Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Thread: The Doctor Who Club v.4

Of all the things and all the times this had to happen. All I can say is good luck to everyone, resist temptation and be weary of everything, I had a brief scare when a friend was reading a spoilerific piece and was, I'm sure about to reveal several important details, but thankfully I managed to avert the situation.

Be strong.

-The Joker./Dream Lord
    The most Superior Snivy. Left, good time here though. I loved this place.

I really have to get round to watching the latest episode - I'm meant to be revising atm but I've just been spending the past couple of hours on Serebii so that's going to amount to nothing.

Regarding the current conversation about spoilers, my so-called "friend" just divulged a reasonably large spoiler ahead of this Saturday's episode which I did not want to hear. It regards Clara and I highly recommend you treat the below spoiler tag with suspicion and extreme caution.

Spoiler:- Very, VERY large spoiler - open at your own risk:

But as was mentioned before, at the very end there was a*card saying that the rest of the episode will be revealed at the actual airing on TV. So stuff about the Doctor's Name and all that still is pretty much a mystery (except for those who got their physical copies of the series early).

The actual validity of this is questionable, but he has access to a lot of the BBC previews seeing as his father works as a journalist for a major British paper.
    Last edited by Poetry; 14th May 2013 at 7:04 PM.
    [CYTUS]
    ICE - L
    eyemedia - Bloody Purity
    xi - FREEDOM DiVE↓

So if we don't get spoilers we get to see David Tennant as The Doctor? Gee, what an incentive. (That's my main flaw why is the 50th Anniversary Special celebrating the past 5 years for? Like there's 11 Doctors right? 3 of them are dead, aren't they? So there's still like 8 Doctors you could add, maybe the 8th Doctor who only had one TV Episode could appear? Add to that the multitude of companions but instead 10th Doctor, 9th Doctor's Companion, 11th Doctor & Women Who Dies, Gets Resurrected, Dies, Gets Resurrected, Then Gets Blackmailed By 2 Brats Who Didn't Die For Some Inane Reason are the only ones there? Like you don't need a story for an Anniversary special (hence why Moffatt's the worst person to write an anniversary special because he never sticks to the KISS principle.) All you need is Everything From Doctor Who Appearing For No Reason.)
    As to what once, it now is. For this my retirement tour, let us commence, forevermore, forevermore.

Just to hear some people's ideas, if you haven't seen the trailer of the Name of the Doctor, don't open this and if you know major spoilers don't answer this. Thank you
        Spoiler:

Edited:

Just want to add a theory I thought and get your opinions
        Spoiler:

And finally does any one think this DVD thing may be a hoax to get us more excited to find out or is it just like AOTD when nobody mentioned Jenna's appearance? Like has it been proven that they were released other then BBC
    Last edited by C.y.a.n; 15th May 2013 at 9:41 PM.

FCs:
    Black- 1550 5635 4578. White 2- 0992 2115 3932
    3DS: 5386 7832 8719

Okay, first things first. I have discussed it with The Eleventh, and he agrees with me on this. Armando Payne is now banned from this club, for breaking the club's third rule with his most recent two posts. I shall send him a PM explaining exactly why; there's no need to clutter up this thread with that.

the3rdH0kage: Sorry, I'm afraid I can't let you in yet. Those couple of points you made are valid, but your form has nowhere near enough substance overall. Feel free to try again.

Gallery of images for the episode. I really like the jigsaw-like one with all the Claras; it exemplifies the way she's been such a puzzle for all these eight weeks. And I like the way the prominent jigsaw pieces each contain Clara, Clara and Oswin... and then the fourth just has the background of space. Hmm. Can't help but wonder if that's trying to symbolise something.

Also, this week's Radio Times has quite a few things to say about the episode - all entirely teasery and safe, of course, as this is a BBC-sanctioned magazine.

Spoiler:- Radio Times:

There haven't been any preview clips so far, which is unusual. :< Perhaps the fact that it's a finale means there won't be any at all this week because they can't find anything to preview that wouldn't be far too spoilery.

Quote Originally Posted by C.y.a.n View Post
    Just to hear some people's ideas, if you haven't seen the trailer of the Name of the Doctor, don't open this and if you know major spoilers don't answer this. Thank you
        Spoiler:
        Spoiler:- Something in the trailer:

Just want to add a theory I thought and get your opinions
        Spoiler:
        Spoiler:- Theory about the Doctor's secret:

And finally does any one think this DVD thing may be a hoax to get us more excited to find out or is it just like AOTD when nobody mentioned Jenna's appearance? Like has it been proven that they were released other then BBC
    I believe what happened is that BBC America - not quite the BBC, but official enough - accidentally delivered some people's pre-ordered series 7 DVDs earlier than they were supposed to. Various official BBC sources such as their Doctor Who-related Twitter feed have confirmed this, so I see no reason not to assume there's a genuine threat of spoilers. Be careful.

~two days!~

-elyvorg/Amelia
    .: Evolution is a battle .:. Something has to lose :.
    LOST EVOLUTION
    Chapter 33: Inside has been posted.

Foregone Conclusion
    Spinoff/prequel/backstory/thingy to Lost Evolution, written for NaNoWriMo 2010

Three Heads Are Better Than One

Quote Originally Posted by elyvorg View Post
    I believe what happened is that BBC America - not quite the BBC, but official enough - accidentally delivered some people's pre-ordered series 7 DVDs earlier than they were supposed to. Various official BBC sources such as their Doctor Who-related Twitter feed have confirmed this, so I see no reason not to assume there's a genuine threat of spoilers. Be careful.

~two days!~

-elyvorg/Amelia
    i am wary of any spoilers around. i heard about this form a friend and couldn't believe it. a bit of an oversight on the bbc's part.

Spoiler:- the name of the doctor:

~Cyber Leader/Fitzy909
    The Doctor: 'People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually*
    from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff.'
    In other words: Time is Complicated.
    Credit to epicjirachifan, Chapter of Charizard FairyWitch and Astaral Shadow of the Under

Quote Originally Posted by fitzy909 View Post
    i am wary of any spoilers around. i heard about this form a friend and couldn't believe it. a bit of an oversight on the bbc's part.

Spoiler:- the name of the doctor:

~Cyber Leader/Fitzy909
        Spoiler:- Theory:
    Last edited by Poetry; 17th May 2013 at 8:34 AM.
    [CYTUS]
    ICE - L
    eyemedia - Bloody Purity
    xi - FREEDOM DiVE↓

Okay, so there is actually a preview clip! It's pretty much the most incredibly short preview clip ever, but it's still kind of interesting.

Spoiler:- Preview clip:

~tomorrow!~

-elyvorg/Amelia
    LOST EVOLUTION

Foregone Conclusion

Spoiler:- Preview clip:

Avoiding spoilers hasn't been as hard as I thought...but then again I've had a tonne of school work to distract me. Nevertheless, I'm excited for the finale!

~approximately 12 hours to go!~

Becoming/Clara Oswin Oswald/Clara Oswald/Oswin Oswald/possibly a new incarnation that we'll meet tomorrow.
    ┓┏ 凵 =╱⊿┌┬┐

Saturday! 8D This particular Saturday, no less!

So this morning they released another gallery of images from the episode. Some of these are really intriguing, far more so than any in the previous gallery; I'd definitely recommend looking at them if you don't mind teaseryness and happen to be reading this post before the episode airs.

My spoilered thoughts on them may also reference other things I've discussed in spoilers earlier this week.

Spoiler:- More images!:

This has managed to make me even more excited for the episode than I already was, which is saying a lot.

~less than eight hours!~

-elyvorg/Amelia
    LOST EVOLUTION

Foregone Conclusion

This thing that I saw that was in the trailer but could still lead on to guessing about the potential plot line so think carefully before opening. Again this was in the trailer it's just it could lead on to so much more, which I do develop.

Spoiler:- Slightly spoilerish:

Quote Originally Posted by The Joker. View Post
    This thing that I saw that was in the trailer but could still lead on to guessing about the potential plot line so think carefully before opening. Again this was in the trailer it's just it could lead on to so much more, which I do develop.

Spoiler:- Slightly spoilerish:
    That could be very like since Moffat aid they met more than once

Quote Originally Posted by elyvorg View Post
        Spoiler:- Something in the trailer:

Spoiler:- Theory about the Doctor's secret:
    Thanks and heard about casting but thought it might still happen but that was answered by the preview so it isgran. So exicted cant wait for 7.00pm
    Last edited by C.y.a.n; 18th May 2013 at 7:54 PM.

FCs:

"Right then Clara Oswald, time to find out who are"

This will be epic

FCs:

oh November 23rd Y CANT YOU COME SOONER?!

Agression, Destruction.
    Meowstic is officially mine!

Credit to SM

Spoiler:- Yeah definite spoilers:

~The Joker./Dream Lord

Name change request to:

Spoiler:

Thank you!

Spoiler:
    Last edited by C.y.a.n; 18th May 2013 at 9:02 PM.

FCs:

Spoiler:- The Doctor's Name. Spoilers.:
    [CYTUS]
    ICE - L
    eyemedia - Bloody Purity
    xi - FREEDOM DiVE↓

Quote Originally Posted by Poetry View Post
        Spoiler:- The Doctor's Name. Spoilers.:
    I know it will be so hard to wait, like that was huge! #staystrong
        Spoiler:
    Last edited by C.y.a.n; 18th May 2013 at 9:09 PM.

FCs:

Yup! The wait will be UNBEARALBE. but it HAS to be worth it, plus, they are bringing the old doctors back for the anniversiry episode!!!! HELL YES!!!! there will even be actors for the ones that have died, not the best, but better than nothing #staystrong

Agression, Destruction.
    Meowstic is officially mine!

Credit to SM

Quote Originally Posted by epicjirachifan View Post
    Yup! The wait will be UNBEARALBE. but it HAS to be worth it, plus, they are bringing the old doctors back for the anniversiry episode!!!! HELL YES!!!! there will even be actors for the ones that have died, not the best, but better than nothing #staystrong
        Spoiler:

FCs:

so much awesomeness...and now we have to wait until 23rd November. i cannot cope with such a long wait, i must find out sooner.

Spoiler:- The name of the doctor:

Cyber Leader/Fitzy909
    The Doctor: 'People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually*
    from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff.'
    Credit to epicjirachifan, Chapter of Charizard FairyWitch and Astaral Shadow of the Under

Spoiler:- An idea:

Quote Originally Posted by The Joker. View Post
        Spoiler:- An idea:
    Love it despite I want it to be 10.5 and Rose

FCs:

To those with questions, I've done a bit of research and...

Spoiler:- If you've seen The Name of the Doctor:

But it's still not enough. For the love of god, give me answers!
    Last edited by Poetry; 18th May 2013 at 9:34 PM.
    [CYTUS]
    ICE - L
    eyemedia - Bloody Purity
    xi - FREEDOM DiVE↓

Quote Originally Posted by Poetry View Post
    To those with questions, I've done a bit of research and...

Spoiler:- If you've seen The Name of the Doctor:

But it's still not enough. For the love of god, give me answers!
        Spoiler:- reply:

Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast