Spoiler:- She Said, He Said:

Another trailer for the finale, which has some interesting things not seen in the Next Time trailer!

Spoiler:- Next Time!:

Also, Becoming, I like your theory on Clara. It's along the lines of what I'd been thinking, too.

Spoiler:- Regarding that rumour about the 50th, with Nightmare spoilers:

Aaaaaa next week is still a week away D:

-elyvorg/Amelia
    Last edited by elyvorg; 12th May 2013 at 7:58 PM.
    LOST EVOLUTION

Foregone Conclusion

Sorry I'm late!

Spoiler:- Gold and Silver:

Next time should be good. There wasn't a society watch organised this week (couldn't have gone anyway) but there will be one for the finale! Exciting!!

All this and more on my tumblr!
    I can breed premier ball Johto starters.
    3DS: 1160-9852-7611
    Will-Powered Spriter

Ok first post.
    Will be in spoilers as it is about the finale

Spoiler:

Thank you!
    Last edited by C.y.a.n; 12th May 2013 at 11:14 PM.

FCs:

Spoiler:- Crimson Horror:

Spoiler:- Nightmare Silver:

Serebii Paranormal & Crypto-zoological Society / And My Etsy Shop!
    I've also got Blog about all things paranormal:
    http://problematicafiles.blogspot.com/
    Twitter: @CleverKraken

Today's Fact: The creepy music in a lot of UFO movies comes from an instrument called the Theremin, which is special because it is played without actually touching the instrument.

A Gravity Falls Fanclub? Everything is different now!

If you haven't heard, BBC America has accidentally sent out some blu-ray copies of series seven part two early. This means there are people who have watched the episode and inevitably spoilers are going to leak onto the internet. The DW twitter has asked that people don't post spoilers but what's the chance of that actually happening? Basically, be on the lookout for spoilers if you don't want to be spoiled. God knows that they're going to be all over tumblr. I'm carefully scrolling down the 'the name of the doctor' tag and hoping that I don't come across any spoilers...but at the same time I really want to know what happens!

So yeah, beware of spoilers because they're going to leak.

Becoming/Clara Oswin Oswald/Oswin Oswald/Oswin Oswald
    ┓┏ 凵 =╱⊿┌┬┐

I live in the UK so I didn't know about that. I haven't been online since Friday either, so I haven't seen any spoilers. I have a prediction of what will happen in The Name of the Doctor, I think I'll put it in a spoiler, because I'm mentioning stuff that happens in previews and descriptions:

Spoiler:- Predicton:

And that is my crappy prediction.

~Ponymon/the TARDIS
    Last edited by Ponymon; 13th May 2013 at 4:44 PM.
    SIGNATURE? AIN'T NOBODY GOT TIME FOR DAT

3DS FC: 3883-4931-5047
    Ground FS: Camerupt, Phanpy and Diggersby. If you want to add me, VM me and tell me what's in your FS.

Quote Originally Posted by Becoming View Post
    If you haven't heard, BBC America has accidentally sent out some blu-ray copies of series seven part two early. This means there are people who have watched the episode and inevitably spoilers are going to leak onto the internet. The DW twitter has asked that people don't post spoilers but what's the chance of that actually happening? Basically, be on the lookout for spoilers if you don't want to be spoiled. God knows that they're going to be all over tumblr. I'm carefully scrolling down the 'the name of the doctor' tag and hoping that I don't come across any spoilers...but at the same time I really want to know what happens!

So yeah, beware of spoilers because they're going to leak.

Becoming/Clara Oswin Oswald/Oswin Oswald/Oswin Oswald
    Heard about that so been very careful on all websites. Moffat said if no body leaks the spoilers for the Name of the Doctor, He will release a scene of Matt and David as the doctors. SO EVERYONE, SSSSHHHHH!!!!

FCs:

The early release of the Series 7 Part 2 box-set is truly unfortunate. Of all the times to happen, it had to occur at the beginning of the week running up to The Name of the Doctor. It's going to be tricky to resist spoilers, but I'm sure I have the willpower. To worsen the situation, my friend looked up the spoilers today. I'm at his mercy. He's commented that the "event(s)" is/are quite momentous, and that's something, coming from him, as he often expresses his dislike for the show. (Though I suspect that may just be to get at me. It works.)

I feel sorry for the production team, too, since they've gone to such efforts to prevent the secrets escaping. The last four minutes of the finale have been removed from preview copies. We've got a lot to look forward to, then.

Did anyone else watch the BAFTAs last night? Jenna-Louise (they seem to be referring to her as Jenna Coleman lately) presented an award, and there was a montage of clips from the show's history (they weren't the best, I felt) and a short skit with Matt (Axon reference!).

Enjoy the longest week of your lives, everyone!

The Eleventh/Rory Williams

Damnit I can't seem to see any of the major spoilers, I really want to read it so I can spoil it here. Because I'm Chaotic Normal like that.
    As to what once, it now is. For this my retirement tour, let us commence, forevermore, forevermore.

Right. Yeah. Those spoilers. That's... kind of terrifying, really.

Allow me to put my club-owner hat on for a moment, even though all I'm doing is reiterating something already in the spoiler rules: if you find out something that you even so much as think is from someone who's watched the full episode, and you for some reason want to post about it in here, for god's sake MARK YOUR SPOILERS. Make it completely clear that they contain this information. I do not want myself or anyone else here to stumble across any big spoilery information by accident, thinking it was going to be something milder.

(and in the event that spoilery information does get posted here and people have their enjoyment of the episode ruined because they unwittingly read it, if the person responsible for posting the spoilers gives me the slightest reason to believe that they deliberately led this to happen, I will ban that person from this club.)

Really, the safest thing to do if you do know such information is to just not post about it in here at all.

</growly club-owner hat off>

Honestly, I don't understand why anyone would want to look up spoilers for the episode. I'm not saying this about the few who were lucky enough to accidentally get the DVD and could watch it for themselves; they got to experience the story exactly as it was meant to be, just without waiting a week for it. But... for people to find out what happens in this episode by merely reading a list of facts about it? That is such a horribly soulless way to learn all these no-doubt amazing revelations. People who do that are throwing away their one chance to be able to experience it first-hand, on the edge of their seat, immersed in the episode, with no idea what's about to happen. It boggles me why on earth anyone would want to do that to themselves.

(and it absolutely disgusts me if some people, especially the lucky ones who have properly seen it already, have posted spoilers with the intention of deliberately inflicting that on unsuspecting people. I seriously hope that is not the actual mindset of any of the people who have posted the spoilers, and that they just did it out of some honest if horribly misguided desire to make other people happy because they don't quite understand the concept mentioned in my previous paragraph.)

Uh, yeah. Apparently this made me just want to get that little rant out of my system. My reasons for not liking spoilers: let me show you them! This doesn't extend to the kind of previewy things that the BBC release, because that kind of information doesn't soullessly tell us what happens; it teases and hints at it in a way that just makes me more excited for the episode without spoiling the experience of watching it for the first time.

So as to not make this post nothing but grumpiness about spoilers, a few brief replies to some people's thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Becoming View Post
        Spoiler:- More villain plans:

Quote Originally Posted by Will-powered Spriter View Post
        Spoiler:- Gold and Silver:
        Spoiler:- Cyber voices:

Quote Originally Posted by C.y.a.n View Post
    Will be in spoilers as it is about the finale
        Spoiler:
        Spoiler:- Discussing this entirely hypothetical possibility:

Quote Originally Posted by VampirateMace View Post
        Spoiler:- Nightmare Silver:
        Spoiler:- In Angie's defence (slightly):

Quote Originally Posted by Ponymon View Post
    ...I'm mentioning stuff that happens in previews and descriptions:
        Spoiler:- Predicton:
        Spoiler:- Again hypothetical and entirely safe:

I watched that little BAFTA scene and it amused me. Silly Doctor, assuming a BAFTA is some kind of alien threat. x3

~five days~

-elyvorg/Amelia
    Last edited by elyvorg; 13th May 2013 at 10:56 PM.
    LOST EVOLUTION

Foregone Conclusion

elyvorg: True… but, it was still annoying.

Anyone who spoils something this big outside of spoiler tags should be permanently banned from the club and any future versions of the Doctor Who club.

Serebii Paranormal & Crypto-zoological Society / And My Etsy Shop!
    I've also got Blog about all things paranormal:
    http://problematicafiles.blogspot.com/
    Twitter: @CleverKraken

Today's Fact: The creepy music in a lot of UFO movies comes from an instrument called the Theremin, which is special because it is played without actually touching the instrument.

A Gravity Falls Fanclub? Everything is different now!

I like it because it is a series that the story can be centered around basically anything.

Who is your favorite Doctor?
    Easily the Tenth doctor, I just like his personality and how he solves things.

Desired character title?
    I think that I shall claim a non-major character Alpha Ood 001.
    THIS IS FOR MY NINTENDO 3DS HANDHELD SYSTEM 2664-2984-6619
    THIS IS FOR MY POKEMON WHITE VIDEO GAME Mike-0218-6703-3716

Spoiler:- Discussing this entirely hypothetical possibility:

I am aware but we have already lost two great companions this series and don't want to see any other gone too. I love his stories and was happy the way the Ponds left.

FCs:

TBH if I ever did spoil it it's because I believe Moffatt is a crappy showrunner and I would want to open people's eyes to it. (I mean this is the dude who last season decided to make River Song the main character and decided that the best way to celebrate 50 years was to celebrate only the last 5, so yeah screw that man, worst Head Script Dude Who's In Charge Of Doctor Who ever.) Also spoilers The Doctor's Name's Rosebud McBuddington III. (I'm English and the only thing the internet's spoiled is that River Song appears and    Spoiler:- Common Knowledge 2.0:
    appear and yeah, we kinda saw that in the trailer or it was common knowledge beforehand. (Does it count as spoilers if everyone knows it? Should I put it in spoilers if it is common knowledge?))
    As to what once, it now is. For this my retirement tour, let us commence, forevermore, forevermore.

Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast