Page 2 of 65 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread: 5th Gen Shiny Discussion/FAQ Thread

Quote Originally Posted by doodlecloud View Post
    Tbh I don't really count hunts that are 'put on hold' too much because it kind of ruins the numbers imo. I mean if you do other hunts and stuff in between then those could easily have been Shiny (in this case) Eevee eggs.....am I the only one who feels this way?

Also, I imagine there will be a BW2 Shiny thread when the BW2 forum becomes more....used? So maybe when it's released outside of Japan?
    I always keep track of the eggs hatched for any pokemon I decide to mm. I usually tend to switch targets a lot because I get bored of seeing the same pokemon over and over again. I go through a ton of eggs usually before I get a shiny but it is still a lot of work. For my shiny snivy hunt I have picked it up and put it on hold many times and even though I have done this I still keep track because I still put in all the effort to hatch the eggs so I feel like they should count to the overall total of that hunt. I've had 14 successful shinies hatch from doing it this way. I tend to get lucky and get early shinies by switching after so many eggs. My longest successful mm target was Poliwag which hatched on egg 999. My longest hunt I've ever done is Snivy-3000 then Sandile-2200(I think because I lost the paper with it on) and Tauros 1830. I also had a long Frillish hunt but again I lost the paper that I had that one recorded on though I know it was more than 1000 eggs hatched for one.
    Current Hunts

Omegaruby Badgequest
    1. Zigzagoon- November 24th, 2014
    2. Makhuita- December 7th, 2014
    3. Oddish- December 7th, 2014
    4. Wurmple- December 14th 2014
    5. Froakie- December 19 2014

Heart Gold Badge Quest
    1. Shiny Bellsprout
    2. Shiny Unkown A
    3. Shiny Nidoran Male
    4. Shiny Spinrak
    5. Shiny Spearow
    6. Shiny Psyduck
    7. Shiny Noctowl
    8. Shiny Diglett

White 2 Badge Quest- Completed on December 29th 2012!
    1. Shiny Tepig
    2.Shiny Growlithe-7595 RE
    3. Shiny Rattata-4,815 RE
    4.Shiny Yamask-16,772 RE
    5.Shiny Combee(Male)- 19,823 RE
    6. Shiny Zebstrika- 2,025 RE
    7. Shiny Zangoose- 2,582 RE
    8. Shiny Swablu- 12,264 RE

Currently going for a shiny Minccino just because I want one :3
    My Dream Shiny Team

After a lengthy shiny drought, this shiny Magby appeared in my Black 2 . I was busy watching an LP on youtube when I saw the orange bodied Magby, followed by sparkles. He has a Gentle nature, which doesn't bother me in the slightest .

Gentle nature

Next hunt is in Sangi Ranch, where I'm hoping for a Mareep(seeing as I am using a Static Emolga). I wouldn't mind a Patrat or a Pidove, as long as it isn't another shiny Lillipup.
    Formerly Storm_Dragoon

Latest Shinies - Omega Ruby:

2380 SRs/RAs

Congrats on the shiny magby. It is a nice looking shiny.
    Current Hunts

Omegaruby Badgequest
    1. Zigzagoon- November 24th, 2014
    2. Makhuita- December 7th, 2014
    3. Oddish- December 7th, 2014
    4. Wurmple- December 14th 2014
    5. Froakie- December 19 2014

Heart Gold Badge Quest
    1. Shiny Bellsprout
    2. Shiny Unkown A
    3. Shiny Nidoran Male
    4. Shiny Spinrak
    5. Shiny Spearow
    6. Shiny Psyduck
    7. Shiny Noctowl
    8. Shiny Diglett

White 2 Badge Quest- Completed on December 29th 2012!
    1. Shiny Tepig
    2.Shiny Growlithe-7595 RE
    3. Shiny Rattata-4,815 RE
    4.Shiny Yamask-16,772 RE
    5.Shiny Combee(Male)- 19,823 RE
    6. Shiny Zebstrika- 2,025 RE
    7. Shiny Zangoose- 2,582 RE
    8. Shiny Swablu- 12,264 RE

So my Shiny Electrike Hunt is now up to 1,330 Eggs as you can see in my sig... I hope it shines before 2k Eggs, and I hope it is Male. I don't think I mentioned before but I have an Everstone on my Modest Electrike I'm using to breed to try passing Modest down to the Shiny. If anyone wants to predict Nature/When it will hatch/etc. feel free to do so on my profile on here!
    Three Most Recent Shinies:

Registeel: Soft Reset(W2) / Latios: Soft Reset(B2) / Regice: Soft Reset(W2)
    PokéDex (Gen 5): 649/649 Completed as of March 4th, 2013

Ending my egg hatching tonight with a grand total of...

[SPOILER]25 eggs hatched.[/SPOILER]

Yeah... I didn't hatch that many today. Life got in the way. This brings my total eggs hatched up to 124 eggs. I'll hatch more tomorrow. Maybe. Night everyone.

~needsalimegreenespeon signing off! See ya!
    I am not a 'he'.

Copy and Paste into sig if you had the patience to catch a feebas legit once!! - Started by Claus351
    [IMG]http://i52.*******.com/2pyvvjl.gif[/IMG] Licky by Pokemon Player! Lick... Lick... Lick...
        Spoiler:- Images found at:

I'm thinking I need a break from MMing, might try REing something. I guess running away from battles and having an Illuminate pokemon in the lead would help speed things up... any other tricks?
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.3.4.
    SS BQ: 1.2.3.4.

Gosh i miss shiniy hunting.Maybe I'll start a new hunt.I still need to by a Pokemon black game tho.^-^;
    Most recent shiny:
    3DS FC: 4227-2881-7628

Decided to pick up my MM hunt again after a 3 month break and I was watching TV when the egg hatched. At first my brain was like "no way!" but my shiny target hatched!! This was my first MM hunt and it was short to boot. It hatched around the 210ish egg, and I say "ish" because a couple of eggs hatched while I was waiting to get an egg from the daycare man. Timid syncer worked and its characteristic is likes to run. Checked its IVs and it has 30 Speed . It also has 21 Attack and 18 HP/SpDef, not sure what I'll EV train it in besides speed. Still have another box and a half of zorua eggs to go, so I'll hatch those and start my next MM target .

Sorry for the crappy quality, my camera never has liked the pokemon info page >_<...that and its late and I don't feel like re-taking the picture XD

Edit: Tomorrow I'll replace the picture with a more clear one.
    Last edited by Birds of Paradise; 22nd July 2012 at 8:04 AM.
    Credit to Mew_ for the pokemon banner, Equal-to-Heaven for the braviary clock, ~.:Northern Lights:.~ for the pokemon badge, and the shiny card made by me

Friend code: 0533-5377-8837
    I have normal type (minccino, dunsparce and smeargle)

Spoiler:- My shiny card:
    [IMG]http://i41.*******.com/2vs1amu.jpg[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i41.*******.com/2vhzyoj.jpg[/IMG]

Congrats on shiny Magby and Zorua!!

Hooooolllyyy shiiiitt its fricking 3 am and I just got a shiny! 16,110 REs, check it out !!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBdX...e_gdata_player

Pokemon Soulsilver Badge Quest

Complete!

3DS Friend Code: 5370-0649-6456

Congrats on ur new shinies everyone! Charizard aster I just liked and subscribed!
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

That's a beautiful Zorua! I think I'll hunt for it when I'm done with my current targets.

Anyway, more than 800 Ponyta eggs hatched now. Still waiting for the blue flames.
    [IMG]http://i40.*******.com/smrpq9.jpg[/IMG]

951 eggs 160 eggs 259 eggs 850 eggs 2832 RE

I agree, I think I am subbed...I'll sub now if i'm not.

Regardless, I have just hit 12075 Starters Seen. It does not want to shine really.
    Yveltal, the Destruction Pokémon: "When its life comes to an end, it absorbs the life energy of every living thing and turns into a cocoon once more."

Spoiler:- Current Hunts:

Yay a new relaxed thread!

Congrats on the new shinies peeps. Magby and Zorua are both awesome!
    Special Congrats to CharizardMaster, Magnemite is sweet! Glad your hunt has finally finished!

Keep going Aqua, your hard work will definately be rewarded so keep it up.

Just boxing up some more eggs. Lets hope it's in this batch!

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Lord View Post
    My longest hunt I've ever done is Snivy-3000 then Sandile-2200(I think because I lost the paper with it on)
    I also had a long Frillish hunt but again I lost the paper that I had that one recorded on though I know it was more than 1000 eggs hatched for one.
    Rather than writing it on paper, you can try nicknaming the hatched Pokemon with the egg number.

For example, the first Pokemon that hatched is nicknamed 001, the second is 002, and so on.

That's what I do to keep track on how many eggs I've hatched.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Nothing in my most recent batch of eggs, bringing the total up to 1,430. Congrats on recent shinies!
    Last edited by TheMaster327; 22nd July 2012 at 5:19 PM.
    Current Hunts

2,470 SRs/4,940 birds seen - PAUSED

ΩR BQ Hunt #5 - Desert

11,000 REs

Up to 9760 encounters in the Giant Chasm. Still no shiny. I think after I get this shiny, I will just stick to MMing. I am going nuts wondering when and what I will get. At least with MMing, you know what you're gonna get, you just don't know when. Whenever I get this shiny, it will be my first shiny since last summer. I don't really hunt much when I am in college.
    OR BQ: 1. (Dec 13) 2. (Dec 14) 3. (Dec 21) 4. (Dec 21) 5. ? 6. 7. 8.

Y BQ COMPLETE!!: 1. Fennekin (Oct 21) 2. (Nov 3) 3. (Nov 17) 4. (Nov 17) 5. (Nov 17) 6. (Dec 10) 7. Klefki (Dec 13) 8. Trevenant (Dec 18)

Current Hunt: OR: BQ #5- ? & AS: ?

3DS Friend Codes:
    2165-6202-2279
    5370-0975-3532

Thanks for the congrats guys, I'm really psyched about this shiny. Especially because of this:

Magnemite - #081 (Modest)

HP: 31
    Att: 31
    Def: 29
    SpA: 18-19
    SpD: 6 - 13
    Speed: 10 - 17

Modest nature, pretty awesome IVs. This only happens on my long hunts... Shiny treecko, 13K, lonely with near flawless attack and speed. Shiny Pidgey with adamant nature after 19K. I just tend to be more luck with longer hunts.

Anyway I am getting ready to continue my BQ, not sure if I'll go for shiny in Virbank again, or repel trick eevee. What do you guys think? I've also got mudkip, charmander, and ho-oh hunts to finish. Not sure which I'll finish first though.

Good luck to everyone on your hunts, if you have a long one it's much more satisfying when you finally get it!
    Last edited by Terra Force; 23rd July 2012 at 12:14 AM.

Pokemon Soulsilver Badge Quest

Complete!

3DS Friend Code: 5370-0649-6456

Look at this thing here

Spoiler:- Big picture ;):

I got it with the Masuda Method, and got it after only 324 hatched eggs. It has a Relaxed nature, which isn't that bad, I guess. It has Shell Armor ability, which I didn't hope for. Still one of the coolest shinies, though
    I just love Shellder and Cloyster, and the shiny formes are just awesome

I still got three boxes with eggs to hatch, so maybe I get some more?

Anybody who want to suggest a new hunt? I'm thinking of Squirtle, but I'm not sure...
    Last edited by andyhaj; 22nd July 2012 at 8:48 PM.

I'm about to start MMing for a Shiny Eevee then a Shiny Zoura. Congrats on recent shines!!!
    THIS IS FOR MY NINTENDO 3DS HANDHELD SYSTEM 2664-2984-6619
    THIS IS FOR MY POKEMON WHITE VIDEO GAME Mike-0218-6703-3716

3,900 encounters in victory road and route 14, im taking a break at the moment though to play through Soulsilver, that game likes to give me random shinies so maybe If i just play instead of hunt ill get lucky

Keep going Master/Kitty/everyone else

Congratulations on that magnemite Charizard! Fantastic find

Congrats to you, too, Andyhaj! You asked for some suggestions; well personally, I like to hunt shinies that aren't extraordinarily common (doesn't apply to my current zubat hunt).

Maybe chatot? I am personally going to MM for Emolga & Castform (rotating every 200 eggs) after I finish up my Zubat hunt. Which is at 219 eggs or so at the moment. I am really determined for this one because I am planning on adding shiny Crobat to my permanent post-game team for White 2 and beyond.

Anyway I haven't done any MM'ing today due to life :L But I have the rest of the day and tonight to hatch. Hopefully it shines in one of the 7 boxes of eggs I have boxed up, because I am really eager to get a shiny emolga or castform.

Kalos Team: Delphox, Florges, Aegislash, Heliolisk, Hawlucha, Avalugg
    Latest Shiny: Helioptile

Fire Safari: Ponyta, Pyroar, Braixen - 1478-3803-9332
    I have claimed #671, Florges

*credit to Equal-To-Heaven for the clock

Ohh, joy! I've hatched another shiny Shellder! Egg number 348 also contained a shiny
    This time, I got a Shellder with Naughty nature and Skill Link ability!

Still got two and a half box left too

Btw, I decided that I'll MM a shiny Carvanha after hatching all the other eggs.
    I will upload pictures of both Shellders later, so then you'll see that I'm not kidding!

Congrats on the Shelder x2, Andyhaj! Now throw that luck over here please, I could do with it!

Currently boxing up more Tauros, and will maybe do some Turnback SRing later on also...
    Current Hunts

2,470 SRs/4,940 birds seen - PAUSED

ΩR BQ Hunt #5 - Desert

11,000 REs

Yup throw some luck to me too! I've got a nasty hunt going on.

I've done ~220 SRs for today, amounting to 12,651 Starters Seen now.

Tempted to SR for Azelf in Platinum now...

Also, hit 1,450 REs in Pinwheel Forest and Route 222 hunt (well, I started randomly REing in Route 222 to dual hunt something).

Congrats on the Shellder Duo as well!
    Last edited by AquaRegisteel; 22nd July 2012 at 10:15 PM.
    Yveltal, the Destruction Pokémon: "When its life comes to an end, it absorbs the life energy of every living thing and turns into a cocoon once more."

Spoiler:- Current Hunts:

Page 2 of 65 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast