Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: The Doctor Who Club v.4

HOLY MOTHER OF—

That is... beautiful. I cannot cope.

I'm just posting to remind everyone that the trailer will be available in seven hours (!) on the official website before its television debut. Additionally, SFX will be revealing something at midnight, though it seems, due to KingMinun's post, that it may have already leaked. I'm still going to stay up and hope for more, but I doubt it now.

That image is so amazing. Why do we have to wait a just over three weeks (!)? ;_;

-The Eleventh/Rory Williams

e: There's a larger version of that image here.

It's so good, it makes me cry.
    Last edited by The Eleventh; 2nd August 2012 at 1:02 AM.

Aaaaa.

Trying to find words. That image is amazing.

(even more largerer version of it here.)

Spoiler:- Words. On that image.:

The Eleventh's reaction to this pretty much sums up mine, too. Just... wow.

And if the epicness of that image is anything to go by, tomorrow's trailer is going to be mind-blowing. I'm actually planning to not watch it as soon as it becomes available online so that I can instead see it for the first time when it shows on BBC One in the evening. Seeing a trailer on the BBC is always one of the things that makes it really sink in for me that the new series is not far off, and I want that feeling in its full glory this time, too. =D

Though that said, that image has already got me massively hyped.

twenty four daaays~!

-elyvorg/Amelia
    .: Evolution is a battle .:. Something has to lose :.
    LOST EVOLUTION
    Chapter 33: Inside has been posted.

Foregone Conclusion
    Spinoff/prequel/backstory/thingy to Lost Evolution, written for NaNoWriMo 2010

Three Heads Are Better Than One

Okay guys I bring you a link to the new trailer for Series 7 part A!
    As usual, you've been warned, they contain spoilers!!!!! So please don't open unless you don't mind.
    So here's the epicness of the trailer!
        Spoiler:- Trailer:

This has gotten me super excited! August 25th! HERE WE COME

KingMinun/Martha Jones
    Sig deleted by Hydrohs. Read the sig rules.

Like elyvorg, I was planning on watching the trailer as it airs on BBC One. But, of course, I simply couldn't resist. I'll still be watching it later on, though.

Can I actually drop my usertitle of The Doctor? It's too much pressure having all eleven incarnations. xD I'll think of another one later.
    Claimed: Grovyle - November 10th, 2013
    Chapter 21 is up.

Griff4815: Sure.

Also, KingMinun, there's no need to use a spoiler tag if the only thing it's hiding is a link. Just make it clear what the link is to, so that choosing to click the link will be the equivalent of choosing to click a spoiler tag. It's not as if anyone will be spoiled by seeing a Youtube URL. =P

Yaaaaay trailer!

Spoiler:- Stuff from the trailer, with speculation and rambling:

It's a pretty awesome trailer. :3 I am so starting to get into the pre-series-anticipation frame of mind now. Whee!

twenty-three days to go!

-elyvorg/Amelia
    Last edited by elyvorg; 3rd August 2012 at 12:18 AM.
    LOST EVOLUTION

Foregone Conclusion

Spoiler:- Mindless fanboying:

Hm. That was shorter than it was originally going to be. I still can't wait for the series to start though.
    Claimed: Grovyle - November 10th, 2013
    Chapter 21 is up.

Quote Originally Posted by elyvorg View Post
    Griff4815: Sure.

Also, KingMinun, there's no need to use a spoiler tag if the only thing it's hiding is a link. Just make it clear what the link is to, so that choosing to click the link will be the equivalent of choosing to click a spoiler tag. It's not as if anyone will be spoiled by seeing a Youtube URL. =P

Yaaaaay trailer!

Spoiler:- Stuff from the trailer, with speculation and rambling:

It's a pretty awesome trailer. :3 I am so starting to get into the pre-series-anticipation frame of mind now. Whee!

twenty-three days to go!

-elyvorg/Amelia

Okay gotcha, just wanted to make sure that if you were clicking the trailer, you really really really were certain you wanted to see some of the new stuff and not have some stuff spoiled.

As for the trailer
        Spoiler:- Trailer and some River Song stuff:

EDIT: So an actor for the upcoming series 7 episodes has been announced. Richard E. Grant. I'm not familiar with his work, but he played the 9th Doctor in 2003 in an animated webisode series. And apparently also played the 9th Doctor in something else before being retconned and Christopher Eccleston being the 9th Doctor. This has had many Doctor Who fans raging because of a Twitter PR stunt in which an "iconic" cast member was to be announced. Richard E. Grant was revealed and fans are angry about the wording of the PR stunt and are even criticizing R.E.G's work because of it, talk about over-reacting. But nonetheless, no details of who he is playing, or what he's doing have been revealed. I think he could be playing Clara's father, grandfather, uncle, some sort of family member. It'd be nice to have one of the companions with a father and not a mother this time. Rose and Donna both lost their fathers, it would be nice to have a change and have Clara and her father. But yeah, that's just who I think he'll be.

06/08/2012 EDIT: So today, I went to watch some filming, however, it was an inside shoot, however, I did see Richard E. Grant. And a car pulled up, and inside was someone underneath a big purple hoody who was rushed into the building, so it has left us wondering who was under there. At the end of the day, Matt Smith came out of the building, hopped into the car, and as they drove off, they stopped right in front of me and a few others, i was stood right in the front of everyone, and Matt put his hand up, and waved! I almost fainted :P Twas an awesome day.

KingMinun/ Martha Jones
    Last edited by KingMinun; 6th August 2012 at 10:26 PM.

Why do you like Doctor Who?
    Now being caught up with the modern series, I can still honestly say that there is so much to like. I like the heroes, the Doctor, his companions (for the most part), and the incidental heroes that pop-up from time to time. And I like the monsters, they’re often the sort of monsters that don’t seem very scary, until weeks later when your alone in the dark and think you see the reflection off a Dalek’s eyestalk. And obviously I love whole concept of a spaceship that can go anywhere looking like a wooden police box, because the Doctor was to busy picking up temporal hitchhikers and saving the human race to bother fixing it. Then of course there’s the looks on people’s face when they watch it, you can see the gears turning, ’cause they’re fascinated.

Who’s your favourite Doctor?
    The 10th Doctor is still my favorite I think. I like all the regenerations I’ve encountered. But he’s a little more mature and rational than 11, still if you don’t have dementia at 903, you’re probably not going to get it. (Speaking of irrational, which regeneration do you suppose it was that threw the T.A.R.D.I.S.’s instruction manual into a supernova? As mentioned by 11.) I’ve also been reading “Empire of Broken Glass”, and I must say I rather adore the 1st Doctor’s feigning senility whenever it was convenient not to have to talk about something, ‘Oh that? Ah, I don’t remember.’ The younger Doctors just can’t get away with that, but it’s cute when the older Doctors do.

Desired character title?
    Sally Sparrow
    (Though if I ever get a chance to Doctor Who cosplay somewhere, I’d probably go as Miss Foster.)
    Blog: Problematic Paranormal Files | Twitter: @CleverKraken

(Psssssttt... hey, you, yah you, HOLIDAYS2014 - gets you 10% off $15+ in my shop ^ )

Today's Fact: Angry shellfish harvesters used to cut up starfish they found eating their shellfish. A starfish can regenerate from any piece that contains a reasonable portion of the starfish's core (some species only need part of an arm). I'll let you figure out the result.

I just took good look at the new trailer, and I'll now speculate (be warned, these "speculations" are the result of over-analysing small details and running with the results. It's fun).

Spoiler:- Rambling:

Also,

That’s what interests me about the Doctor because, actually, look at the blood on the man’s hands. Nine hundred years, countless very selfish choices, and he’s literally blown planets up. His own race, you know, that’s all on his hands. Which is why I think he has to make silly jokes and wear a fez. Because if he didn’t, he’d hang himself.
    I'd forgotten about that quote. Seems kind of odd exploring this after David Tennant's doctor, but that oddness just gets assimilated by the implications it has on regeneration. Resolved guilt gets resurfaced, and this makes sense, because a new man needs new ways to cope.

Although when I said dark side, I meant a more Seventh Doctor kind of dark. But comparing the current Doctor and the Seventh gives an interesting contrast. On the one hand, we have a whimsical Doctor who hides an angry yet guilty side, and on the other, we have a whimsical Doctor who is actually very manipulative. And I wouldn't be making this comparison if it weren't for the Dreamlord, a highly manipulative dark side of the Doctor. And to top it all off, the old series was cancelled during the Seventh Doctor's run. Wherever they were going with that is still up in the air, and what better place than in the Doctor's second to last regeneration.

I'm going to bed now.
    Last edited by Wasarym; 10th August 2012 at 6:12 AM.
    I lost my DSi with my Black version in it.
    3DS FC: 0774-4658-6515 If you wanna' swap, tell me on my profile page.

I'm a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Click the link to learn more.

Welcome, VampirateMace.

Well, it seems Doctor Who may not be airing on 25th August, as previously thought. Doctor Who Magazine has been delayed until 30th August/7th September (a precise date hasn't been issued), and it features a preview of the first few episodes. It's worth pointing out that the delay has nothing to do with the series itself; the magazine missed its allocated printing times. However, there hasn't been much of a fuss made about this, so it seems Asylum of the Daleks won't be broadcast until after the 30th. Besides, an air date hasn't been announced yet, and I doubt they'd leave it this late if it were to be shown in ten days' time. Oh well.

Moving onto more exciting news, the first episode was screened tonight at the BFI (which means spoilers are out there! Aaah! Must. Avoid.). An SFX reporter tweeted, "Utterly blown away by 'Asylum Of The Daleks'. Strongest season opener yet. Epic, heart-punching, hilarious... and sneaky." I can't wait! Why are the BBC so evil? D: Also, the opening credits have been updated. There's a "revamped logo, no more swooshy cast credits [and] new typography." I presume the new logo is this one, which has featured on merchandise and media, such as DWM. The only change is the placement of the "DW" TARDIS. I find it rather pointless; I much preferred the previous one. I'm interested in seeing how the lack of "swooshy cast credits" will work; they've been like that for a long time.

The titles of Episodes Four and Five have also been confirmed.

Spoiler:- Titles:

e: Ooh! A date has actually been announced. I've just come across it. Asylum of the Daleks shall air on BBC One on 1st September. That means there are only two more Who-less Saturdays. Molto bene!

Wow, this is weird. Series 7 Part 1 will air only in September (there are five Saturdays). One series in one month. Strange. So we'll have to wait through October, November and most of December for the Christmas Special. That's not too bad. After all, we've just endured over eight months of no Who. ;_;
    Last edited by The Eleventh; 15th August 2012 at 12:40 AM.

Thumbs up

Okay, so I haven't had much Who talk in ages. So I'll join the club again!

Why do you like Doctor Who?
    I find there are many reasons to like Doctor Who. Firstly it's just a hell of a lot of fun. Bowties, cool hats, time travel, I'm really one for all of those things. Next, this applies especially to Moffat's Who, it's especially silly, but serious at the same time. It always starts out joke-y when the Doctor, Amy and Rory leave the TARDIS. Then it becomes more and more meaningful. And everyone the Doctor meets is either A) better for it or B) dead. And another thing I love are the monsters/aliens. Y'all know I love to fear the Weeping Angels, and also the Silence. They give you a heck of a fright. Oh, and also the characters. All of them are better off for knowing the Doctor (except for Donna, poor Donna). Is that enough reasons?
    Who's your favourite Doctor?
    Well my first Doctor (Ten) is always awesome. He's always the one who has to make the hard decisions, and Tennant is also a really good actor. But I also like Eleven now. He's just awesome and wacky but still very complex. So yeah, love 'em both.
    Desired character title?
    Weeping Angel. Favorite monster of mine.

TBH I haven't been following DW much since last series. Honestly I haven't been watching it much (like re-watching). But I'm gonna try to find the new series online so I can watch it with y'all and then speculate. But I feel this series, unlike last series, won't have as much speculation. I mean last time we had "who is River?", "who are the silence?" and in general there was a big build-up to an awesome series finale. This time I think it's not gonna be like that at all (just a feeling).

I'll start posting some stuff once I read through like every single thing y'all have posted since the club started (I need to catch up!).
    ┓┏ 凵 =╱⊿┌┬┐

Ah, the bottom of the 2nd page, that was close. So I'm super excited now with the trailers, posters and with it being just around the corner. Once again, I went to filming last week which again was nearby me, Matt and Jenna are constantly rushed into the buildings to film, it gets annoying, and to make it worse, the same group of people turn up with their huge cameras trying to take pictures of every little detail and standing in other people's way to get photos, and then to make it worse, they post them on the internet trying to get as many views as possible and then leak the story to others, spoiling it, and I turn up to filming shoots, but don't pay attention to what's going on because I don't want to spoil it, but they turn up with the intention to spoil it for others, where as I only go to meet the cast and to get a picture and autograph with them. Gah these guys really annoy me, and they stand there talking really loudly about what the stories are, without a care for the rest of us, they spoiled a story for series 7 for me a few days ago, its just really annoyed me and ruined the experience of going to watch filming. But yeah I ranted.....

In other news, it looks like the UK airdate is either 1st September or the 8th instead, where as the US release date is the 8th apparently according to some trailer, which if this is true, is kinda annoying that the US get a confirmed airdate before the UK.

And also in other news, Rory has finally got a figure. The Rory Williams action figure comes out next month.
    http://merchandise.thedoctorwhosite....medium=twitter
    The hair is a little off in my opinion.

And finally, I'm booked for my trip next month, my 3 night stay in Birmingham (not abroad ) at the Hilton. Why? There's a Doctor Who convention there of course, and so far its guests are David Tennant, the lady who plays Trinity Wells (the US news reporter in the Doctor Who and its spin offs), one of the cavemen from the very first serial "An Unearthly Child" and a writer for Doctor Who (Fires of Pompeii) and Torchwood (Sleeper). I'm very excited, and I'm hoping they get Freema to come along, I've bought a silver ticket which means I get a photo and autograph with all the guests which means.... I GET A PHOTO WITH DAVID TENNANT! MY DOCTOR!!!!! and his autograph too, but I already have that.

In other Doctor Who related news:
    Russell T Davies' new tv show is due to air around October, "Wizards Vs Aliens" so be sure to look out for that (And look out for me in it, as an extra who stands right behind the main cast in one scene)
    And Russell T Davies is working on a show for Cbeebies, its half live action and half film, the story is about an old man who tells his grandchildren and friends stories about when he was a child, the show stars Bernard Cribbins (Wilfred Mott) as the main character and Freema Agyeman (Martha Jones) who is the supporting lead.

And that's all the news I know for now.

So the series isn't starting in August after all. :< Hopefully it'll be September 1st instead, then. (At least this makes me feel slightly less bad about the fact I've kind of failed to post in here for over two weeks. D: )

VampirateMace: Welcome back. Nice to hear you've caught up with everything; I almost envy you having been able to see all those episodes for the first time. Now you can participate in discussion without having to worry about spoilers or not knowing what we're talking about, too.

kjt: Welcome back to you, too. I remember you being a pretty awesome contributor back when you were around in the old club. Hopefully you can find a way to watch the new series at the same time as us so you can keep up with our discussion! Though you're right that there'll probably be less to speculate on this time around. It seems series 7 is less about complex mystery and more about big, mad, movie-poster concepts for individual episodes. (Just look at the title of episode 2.) But still. I hope you enjoy it here!

Quote Originally Posted by KingMinun View Post
    In fact, part of me thinks that's when we see her first meet the Doctor, for the 50th anniversary...
    Huh? We've already seen when River first meets the Doctor - remember Let's Kill Hitler? They're not actually going in exactly opposite directions, despite how she's described it.

EDIT: So an actor for the upcoming series 7 episodes has been announced. Richard E. Grant. [...] But nonetheless, no details of who he is playing, or what he's doing have been revealed. I think he could be playing Clara's father, grandfather, uncle, some sort of family member.
    Actually...

Spoiler:- Richard E. Grant's character:

Quote Originally Posted by Wasarym View Post
        Spoiler:- Reply:

Although when I said dark side, I meant a more Seventh Doctor kind of dark. But comparing the current Doctor and the Seventh gives an interesting contrast. On the one hand, we have a whimsical Doctor who hides an angry yet guilty side, and on the other, we have a whimsical Doctor who is actually very manipulative.
    I can't really comment on this as I don't know the Seventh Doctor myself, although I have heard about how he can often be quite the manipulative chessmaster type. But... surely he's only ever manipulative in ways that he knows will eventually end well for the people he cares about? For example, I read that once he was extremely cruel to Ace in order to break her faith in him, because this was the only way to save her life in a situation similar to The God Complex. So his actions may seem cold on the outside but ultimately he does them because he cares... right?

Not entirely sure where I'm going with this. I think what I'm trying to say is that, personally, I don't think there is anything ultimately wrong with the Doctor telling lies that are part of his plan and will eventually benefit people, whereas lies he tells simply because, emotionally, he doesn't want to admit the truth are not so good. And I don't really know about the Seventh Doctor, but the Eleventh Doctor tends to do a lot of the latter kind of lying. (Or at least he did up until The God Complex. We'll see soon if he can keep up his more recent honest form.)

Something like that. This still isn't me trying to argue against what you said or anything; I'm just having a ramble.

...and what better place than in the Doctor's second to last regeneration.
    Haha, do you really think that the show is going to be over once the Doctor gets to the end of his thirteenth incarnation? =P Steven Moffat's often said in interviews that if it ever comes to that, they'll deal with it using the writers' "emergency protocol": they'll make something up!

Quote Originally Posted by The Eleventh View Post
    There's a "revamped logo, no more swooshy cast credits [and] new typography."
    D:

This makes me sad. I liked that there were swooshy cast credits!

Also, yay titles!

Spoiler:- Episode 4's title:

Aside from the titles, there's been a slow trickle of new stuff coming in. There's this teaser trailer for Asylum of the Daleks, which isn't much but does have one rather interesting thing in it.

Spoiler:- Dalek teaser trail:

Then there's a gallery of images from the half-series in general. Most of them don't really show us anything we haven't seen in trailers, but there was one that caught my eye.
        Spoiler:- Images:

Plus a gallery specific to Asylum, which again isn't telling us much plotwise, but oh my god the Doctor is clearly going to be put through the whole gamut of emotions in this episode and why isn't it September yet. Aaaa.

I also found a couple of interviews with the cast and stuff like that, but nothing that really gave too much juicy info - just some general stuff about how these five episodes are going to focus a lot on the Ponds, understandably. There was also Matt Smith offhandedly mentioning that the Doctor is 900-odd years old while describing him, which caught me off-guard - isn't he at least 1103 now? But that was probably just Matt not really thinking too hard and being so used to saying the Doctor is 900 because he was until recently. That said, it could turn out to be the case that the Doctor was lying when he claimed to be 1103 (and that the writer who seemingly confirmed the 194-year gap was also lying/didn't know better), but I kind of hope not because god dammit Doctor I know you lie a lot but I've spent so long believing this one to be the truth and gah.

In one of the interviews, I also particularly liked this:

Interviewer: In one word, can you describe the Doctor?
    Steven Moffat: *pauses, thinks for a moment* ...No.

Isn't that just so very true? =D (When Matt Smith was asked the same question, he came up with "Alien", which probably is the most accurate way to describe the Doctor if you can only use a single word.)

~11 days to go, hopefully really properly this time!~

-elyvorg/Amelia
    LOST EVOLUTION

Foregone Conclusion

Yep, it's nice to know what we're talking about.

I took it for fact that the doctor was 1103 at Lake Silencio... and the 903 year old one returned later that episode... but now that I see those two numbers together, yeah, isn't the most convincing the lie the one closest to the truth? And as River says, "Rule #1, the Doctor lies."

Okay... so far from recent, but did anyone else notice that in the background of "The Long Game" the newscaster announced that the Face of Boe was pregnant? Are we ever going to see his kid?

(Psssssttt... hey, you, yah you, HOLIDAYS2014 - gets you 10% off $15+ in my shop ^ )

Today's Fact: Angry shellfish harvesters used to cut up starfish they found eating their shellfish. A starfish can regenerate from any piece that contains a reasonable portion of the starfish's core (some species only need part of an arm). I'll let you figure out the result.

My mind is overloading with excitement, so please excuse—

OH MY GOD, IT'S STARTING ON 1ST SEPTEMBER!

Major yay. Asylum will be broadcast at 19:20, which is an exceptionally perfect time. That means September shall indeed be Doctor Who month, and that we've only got one more Who-less Saturday. Molto bene.

Spoiler:- Richard E. Grant's character:

Speaking of Clara, her background has become apparent. For those who wish to know... (This only reveals the time period she hails from.)

Spoiler:

Spoiler:- Planet:

Also, yay titles!
    The titles will also feature logos unique to each episode, it seems. Instead of the usual title written in plain font, we'll be treated with custom... things. Like, for Dinosaurs, the title could be in a scaly font. That sort of thing.

Anyway, I just bought SFX magazine and it features an interview with Moffat. I hope there'll be something of note in there. DWM should also be out soon.

Quote Originally Posted by VampirateMace View Post
    Okay... so far from recent, but did anyone else notice that in the background of "The Long Game" the newscaster announced that the Face of Boe was pregnant? Are we ever going to see his kid?
    Jack sure gets around.

-The Eleventh/Rory Williams.

e:

Spoiler:- Images:
        Spoiler:

A series of five prequels have also been announced, named Pond Life. Some fans actually used that as a title for a potential Amy and Rory spin-off series, I recall. Anyway, one prequel will be posted online everyday from Monday. They'll detail Amy and Rory's life in between their trips in the TARDIS. It's strange how the two alternate between normal life and travelling in the TARDIS at random intervals...

Which brings me onto this new trailer released by BBC America. I want to watch it a few more times before commenting properly, but...

Ten days of agony left!
    Last edited by The Eleventh; 22nd August 2012 at 5:36 PM.

Exciting news! (Well, I'm excited. You all should be too. :B)

...oh, so it looks like The Eleventh mentioned it first in an edit to his post, but yes! Pond Life!

Spoiler:- Really minor spoilers for its premise:

Article about it, and Karen and Arthur discussing it.

Seriously. There are no words for how happy this makes me. All along in the lead-up to this series I've wanted there to be some kind of addressing of how and why Amy and Rory are still travelling with the Doctor despite everything, and this is clearly going to be an excellent source of that. I've occasionally dared to hope that these issues might have been addressed in a prequel to the first episode, a bit like the Doctor-featuring prequels we've seen before - but a five-part mini-series is just way, way more than I could ever have imagined. And recently the little short instalments such as the prequels or the DVD bonus scenes have been amazing and adorable and packing in so much fun charactery stuff for their short length that I'm completely expecting Pond Life to be no exception and for me to love it just as much as I do those other extra scenes. I can barely wait until next Monday now.

Spoiler:- And back to minor premise-spoilers:

Also, wow, that American trailer is pretty damn amazing. I too may be back later once I've come up with something more coherent to say about it.

Ten days until the Asylum, but only five days until we see the Ponds again! Aaaaaa. :3

-elyvorg/Amelia
    LOST EVOLUTION

Foregone Conclusion

The BBC released a new trailer this morning for Asylum.

The trailer gives away more of the story's premise.

Spoiler:- Basic plot outline:

Yay for an Asylum trailer that tells us a lot more than the last one did!

Spoiler:- New Asylum trailer:

I like that the trailer uses The Majestic Tale (of a Madman in a Box) as its music. =D That piece really is meant for the Doctor's general awesomeness and not just that one scene in Day of the Moon.

Meanwhile, I've been gathering a few things about Pond Life recently...

Spoiler:- More Pond Life premise ramblings:

Aaand some coherent (meaning: long and rambly) thoughts about the BBC America trailer.

Spoiler:- American trailer rambles:

Where's everyone gone, by the way? There's a whole load of trailers and exciting stuff to discuss now, and the series is only a week away. Join in!

~a week until the Daleks, two days until the Ponds!~

-elyvorg/Amelia
    LOST EVOLUTION

Foregone Conclusion

I haven't even seen this trailer (and I can't so long as I'm pretending to do homework!). But I definietly will later; I'm totally excited!

I think I've found a way that I'll watch the new series with y'all: I'll find a livestream and watch it (hopefully someone will be live streaming it). Thankfully it airs on Saturday, because with the difference in time zones I probably couldn't watch on a weekday (damned school!).

I think I'm gonna miss the overall arc-y-ness of last season. In fact, I'm gonna miss the arc-y-ness of all of Moffat's Who. Series five had the big bang, with clues throughout the series (all those cracks in time + TARDIS pieces); series six had "who are the silence" and River Song too. I hope the no-overarching plot thing is a total lie . . . but it seems the cliffhanger of this season is Amy and Rory's departure Which I’m dreading.

But this “Pond Life” is a plus!
    ┓┏ 凵 =╱⊿┌┬┐

I'm excited for the new season, but no Arc? How does that work in Doctor Who? It's time travel, everything is relevant to everything else.

Anyone else find the "-blank- of Doctor Who" specials disappointing? I've watched a couple, but it's mostly people making obvious or bland comments on things we already know. No speculation or extra information, and the in the Science special they explained how forward time travel IS possible, then give time travel a 3/5 for plausablity. What? You proved it in at least one direction, can't you bother to give it a 4?

Tuesday before a series begins to air! This means there is a Radio Times with all its usual synopsisy goodness about all the episodes in this half-series. This one has me very, very excited. :3

Spoiler:- Radio Times:

An arc this half-series? I admittedly still doubt there will be much of a plotty arc, but reading the Radio Times has very much given me the impression that there's going to be a big charactery kind of arc. I for one am very, very much looking forward to such a thing.

And as part of this arc, Pond Life has been happening! It is wonderful.

Spoiler:- Pond Life - April:

Spoiler:- Pond Life - May:

I knew I'd love this. :3 The series itself hasn't even started yet but already this is making me so, so happy.

Meanwhile, I've been playing piece-together-a-scene-from-multiple-trailers and I've found a little bit more context for that one exchange in A Town Called Mercy.
        Spoiler:- Mercy and guns:

Four more days. I am going to love this half-series so much.

-elyvorg/Amelia
    LOST EVOLUTION

Foregone Conclusion

When I first heard about the pond life prequels I thought that they were going to be all boring and such, but I'm actually really enjoying them! Especially today's (June I believe?) with the ood on the loo, it was fairly stupid but I definately laughed uncontrollably for atleast a minute...

Ooh and asylum is so close I just can't even stand it! It's always those last few days that are impossible! I'm going over to my friends house and were baking a TARDIS cake so hopefully that turns out well... I'm actually fairly scared for this season though... I rewatched doomsday from season two for about the billionth time today, and definately relived some emotional trauma there... I swear every companion (besides Martha only because it was so... Casual?) leaving just makes me so much more upset then it should, and I doubt the ponds will be an exception... GAHHHHH ANGLES TAKE MANHATTEN CAN JUST STAY IN THE BBC SECRET FILES OR WHATEVER FOREVER I DON'T WANT IT TO EXIST BLEHHHH.

Just watched Pond Life (you know, the first three episodes) and loved it. Wish it was a bit longer, but loved it. It's wacky, but it's also refreshing to see Amy and Rory again, especially considering the lack of actual-Amy and actual-Rory we say in the last three episodes (Closing Time = cameo, TWORS = alternate universe, mostly, and the christmas special = only at the end).

I'm going to try to remain spoiler free this series, but at the same time wish me luck in finding a live stream to the first episode on Saturday!

And also wish me luck because there's no way in hell I'm gonna be able to do a physics project in one night. If only I had a TARDIS! Speaking of projects I'm using Doctor Who as one of my texts for an english report. The connection between texts I'm doing is companionship, and well the doctor's companions are actually called companions. But mostly I'm focusing on Doctor/Amy (I would do a rewatch of the last two series for it but you know haven't bought the DVDs!).

And that's all the pointless I'm gonna post
    ┓┏ 凵 =╱⊿┌┬┐

I know, right? Isn't Pond Life just so delightful and funny, even though it's kind of short? =D

In fact, despite that it's short, I like how it gives enough of an implication that what we're seeing is by no means all of the shenanigans that have been going on, making it fun to imagine what else might have been happening in the Ponds' life that we haven't got to see.

Spoiler:- Pond Life - June:

Spoiler:- Pond Life - July:

And I'm particularly looking forward to the final instalment tomorrow, because apparently there's going to be some kind of epic cliffhanger in it, so that should be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Pansy :] View Post
    I'm actually fairly scared for this season though... I rewatched doomsday from season two for about the billionth time today, and definately relived some emotional trauma there... I swear every companion (besides Martha only because it was so... Casual?) leaving just makes me so much more upset then it should, and I doubt the ponds will be an exception... GAHHHHH ANGLES TAKE MANHATTEN CAN JUST STAY IN THE BBC SECRET FILES OR WHATEVER FOREVER I DON'T WANT IT TO EXIST BLEHHHH.
    Aww, but we can't not see the episode! Yes, it's going to break our hearts, but if we never saw it, then at Christmas we'd just suddenly find ourselves watching Doctor Who with the Ponds not there and the Doctor all kinds of heartbroken and we'd never know why. That would be even worse, surely? We have to be brave. *nodnod*

(Well, actually, I'm personally not scared for the Angel episode at all because I'm one of those people who genuinely likes having their heart broken by fiction, but.)

Also, a TARDIS cake sounds awesome. Good luck with that. :3

Quote Originally Posted by kjt View Post
    Speaking of projects I'm using Doctor Who as one of my texts for an english report. The connection between texts I'm doing is companionship, and well the doctor's companions are actually called companions. But mostly I'm focusing on Doctor/Amy (I would do a rewatch of the last two series for it but you know haven't bought the DVDs!).
    That's... wow. I actually really envy you! You have a valid reason to go all overanalytical on something in Doctor Who for an English project. How I wish I ever had an opportunity like that back when I still had English classes. I'm sure you'll have fun with it! Companionship is such a good topic, too, especially focusing on the Doctor and Amy. They are adorable together and have a really fascinating relationship.

(and, you know, if you ever need someone to look up scenes from the episodes that you don't have access to, then I'd be perfectly happy to do that and maybe also ramble a bit myself to give you ideas on what to talk about. Because I totally don't just want an excuse to ramble more about the Doctor and Amy. >.> <.<)

Remember how, about a month ago, when the series anticipation was only just starting to build, they released a really awesome image for Asylum of the Daleks? Well, now they've done the same for the other four episodes. Except these are really less "images" and more "movie posters". They're awesome. Steven Moffat really wasn't kidding when he said he wanted this series to have episodes with big, mad, movie-poster concepts.

Spoiler:- Rambles on a couple of those posters:

Sometime later on when I'm back at university and being a geeky student again, I may have to see if I can find myself actual poster versions of at least one of these for my room. As beautiful as my poster of Vincent's painting "The Pandorica Opens" is, I'm kind of used to seeing it by now.

Two days! Two days.

-elyvorg/Amelia
    LOST EVOLUTION

Foregone Conclusion

Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast