Thread: Need some help with my shiny hunting.

Question Need some help with my shiny hunting.

hello, this is my first post in these forums, ive came to ask some questions about shinies. anyway.

recently ive started soft reseting for shinies, but ive been doing this for about a week now and im not sure if im doing this right.

in firered, im at the gamecorner prize room, i reset the game, buy 5 abras and check them all for shinies and repeat, i do this in 40 seconds flat.
    so far nothing, id like to know if it is possible to get a shiny as a game corner prize as i havent seen it being mentioned anywhere and google doesent help.

also, in my other game, ruby, im looking under the cycling road in attemp to find either a shiny minum or a shiny manetric at while the same time hatching elecrike eggs.

also, in all the games ive played, including emulators, i usualy always find a shiny under 30 hours of gameplay, this wasnt the case for my ruby, which already has over 300 hours of gameplay and ive never found a shiny, the internal batery is dead atm, but i dont think it affects shinies does it?
    also, ive been doing that hatch eggs while looking for wild ones for almost 2 months and no result.

am i doing anything wrong?

Your chances at shinies in generation 3 is about 1/8000. That you typically find a shiny in under 30 hours is pretty lucky.
    The only thing a dead internal battery affect is SRing. When the battery dies, the RNG always starts in the same place when you power on. (kind of like how Emerald always starts at zero) So if you don't have an early shiny frame, it's unlikely that you will be able to SR a shiny. (If you RNG abuse, it makes things easier, but I'm not going to explain RNG abusing here)

So, no, you're not doing anything wrong. It's just bad luck.
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.3.4.
    SS BQ: 1.2.3.4.

I was trying a similar thing as you (but in sapphire instead of ruby), and I found that it was easier to restat the game to generate an ID/SID that will give you a shiny frame at a desired time...
    If you don't want to do that, what is your trainer ID?
    I should be able to figure out what your secret ID is assuming you didn't spend lots of time when you chose your name etc (like at the very start of the game)...
    Using that I can then figure out when your first shiny frame is (mine for example is at 4381 frame...)

Trading stuff:
        Spoiler:- Friend codes::

3DS: 3523-3147-6204 - Friend safari: Electric; Dedenne, pikachu, galvantula

RNG'd shinies for trade: * (x2) (x2) (x2) * Mild nature and IV's: 22/16/27/31/31/30 (UT but not lvl 1) except *'s
    Want: any shinys I don't have (I don't care about nature, moves, IV's etc, just shinyness :P)

ruby trainer id is - 45011 (internal batery dead)
    fire red trainer id is - 34889

didnt take any time to chose name at all.

also, whats that shiny frame you speak of? care to elaborate.

wait, i just read a bit about the rng,
    Since my ruby's battery has ran out, its rng works like emeralds busted rng right? Also, since my internal battery has been long gone, like, 150 game hours ago, can i still somehow make the shiny frame usefull?

Yep, the seed for the random number generator will always be 5A0 for R/S...
    Using RNG Reporter (version 9.96) you can find out your SID which will be needed to determine when the shiny frame will be. If you want some help send me a pm with your trainer ID

Trading stuff:
        Spoiler:- Friend codes::

3DS: 3523-3147-6204 - Friend safari: Electric; Dedenne, pikachu, galvantula

RNG'd shinies for trade: * (x2) (x2) (x2) * Mild nature and IV's: 22/16/27/31/31/30 (UT but not lvl 1) except *'s
    Want: any shinys I don't have (I don't care about nature, moves, IV's etc, just shinyness :P)