Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: The Doctor Who Club v.4

Ahh... now I got to watch Pond Life!

@Pansy :] - Yeah, Martha's leaving wasn't as tragic, it was just, 'I'm sick of this, I'm done.' But I wasn't really upset about losing Rose either... I didn't want Donna to go though, and now I don't want the Ponds to either. Maybe Craig can get a ride it the T.A.R.D.I.S. sometime? I don't really see him sticking around for a whole season, as he doesn't really like traveling, but if he's late or something.

Lol... Rory's expression on the Power of 3 poster, what is that emotion? Are there real posters of these four avalible?
    Blog: Problematic Paranormal Files | Twitter: @CleverKraken

(Psssssttt... hey, you, yah you, HOLIDAYS2014 - gets you 10% off $15+ in my shop ^ )

Merry Christmas, Happy Chanukah, and/or Joyous Kwanzaa!
    (Or whatever else you may celebrate.)

Spoiler:- the movie posters and what may happen to Amy and Rory:

I'm about to watch Pond Life #4 . . . and watched it and ahaha that was nice. I just like the antics of having an Ood in the house

And yes elyvorg, it's awesome to be able to do it on Doctor Who. I did the same assessment last year (well it was an easier version) and half of the texts I used were fanfics from the forums (When The Grave Calls and Lurking In The Shadows: Lisa's Ultimate Adventure). For some reason this year we're required to look into what makes successful texts successful (aka we've got to use movies, published book, etc). I'm sure it's just a plan to foil my use of fanfiction :O But no I could never accept your help because that would be cheating. And more importantly it would be wrong. Very wrong.

Only one day left asdfghjkl;
    ┓┏ 凵 =╱⊿┌┬┐

Quote Originally Posted by VampirateMace View Post
    Ahh... now I got to watch Pond Life!

@Pansy :] - Yeah, Martha's leaving wasn't as tragic, it was just, 'I'm sick of this, I'm done.' But I wasn't really upset about losing Rose either... I didn't want Donna to go though, and now I don't want the Ponds to either. Maybe Craig can get a ride it the T.A.R.D.I.S. sometime? I don't really see him sticking around for a whole season, as he doesn't really like traveling, but if he's late or something.

Lol... Rory's expression on the Power of 3 poster, what is that emotion? Are there real posters of these four avalible?
    Martha leaving wasn't really "I'm sick of this, I'm leaving" it was "My family have been through hell, and they need me, so I can't travel". And I was the most devastated with her leaving, probably because I'm a huge fan and her speech is really moving. As for Rose, I was originally devastated by it but the start of series 3 I was like "meh, moving on"

And I'm off to the convention next week with David Tennant, I'm very excited they've got such a great guest list, Clive from the episode Rose, (also plays Chalkie in Waterloo Road), Mels Pond, Jake from the Parallel universe, Pete Tyler, K-9, the american newsreporter Trinity Wells, Jamie McCrimmon from Classic Who, and Jeremy Young from Classic Who. But the one I'm most excited about is Anthony Head from School Reunion a.k.a. Rupert Giles from Buffy! Still waiting to see if they will allow me onto the press list, if they do, I'd love to have some questions from all of you guys when I interview them, that's if I get on the press list though.

And finally, just 1 more day till the new episode, unfortunately I'm working but I've got it on record ready to watch countless times on Sunday. And as for Pond Life     Spoiler:- Pond Life:

KingMinun/Martha Jones
    Sig deleted by Hydrohs. Read the sig rules.

Just stopping by (I'm so lazy) to say that Pond Life is brilliant. The last episode is easily the best.

Spoiler:- Pond Life, ep 5:

I'm now looking forward to A Town Called Mercy the most. I was slightly apprehensive (I really don't know why), but recently I've become very interested in it. From reading synopses in the RT and DWM, the plot is highly appealing.

Spoiler:- Thin outline of ATCM; may have been mentioned already:

Also, the Nerdist YouTube channel will be supplying a range of Who videos, beginning today, until Sunday. The most exciting one is today's, as it will feature Matt, Karen, Arthur and the Moff (heh) playing bowling. How cool is that?

