Page 52 of 65 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,300 of 1601

Thread: 5th Gen Shiny Discussion/FAQ Thread

Quote Originally Posted by TripleDan View Post
    Little bit disappointed its IVs aren't great, but still, can't complain with such a quick shiny!
    To be honest i never had the chance to look for IVs and EVs and stuff like that! I am a shiny collector at the moment and that's what matters for me right now :P

Finally i hatched my first pokemon via masuda method in black 2. A shiny zorua!!!! Though i didn't count the number of eggs i think it was about 250-300!!!
    And here is a picture of it!!!!
    IMG_1458.jpg

I got my first Black 2 shiny today, completely by random! A shiny Herdier :/ not my favourite by far but it's a shiny! Ironically I had an adamant sync as first spot and.... It's modest haha, useless shiny!

EDIT: just got my first target! MMing a shiny Riolu 2 shinys in my black 2 today, my first 2!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Marvs; 26th January 2013 at 8:29 PM.
    Pokemon Black 2

Masuda

Random
    x2x2

Resets

Pokemon Y - 3DS Friend Code - 0731-6148-7742
    Safari Pokemon - Fraxure, Noibat, Druddigon

Hey, how can you soft reset for wild pokemon in tall grass? PM me to tell me how that works.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonquester View Post
    Hey, how can you soft reset for wild pokemon in tall grass? PM me to tell me how that works.
    You don't SR for wild pokemon, you only SR for stationary pokemon.
    My FC is: 1118-1633-7306
    Friend Safari: Poison - Cascoon, Venomoth, and Muk.

Quote Originally Posted by Hozu
    People can be whatever they want on the internet. I wonder why so many of them choose to be stupid.

Wow I've had a week long drought I'm bored or SR'ing for regice ATM, I may go back to RE or start on latias, wish me luck please

3DS XL FC for Pokemon Y 2595-0724-5772 IGN SmeargleRocks
    Shiny Number 1268

I can offer gen6 cloning services, I will only clone what I don't have as glitch cloning can take awhile and be stressful

Self caught shinies on Y 24
    first successfull (and accidental) MM Shelmet timid 31/1/19/31/31/31 4:25 pm EST 4/14/14
    Shiny XD Gale of Darkness Zubat caught September 17th 2012 @ 4:24 pm EST cave PokeSpot

FUC* ALL HACKERS!!!
    ALL Gen6 6IV Event pokemon are hacked

Hi, just popping in to ask a quick question: when SRing Thundurus and checking the dex to see if its shiny, can I just hit the R button, see if the sprite is shiny, and then reset? or do I have to actually go to its forms page? thanks.

Shiny Banner

Current Hunt: Thundurus ~ White ~ Soft Reset
    Most Recent Shiny: Unown I ~ HeartGold ~ Random Encounter ~ 4130 Encounters

Quote Originally Posted by DizzyCobraMew View Post
    Wow I've had a week long drought I'm bored or SR'ing for regice ATM, I may go back to RE or start on latias, wish me luck please
    Good luck!

I finally completed Black 2 today so i can start MMing on that version once i get to Route 3 and unlike my previous egg hatching on Black; on this game i will be breeding properly for natures, attacks and I.V's, if i'm going to be spending a lot of time hatching then by golly they will have good I.V's, natures and attacks to show for it.

Any idea who my first Masuda Method shiny on Black 2 should be? Also how do i pass down I.V's? ^^''
    Last edited by NitroLightningFlash; 27th January 2013 at 4:18 PM.
    I love fire and electric types, hence my username!

Current soft reset targets: None

Current chaining targets (Platinum): and

Current random encounter targets (soulsilver badge quest-Route 32): over 300 encounters so far

Current Masuda Method hunt/s: (150 eggs so far)

Most recent shiny (White-MM): (16th April 2013) after 65 Venipede eggs and 185 eggs in total

Quote Originally Posted by NitroLightningFlash View Post
    Good luck!

I finally completed Black 2 today so i can start MMing on that version once i get to Route 3 and unlike my previous egg hatching on Black; on this game i will be breeding properly for natures, attacks and I.V's, if i'm going to be spending a lot of time hatching then by golly they will have good I.V's, natures and attacks to show for it.

