Thread: Do Flying-type Pokemon have significance to a team competitively?

Default Do Flying-type Pokemon have significance to a team competitively?

I've been curious about this for a long time and wanted to share the question.

Even now yes, Earthquake is that common.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Skarmory and Tornadus-T are pretty much some of the best I seen in OU. Tornadus-T has Regenerator and decent defenses so it can switch out and recover. Skarmory sets up Spikes easily with Sturdy and has that great 140 defense. Gliscor is now more annoying with Roost+Poison Heal as well. So yes Flying has been significant in OU.

Quote Originally Posted by Duranteater View Post
    Skarmory and Tornadus-T are pretty much some of the best I seen in OU. Tornadus-T has Regenerator and decent defenses so it can switch out and recover. Skarmory sets up Spikes easily with Sturdy and has that great 140 defense. Gliscor is now more annoying with Roost+Poison Heal as well. So yes Flying has been significant in OU.
    Older generations, keep the topic relevant.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    Older generations, keep the topic relevant.
    Sorry, didn't really play 4th gen competitive much

I think so. Dragonite and Salamence are threats in the metagame. There is also skarmory who is a great wall.

TMP Symbols:

Yeah, they are. There's a lot of frequently used ground type moves.

Credit to Riataro from EGC

† I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

I always use Braviary, or Staraptor in one of my online battles, I mean good Attack and Speed. But, if you have a Serene Grace Togekiss that knows Ancientpower or Air Slash, your opponent is dead.

I'm not sure about competitive nature but whenever I played the game through, I always caught a flying type at the start. But it was always the first to be replaced off my team.

Rinni: 5386--7979--7291 ~ Friend Safari ROCK:
        Spoiler:- Safaris I'm Looking For:

Yes. They are fairly strong in general, and there are a lot of ground type moves that they can avoid. All you need to really avoid with them is Electric Types.
    Currently Residing in the orange islands.

Fire is the key to life.

Yes flying types are good especially if you get a good/helpful ability like staraptor with intimidate but prediction is key online as usual
    Till we see the light of darkness

Lol Ground immunity alone makes them relevant, never mind Fighting and Bug resists. Having a STAB that hits Fighting, Grass and Bug hard is really nice, and pairs well with a Ground move of choice. Thats why HP Flying/Earthquake is standard on Mence in Adv.
    I don't play 4th Gen or 5th Gen.

My Youtube Channel. Feel tired of 5th Gen, with Stealth Rock, Eviolite, Choice Scarf, and priority everywhere? Come check out some good old ADV OU, where you can waste your time watching battles that go on for more than 50 turns.

Quote Originally Posted by Charmander#4 in the thread "Is the God of the Bible Good, Evil or Neutral?"
    I think he rolled Chaotic Neutral.

Yes, Dragonite, Gyarados, Salamence, Skarmory, Zapdos and a ton more are very common and do great in loots of teams.

Staraptor ain't in OU for nothing.

As well as being able to Fly from town to town, in battle, flying Pokemon have some pretty cool moves and techniques and also the resistance of ground-types.
    Hi, i'm new here and i've never actually played 5th Gen Pokemon, so I don't really have an opinion on it, but to me, Diamond and Pearl was absolutely awesome.

My Pokemon Team:
    Typhlosion Lvl 100 Blastoise Lvl 100 Espeon LvL 99 Torterra Lvl 100 Luxray Lvl 100 Pidgeot Lvl 100

Also currently have every single possible Legendary Pokemon you can get in Pearl!

I've been downed by a good flying type. again, as in most types, it depends on ur strategy and how u train it. I battled someone who had a really good swellow aaaaand they destroyed me xD earthquake is a common attack because it's powerful so yes a flying type is good to have. just be careful of rock moves. pelipper is a good counter to that (although its still weak to rock moves). so I'd say flying pokemon have their good moments

still in the process of plotting out team. want it to be unique and amazing. gardevoir will be included even if she's over used xD and mighteyena cuz they r awesomazing.

send me a friend request please ^_^

most teams dont pack a flying resist. specs tornadus(-t) and special rain dragonite are a problem.

EDIT: oh sorry didn't see this was an older gen. skarm is pretty good, and sala is nice.
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

They main point of flying types are their imunity to ground. Most of them cannot cover their weakness to electric and ice. Competitively I don't like very much flying types.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystical Jackal View Post
    They main point of flying types are their imunity to ground. Most of them cannot cover their weakness to electric and ice. Competitively I don't like very much flying types.
    Zapdos and Skarmory say hi.

Not to mention Gliscor and a bunch of obscure lower tier threats like Moltres and Tropius.

You can shoot my body full of holes but ya can't kill the spirit of Rock N' Roll, baby! \m/