Time to take in the moment... Because Doctor Who returns tomorrow! Molto bene!!!

-The Eleventh/Rory Williams

e: Karen's on The One Show tonight at seven. Watch!
    Last edited by The Eleventh; 31st August 2012 at 2:19 PM.

Prequels. Why are the prequels with the Doctor in them always heartbreaking? (I love that they keep being this way!)

Spoiler:- Pond Life - August:

Did I mention that I knew I would love Pond Life? Because I knew I would love Pond Life. It's been amazing. I'm so happy that it happened. =D

Are there real posters of these four avalible?
    I doubt there are quite yet, since the images were only revealed at midnight yesterday morning. I'd be very surprised if there won't be sooner or later though, since after all they'd be perfect as actual posters.

Quote Originally Posted by kjt View Post
        Spoiler:- the movie posters and what may happen to Amy and Rory:
        Spoiler:- Reply:

Spoiler:- My own thoughts on the Ponds' possible fate, mentioning vague Radio Times synopsisy info:

But no I could never accept your help because that would be cheating. And more importantly it would be wrong. Very wrong.
    Okay, fair enough. ;] But rambling back and forth about things in Doctor Who just for the sake of rambling about them would be fun and should happen more often, right? ...though that would probably be better happening in between-series downtimes when we don't already have loads to talk about.

Something that occurred to me recently: Remember Amy killing Kovarian in cold blood in the alternate universe? Remember how this was something of a hanging plot thread because she said she kind of wanted to talk to the Doctor about it? Well, I reckon that if that conversation is going to happen in any episode, it'll probably be A Town Called Mercy.     Spoiler:- Will reference that one exchange from the trailers:

(The Eleventh: Totally agree with you about this episode. Well, okay, I think I'm still looking forward to 4 or 5 even more, but still. It's sounding so damn intriguing!)

Incidentally, while I was making this post, I got distracted by the Daleks hijacking the official Doctor Who Twitter feed. Yeah. That happened. (By which I mean *snerk*.)

~tomorroooooooow!~

-elyvorg/Amelia
    .: Evolution is a battle .:. Something has to lose :.
    LOST EVOLUTION
    Chapter 33: Inside has been posted.

Foregone Conclusion
    Spinoff/prequel/backstory/thingy to Lost Evolution, written for NaNoWriMo 2010

Three Heads Are Better Than One

I just watched those Pond Life things. They were cute and fun... and also whetted my appetite for the new series. I found it hilariously adorable that Rory has a lunch box. xD

I'm also wondering what's going on in the last episode... Hm... (Well, I know what looks like is going on, but I don't know what it is in the context of the actual show, so...) At any rate, it looks sad. And I hope that doesn't actually happen since Rory and Amy are awesome. D:

But yeah, can't wait for tomorrowwww!
    Claimed: Grovyle - November 10th, 2013
    Chapter 21 is up.

Joining...

Why do you like doctor who?
    The concept, the sci-fi nature of it, the comedic and dramatic elements. The fantasy technology is all interesting to me aswell as the ludicrous science. The characters in it are also always well developed and you find yourself really interested in them. I just find it a mix of all my favourite elements in a televison program. I started watching doctor who in 2005 with the new series, because my dad is a massive fan of the older series. I was a little sceptical at first but then I began to love it. Since then I have watched some of the older series and am now involved with helping my brother deliver Tardis and Dalek replicas to events that want them. Ever since I started watching it in 2005, I haven't missed an episode, the writing that was done by R.T.D and is now done by Steven Moffat is just great.

Who's your favourite doctor?
    David Tennant. He brought such energy and drama to the program and always gave a great perfomance. Second to him, Tom Baker. The scarf. Also can I say my favourite assistant was/is Amy Pond, she's nice and I've met her.

Anyway, today I went to see the filming of "The one show" on which Karen Gillan was a guest. I was there because me and my brother were delivering a dalek replica to the BBC and they let us watch the filming! Afterwards we got to hang out with Karen Gillan, and she was so cool and nice to the fans.

Also, one of the daleks in the upcoming asylum episode was provided for by my brother as he runs a replica Tardis and Dalek hire company thing.
    Last edited by The Joker.; 1st September 2012 at 7:17 PM.
    The most Superior Snivy. Left, good time here though. I loved this place.

*pterodactyl noise* I went over my tumblr post limit :O So I can't post my theory on tumblr (of course I'll post it here):

Spoiler:- Amy and Rory's departure:

Also, about Pond Life:

Spoiler:- Pond Life:

Also it looks like someone's gonna livestream Asylum of the Daleks so I'll probably be watching it with y'all
    ┓┏ 凵 =╱⊿┌┬┐

Quote Originally Posted by KingMinun View Post
    Martha leaving wasn't really "I'm sick of this, I'm leaving" it was "My family have been through hell, and they need me, so I can't travel". And I was the most devastated with her leaving, probably because I'm a huge fan and her speech is really moving. As for Rose, I was originally devastated by it but the start of series 3 I was like "meh, moving on"
    Well, to be fair, I was implying those details on the first part, "I'm sick of this (being in danger and my family being in danger)" but yeah, 'I can't go' fits better than 'I'm leaving you'.

Spoiler:- Angel Poster:
    Last edited by VampirateMace; 1st September 2012 at 6:15 AM.
    Blog: Problematic Paranormal Files | Twitter: @CleverKraken

(Psssssttt... hey, you, yah you, HOLIDAYS2014 - gets you 10% off $15+ in my shop ^ )

Merry Christmas, Happy Chanukah, and/or Joyous Kwanzaa!
    (Or whatever else you may celebrate.)

It's Saturday! :3

A general reminder to everyone in the club, since the series starts this evening (8D!): discussion of events in an episode that just aired needs to be kept spoilered until a week after its airdate. I don't mean to sound naggy; it's just that there were a few issues with this at the beginning of series 6 in the last club, so I'd rather be safe than sorry.

The Joker.: Eh... could you possibly add just a little bit more to your joining form before I let you join? You're almost there.

Spoiler:- Amy and Rory's departure:
    Ah, but we already know that Amy and Rory on the hill in The Hungry Earth can be rewritten. When Rory was erased in Cold Blood, suddenly there was just Amy on the hill, and there had only ever been Amy. So their presence there in 2020 in that episode tells us absolutely nothing about their future survival or possible lack thereof.

but we don't really know how [the Weeping Angels] reproduce (other than by images)
    ...you know, I've been thinking something along those lines recently myself. Could it be that Angels literally reproduce using images? All they'd have to do would be to get someone to draw/take a photo of them, or stand in front of a CCTV camera, or, heck, even a mirror might work. Then there'd be an image of an Angel, which would slowly grow into a new Angel. Brr. The Weeping Angels are so creepily abstract.

Then I suppose maybe this does mean that the image an Angel can leave in the vision centre of someone's mind also counts as reproduction, too. D:

When Karen appeared on The One Show last night, they showed a couple of short preview clips for Asylum of the Daleks! Which admittedly didn't really tell us anything plot-wise that we hadn't already seen in trailers, but still. One of them in particular I rather enjoyed, as it reminded me just how much the Doctor is terrified of the Daleks but is also really good at not letting it show. Oh, how I love a Dalek episode. And I get the feeling that this one in particular is going to become one of my favourite Dalek episodes. =D Not long to wait now!

~less than four hours!~

-elyvorg/Amelia
    LOST EVOLUTION

Foregone Conclusion

Quote Originally Posted by elyvorg View Post

The Joker.: Eh... could you possibly add just a little bit more to your joining form before I let you join? You're almost there.

When Karen appeared on The One Show last night, they showed a couple of short preview clips for Asylum of the Daleks! Which admittedly didn't really tell us anything plot-wise that we hadn't already seen in trailers, but still. One of them in particular I rather enjoyed, as it reminded me just how much the Doctor is terrified of the Daleks but is also really good at not letting it show. Oh, how I love a Dalek episode. And I get the feeling that this one in particular is going to become one of my favourite Dalek episodes. =D Not long to wait now!

~less than four hours!~

-elyvorg/Amelia
    I put some more in.

Also I was there and I too loved the trailers, I'm interested about what "make them remember you" means.
    The most Superior Snivy. Left, good time here though. I loved this place.

(I'm back!)

I fear its all got a bit silly.

Not the best opener, and it doesn't help that in the gap I've forgotten most of what happened last series and I can't ever take the daleks seriously ever.

It had its moments, but it wasn't too impressive overall.

Also, EGGS.

Edit: OK, I've just been reading the last page, it appears I've missed something. What's this "Pond Life" thing?

Edit2: Wait, this is a new version of the club? Do I have to rejoin from last time? Can I just copy/paste my joining reasons from last time?
    Last edited by Will-powered Spriter; 1st September 2012 at 9:24 PM.
    Will-Powered Spriter

Well, I absolutely loved that. So many emotions; my thoughts are incoherent after it. I just...

Spoiler:- Aslyum!:

Those are just my immediate... things ("thoughts" is too refined for the above rubbish).

Doctor Who is back!

-The Eleventh/Rory Williams

Oh, and WPS, you'll have to fill out the form again to rejoin.

Fiiine. I even rewrote it.

Why do you like Doctor Who?
    It's just cool. The thing about Doctor Who is its so many different things. It's time travel medium allows it to try out as many different genres as it likes, so it never gets old, and its got something for everyone. It has a nice deep canon if you want, but you rarely need to know the extended canon to enjoy the current episodes. Its something that's uniquely British and it's something I can watch with anyone.

I don't really keep up with it when its not on telly, hence why I'm so out the loop now. I used to be a more devoted fan but I've drifted away a bit. I tend to get my fill of Time Travel Shenanigans somewhere else at the moment. However, while its on I want to keep up and read theories and discuss mysteries and all that jazz,

Who's your favourite Doctor?
    David Tennant. I still haven't seen much of the classics (I'm a bad persooooonn.....), but out of the three I'm aquainted with, David's my favourite. He's the better actor, definitely, although I think Matt Smith had better written episodes.

Desired character title?
    Can I have Dalek Fred? (you know, the one Dalek that actually manages to shoot the doctor, back in the end of series 4)

Edit: Ooh, another thing from the recent episode. Did anyone notice any chains that were actually successful in their intended purpose of chaining things to other things?
    Last edited by Will-powered Spriter; 1st September 2012 at 10:49 PM.
    Will-Powered Spriter

Hey! Could I change my character from Weeping Angel to Oswin Oswald? I WANT THIS TITLE PLEASE.

Now onto Asylum of the Daleks. Oh yeah, I found a livestream (and the person is doing it for the rest of the series). Anyways:

Spoiler:- Asylum of the Daleks:

Oh and next week's episode looks cool
    ┓┏ 凵 =╱⊿┌┬┐

Claimed: Grovyle - November 10th, 2013
    Chapter 21 is up.

Will-powered Spriter: Hey, welcome back! I'm... kind of iffy about letting you have "Dalek Fred", though, because I'm restricting the custom-ness of the titles to titles that have been used for the character in-universe. Otherwise people could go mad with silly fan nicknames that are not remotely what the character is ever actually called. I don't mind the idea of letting you be that particular Dalek, but since it isn't actually called "Fred", you'd have to be something like "That one Dalek that shoots the Doctor in The Stolen Earth". Which is... kind of long-winded. Could you possibly choose something else, just to make this simpler for me? ^^;

Pond Life was a mini-series of prequels that showed throughout last week and gave us a sense of how Amy and Rory's lives have been since Christmas with the Doctor constantly popping in and stuff. They won't have as much of an impact as they originally did now that you've seen Asylum of the Daleks, but they're still worth finding and watching if you like the Doctor, Amy and Rory's relationship.

kjt: Okay, sure, you can have that character! =D

Well. I'd always kind of assumed that this series wouldn't have any big, mindblowing plot twisty stuff. It seemed like every episode, while having a mad and fun premise, would be fairly self-contained and not really able to have much connection to a larger plot arc.

But this is Steven Moffat we're talking about. Who the hell did I think I was kidding? =D

And even aside from all the long-winded rambling in the spoiler that this episode allowed me to do, it was also awesome just because it had that usual Moffaty cocktail of delightful clever humour and seriously creepy concepts and utterly awesome moments. Yes. :3

Spoiler:- Next Time:

There's also a different trailer for the next episode here. (UK-only link because I'm lazy; it'll probably be on Youtube somewhere, though.)

Yay, Doctor Who is happening! My life is currently as complete as it will ever feel. :3

-elyvorg/Amelia
    Last edited by elyvorg; 2nd September 2012 at 5:48 PM.
    LOST EVOLUTION

Foregone Conclusion

I only caught the last twenty minutes of last night's episode. I didn't realise it was September already.
    Some days you just can't force a smile. :<

Hello, remember me?

Why do you like Doctor Who?
    Doctor Who is a completely unique British institution. I think it is one of the defining pieces of British culture, a wonderful blend of humour, sci-fi, intelligence, and madness. I love how it has such a rich canon to it, but each episode is easily accessible to a non-fan. By definition, this is a show that will always remain contemporary, constantly re-inventing itself by bringing in a whole new protagonist (in a sense) that is fascinatingly new while retaining the rich history and mystique of his predecessors. I'm sure this formula plays a part in the longevity of the show.

Who's your favourite Doctor?
    Up until recently, I would have said Ten. But now I'm reconsidering my position. Ten was my first Doctor so I'm sure I look back on him with nostalgia, but when I go back and watch him I still love that Doctor. But Eleven is so fantastic. I love the alien-ness of Eleven in contrast to Ten's more human traits. I think I prefer the dynamic between Eleven and his companions (bow-ties are cool) that comes from his alien-ness (I love how that's a word in the spell-checker). And let's not forget the brilliant Nine, but he comes a close third. I'll say Ten, but I may reconsider my opinion when the end of Eleven comes around.

Desired character title?
    I believe I was either Wilf or Davros in the last club. Hmm... I'll go with Wilfred Mott for now, but I feel I'll change it by the end of this series.

I'll comment on Asylum of the Daleks once (I assume) I'm accepted.

Well, what can I say, not going to go into so much detail and all that, but I thought it was brilliant, I think it may have knocked Smith and Jones from my favourite series opener. And let's just say, Jack, Amy, Rory and Sarah Jane have all been knocked down a place on my favourite list to make place for a certain someone . But she's hasn't knocked Martha out of top spot.

Man, I'm off to watch it again for the 4th time.

KingMinun/Martha Jones
    Last edited by KingMinun; 2nd September 2012 at 5:48 PM.

The Joker.: Whoops, sorry! I totally forgot about you in my previous post! ^^; Now that you've added more, you're accepted. Welcome!

SoulSilverMstr11: Well, if you only saw the second half of the episode, then it's always on iPlayer if you wanted to see the rest that you missed (assuming you're in the UK, that is). Also, since this is a new version of the club, could you rejoin using the joining form, please? I'll accept the same one you used to join the old club if you want, but since that'll take some digging up it'll probably be easier to just rewrite from scratch.

Crasher: Of course I remember you! Welcome back. It's great to see a bunch of old faces coming out of the woodwork now that the series has properly begun. I look forward to your thoughts on the Asylum, because from what I remember you always have quite a bit to say about episodes. :3

I find it kind of odd that you'd only reconsider your opinion on the Eleventh Doctor once his run is over. It just seems a bit of a waste to potentially decide that he's your favourite Doctor only once you're never going to be seeing anything new from him again. Surely it's the most fun when your favourite Doctor happens to be the current one, and so you shouldn't deny yourself the possibility of having that? At least, that's what I think, but of course my opinion is not your opinion so ignore me if you think I'm talking rubbish. :x

KingMinun, I might be misinterpreting what you're saying so if I am then never mind, but don't ever feel like you can't go into too much detail on an episode because of spoilers - that's what spoiler tags are for, after all.

Also,     Spoiler:- That "certain someone":

-elyvorg/Amelia
    LOST EVOLUTION

Foregone Conclusion

Will-powered Spriter: Hey, welcome back! I'm... kind of iffy about letting you have "Dalek Fred", though, because I'm restricting the custom-ness of the titles to titles that have been used for the character in-universe. Otherwise people could go mad with silly fan nicknames that are not remotely what the character is ever actually called. I don't mind the idea of letting you be that particular Dalek, but since it isn't actually called "Fred", you'd have to be something like "That one Dalek that shoots the Doctor in The Stolen Earth". Which is... kind of long-winded. Could you possibly choose something else, just to make this simpler for me? ^^;
    Ah well, if I can't have that title I'll just go without until one turns up that I'd like.

I'm quite looking forward to next weeks episode. Partly because the idea is so insanely awesome, partly because the concept it awfully close to another story I've read from something else. There's a few subtle differences between them, so they should end up completely different, but I can tell I'm going to have a lot of fun watching it anyway.
    Will-Powered Spriter

elyvorg: I understand what you mean, but my point is that I haven't seen everything Eleven has to offer yet (don't get me wrong, he's fantastic and I'm sure he'll continue to be), and I will be able to make my fully informed decision when I've watched both the full Ten era and the full Eleven era. Although I agree that it's more fun to have your favourite Doctor be the current one, I think it's more logical to make a decision based on the full era instead of just what I've seen so far.

So. Daleks.

Spoiler:- Let's see if I remember how to do these...:

Spoiler:- Next time!:

I enjoyed Pond Life. Did anybody catch the reference to Amy's question in the unreleased scene that bridged the Eleventh Hour and the Beast Below? She asked him if the light bulb on the TARDIS needs changing and he didn't answer. At the start of Part 5, he was changing it.
    Last edited by Crasher; 3rd September 2012 at 11:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
    elyvorg: I understand what you mean, but my point is that I haven't seen everything Eleven has to offer yet (don't get me wrong, he's fantastic and I'm sure he'll continue to be), and I will be able to make my fully informed decision when I've watched both the full Ten era and the full Eleven era. Although I agree that it's more fun to have your favourite Doctor be the current one, I think it's more logical to make a decision based on the full era instead of just what I've seen so far.
    I understand where you're coming from. I think reasons like this are probably why I've personally decided to stop trying to compare individual Doctors and just declared my favourite Doctor to be "All of them! but especially the one I'm currently watching". xP

Spoiler:- Reply to some of Crasher's Asylum thoughts:

I enjoyed Pond Life. Did anybody catch the reference to Amy's question in the unreleased scene that bridged the Eleventh Hour and the Beast Below? She asked him if the light bulb on the TARDIS needs changing and he didn't answer. At the start of Part 5, he was changing it.
    Oh! I'd forgotten that Amy mentioned the bulb in the first Meanwhile in the TARDIS scene. I did remember the series 6 DVD scene Last Night, where, in an attempt to distract River, the Doctor lies that the TARDIS bulb might need changing and asks her to pop out and check. It's rather amusing to see that, actually, yes, he does need to change the bulb every so often. x3

-elyvorg/Amelia
    LOST EVOLUTION

Foregone Conclusion

The Joker.:

KingMinun, I might be misinterpreting what you're saying so if I am then never mind, but don't ever feel like you can't go into too much detail on an episode because of spoilers - that's what spoiler tags are for, after all.

Also,     Spoiler:- That "certain someone":

-elyvorg/Amelia
    No worries, I was in work using my phone so didn't really want to go into too much detail due to time constraints.

KingMinun/ Martha Jones

Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast