Page 54 of 65 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864 ... LastLast
Results 1,326 to 1,350 of 1601

Thread: 5th Gen Shiny Discussion/FAQ Thread

Quote Originally Posted by DizzyCobraMew View Post
    At least someone's getting some luck XD I'm on a 3 days dry streak now, hoping for pinsir, mainly cause ive caught 2 shiny roselia on my games but have never had a shiny pinsir, wish me luck in getting one, hope mg sync works again and if pinsir shines I hope it'll have mold breaker, look at me setting ultra standards XD
    Gl bro lol. Starting another hunt at Reversal Mountain.

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1469-6412 (PM Me If You'd Like To Exchange 3DS Friend Codes!!)
    YouTube | Facebook | GooglePlus | Forums | Pokemon & Yu-Gi-Oh! Blog

WiFi Battles & Pokemon LPs: http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePokeeGamer

Quote Originally Posted by TopDecking Shinobi View Post
    Gl bro lol. Starting another hunt at Reversal Mountain.
    I'm at about 800 encounters today, nothing at all. Getting bored of encounters so I'm gonna switch to the Nature Reserve now :/

3DS XL FC for Pokemon Y 2595-0724-5772 IGN SmeargleRocks
    Shiny Number 1268

I can offer gen6 cloning services, I will only clone what I don't have as glitch cloning can take awhile and be stressful

Self caught shinies on Y 24
    first successfull (and accidental) MM Shelmet timid 31/1/19/31/31/31 4:25 pm EST 4/14/14
    Shiny XD Gale of Darkness Zubat caught September 17th 2012 @ 4:24 pm EST cave PokeSpot

FUC* ALL HACKERS!!!
    ALL Gen6 6IV Event pokemon are hacked

1749 encounters at Reversal Mountain so far. Hoping for that Skarmory or Vibrava.

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1469-6412 (PM Me If You'd Like To Exchange 3DS Friend Codes!!)

I'm at 13,379 encounters and I'm bored so I'm just gonna go and shovel the 29 inches of snow we got -_-

Shiny Number 1268

I can offer gen6 cloning services, I will only clone what I don't have as glitch cloning can take awhile and be stressful

first successfull (and accidental) MM Shelmet timid 31/1/19/31/31/31 4:25 pm EST 4/14/14
    Shiny XD Gale of Darkness Zubat caught September 17th 2012 @ 4:24 pm EST cave PokeSpot

FUC* ALL HACKERS!!!

2281 encounters now. No point in me shoveling cause they keep shoving snow back in front of our car. lol.

Still no luck in MM 400 Torchic Egg + 1500 Zorua Egg, Nothing
    FC WHITE 2 : FROZ 3569-0574-7035

TIME ZONE GMT+8

- (big groan coming..) Guess Who?!

Well actually my latest shiny is Sealeo from the Spheal I also caught. But this guy was RE'd and thus brings my total to 5 shinies on Emerald.
    PokeBalls are biodegradable. Don't litter.
    ~Officer Jenny

Quick question, to SR effectively in BW & 2, does it matter if you have C-Gear on or not? Reason why is because of the stuff I heard about RNGing and how time (to the very second) affects the Random Number Generator of the games, meaning that it could affect your chances of getting a shiny if you simply miss the number by a second. Just wondering, I could be overthinking things (I tend to do that a lot, especially with math.)
    RNG Practice to get perfect shiny legends from BW2

Friend Code: 4124-5357-7452 PM me if you add.
    Safari: Flying
    Pokemon: Pidgey, Woobat, Tropius

I've hatched another hundred eggs since I last updated. I would have hatched a lot more, but I've been really busy with other stuff and I can't seem to concentrate on this hunt very much even when I do have free time. Plus I recently got my Wi-Fi back up and I've been doing more trades than anything else in my game. Still, I'm going to try and hatch more eggs tomorrow; I have at least thirty eggs in my PC that I deposited the other day, so I'll get to work on those as soon as I have time. Who knows, maybe the Shiny Shinx that I'm after is in one of those eggs lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanethedragon View Post
    Quick question, to SR effectively in BW & 2, does it matter if you have C-Gear on or not? Reason why is because of the stuff I heard about RNGing and how time (to the very second) affects the Random Number Generator of the games, meaning that it could affect your chances of getting a shiny if you simply miss the number by a second. Just wondering, I could be overthinking things (I tend to do that a lot, especially with math.)
    For you it wouldn't matter if the C-Gear is on or not. All it does is advances the frame by like 10 or something (Can't remember exactly)
    Just mash A to turn on the C-Gear. It really doesn't affect shiny hunters.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenotwapal View Post
    For you it wouldn't matter if the C-Gear is on or not. All it does is advances the frame by like 10 or something (Can't remember exactly)
    Just mash A to turn on the C-Gear. It really doesn't affect shiny hunters.
    So basically meaning, by doing so, I either A. better my chances, or B.worsen them?

Quote Originally Posted by Kanethedragon View Post
    So basically meaning, by doing so, I either A. better my chances, or B.worsen them?
    It has no relevance to shiny hunters. It neither helps nor hinders you.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenotwapal View Post
    It has no relevance to shiny hunters. It neither helps nor hinders you.
    Basically meaning, to most hunters they don't really care either or? Well, I guess it doesn't matter really. The only reason is I plan to have Kyurem shine for me within a certain time frame (3 more days) and I was wondering if doing so would throw me off big time. I've been trying to get him to shine for a while now (2 months with breaks) and I don't have the tools to RNG effectively (first of all I need Windows 7 to even think about trying to RNG on B2 and W2 and I can't exactly count the seconds efficiently, and I don't understand on how to calculate IV ranges well, which is why I'm resorting back to hunting. Oh well. My chances of getting it within the next few days are slim, even with the Shiny Charm (started trying ever since I got it). I guess I'll walk in shame as I try find find a more fitting replacement.

i really prefer chaining, phew, got 3 shiny from 1 chain this day, and 1 last night, grr, i suck at MMing,
    FC WHITE 2 : FROZ 3569-0574-7035

TIME ZONE GMT+8

At 2830 encounters for Reversal Mountain.

Squeee! Just started a new game of Black2, and was running around Route 20 training. Only ran into a few pokemon, when out pops this Patrat with beautiful blue eyes! His stats aren't that great, but hey, he was a RE!!!
    View my trade shop here: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...e-s-Trade-Shop

English Black FC: 0948 4275 8925
    English White FC: 1163 7087 2919

Ugh... 1,938 Eggs for Shiny Electrike... I really hope it shines before 2,000... I really want this hunt to finish soon so I can go EV train some Pokémon.

This hunt has been my longest hunt so far... (My quickest was Skarmory with 15 RE's) But I'm still gonna stay positive! I shall not give up on reclaiming my Shiny Electrike! (My first one was stolen a long time ago....)
    Three Most Recent Shinies:

Registeel: Soft Reset(W2) / Latios: Soft Reset(B2) / Regice: Soft Reset(W2)
    PokéDex (Gen 5): 649/649 Completed as of March 4th, 2013

Anyone willing to trade a shiny Rayquaza (any level) for a LV.100 shiny palkia?

Wow 2 shinies on one hour, adamant Palpitoad in Pinwheel Forest, and Lonely Liepard on route 9 both on my lucky White 2 game at encounters 14,444 and 14,537 respectively I'm super happy
    I hope I can get a third before I go to bed
    Just checked and Palpitoad is 25% chance finding in the forest and Liepard is only 10% so I'm kinda happy and lucky tonight
    Last edited by SmeargleRocks; 17th February 2013 at 6:29 AM.

Shiny Number 1268

FUC* ALL HACKERS!!!

Hey everyone it's been forever since I've posted here, but since I got White 2 hadn't been shiny hunting, however recently while training in the Nature Preserve I came across a Shiny Girafrig, had a Brave nature which is terrible but a shiny's a shiny. Later on that week while in the Virbank Complex I found a Shiny Koffing and also a horrid nature, Bold. Still just wanted to share and also let you guys know that its very motivating seeing people still hunting for there Shiny's! SO good luck to all with your hunts!
    The famous Shiny Hunter Zase. So famous you've never heard of me! Here's a bunch of my Shiny's, and whether you believe me or not they're %100 LEGIT!

Current Hunts: BW2 SR Pt SR HG BQ: Random, National Park
    MY HG BQ so far... :

One time I was lying in bed looking up at the stars, then I realized something, WHERE THE HECK IS MY ROOF!?!?

^ Bold is actually one of the best natures for Koffing since it raises defense, Koffing/Weezing's highest stat.

Also, gratz on the all shinies lately! especially DizzyCobraMew, on Palpitoad and Liepard in one day!
    Latest Shiny!
    Obtained 12/20/14
    Total Shinies: 261

Currently Hunting:
    Omega Ruby: Torchic. (SR)
    Pokemon X: Buneary. (MM)

I got a question. Is the Masuda method still applicable if the pokemon egg came from a Japanese version of the game but it hatched in a American version?

Quote Originally Posted by City Of Delusion View Post
    ^ Bold is actually one of the best natures for Koffing since it raises defense, Koffing/Weezing's highest stat.

Also, gratz on the all shinies lately! especially DizzyCobraMew, on Palpitoad and Liepard in one day!
    Thanks, I plan on hunting again in the morning and posting pictures tomorrow of my new shinies from yesterday, technically

Shiny Number 1268

FUC* ALL HACKERS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by denday View Post
    I got a question. Is the Masuda method still applicable if the pokemon egg came from a Japanese version of the game but it hatched in a American version?
    Trading the egg negates any bonus you would get from MMing, so a traded egg will always have a 1/8192 (Is that number right?) chance of hatching shiny. Also, the MM refers to the parents, so even if trading didn't negate the effect, if the parents are from the same language, there is no bonus.
    My FC is: 1118-1633-7306
    Friend Safari: Poison - Cascoon, Venomoth, and Muk.

Quote Originally Posted by Hozu
    People can be whatever they want on the internet. I wonder why so many of them choose to be stupid.

Clone legits pokemons affects the pokemon?

Page 54 of 65 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864 ... LastLast