Page 53 of 65 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,325 of 1601

Thread: 5th Gen Shiny Discussion/FAQ Thread

Quote Originally Posted by dewey911p View Post
    There is really only 18 useful natures as 5 of them are neutral (Docile, Bashful, Serious, Hardy, and Quirky) and 2 raise one defense at the cost of the other (Lax, and Gentle), so those 6 are useless for anything really.
    Ah i see thank you for telling me ^^

After three days of lurking around in the Dreamyard in Black 2, i have all the natures possible on the synchronised Munna i caught though i'll be getting rid of the ones that have nuetral natures (thank you again for telling me Dewey911p :3), now i just have to decide which Pokemon to MM on Black 2 ^^''

In other news on my Black 1 version; since i have a shiny Cyndaquil i MM'd the other week, i decided to get all three Johto starters shiny, continuing with Chikorita (already hatched 90 eggs since i started) and have already gone 361 eggs since my last shiny hatched (Cyndaquil). I collected 6 boxes of Chikorita today and will hatch them tomorrow and see if i get lucky (probably not though as i only just got Cyndaquil basically x3)

Haven't worked on my LeafGreen shiny badge quest for Charmander the past couple days, but that's what i'll be working on tonight, got up to 100 soft resets the first night i started it and will hope to do at least 100 more tonight-i really would love a shiny Charizard :3
    I love fire and electric types, hence my username!

Current soft reset targets: None

Current chaining targets (Platinum): and

Current random encounter targets (soulsilver badge quest-Route 32): over 300 encounters so far

Current Masuda Method hunt/s: (150 eggs so far)

Most recent shiny (White-MM): (16th April 2013) after 65 Venipede eggs and 185 eggs in total

Quote Originally Posted by Bathrezz View Post
    They didn't have a problem with releasing a shiny Rayquaza for Jap players....
    I meant national Nintendo outside Japan, America doesn't release most events my examples are
    Nobunaga Rayquaza
    Janta and Carlita's Golurk We all saw the F***** shinies in both movies yet they deny it -_-
    YOTD Pokémon or eggs
    Kyushu Train event Pokémon
    Far Away Island Mew REALLY UPSET ME
    PC Fukuoka Kyogre and Groudon
    10aniv Kyogre and Groudon
    Meloetta for now
    PC strongest Pokémon
    And many more, I mean COME ON America, we are slow and lazy, We won't get 90% of the events we haven't had yet, it really irritates me

Also for shinies I haven't found any new ones since Registeel 2 weeks ago, I hope I can get another by tomorrow

3DS XL FC for Pokemon Y 2595-0724-5772 IGN SmeargleRocks
    Shiny Number 1268

I can offer gen6 cloning services, I will only clone what I don't have as glitch cloning can take awhile and be stressful

Self caught shinies on Y 24
    first successfull (and accidental) MM Shelmet timid 31/1/19/31/31/31 4:25 pm EST 4/14/14
    Shiny XD Gale of Darkness Zubat caught September 17th 2012 @ 4:24 pm EST cave PokeSpot

FUC* ALL HACKERS!!!
    ALL Gen6 6IV Event pokemon are hacked

Quote Originally Posted by DizzyCobraMew View Post
    It's every players dream, but sadly Nintendo probably won't do those events, hopefully they'll do shiny genesect with the movie, otherwise their leading fans on to think you can get this but they'll lose a lot of fans if they don't do that event if you ask me, I could very well quit Pokémon if they don't, so its a toss up if I will even stay for Gen6 or leave Pokémon and the forums and never return, I would be extremely disappointed and also annoyed and fed up with Nintendo for that -_-
    This is hilariously wrong. They won't lose any fans because they don't release something shiny.

Quote Originally Posted by Agonist View Post
    This is hilariously wrong. They won't lose any fans because they don't release something shiny.
    How's it "hilariously wrong" if I'm mainly talking about me leaving the forums and quitting Pokémon -_-

Shiny Number 1268

I can offer gen6 cloning services, I will only clone what I don't have as glitch cloning can take awhile and be stressful

first successfull (and accidental) MM Shelmet timid 31/1/19/31/31/31 4:25 pm EST 4/14/14
    Shiny XD Gale of Darkness Zubat caught September 17th 2012 @ 4:24 pm EST cave PokeSpot

FUC* ALL HACKERS!!!

I think they were referring to the "It's every players dream" part, rather than your personal decision.
    Some people don't care at all about shinies, and most of the ones who do won't quit the game because an event doesnt come shiny.
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.3.4.
    SS BQ: 1.2.3.4.

Yea I agree, quitting Pokemon over a shiny is abit extreme.
    Latest Shiny!
    Obtained 12/20/14
    Total Shinies: 261

Currently Hunting:
    Omega Ruby: Torchic. (SR)
    Pokemon X: Buneary. (MM)

Quote Originally Posted by City Of Delusion View Post
    Yea I agree, quitting Pokemon over a shiny is abit extreme.
    Not cause of the shiny, because of all the crap Nintendo is doing now, for example skipping events and cheaping out on everything, also for games meant to go everywhere but are released in just one general area, anyway I'm not gonna argue with anyone anymore cause I don't want to be the start of anything, I hate when I'm the cause of stuff cause of a disagreement or anything

Shiny Number 1268

FUC* ALL HACKERS!!!

Hey all,

It's been ages since I posted in the shiny topic or even visited the forums. Not much to report I've hardly played much of anything with real life taking over. (I mean that in a good way).
    I do however have 2 shinies to report they are Donphan found in Mt. Silver July of 2012 and about 8 days later (Still in July) I found a Shiny Scyther while participating in the Natl. Park Bug Contest. They both are in my White 2 transferred over from my HeartGold, the original version they were caught in. The Scyther is now a Scizor. Well, that's all! Ciao!
    The awesome Dragonite has been claimed by me.

I got the Shiny Charm with a play time of 69:03, with 958 encounters.
    Today, play time 94:10, 1290 encounters, I found my first shiny, Basculin.
    It took 332 Pokémon, most of which were Basculin (EV Training), and it doesn't even have Adaptability. Rock Head. Bashful. -cries-
    "I completed the National Dex at 12:03am on January 5th, 2013: if Gen VI is announced anytime soon I'm gonna be seriously angry."
    January 8th, 2012: Pokémon X and Y announced. Seriously angry.

Wow, seeing everyone's effort put into MM hatching or soft resetting for hatching is insane. It reminds me of when I was hanging out with my 8 year old nephew playing pokemon, and within 5 minutes of starting the game up he randomly finds a shiny clefairy in a cave.
    I've been playing pokemon since I was his age! (I'm old now!) and I've never, ever, ever found a random shiny!

I was catching Pokemon to get my dex full when a shiny Basculin appears! o.o I was like "really?" xD I don't have the best of luck with stuff. >.> It's my first shiny on Black 2. :3 It's nature is Jolly so not a bad one for Basculin right? O:

Art by Zinoviy from TBT forums.
    3DS Friend Code 1306-5891-7830
    Friend Safari Ground: Wooper, Nincada and Palpitoad.

Quote Originally Posted by darklover50 View Post
    I was catching Pokemon to get my dex full when a shiny Basculin appears! o.o I was like "really?" xD I don't have the best of luck with stuff. >.> It's my first shiny on Black 2. :3 It's nature is Jolly so not a bad one for Basculin right? O:
    A shiny is a shiny! ^-^

That is almost exactly the same as what happened to me back when I was working on the PokéDex back in October about 2 weeks after B2W2 came out, in my White 2. I had found a Shiny Deerling!
    Three Most Recent Shinies:

Registeel: Soft Reset(W2) / Latios: Soft Reset(B2) / Regice: Soft Reset(W2)
    PokéDex (Gen 5): 649/649 Completed as of March 4th, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by darklover50 View Post
    Congratulations on the Basculin! And yeah it's a pretty good nature for it, one of the best actually ^^

Hatched the six boxes of Chikorita eggs i collected over the past few days and no shiny Chikorita, (bringing my total up to 390 Chikorita eggs hatched and 661 eggs hatched in total since my shiny Cyndaquil 2 weeks ago), although some hatchlings have good IV's; i went all out and collected ten more boxes of them yesterday, which i'm going to continue hatching today (only hatched like 1 and a half of them last night) and it's the weekend so who knows! xD

I decided if none shine this time that i'd just collect five eggs and keep soft resetting until one of the five shine (unless they wind up being good IV'd) as releasing a lot of Chikorita is time consuming. Thank heavens for Pass Powers and Flame Body, seriously my Larvesta must have happiness of like 1000+++ by now the amount of time she spends in my team hatching x.x''

Does anybody know if it'll be more efficient hatching that way (five and if not shiny-reset rather than like roughly 7-8 boxes at a time?)

Haven't been soft resetting for Charmander on my LeafGreen badge quest-i DID get up to 200 soft resets the other night like i said though, it's just i want Chikorita more than Charmander right now hence i've been lazy on LeafGreen x'D

Not sure still who to MM on Black 2 ^^''
    Last edited by NitroLightningFlash; 2nd February 2013 at 8:16 AM.

Current random encounter targets (soulsilver badge quest-Route 32): over 300 encounters so far

Most recent shiny (White-MM): (16th April 2013) after 65 Venipede eggs and 185 eggs in total

Quote Originally Posted by NitroLightningFlash View Post
    Does anybody know if it'll be more efficient hatching that way (five and if not shiny-reset rather than like roughly 7-8 boxes at a time?)
    Your odds are the same either way as both methods will produce equally random results. However (and I'm sure everyone knows this, but I'll say it just to be sure) make sure you are not SRing after you have collected the eggs. Once the eggs are in your party, they are set in stone.

I suppose SR would be faster as you wouldn't need to release a PC full of pokemon each time though.
    My FC is: 1118-1633-7306
    Friend Safari: Poison - Cascoon, Venomoth, and Muk.

Quote Originally Posted by Hozu
    People can be whatever they want on the internet. I wonder why so many of them choose to be stupid.

Finally i got my shiny Snivy!!! After 633 eggs it shined for me Now i have to think which one will be the next to try!!! Well done to everyone who caught a shiny recently and good luck to those who are still trying!!!!!

Yesterday I got a shiny Watchog with only 10 encounters. It's my new record for sure! And last month I got a shiny Mesprit (it took me around 10 hours) too.

WOW just caught a shiny Bronzong at the Abundant Shrine, my adamant sync worked I'm really happy that only about 100RE's today I got a shiny at encounter # 11,474 Lv36 Heatproof Alert to sounds and the Ivs aren't bad 12/26/24/25/7/31 and all in a Luxury Ball with a Critical Capture to
    Last edited by SmeargleRocks; 5th February 2013 at 3:55 AM.

Shiny Number 1268

FUC* ALL HACKERS!!!

SCORE! I just hatched 2 shiny bagons actually XD. I was aiming for 1, but hatched 2 gotta loves the Masuda Method. and q is adamant other is jolly!

Credits: Large UserBar Banner Made By Sworn Metalhead @ Daedric Design

I hatched another 100 or so Shinx eggs this weekend for my Shiny Shinx Masuda Method hunt. I'm actually surprised that I was able to hatch that many given how busy I was with other things. I was able to hatch 30 more today; I would have hatched more, but I got bored of seeing Skyarrow Bridge so I went to do something else in the game. I probably won't hatch any eggs tomorrow , but I plan on continuing the hunt on Wednesday if I have time, or if not on the weekend instead. Good luck to everyone else on their hunts and such.

Quote Originally Posted by dewey911p View Post
    Your odds are the same either way as both methods will produce equally random results. However (and I'm sure everyone knows this, but I'll say it just to be sure) make sure you are not SRing after you have collected the eggs. Once the eggs are in your party, they are set in stone.

I suppose SR would be faster as you wouldn't need to release a PC full of pokemon each time though.
    Thanks! I'll try that then ^^

Finished hatching all the Chikorita eggs today (i went over 10 boxes so i took 4 days x.x'') and still no golden Chikorita, bringing the total eggs hatched to 840 Chikorita eggs and 1,111 eggs in total since my last shiny. I only have 3 spare empty boxes now so i'll fill in those 3 with eggs today and hopefully one will shine though i doubt it, i don't mind longer hunts though as it makes me feel i earned it more haha, i just dread releasing all the Chikorita...

Due to me only concentrating on Chikorita, i still haven't soft reset for Charmander on my LeafGreen Badge Quest (200 resets) for nearly a week and i hope to be able to work on him soon, maybe today after releasing all the Chikorita, haven't worked on Black 2 either as i still don't know who to Masuda Method for ^^''

Congrats on the Snivy, Watchog, Bronzong and the two Bagons!
    Last edited by NitroLightningFlash; 5th February 2013 at 6:01 AM.

Just got a shiny Oshawott. Finally! She's Naive and Somewhat of a clown, so her speed should be good. I'll be SR on SS to do a badge quest on there as well, but when I get too bored I'll come back to Black2 for my first badge quest. Congrats to everybody on their shinies, and good luck getting more!
    Black 2 (Badge quest): Flare Lv.16, Aerial Lv.18, Lava Lv.10, Aura Lv.14, Beacon Lv.15, MEOWTH Lv.100 (I know I suck at nicknaming. That's why I never nickname anybody, but for this I will be with the exception of shinies. Also, MEOWTH is only for making money with Pickup.)

Badge count: 1
    Shiny count: 1

Current shiny hunt:0/641
    Shinies:X2 (M/F),,(F)

112 encounters in the Lostlorn Forest BW2. Jolly nature too.

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1469-6412 (PM Me If You'd Like To Exchange 3DS Friend Codes!!)
    YouTube | Facebook | GooglePlus | Forums | Pokemon & Yu-Gi-Oh! Blog

WiFi Battles & Pokemon LPs: http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePokeeGamer

Quote Originally Posted by TopDecking Shinobi View Post

112 encounters in the Lostlorn Forest BW2. Jolly nature too.
    Well holy poop nice job I'm still hunting in the lostlorn forest on white 2 near 300-500 encounters and nothing yet :3

Shiny Number 1268

FUC* ALL HACKERS!!!

Yeah I'm on Route 12 now trying for a Roselia or Heracross. Hopefully no male shiny Combee. >_<

EDIT:

Holy **** looky what I found:

1108 encounters!
    Last edited by TopDecking Shinobi; 8th February 2013 at 2:53 AM.

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1469-6412 (PM Me If You'd Like To Exchange 3DS Friend Codes!!)
    YouTube | Facebook | GooglePlus | Forums | Pokemon & Yu-Gi-Oh! Blog

WiFi Battles & Pokemon LPs: http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePokeeGamer

Quote Originally Posted by TopDecking Shinobi View Post
    Yeah I'm on Route 12 now trying for a Roselia or Heracross. Hopefully no male shiny Combee. >_<

EDIT:

Holy **** looky what I found:

1108 encounters!
    At least someone's getting some luck XD I'm on a 3 days dry streak now, hoping for pinsir, mainly cause ive caught 2 shiny roselia on my games but have never had a shiny pinsir, wish me luck in getting one, hope mg sync works again and if pinsir shines I hope it'll have mold breaker, look at me setting ultra standards XD

Shiny Number 1268

FUC* ALL HACKERS!!!

Page 53 of 65 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763 ... LastLast