Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your attitudes towards Team Magma/Aqua

Default Your attitudes towards Team Magma/Aqua

Hey guys, I wanted to know what people thought about the two crime syndicates in pokemon R/S/E. Personally I think that these two crime syndicates are the best out of them all because it seems that their motives have the most meaning and would obviously cause the most devistation. If you cant already tell from my sig or my profile pic, my favourite is Team Magma. Id love to hear your opinions.

These pokemon may not be the best, the may not be the strongest, they may not be singled out for their strategic edge.
    But they are special, they're just a few of my favourites who have served me well

I think these two are amongst the weakest of the teams. So they want more land/ocean. Okay then. What will they do if they succeed? And also, don't they realize the nasty long-term effects in changing the face of the earth for their own benefit? At least Cyrus would've killed himself with everyone else had he succeeded, but there won't be a world to live on, oh well. With Aqua and Magma, they'd live to see the damage they caused. Team Plasma I'll have to come back to you on that, since I don't know them that well.

Team Rocket makes more sense since they're making money off what they're doing. And the best part is: their leader's identity is a secret (for the most part), and he commands Team Rocket from the shadows. Meanwhile, Maxie and Archie always gives out their names (or their grunts do) and are always out in the open. Not a smart move on their part.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Last Chance - 11/3/11 - Chapter 20 progress: 75%
    I survived Pupa.

Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    I think these two are amongst the weakest of the teams. So they want more land/ocean. Okay then. What will they do if they succeed? And also, don't they realize the nasty long-term effects in changing the face of the earth for their own benefit? At least Cyrus would've killed himself with everyone else had he succeeded, but there won't be a world to live on, oh well. With Aqua and Magma, they'd live to see the damage they caused. Team Plasma I'll have to come back to you on that, since I don't know them that well.

Team Rocket makes more sense since they're making money off what they're doing. And the best part is: their leader's identity is a secret (for the most part), and he commands Team Rocket from the shadows. Meanwhile, Maxie and Archie always gives out their names (or their grunts do) and are always out in the open. Not a smart move on their part.
    I hadent considered that, after reading this my mind is changed. Im still sticking closely to my club though

These pokemon may not be the best, the may not be the strongest, they may not be singled out for their strategic edge.
    But they are special, they're just a few of my favourites who have served me well

Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post

I think it's different, since Team Rocket is kind of an underground criminal organization, while Magma and Aqua are eco-terrorists. They're extremists, they weren't seeking to change the surface of Earth for their own benefit, I guess they simply believed it would be better for everyone if there was more land or sea and were willing to use any means to achieve that goal.

Maxie and Archie don't hide their faces because they're more like extremist group leaders than secret criminal bosses with a public facade like Giovanni (for instance, everyone knew Osama bin Laden was the leader of al-Qaeda... I guess extremist groups need a very clear - and strong - leading figure for people to follow).

I still prefer Team Rocket over Aqua/Magma (and Magma over Aqua), but there's a big difference in what they are.
    Last edited by Ver-mont; 3rd July 2012 at 9:09 PM.
    3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

"Oh, and here is my grandson. …Erm, what was his name now?"

Well im not going to be able to stop comparing both Maxie and Archie to Al-Qaeda

Quote Originally Posted by Ver-mont View Post
    I think it's different, since Team Rocket is kind of an underground criminal organization, while Magma and Aqua are eco-terrorists. They're extremists, they weren't seeking to change the surface of Earth for their own benefit, I guess they simply believed it would be better for everyone if there was more land or sea and were willing to use any means to achieve that goal.
    Yeah, and I'll give them that for being different (it is a good idea to have more than one other organization out there), but their whole mission had a lot of holes in it (though it was the same with Team Galactic). That's poor planning to me. Though unlike Team Galactic, their leaders saw what they did wrong and were able to give up on their original plan (I think they even disbanded). Cyrus was just so caught up in his own thoughts, he still refused to give up on creating his utopia even after getting trapped in the Distortion World. And then his followers still remained faithful.

And I think it helps to have a small band of followers even after the leader is defeated. We really don't see anymore of Team Aqua/Magma after the story is over with, and we are left wondering if they disbanded or not. Meanwhile, Saturn continues to keep Team Galactic alive, though it's hinted at he has different ideas, which is why Mars and Jupiter quit. Team Rocket continued to have followers for a few more years after Giovanni was defeated, and even then he was still planning on returning to Team Rocket. I think this was the same for Plasma, not entirely sure.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Last Chance - 11/3/11 - Chapter 20 progress: 75%
    I survived Pupa.

I loved them to be honest. They had a different set of ideals, which was refreshing. I liked Team Aqua more than Team Magma because they seemed less selfish, but Team Magma was good too. It's just sad that they're so underrated among the villainous teams in Pokemon.

I liked both of them (I like magma more than aqua slightly). I do think they are under rated and I think the people before my post explained them pretty well. However, I prefer Team Rocket over any of the villianous teams thus far

I liked aqua, since I grew up with ruby. But in emerald its pretty cool how it goes out
    Pokemon:
    blue vs red
    ------vs
    -----green

Kyogre vs Groudon
    ---------vs
    ------Rayquaza
    Currently playing: Pokemon Ruby Team! (Broken internal battery :C)

Most recent shiny-

Personally, I don't like both teams, their objectives were pretty much stupids. Team Rocket was not very threatening, but the mafia theme is really cool. Team Plasma was nice, freezing the whole region and killing everything on it is threatening enough. Team Galactic was the best, really. The best.

But Team Aqua/Plasma? Dumb.
    Even though I think Archie and Maxie are two cool looking evil team bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by empoleon mike View Post
    and would obviously cause the most devistation. .
    How expanding the sea/land is more devastating than destroying and rebuilding the whole universe?
    Last edited by Nyarlathotep; 5th July 2012 at 5:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlathotep View Post
    Personally, I don't like both teams, their objectives were pretty much stupids. Team Rocket was not very threatening, but the mafia theme is really cool. Team Plasma was nice, freezing the whole region and killing everything on it is threatening enough. Team Galactic was the best, really. The best.

But Team Aqua/Plasma? Dumb.
    Even though I think Archie and Maxie are two cool looking evil team bosses.

How expanding the sea/land is more devastating than destroying and rebuilding the whole universe?
    Well without the sea, 75% of life would die which I think is bad compared to without land, 25% of life would die.

I liked their in-game storylines a lot, but I do wish they would have gone into more in-depth detail about what they were going to do after they accomplished their goals.
    "Heart + Determination + Perserverence = Success" ™

My Philosophical quote on goals and dreams.

For a long time I loved team magma the best. They were just cool, and the legendary they were after was cool too. but then team plasma came along...
    This "Pokemon Rainbow" rumored game is already killing me. I want it!

Also, general nintendo fans will probably like my youtube. I make unboxings and collection videos.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/EnragedSwalot?feature=mhee
    Thanks if you check it out

To me, they are pretty bad. They want to destroy life by having more land/ocean. Not steal. Destroy. In my opinion, it's hard to get worse than that. However, I feel that they are better than Team Rocket, because at least they have some sort of stronger motive behind their actions, unlike Team Rocket who steals pokemon with almost no motive at all.

I also find their leaders quite weak, so I do wonder how they even expected to accomplish their motives in the first place.
    Currently Residing in the orange islands.

Fire is the key to life.

I found Team Aqua and Magma to be completely different teams than the others altogether. To me, it sounded like these teams wanted to expand the ocean/land for the good of the Pokemon. Like Team Plasma, they wanted to do what they thought was best for the Pokemon, while Team Rocket and Galactic were using Pokemon for their own reasons. They seemed to have good intentions to what they're doing, yet what they did was still pretty horrible. (I mean, you gotta think about your own species too, right?)

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguartail View Post
    I also find their leaders quite weak, so I do wonder how they even expected to accomplish their motives in the first place.
    Yeah, that confused me, too. I've always felt that Team Magma and Aqua didn't think their plans through enough, or we didn't get all the details about them.

They weren't powerful enough BUT if you think about it, They thought their goal was for the greater good and that everyone would be happy for them when they succeeded.

Dammit, I've been practically dead. Too busy fighting demons and shadows.......* points evoker at head*....... back to work...* fires*

† I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

I don't think they're as popular as other antagonist teams, and their schemes sound the silliest. Plus their costumes aren't so cool. Most likely their own team members will destroy them from inside if the main character doesnt stop them.

X FC: Cutty 2449 6004 1037

Quote Originally Posted by thetifftiff
    Amount of real life time doesn't mean much when it comes to shiny hunting though.

For me, now that I think about it. They did have a goal that in a way would benefit one side over another, though it was impractical. Still, their goals has more benefits unlike the other teams but they really weren't that strong too in comparison.

i hope gamefreak is going to make a remake of the Hoenn region games,
    and i just loved team aqua

but i have a idea that if they make a new version of the R/S/E games they should put in team Sky, or something like that,
    that would be AWESOME!

W2: 5072-1789-3761 | W: 1807-9100-3523 | IGN: Draco | My Clan: The Hoenn Triangle

Spoiler:- THT:

I know nobody said it on this thread, but in a lot of threads debating the R/S/E crime syndicates, I don't understand why people say, "I played Ruby first, so Team Magma." or "I played Sapphire first, so Team Aqua." Wouldn't it be the other way around? In Ruby, Aqua is your ally and in Sapphire, Magma is your ally.

Anyways, I'm more of a fan of Team Aqua. I think they seem less harsh/selfish than Team Magma and I like their leader/hideout/outfits better.
    Although if they were crime syndicates in real life, I would vote for Team Magma any day. Team Aqua wants to cover more of the world with water, even though the majority of it is already covered in water and many places are over populated. The world could do a lot better with some more land mass, so Team Magma has the right idea.

As a side note, I think Emerald is a great game with it's added features, but in Emerald both crime syndicates are your enemy and you have to bring balance to them both. That's cool and all, but I prefer playing Ruby or Sapphire where you get to take sides and sort of team up with one of them.
    Last edited by pokemasta92; 24th August 2012 at 2:50 PM.

I prefer Team Magma because although the ways of completing their goals were stupid, the goal itself made more sense to me. When the world is almost 70% ocean, I don't see the upside in expanding it. Not only that, but I loved their outfits even if I'm not sure what they are supposed to be. I also loved their volcano base in Emerald!
    But I generally liked the teams. They were certainly more down to earth than Team Galactic.
    even if we don't understand each other, that's not a reason to reject each other. There are two sides to any argument. Is there one point of view that has all the answers? Give it some thought.
    ^ Why Alder is my favorite champion.

I didn't mind them, but the games never explained their goals, which made them less... awesome.Their outfits were really awesome though! Team Galactic will always be the best evil team!
    All the other kids with the pumped up kicks you better run, better run...

If you want to see my Event Pokemon, PM me

If you believe in Jesus Christ put this in your profile and don't just ignore this, because in the Bible it says,
    If you deny me, I will deny you in front of my Father at the gates of Heaven.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguartail View Post
    To me, they are pretty bad. They want to destroy life by having more land/ocean. Not steal. Destroy. In my opinion, it's hard to get worse than that. However, I feel that they are better than Team Rocket, because at least they have some sort of stronger motive behind their actions, unlike Team Rocket who steals pokemon with almost no motive at all.

My input may not be necessary because of my username but...

ahahaha Team Rocket has lots of motive in my opinion! I mean as a regular in Celadon's Game Corner, I've seen lots of people completely frustrated because they kept losing money.. so isn't money a pretty strong motive? They do a ton of other stuff too..experimentation and such.. :/

But with topic I think both of them are hilarious, Team Aqua more so because they spend a lot of time just dawdling at Slateport's museum..And it's also fun talking to both team's Poochyenas when they face off by the volcano. "Boo fah!" XD I thought it was an interesting plot element to include both teams, and face off with Kyogre/Groudon in Emerald was pretty epic. Also they both realize they were foolish at the end when things get way out of hand in that game; I'm not sure if any of the other teams really felt bad for what they did..

I personally think having more water to swim in would be excellent XD
    Team Plasma Interviewer: So why do you want to become a grunt for our team?
    Plasma Grunt: Plasmaaaaaaaaa!
    Interviewer: ...Okay...What are your weaknesses?
    Grunt: Plasmaaaaaaaaa!!!!!
    Interviewer: Uh... where do you see yourself in five years?
    Grunt: Plasmaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!
    Interviewer: Okay, Mr...?
    Grunt: PLASMA!!!
    Interviewer: Eh why not, you're hired.
    Grunt: PLASMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Team Magma and Team Aqua where two stupidest teams. The goals they had where both bad because if you expand the sea well there will be too much water and people with no boats would drown and where would they get food??? But expanding the earth would make them run out of water faster... We need water! But that's what's fascinating about them. There so stupid that it makes me like the team... Now let's take Team Rocket. They make money out of everything and don't want to do anything stupid. They are doing things that will do an impact when they need it ands it's all calculated. There boses name is not screamed out by every grunt and they work in the shadows. In my opinion Team Rocket is far more superior... The only thing that team Magma and Aqua had where those outfits. They where BAWSS.

RAWK ON

... Nope. I don't like either. They weren't exactly /that/ horrible to me, but their motive is just utterly silly.
    Why would they want to make the entire world land/sea?
    "I want you to make me a stepping stone so everyone can shine…!"

Ice Friend Safari - Snover / Bergmite / Cloyster
    Current and temporary Friend Safari is Grass - Tangela / Swadloon / Maractus

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast