View Poll Results: From 1-10, what do you think of the team?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll

0 0%

1 12.50%

1 12.50%

3 37.50%

1 12.50%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

2 25.00%

Thread: Another rain team XD

Default Another rain team XD

Well, I've been spending a considerable amount of time on PO lately, and I think with the help of one of my clan members and his guide, I have built a (somewhat) effecient team.

Just a quick note, this team isn't completely rain centered, as none of the pokemon really have abilities that abue it. The rain is more of a way to ease the blow of some fire type moves, or maybe make a defensive pokemon's water type move hit harder so it's not fodder. Plus it interferes with sun and sandstorm teams wearing my pokemon down, and the team doesn't seem to struggle against other rain teams either. If you think it's the best thing for the team, I could take politoed off in favor of another pokemon, since as I said, this team isn't completely about rain. Just wanted to let everyone know that I'd accept that kind of suggestion. Now on to the team!

Politoed @Leftovers
    Bold
    Drizzle
    252 HP/ 252 Def/ 4 Sp.def
    -Scald
    -Protect
    -Toxic
    -Encore

This is the leader of the team. With it's abillity to set up perma-rain, it gives beneficial resistances/Double stabs to my pokemon. It also serves suprisingly well as a wall/sacrifice when i'm in a tight situation. Toxic and Encore can really hamper opposing pokemon, and can even stop set up sweepers. I usually lead with politoed, nd then encore the foe into a move like SR or T-wave, then switch.

Ferrothorn @Choice band
    Brave
    Iron barbs
    252 atk/252 Hp/4 sp.def
    -Power whip
    -Gyro ball
    -Bulldoze
    -Spikes

CB ferro can really pack a punch. I've had common switch-ins such as rotom-w or Infernape/ninetales get pounded by it. It takes somewhat alot of perdiction, but if used right, can be deadly. Also, I've found that he's not expected. Most people expect a Leech seed/Spikes, and try to taunt me, and then get a Power whip/Gyro ball that cripples or KOs the opposing pokemon.

Gliscor @Toxic Orb
    Impish
    Toxic heal
    252 HP/ 184 Def/ 72 Spd.
    -Earthquake
    -Toxic
    -Sub
    -Protect

Gliscor serves as the teams physical wall, and also a staller/wallbreaker. It can switch in on a physical move, sub on the opponents switch, use protect to recover lost health, then poison the foe with toxic. Then I can either switch to a pokemon to counter the foe if gliscor can't stay in, or, if gliscor outspeeds it, I can begin to stall it with protect/Sub. I'm open to any suggestions on his set, becuase this one has been performing slightly lackluster. It's still good, but I feel like maybe a SD set would be better.

Slowking @Leftovers
    Calm
    Regenerator
    252 HP/252 Sp.Def/4 Def
    -Scald
    -Toxic
    -Slack off
    -Psychic

Slowking is a monster when it comes to absorbing special attacks, and he has good synergy with Gliscor and Ferro. Regenerator is one awesome abillity, allowing slowking to recover 1/3 of his health every time he switches out. This is a set I took straight out of that guide i was talking about. the only difference is that I chose psychic over grass knot to deal with toxicroak/Sub Disable gengar. Toxicroak will expect a sacld, and switch into a psychic if I can perdict it right, and I once had a gengar disable my scald only to be met with psychic. Grass knot deals with Gastro, but I already have ferrothorn, so I decided to go with psychic. If anyone has a better move, I'd be happy to put it in instead, as psychic hasn't been overly useful lately.

Rotom-W @Choice Scarf
    Modest
    Levitate
    252 spd./ 252 Sp.Atk/ 4 HP
    -Hydro pump
    -Volt switch
    -HP (ice)
    -Trick

Rotom-W is an awesome scout, and can even sweep should the foe's team have a big water weakness. In rain, it basically get's doube STAB, and with that huge base power, it can really pack a punch. Trick is great if I find I'm having a hard time dealing with a certain pokemon, as it can cripple them if used right. HP ice is a great coverage move, but doesn't pack alot of power. All in all Rotom-W is a great scout and revenge-killer.

Celebi @Leftovers
    Bold
    Natrul cure
    252 Hp/ 220 Def/ 36 Spd.
    -Giga drain
    -U-turn
    -Heal bell
    -Recover

Celebi acts as the teams cleric, and can aslo scout to some extent with U-turn. It has fantastic resistances, and can switch into a variety of attacks. Recover and Giga drain help its survivability, while Heal bell helps get rid of status like poisoning that can wear pokemon like Slowking and Rotom-W down.

Well, that's my team. Before I close, I wanted to list a couple changes I have already thought of that might help it, and would like your oppinion on them aswell, if you don't mind. I noticed that the team was really troubled by Gengar, or anything that carried a powerful shadow ball/Dark pulse. I also don't have a spinner, and have found that I can't quite knock doexys-D out before it gets spikes up, which then really, really wears down the team. As a result, I thought Starmie might be a better option over Rotom-W, since it has a high base speed, same coverage, and Rapid spin. the only thing I'm concerned about is it's fratility. Now, if we take another look at it, it has a HUGE ghost weakness now. But i don't want to get rid of my cleric, so I thought a chansey might help. I was thinking chansey could use heal bell, and also could pass wishes to my team to further increase the Slowking/Gliscor core survivability. It could also set up SR or maybe use toxic to further wear down opposing pokemon. Well, if you stuck with this for this long, thank you, because I know it was alot to read.XD I'll be happy with any suggestions, and want to thank you head of time for your input and help.
    Last edited by slugger57; 18th July 2012 at 7:47 PM.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this into your sig if you are too.†

If you ever wonder where Brock pulled that table and those folding chairs out from for lunch, then copy and paste this into your siggy. (Started by.. Eh, Who cares?)

Attempting a Fire Red Nuzlocke challenge for the first time. Current pokemon:
    Active: Coal
    Deceased: Jay

Pokémon Y FC: 3196 - 3020 - 9453
    Friend Safari: ICE: Snowrunt / Cloyster / Sneasel (Willing to add anyone who needs it.)

Sub Protect Gliscor= Refusal to comment.

Quote Originally Posted by NoteLobo View Post
    Sub Protect Gliscor= Refusal to comment.
    Lol notelobo anyways glad the guide helped so no onto the rate may i suggest possibly a donphan over ferrothorn
    Donphan @ Leftovers
    Nature Adamant
    Evs 252 HP 252 ATK 4 Def
    Stealth Rock
    Ice Shard
    Earthquake
    Rapid Spin
    It would help you with handling sandstorm teams a little better
    also "I really dont see the need for rain so maybe just use a little unique rotom set if you really wish to disrupt weather
    Rotom-W @ Damp Rock/Leftovers/Life Orb
    Nature Timid
    Ability Levitate
    Evs 4 HP 252 SAtk 252 Spd
    Thunder
    Rain Dance
    Hydro Pump
    Hidden Power (Ice0

also try to find something that can handle boltbeam better than ferrothorn so maybe a magnezone to help trap steels like ferrothorn and skarmory and if you want to keep rain just go hp fighting over fire

|||||||
    Yellow Lv 36 | Saph Lv 35 | Garnet Lv 35 | Eevee Lv 34 | TDK Lv 38 | APorygonZ Lv 33
    Credit to Blues

@NoteLobo Then why post? XD

@Usatoday thanks for the suggestios, I'll be sure to try them out.

EDIT: Okay, I tested the changes out, and they worked somewhat well. Donphan was awesome, as EQ and Ice shard netted some needed KOs. Magnezone was ok, but I felt he wasn't quite pulling his weight, or at least with the set I was running. I'm gonna do additional testing with a different (maybe custom) set and post how that turns out.
    Last edited by slugger57; 26th July 2012 at 8:38 PM.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this into your sig if you are too.†

If you ever wonder where Brock pulled that table and those folding chairs out from for lunch, then copy and paste this into your siggy. (Started by.. Eh, Who cares?)

Friend Safari: ICE: Snowrunt / Cloyster / Sneasel (Willing to add anyone who needs it.)

You have all special attackers. Unless you have a plan to beat Chansey, I would advise you to put a Phyiscal Attacker like Lucario on your team.

Gliscor is a physical attacker. Sorry about that thing earlier. Ran into 4 teams in a row that day on PO with a SubProtect Gliscor. Went down 150 points. I was kinda ticked off. Anyways onto an actual rate this time. Slowbro> Slowking, better stat spread, better bulk, same regenerator. If you are going to run a Slowbro why don't you just go all the way and use a Amoongus/Slowbro core. I think I will name it the Brogus core, sounds pretty good. With both of them having Regenerator it makes them extremely hard to kill either one because they cover for each other's weaknesses rather well, so you are always swapping into attacks to cover for the other and regenerating your health. Try this set (By the way use this to replace Celebi I guess. Your choice really)

Amoongus
    Nature: Bold
    Ability: Regenerator
    Item: Leftovers
    Stun Spore
    Spore
    Giga Drain
    Clear Smog
    Ev's: 252 hp, 252 defense, 4 special defense
    This set is designed to both throw around status and to work as a semi phazer with Clear Smog. Clear Smog lets you remove all the stat boost from your opponents Pokemon which is great. Spore and Stun Spore are there so that you first use spore on a pokemon, then use Stun Spore on the predicted switch in, it works wonders. With Regenerator, Leftovers, and Giga Drain you are going to be getting back a ton of HP per turn.

Hope this helps, good luck.

Swords dance over sub on Gliscor, it'll help him hit harder, I run SD it really helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Drdj11 View Post
    You have all special attackers. Unless you have a plan to beat Chansey, I would advise you to put a Phyiscal Attacker like Lucario on your team.
    Gliscor and Ferrothorn should be plenty to hammer Chansey and have decent coverage on other special walls aside from Latias.

I think Slowking's already in a pretty good position to spread Toxic around. Gliscor's better off with Swords Dance, imo.

Instead of Celebi on my rain team, I use Jirachi:
    Jirachi@Leftovers
    Bold (+Def; -Atk)
    Serene Grace
    EVs: 252 Def, 252 HP
    ~Calm Mind
    ~Wish
    ~Water Pulse
    ~Thunder

In the rain, Jirachi is a beast. Switch in on a physical attack you resist, paralyze with high-paralysis chance Thunder or confuse with rain-boosted Water Pulse. Set up a bunch of Calm Minds and prepare to annihalate! Wish is to keep your other teamates alive, as well as Jirachi, and the EV spread is to make it as bulky as possible. Hope this helped!
    FC: 0232-9161-0856
    Friend Safari:
    Mankey, Pancham, Riolu

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas121419 View Post
    Instead of Celebi on my rain team, I use Jirachi:
    Jirachi@Leftovers
    Bold (+Def; -Atk)
    Serene Grace
    EVs: 252 Def, 252 HP
    ~Calm Mind
    ~Wish
    ~Water Pulse
    ~Thunder

In the rain, Jirachi is a beast. Switch in on a physical attack you resist, paralyze with high-paralysis chance Thunder or confuse with rain-boosted Water Pulse. Set up a bunch of Calm Minds and prepare to annihalate! Wish is to keep your other teamates alive, as well as Jirachi, and the EV spread is to make it as bulky as possible. Hope this helped!
    Your forgetting about Jirachis Ground weakness while you can survive one EQ you probably wont the next If you run jirachi you might want to go with Body slam and Iron head in the rain, mostly body slam

Claimed the electric dog that is Jolteon
    Pokemon X FC: 1349-5515-1443
        Spoiler:- credits:

Wow! Thanks so much for the help guys! I really appreciate all the suggestions, and I'll make sure to test each one.

@Drdj11- I usually am able to either smack chansey with ferro or wear it down with Toxic/Sub/Protect on gliscor, and I'll be switching gliscor to a SD set, so that will help.

@Notelobo- Don't sweat it. I get ticked off real easy, so I know how you feel. (Dat Ladder ) And I think trading Celebi for amoongus would be an awesome idea. Celebi wasn't quite pulling it's weight, and I think a double-regenerator core would be awesome, not to mention confusing for the foe to deal with. I'll be sure to try Slowbro over Slowking, and since I normally used Gliscor as my physical wall, that frees him up to use an SD set! (I love it when the lightbulb goes off) I'll be sure to test it out, thanks!

@Uberheracross- I've run SD gliscor before to great success, and will be sure to try him out again. Thanks!

@DanceswithParadoxes- Yeah, I usually don't have much to fear from chansey. (Unless Ferro is down and it has ice beam to deal with Gliscor.) Again, I'll be testing SD gliscor, because I do need some more firepower on the team. Thanks for commenting!

@Nicholas121419- Yeah, I totally agree that Rachi is a beast. But I'm affriad I would have to big of a Fire weakness then (Ferro/Amoongus/Jirachi), but luckilly I have thought up some changes for the team that I think will make it be able to fit in. I'll have to think about where it will go though. Thanks for the suggestion!

@Saphirapwns- Generally the idea is to either knock out the pokemon while it uses EQ to break the sub, or switch. But I do think ParaFlinching is useful, so I'll be sure to try that out too. Thanks!

Well, thanks everyone for commenting. I'll be testing these things out within the next few days or so. I do have a quick idea I want to share before ending this post. I was thinkin a Starmie would be a good addition to the team in the place of Rotom-W, as it has natural cure for status absorbing, rapid spin (which would really help on a team ravaged by spikes/T-spikes), and the same coverage for sweeping. Also, I've tested chansey out in the place of Celebi, and it worked pretty well. It eased the teams Ghost weakness (primarilly gengar) and still provided a Cleric. Just wanted to know what you guys think of that. I'll be posting the new team soon, after my testing sessions. Thanks!