Any idea who my first Masuda Method shiny on Black 2 should be? Also how do i pass down I.V's? ^^''
    Thanks I wish you luck to, you pass down Ivs by using the power items like power braced for attack anklet for speed etc and everstone passes down nature of that parent

Shiny Number 1268

I can offer gen6 cloning services, I will only clone what I don't have as glitch cloning can take awhile and be stressful

first successfull (and accidental) MM Shelmet timid 31/1/19/31/31/31 4:25 pm EST 4/14/14
    Shiny XD Gale of Darkness Zubat caught September 17th 2012 @ 4:24 pm EST cave PokeSpot

FUC* ALL HACKERS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Corroded Arceus View Post
    Hi, just popping in to ask a quick question: when SRing Thundurus and checking the dex to see if its shiny, can I just hit the R button, see if the sprite is shiny, and then reset? or do I have to actually go to its forms page? thanks.
    If it's the first of its kind you've registered, you'll only have to look at the Pokédex and won't need to view its forms page.

Quote Originally Posted by The Eleventh View Post
    If it's the first of its kind you've registered, you'll only have to look at the Pokédex and won't need to view its forms page.
    Excellent, thankyou!
    I also discovered a shortcut for anyone hunting Thundurus/Tornadus: go onto the forms page and click the little box at the bottom of the page so you have a red tick. Now all you have to do is hit Y to go to the forms box!

Shiny Banner

Current Hunt: Thundurus ~ White ~ Soft Reset
    Most Recent Shiny: Unown I ~ HeartGold ~ Random Encounter ~ 4130 Encounters

I've decided to get back into Shiny hunting; I was inspired recently after trading a Shiny Shinx back to my friend who had lent it to me a while back. I want to try and find one of my own in Black version, so I've started collecting eggs from the Day Care Center after leaving my Luxray and my Japanese Ditto there. I hatched about 30 eggs last night, which wasn't quite as many as I wanted to hatch, but I've collected and hatched another 50 or so today, so I'm getting close to 100. I'll probably keep hatching 40 or 50 eggs per day in order to find that Shiny Shinx quickly, but it might still take a couple of months.

Haven't posted here in awhile, i got the shiny charm last week and already have found some shinies

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson_Blazer View Post
    Haven't posted here in awhile, i got the shiny charm last week and already have found some shinies

Congratulations I still haven't found my shiny koffing or mareep yet

Shiny Number 1268

FUC* ALL HACKERS!!!

Thanks I wish you luck to, you pass down Ivs by using the power items like power braced for attack anklet for speed etc and everstone passes down nature of that parent
    Ok thanks for the help, i'll have to find these items then hehe ^^''

Haven't managed to hatch any Pokemon at all today on Black 2 because i've been in the Dreamyard capturing a ton of Munna (for synchronise to help me find specific natures easier; once i have all 24 natures (it is 24 right?) i will be able to decide who my first MM shiny on Black 2 should be).

Also doing a Badge Quest on LeafGreen beginning with Charmander (100 soft resets so far), it's my first Badge Quest i have done (mainly i would just like more soft reset and random encounter shinies on my shiny card so they're not all Masuda Method shinies lol ^^'') i'll likely transfer them over to Black 2 after finishing my Badge Quest.

Congrats on the Bouffalant and Koffing they're cool shinies ^^
    Last edited by NitroLightningFlash; 28th January 2013 at 9:43 PM.
    I love fire and electric types, hence my username!

Current soft reset targets: None

Current chaining targets (Platinum): and

Current random encounter targets (soulsilver badge quest-Route 32): over 300 encounters so far

Current Masuda Method hunt/s: (150 eggs so far)

Most recent shiny (White-MM): (16th April 2013) after 65 Venipede eggs and 185 eggs in total

Quote Originally Posted by NitroLightningFlash View Post
    Ok thanks for the help, i'll have to find these items then hehe ^^''

Haven't managed to hatch any Pokemon at all today on Black 2 because i've been in the Dreamyard capturing a ton of Munna (for synchronise to help me find specific natures easier; once i have all 24 natures (it is 24 right?) i will be able to decide who my first MM shiny on Black 2 should be).

Also doing a Badge Quest on LeafGreen beginning with Charmander (100 soft resets so far), it's my first Badge Quest i have done (mainly i would just like more soft reset and random encounter shinies on my shiny card so they're not all Masuda Method shinies lol ^^'') i'll likely transfer them over to Black 2 after finishing my Badge Quest.

Congrats on the Bouffalant and Koffing they're cool shinies ^^
    There is really only 18 useful natures as 5 of them are neutral (Docile, Bashful, Serious, Hardy, and Quirky) and 2 raise one defense at the cost of the other (Lax, and Gentle), so those 6 are useless for anything really.
    My FC is: 1118-1633-7306
    Friend Safari: Poison - Cascoon, Venomoth, and Muk.

Quote Originally Posted by Hozu
    People can be whatever they want on the internet. I wonder why so many of them choose to be stupid.

If I have a female Cincinno with skill link and I find a compatible japanese male and they breed, this means I could potentially get the hidden ability AND a shiny correct?
    [[SHINIES]]
    chained:
    Random Encounter:
    Masuda: 1004 eggs 452 eggs 1380 eggs 371 eggs 21 eggs (with skill link and aqua tail and a naive nature=]) 418 eggs Froakie 15 eggs 119 eggs
    traded:
    Soft Reset:

Quote Originally Posted by Martinzqx View Post
    If I have a female Cincinno with skill link and I find a compatible japanese male and they breed, this means I could potentially get the hidden ability AND a shiny correct?
    Yes but the chances of getting that combo isn't always that great, it is possible but highly unlikely to be able to breed that however it is possible to get lucky enough to breed that but it could take a very long time

Shiny Number 1268

FUC* ALL HACKERS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Martinzqx View Post
    Yea I did this for my shiny DW shroomish. There is a 60% chance of the dw ability passing so its not too bad.
    Latest Shiny!
    Obtained 12/20/14
    Total Shinies: 261

Currently Hunting:
    Omega Ruby: Torchic. (SR)
    Pokemon X:

Found random shiny pidove jolly nature
    Hey everyone!
    My friend safari type is fire and the pokemons that can be found there are: Magmar, Larvesta, Fletchinder.

Yes but the chances of getting that combo isn't always that great, it is possible but highly unlikely to be able to breed that however it is possible to get lucky enough to breed that but it could take a very long time
    Thanks you for the information! I guess I have some hunting to do!
    [[SHINIES]]
    chained:
    Random Encounter:
    Masuda: 1004 eggs 452 eggs 1380 eggs 371 eggs 21 eggs (with skill link and aqua tail and a naive nature=]) 418 eggs Froakie 15 eggs 119 eggs
    traded:
    Soft Reset:

Quote Originally Posted by City Of Delusion View Post
    Yea I did this for my shiny DW shroomish. There is a 60% chance of the dw ability passing so its not too bad.
    Thank you as well!
    [[SHINIES]]
    chained:
    Random Encounter:
    traded:
    Soft Reset:

I've hatched another 120 or so eggs on my Shiny Shinx Masuda Method hunt. Although using the Masuda Method is my favorite way of hunting for Shiny Pokemon, it's still one of the most stressful things I've ever done in the games. I'm about to collect some more eggs and since I have a little extra time tonight, I should be able to hatched a couple dozen more before calling it a day. On another note, I really wish we could get a Shiny Keldeo and/or a Shiny Genesect; I just really want Shiny versions of those two Pokemon, plus Victini since the one in the games wasn't able to be Shiny.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    I've hatched another 120 or so eggs on my Shiny Shinx Masuda Method hunt. Although using the Masuda Method is my favorite way of hunting for Shiny Pokemon, it's still one of the most stressful things I've ever done in the games. I'm about to collect some more eggs and since I have a little extra time tonight, I should be able to hatched a couple dozen more before calling it a day. On another note, I really wish we could get a Shiny Keldeo and/or a Shiny Genesect; I just really want Shiny versions of those two Pokemon, plus Victini since the one in the games wasn't able to be Shiny.
    It's every players dream, but sadly Nintendo probably won't do those events, hopefully they'll do shiny genesect with the movie, otherwise their leading fans on to think you can get this but they'll lose a lot of fans if they don't do that event if you ask me, I could very well quit Pokémon if they don't, so its a toss up if I will even stay for Gen6 or leave Pokémon and the forums and never return, I would be extremely disappointed and also annoyed and fed up with Nintendo for that -_-

Shiny Number 1268

FUC* ALL HACKERS!!!

It's every players dream, but sadly Nintendo probably won't do those events, hopefully they'll do shiny genesect with the movie, otherwise their leading fans on to think you can get this but they'll lose a lot of fans if they don't do that event if you ask me, I could very well quit Pokémon if they don't, so its a toss up if I will even stay for Gen6 or leave Pokémon and the forums and never return, I would be extremely disappointed and also annoyed and fed up with Nintendo for that -_-
    They didn't have a problem with releasing a shiny Rayquaza for Jap players....
    Pokemon White 2_Hours: 714_Medals: 247/255_National Catcher 647/649 Missing Manaphy, Shaymin
    Pokemon X_Shiny_Octillery_Alomomola_Clawitzer x2_Goldeen_Luvdisc_Quilfish x4_Magicarp_Gyrados

Page 52 of 65 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662 ... LastLast