Page 33 of 65 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast

Thread: 5th Gen Shiny Discussion/FAQ Thread

Just a random question for those who already have BW2.

Do Reshiram and Zekrom still have the shiny check/lock in BW2, I already got Reshiram perfect Nature in Black and was planning to SR for shiny in BW2?

Thanks in Advance.
    Shiny Pokemon collection http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...9820979&type=3

Shiny Dex Completion - 0/649

National Dex Completion - 375/649

Reshiram and Zekrom still have the shiny check.

Well like many of you, I got English White 2 yesterday. I'm SRing for a shiny Oshawott at current time. I don't count my SRs so I have no idea what my total SR count for it is, and frankly I don't care .
    Latest Shinies:

Japanese Platinum

Picked up White 2 yesterday and I was lucky, if I hadn't preordered the game, I wouldn't have been able to buy it off the shelves. BB had no copies for walk-ins, so I was really lucky with it, currently I'm on (shockingly) my last badge.

11 somethin' hours too.

Trying to hatch a shiny Tepig on my Jpn Black 2 for my Black 2 run, think Im around 80 eggs hope to have it soon! ^^

So I was busy grinding to fight Elesa on Route 16 in my Black 2. I was searching for Audino to fight when an Emolga appeared. A Shiny Emolga. I have to admit that this is the earliest I've had a Random encounter Shiny, though I do recall getting one in my Japanese Platinum shortly after getting it as well (Not sure how many days I had it). I managed to catch it with my first and only Ultra Ball. Don't have any pics of it, but I did go through Pokecheck to check its IV's. They aren't horrible, but not great. I'm probably just going to let it sit in my PC for the rest of eternity.

3DS Friend Code: 2535-4249-2325
    PM me if you add me for X and Y so I can add you too! I apparently give Sandile, Nuzleaf, and Liepard in the Friend Safari.

Currently at around 800 on my MM for my shiny scyther for a shiny scizor for my white 2 team. But it comes out tomorrow and so if I don't get it in the next hour or so I will have to replace it with another pokemon in the team and continue my MM after I beat the pokemon league. Wish me luck, I will need it :-(
    Hello I'm looking for a Shaymin in order to acquire all the events
    White friend code is 1075 6786 7960
    White 2 Friend code is 3912 5384 7221
    Y friend code:2836 0178 6989 Friend Safari: Grumpig, Sigylyph, Gothrita

I'm currently with over 7 boxes full trying to hatch a shiny Cyndaquil by MM. Not lucky until now... I wonder how many eggs will I have to hatch xD

Spoiler:- Friend Code and Safari Info:

Beta Competition Masters Division: W25 L9 - Rating 1736 - Ranking 100th
    June International Challenge Masters Division: W10 L7 - Rating 1544 - Ranking 2784th

Overall WiFi Double Battle Record: W47 L20

*Credit to Astral Shadow from The Under for the userbar*

Red face

Well I haven't encountered a shiny since last November which was a Shiny Klink on my birthday, but this morrning I found at Relic Passage while looking for Shards an:

Shiny Onix LV 27 Male Nicknamed GoldMine
    Calm nature
    Proud of its power
    Sturdy ability

IVs: 22 / 30 /28 / 0, 2 / 0, 2 / 18
    Last edited by shinehunter; 14th October 2012 at 11:14 AM.
    NEWEST SHINY POKEMON:
    Shiny Watchog (Female) Fifi Lv 55
    Obtained: 11/18/12
    Naive nature, A little quick tempered.
    Stats:
    hp 145, attack 113, defence 95, sp.attack 73, sp.defence 83, speed 114
    Keen eye ability
    Ivs:
    Hp 26, attack 27, defence 26 ,sp. attack 4 ,Sp. defence 22, Speed 26 (What is it with 26?)

Shines:

Secret target status: Japenese ditto is obtained

'Nothing is normal, curosity will agree...'

I encountered a shiny Roggenrola in Black 2 just a few minutes ago. He has an Impish nature, which isn't too bad. He's my sixth random shiny overall, and my fifth 1/8192 one.
    Last edited by The Eleventh; 14th October 2012 at 3:03 PM.

I haven't had any luck with RE shinies lately but I picked up my shiny White 2 dratini yesterday it has flawless attack, not sure on IV's though

Sorry for the bad quality, if you click on it you can get a much clearer picture
    Last edited by SmeargleRocks; 14th October 2012 at 6:11 PM.

Badge: Wyvern Badge
    Credit: AstralShadow (userbar) & Kida-Ookami (badge)

3DS XL FC for Pokemon Y 2595-0724-5772 IGN SmeargleRocks
    Shiny Number 1268

I can offer gen6 cloning services, I will only clone what I don't have as glitch cloning can take awhile and be stressful

Self caught shinies on Y 24
    first successfull (and accidental) MM Shelmet timid 31/1/19/31/31/31 4:25 pm EST 4/14/14
    Shiny XD Gale of Darkness Zubat caught September 17th 2012 @ 4:24 pm EST cave PokeSpot

FUC* ALL HACKERS!!!

Haven't had any luck with shinies lately, managed to pick up a second-hand copy of Pokemon Pearl which had a few foreign Pokemon on them including...

Beautifly
    Electivire
    Empoleon
    Gyarados
    Typhlosion

All except for Beautifly are male so quite a few possibilities for shinies while breeding given that a male foreign Pokemon can get a shiny of any Pokemon in it's egg group :P

EDIT: Does Kyurem have a shiny lock in Pokemon Black2/White2?
    Last edited by AzulTheCerulean20; 14th October 2012 at 6:19 PM. Reason: Wanting to ask question regarding shiny lock

Quote Originally Posted by AzulTheCerulean20 View Post
    EDIT: Does Kyurem have a shiny lock in Pokemon Black2/White2?
    No.

I'm switching my target, I'm gonna go for Litwick since it is the season for it and if I get that then I'll try my hand at Gastly.
    Wish me luck. hope you guys can get the shines you want!

You guys! I got my first BW2 shiny!!!!

I was running around in the Desert Resort looking for a Trapinch (because I lovelovelove Flygon), and I had just thought to myself, "Man, I'm going to find a shiny before I find a Trapinch", and then this appeared! I couldn't believe it and stared at my screen in disbelief for several seconds before running to get my camera. Maybe I can telepathically talk to electronics? He has a Calm nature, which is pretty much the worst nature ever for a Darumaka, but I love him anyway. I will be nicknaming him "Hom" when I get around to visiting the Name Rater (don't know why I didn't do that at first). I don't think I'll be using him on my in-game team. He'll go in my Box-o-Favorites instead with Genesect.
    Last edited by varanus_komodoensis; 15th October 2012 at 5:06 AM.

My trade shop is now open!
    Offering: HA Pokemon, Egg Moves, Shinies, Legends, and Events! I have game-exclusive MEGA STONES and ENIGMA BERRIES available for trade!

3DS FC: 5129-1087-8128 Friend Safari: Phanpy, Dugtrio, Diggersby
    IGN: Varanus

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.

^

Congratulations

Right now I'm hunting for shiny charmender using MM with shiny charm

one of the parents has the everstone with the timid nature and the other parent has power lens with max iv in sp.a

I hatched 460 egg without luck

My Shinies:

3DS FC : 0645-5808-1475
    Pokemon in My Safari: Dedenne, Helioptile, Manectric

Last night, I ran into a shiny Tranquil in Victory Road. Never really been a fan of the Pidove line, but I Unfezant's shiny sprite is pretty cool. He's a serious nature, which isn't great, but not bad either. I haven't got around to checking his IVs yet, but I don't think it really matters, I probably won't use him.

Am I the only one who gets excited when you see that flashy ring only to discover its one of N's pokemon, devastating...

Quote Originally Posted by Snowjoe View Post
    Am I the only one who gets excited when you see that flashy ring only to discover its one of N's pokemon, devastating...
    Nope I get excited to, I have all of his pokemon excluding purloin

I caught my shiny haxorus this morning (after SR'ing for nature's) I like the results here are the IV's

18/28/9/3/31/30

I think I caught a pretty good one since I can't RNG or anything once again if you want a better picture just click on it to open a new tab and it will be much clearer
    Summary:
    Stats:
    Last edited by SmeargleRocks; 15th October 2012 at 3:32 PM.

Badge: Wyvern Badge
    Credit: AstralShadow (userbar) & Kida-Ookami (badge)

3DS XL FC for Pokemon Y 2595-0724-5772 IGN SmeargleRocks
    Shiny Number 1268

I can offer gen6 cloning services, I will only clone what I don't have as glitch cloning can take awhile and be stressful

Self caught shinies on Y 24
    first successfull (and accidental) MM Shelmet timid 31/1/19/31/31/31 4:25 pm EST 4/14/14
    Shiny XD Gale of Darkness Zubat caught September 17th 2012 @ 4:24 pm EST cave PokeSpot

FUC* ALL HACKERS!!!

Hey guys, haven't been around for months but just bought pokemon black for something to do. Working on my shiny oshawott.

Wish me luck!
    Shinys using Masuda Method:

Shinys through random encounter:

Shinys through Soft resetting:

Finally got Black 2 today, Shiny Garchomp and Haxorus here I come, One thing I love about Black2/White2 is the inclusion of the EV reducing berries, now I can finally properly train my Shiny Leavanny, anyone got any recommendations for an impish Leavanny?

Finally got Black 2 today, Shiny Garchomp and Haxorus here I come, One thing I love about Black2/White2 is the inclusion of the EV reducing berries, now I can finally properly train my Shiny Leavanny, anyone got any recommendations for an impish Leavanny?

Quote Originally Posted by x.a.x View Post
    ^

Congratulations

Right now I'm hunting for shiny charmender using MM with shiny charm

one of the parents has the everstone with the timid nature and the other parent has power lens with max iv in sp.a

I hatched 460 egg without luck
    The shiny charm works on eggs too?

Finally got Black 2 today, Shiny Garchomp and Haxorus here I come
    Sorry if I ask, but why a Garchomp? It's almost identical to his normal form. Well maybe you're just gonna enjoy the sparkles ^^

I must've got 5 hours already of SRs for Tepig in black 2. I really got to get used at the idea that at this rate, It'll take me 8 weeks to cover 8192 Tepigs, and therefore I probably wont't find it before 2 months from now...
    I'm a bit afraid to be honest. Not that it'll take a lot, but that I might give up before I get it. And seeing my little brother going through the game before me is killing me inside a little bit >.<
    Last edited by Absol Wings; 17th October 2012 at 10:47 AM.

Credits:
    Sweep Freak for the profile picture and Sworn Metalhead for the awesome Delphox signature banner and badge

Sorry if I ask, but why a Garchomp? It's almost identical to his normal form. Well maybe you're just gonna enjoy the sparkles
    I say Garchomp because you are guaranteed a shiny Gible in the game so Garchomp would be logical, unless I am mistaken and you can choose between Gible and Dratini.

I say Garchomp because you are guaranteed a shiny Gible in the game so Garchomp would be logical, unless I am mistaken and you can choose between Gible and Dratini.
    No, you've got the right of it. Gible for Black 2, Dratini for White 2. Well, at least Gible's shiny form is kind of interesting, if Garchomp's is a little lackluster.

For my first shiny hunt I decided to MM Zorua. After 1069 eggs my 1070th was finally shiny! I'm so excited! Oh and congratulations/ good luck to everyone else. I think my next hunt will be Ponyta. Hopefully it wont take as long.
    White FC: 3396 4536 0418 Name:Kirin
    Soul Silver badge quest:
    1. SR: 1083
    2.Sprout Tower (4210 REs so far)
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________

Currently MMing: (60 and counting) Recent: (1070 eggs) (568 eggs) (949 eggs)

Spoiler:- Current Shinies:

Page 33 of 65 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast