Page 51 of 65 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 1601

Thread: 5th Gen Shiny Discussion/FAQ Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ShaunMHolder View Post
    Awesome shinies guys! Seeing that Shiny Registeel makes me want to start hunting for 3rd Gen Legends, but I promised myself I'd train all my other shinies first!
    Just keep in mind that on Emerald (and RS with dead batteries) the RNG advances exactly the same way each time, so you'll have to wait different amounts of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Agonist View Post
    Just keep in mind that on Emerald (and RS with dead batteries) the RNG advances exactly the same way each time, so you'll have to wait different amounts of time.
    I think they meant hunting for it on BW2 or on platinum for the Regis or possibly on HG and SS with groudon, kyogre and or Rayquaza

3DS XL FC for Pokemon Y 2595-0724-5772 IGN SmeargleRocks
    Shiny Number 1268

I can offer gen6 cloning services, I will only clone what I don't have as glitch cloning can take awhile and be stressful

Self caught shinies on Y 24
    first successfull (and accidental) MM Shelmet timid 31/1/19/31/31/31 4:25 pm EST 4/14/14
    Shiny XD Gale of Darkness Zubat caught September 17th 2012 @ 4:24 pm EST cave PokeSpot

FUC* ALL HACKERS!!!
    ALL Gen6 6IV Event pokemon are hacked

Question about Masuda Method.

If you breed a Foreign Ditto with an English pokemon, will the offspring be foreign?
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code; 4210 5213 4326
    Pokemon White Friend Code; 4471 0028 9938

Deino says hello!~

Quote Originally Posted by TrainerOreo View Post
    Question about Masuda Method.

If you breed a Foreign Ditto with an English pokemon, will the offspring be foreign?
    No the offspring will be the same native language as the game you are MM'ing on

Shiny Number 1268

I can offer gen6 cloning services, I will only clone what I don't have as glitch cloning can take awhile and be stressful

first successfull (and accidental) MM Shelmet timid 31/1/19/31/31/31 4:25 pm EST 4/14/14
    Shiny XD Gale of Darkness Zubat caught September 17th 2012 @ 4:24 pm EST cave PokeSpot

FUC* ALL HACKERS!!!

Lightbulb Might be another way..

Quote Originally Posted by Agonist View Post
    Unless you go find something to do for a while, like maybe a whole AA battery life span. Then you come back, all refreshed from maybe a contest winning a bunch of Luxury Balls, and go at it again with another 'Run Away' session.

Just so long your game isn't reset during that time - and your game system's power is not ever turned off.

Yes, the shiny seed with it's frames are set back to zero everytime you come back on to the title screen, but it's a strategic practice of coming and landing back at different times after some in-game activities. Just don't turn off & then keep standing still, - DO SOMETHING! You can have your 'Run Away' session another time after a while. So take relaxing breaks.

Of course, it's not guaranteed. This is how I'm trying it with my experiment, but only on 6 Legends. The 3 weather ones, and the 3 Regis.
    If there's any chance at all!, I will try something with the different circumstance Legend, Lati. But it will be a Pain! Because you can't leave your house after beating E4 without sticking to that one! It would always be the encountered one you see even if you 'Run Away'.

My one shot at this, without trying each micro-second of time Xs the thousands, will be to just kill the thing, beat E4, and see about it respawning. That's what I'm going to do & I'm going for pretty Latias.

After typeing this I remember that you don't have to ever turn off the power if you're playing it on DS-Lite. So put on a Flock of Wingulls CD, and 'Run Away', from the 6. I'm playing on a GB Advance, original, under a lamp. Was there an adapter for a plug-in charge?
    PokeBalls are biodegradable. Don't litter.
    ~Officer Jenny

Hey guys, quick Masuda question (apologies if it's already been asked). If I'm playing on an English Black 2 game and I get a Pokemon via the GTS from America, does that fulfil the requirements for Masuda or does it have to be a foreign language game?

Quote Originally Posted by TripleDan View Post
    Hey guys, quick Masuda question (apologies if it's already been asked). If I'm playing on an English Black 2 game and I get a Pokemon via the GTS from America, does that fulfil the requirements for Masuda or does it have to be a foreign language game?
    I can answer this one.

It's No. Must be two languages. Better get the Rosetta Stone program!
    ~Officer Jenny

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyGoogleplex View Post
    I can answer this one.

It's No. Must be two languages. Better get the Rosetta Stone program!
    Dammit, I only got my DS hooked up to the internet today, was excited to start MMing for a shiny Caterpie (Butterfree was my first ever lvl 100 back on Yellow, always had a soft spot for it). Oh well, thanks anyway!

Just different languages? So my Canadian Ditto doesn't count as international? Man, I've been misunderstanding how that works.
    Black: Keegan - 4127 4040 9358

Dammit, I only got my DS hooked up to the internet today, was excited to start MMing for a shiny Caterpie (Butterfree was my first ever lvl 100 back on Yellow, always had a soft spot for it). Oh well, thanks anyway!
    Don't curse. Just get more Caterpie from GTS. There're tons of 'em. In my Unity Tower on White, I have Japan of course, Mexico, Greece recently, Denmark, and Austria.
    ~Officer Jenny

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyGoogleplex View Post
    It's No. Must be two languages.
    Wrong, it had to be 2 different language Pokémon example a Pokémon from an American game and a japanese Pokémon game or anything that doesn't involve 1 parents of the same language
    Quote Originally Posted by penguinofhonor View Post
    Just different languages? So my Canadian Ditto doesn't count as international? Man, I've been misunderstanding how that works.
    Nope foreign to each other parents so they can't be from the same game and be from the same nationality of the game they don't even need to be native tour game just foreign parents that aren't from the same region

What no new shinies? Also I am SR'ing for braviary ATM

Shiny Number 1268

FUC* ALL HACKERS!!!

Also to be clear, people from GTS Can fake their location (country). One parent is to be from one language game-card, the other parent must be from a completely different language game-card. Regional printing in the factories I think it would equate to, although alot of stuff is "MADE IN CHINA".

If one copy has Japanese caligraphy(?) on it, and the other one says "El Pokemon Blanco" or "El Pokemon Negro", it works! It works to get it down to 1/2000 shiny.

And on a side note, a member I gave a response to went something like this:

Thanks. But that wasn't what I was talking about. You turn off your game - or it runs out of battery strenth to reset shiny seed to zero. I was trying to say get long-lasting batteries to have a longer 'Run Away' session. Once your game goes dead, it's back to zero again, and if that happens go on another adventure to possibly get the shiny frames rotating near to enough again, then another long-lasting 'Run Away' session.

I like to try to understand the mechanics of things too. And anticipating it's data (I don't do any RNG.). Spread the word on this. Thanks.
    Last edited by ShinyGoogleplex; 22nd January 2013 at 5:17 AM.
    ~Officer Jenny

Hey everyone, after just over two months since hatching my last Masuda Method shiny-i hatched another last night ^^:

Cyndaquil-a starter Pokemon that i've wanted for a long time and which a while back i tried to sr (soft reset) for and i can't wait till he's a Quilava (i don't like Typhlosion's shiny sprite much ^^'')

He came at 6:39pm on the 21st January 2013 (yesterday) after i'd hatched only 54 Cyndaquil eggs and 1,812 eggs in total since my shiny Purrloin in November (the longest between eggs so far x3)

He is a serious nature so the Everstone worked which is fine as i didn't want any effect on his stat growth, and he also has Extrasensory as an egg move ^^

This also marks my first non-Unova Masuda Method shiny...maybe i'll start hatching more older Pokemon now too, maybe do all the Johto starters and i really want a Finneon too. But i won't be doing any for a while now as i really need to complete Black 2 and start hatching on that game instead :3

Congratulations on alll recent shinies; especially the Lilligant, Cottonee, Landorus and Latios; they're all nice shinies ^^
    I love fire and electric types, hence my username!

Current soft reset targets: None

Current chaining targets (Platinum): and

Current random encounter targets (soulsilver badge quest-Route 32): over 300 encounters so far

Current Masuda Method hunt/s: (150 eggs so far)

Most recent shiny (White-MM): (16th April 2013) after 65 Venipede eggs and 185 eggs in total

Hello everyone! This is my first time and i wanted to ask a question if anyone knows! I'm trying to hatch a shiny zorua with masuda method and i also have the shiny charm! But i don't know if i am doing it right the way! I left a Japanese ditto with N's zorua from my game and when the old man told me about the egg i saved the game in front him without taking the egg! So i get 5 eggs, hatch them and then SR! Is this method ok for getting a shiny? I would like also to mention that i noticed that my first egg to hatch has always naughty nature and all the others stats different every time and the other 4 eggs that hatch are always different (natures and stats)! Is that a problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel_gr View Post
    Hello everyone! This is my first time and i wanted to ask a question if anyone knows! I'm trying to hatch a shiny zorua with masuda method and i also have the shiny charm! But i don't know if i am doing it right the way! I left a Japanese ditto with N's zorua from my game and when the old man told me about the egg i saved the game in front him without taking the egg! So i get 5 eggs, hatch them and then SR! Is this method ok for getting a shiny? I would like also to mention that i noticed that my first egg to hatch has always naughty nature and all the others stats different every time and the other 4 eggs that hatch are always different (natures and stats)! Is that a problem?
    You are doing it right. The game determines whether or not the pokemon is shiny once you take the egg. It should become apparent when you hatch them and the pokemon have different stats/genders than the last batch.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaunMHolder View Post
    You are doing it right. The game determines whether or not the pokemon is shiny once you take the egg. It should become apparent when you hatch them and the pokemon have different stats/genders than the last batch.
    Thank you for your answer!!!! Though the gender/stats are always different at the first to hatch, the nature is always the same......naughty... I can't understand why! And its ONLY at the first egg!

Thank you for your answer!!!! Though the gender/stats are always different at the first to hatch, the nature is always the same......naughty... I can't understand why! And its ONLY at the first egg!
    This is because in BW2 the first egg is always the same when you reset your game.
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.3.4.
    SS BQ: 1.2.3.

Quote Originally Posted by Dangertrout View Post
    This is because in BW2 the first egg is always the same when you reset your game.
    So in that case the first one will never be a shiny, right? And if that's true what if i change the saving time? I mean if i save the game before the old man calls me?

Well my first ever Masuda method went fantastically and I have a shiny Modest Magnemite after just 24 eggs!

So in that case the first one will never be a shiny, right? And if that's true what if i change the saving time? I mean if i save the game before the old man calls me?
    Not necessarily. It is possible for the first egg to be shiny, and if the first egg is shiny, then the first egg will always be shiny (good luck getting that to happen by chance though). The games breeding mechanics are screwed up ... bad. I haven't read up on it much because I never plan to breed on B/W2 since I have a perfectly fine version of White to breed on. However, the first egg will always be the same, regardless of species and parents. The IVs will change a bit, sure, but the first egg is pretty much trash. As long as you don't try to SR for a shiny egg though, none of this really matters.

As for trying to change the first egg, well, that would require you to start a new game. Basically, when a new game is started their is a call to the RNG made and a value stored, this is the value used for the egg. Typically, when a new egg is generated and collected a call to the RNG is made to randomly determine everything about the egg, however, in B/W2, the call to the RNG that would normally determine everything about the egg is replaced with the value stored when you started a new game. So, the call to the RNG that would normally occur does happen, but it is immediately overwritten with a static value. This static value will only ever change if you start a new game. The process is actually a lot more screwed up and complicated than that (for example, when a new egg is generated, the game creates the information for about 6 new pokemon for no reason, randomly grabs a few pieces of info from here and there, trashes 5 of the pokemon "blanks" and then stores the hodgepodge Frankenstein in the last area) but that is pretty much the general gist as far as I understand it. If you really want to know more, Bond, Kaphotics, and all of the other researches have put the coding up on smogon.
    My FC is: 1118-1633-7306
    Friend Safari: Poison - Cascoon, Venomoth, and Muk.

Quote Originally Posted by Hozu
    People can be whatever they want on the internet. I wonder why so many of them choose to be stupid.

Well my first ever Masuda method went fantastically and I have a shiny Modest Magnemite after just 24 eggs!
    Very well done my friend!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dewey911p View Post
    Not necessarily. It is possible for the first egg to be shiny, and if the first egg is shiny, then the first egg will always be shiny (good luck getting that to happen by chance though). The games breeding mechanics are screwed up ... bad. I haven't read up on it much because I never plan to breed on B/W2 since I have a perfectly fine version of White to breed on. However, the first egg will always be the same, regardless of species and parents. The IVs will change a bit, sure, but the first egg is pretty much trash. As long as you don't try to SR for a shiny egg though, none of this really matters.

As for trying to change the first egg, well, that would require you to start a new game. Basically, when a new game is started their is a call to the RNG made and a value stored, this is the value used for the egg. Typically, when a new egg is generated and collected a call to the RNG is made to randomly determine everything about the egg, however, in B/W2, the call to the RNG that would normally determine everything about the egg is replaced with the value stored when you started a new game. So, the call to the RNG that would normally occur does happen, but it is immediately overwritten with a static value. This static value will only ever change if you start a new game. The process is actually a lot more screwed up and complicated than that (for example, when a new egg is generated, the game creates the information for about 6 new pokemon for no reason, randomly grabs a few pieces of info from here and there, trashes 5 of the pokemon "blanks" and then stores the hodgepodge Frankenstein in the last area) but that is pretty much the general gist as far as I understand it. If you really want to know more, Bond, Kaphotics, and all of the other researches have put the coding up on smogon.
    Thank you very much for your answer though i feel a little disappointed right now about MM eggs To be honest i was trying to MM in my pokemon black game for a shinies but i dropped it when the black 2 came out and learned about shiny charm! I thought it would be easier to hunt them! I love shinies so much! It's quite a challenge for me! Back in the D/P games i have a lot of shinies through chaining but you can't chain at the new games MM is the second time for me cause i did it once in Pearl for a shiny charmander!

Thank you very much for your answer though i feel a little disappointed right now about MM eggs To be honest i was trying to MM in my pokemon black game for a shinies but i dropped it when the black 2 came out and learned about shiny charm! I thought it would be easier to hunt them! I love shinies so much! It's quite a challenge for me! Back in the D/P games i have a lot of shinies through chaining but you can't chain at the new games MM is the second time for me cause i did it once in Pearl for a shiny charmander!
    Oh I wouldn't worry about the mechanics too much really. MMing is definitely easier in B/W2 then any other game thus far. Everstone is now a 100% guarantee from what I hear so no more getting a beautiful shiny with a Lax nature and the odds of getting a shiny with MM + shiny charm are the lowest of any game yet aside from chaining! Throw in the oval charm and Game Freak is practically giving away shiny eggs! Well, that last part was an exaggeration, it can still take over 1000 eggs to get a shiny :/ As far as MMing goes though, the only negative side effect is every time you turn on your game, that first egg will be the same, after that though, everything is back to normal. And don't forget, the shiny charm works for SR and RE shiny pokemon also, so it is definitely better than B/W.

To be honest, the mechanics really just screw over people who RNG (like me ~.~) so there isn't much to worry about so long as you don't SR for the first egg.
    My FC is: 1118-1633-7306
    Friend Safari: Poison - Cascoon, Venomoth, and Muk.

Quote Originally Posted by Hozu
    People can be whatever they want on the internet. I wonder why so many of them choose to be stupid.

Very well done my friend!!!!!
    Little bit disappointed its IVs aren't great, but still, can't complain with such a quick shiny!

Quote Originally Posted by dewey911p View Post
    Oh I wouldn't worry about the mechanics too much really. MMing is definitely easier in B/W2 then any other game thus far. Everstone is now a 100% guarantee from what I hear so no more getting a beautiful shiny with a Lax nature and the odds of getting a shiny with MM + shiny charm are the lowest of any game yet aside from chaining! Throw in the oval charm and Game Freak is practically giving away shiny eggs! Well, that last part was an exaggeration, it can still take over 1000 eggs to get a shiny :/ As far as MMing goes though, the only negative side effect is every time you turn on your game, that first egg will be the same, after that though, everything is back to normal. And don't forget, the shiny charm works for SR and RE shiny pokemon also, so it is definitely better than B/W.

To be honest, the mechanics really just screw over people who RNG (like me ~.~) so there isn't much to worry about so long as you don't SR for the first egg.
    Well thank you again very much for your answer!!!! You are very kind!!!

Page 51 of 65 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast