Page 55 of 65 FirstFirst ... 545515253545556575859 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,375 of 1601

Thread: 5th Gen Shiny Discussion/FAQ Thread

Shiny adamant tepig hatches after 865 eggs

I've played Black for 400 hours now, and I still haven't even seen a shiny! I have such bad luck with shinies. To be honest there isn't really an 'easy' way to get a shiny RE in Black though.
    I have OFFICIALLY Claimed Pokemon Sapphire, Mudkip and Steven Stone!
    Major Thanks to epicjirachifan from The Comet Graphics for the Awesome Fire Emblem Banner!

Hey everyone, I'm back, after being gone for awhile I decided to pick up Pokemon Black 2 again once I heard about the new Pokemon X/Y, In Castelia City working on storyline, hoping to find a shiny soon, haven't seen one since my Shiny Leavanny in Black, good luck to everyone on their hunts. ^_^
    Shiny Pokemon collection http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...9820979&type=3

Shiny Dex Completion - 0/649

National Dex Completion - 375/649

Quote Originally Posted by tomatohater View Post
    I've played Black for 400 hours now, and I still haven't even seen a shiny! I have such bad luck with shinies. To be honest there isn't really an 'easy' way to get a shiny RE in Black though.
    I maxed out the time on my platinum with over 70,000 encounters and never got one. Keep going your patience will be rewarded!

So guys, havent posted in this thread in ages, so congrats on all the shinies since! I started a charmander mm recently, in hope of getting the beautiful shiny charizard. And yesterday after 768 eggs he decided to shine. Its w2 so my everstone worked and i got rash. He evolved and currently being ev trained.Gl
    My Shiny Pokemon:

5th Gen:
    ;Emolga; ;Solosis;

6th Gen:
    Greninja ;Volcarona; (X2) Aegislash ;Lampent; Diggersby

Luvin' the t'wigs <3
    3DS fc: Paddy 2621-3316-5077 (Pm if you add me)

Got a 5% shiny Misdreavus after 10,237 encounters!

and Timid nature! I'm in awe right now..
    Shiny Kalos Challenge!
    (Obtain all 6th gen shinies)
    53/66 Obtained!
    Latest Shiny!
    Obtained 4/14/14
    Total Shinies: 239

Currently Hunting:
    Pokemon X: Spritzee. (MM)
    Pokemon Y: Route 10.
    Black 2: Abundant Shrine. (RE)
    Pokemon Y Badge Quest!

Congrats on the Misdreavus! And the rest of the shinies guys! Currently doing my first MM hunt on White 2, Just got the Oval/Shiny Charm and I'm officially hunting my Golett, wish me luck!
    [IMG]http://i58.*******.com/28a846d.jpg[/IMG]

Ran into my 1st shiny in my White 2. A shiny female Golbat . Caught me off guard, since I wasn't shiny hunting. It's lv. 66 and it has a hasty nature. Would post a pic of it, but I don't have a camera right now . Might post a pic when I can though.
    Looking forward to the release of Pokémon X and Y.

Credit goes out to Crasher for the banner

I found a handful of shinies in Soul Silver, but since starting White I haven't seen a one. ...and I really don't have the patience to breed hundreds of eggs for the slight chance of getting one.
    SS: Vappy 1335 7230 1547
    W: Vappy 4041 5508 6002
    3DS (X): Vappy 0834 0950 6490

I traded yesterday on GTS and I got a shiny Hydraegon and a shiny Mightyena.

"Small but Brave! Keldeo the Hero!!"

3DS FC- 4141-3093-5467

FS- Flying Safari- Hawlucha,Woobat,Spearow

Please add me to your Friend Roster!

Random shiny mareep in soul silver xDD
    Hey everyone!
    My friend safari type is fire and the pokemons that can be found there are: Magmar, Larvesta, Fletchinder.

Quote Originally Posted by City Of Delusion View Post
    Got a 5% shiny Misdreavus after 10,237 encounters!

and Timid nature! I'm in awe right now..
    Well DAMN I'm in awe about that small chance shiny and nature nice job : D, I have done about another 1,000 encounters and no shinies since last week oh well wish me luck in hopefully finding some again this week
    Smeargl: White 2~ 2495 5855 5060
    3DS XL FC for pokemon Y 2595-0724-5772 IGN SmeargleRock
    FS, Meditite Throh Tyrogue
    Shiny Number 1268

I can offer gen6 cloning services, I will only clone what I don't already have and require I can keep a clone of it
    Self caught shinies on Y 20
    Shiny Kalos Pokemon 24/69
    Shiny XD Zubat caught September 17th 2012 @ 4:24 pm EST cave PokeSpot

FUC* ALL HACKERS!!!

Well i have a couple more shinies to report...though still haven't hatched a shiny Chikorita ^^''

In Platinum after just ONE soft reset (15th February 2013)!!

will transfer to Black 2 in the end

and:

Black after 775 Litwick encounters and 1851 in total (21st February 2013):

I started this hunt only on Tuesday night (19th February 2013)-i decided to go to Celestial Tower and EV train and was hoping to try and bump into a shiny Litwick on the second floor (as Litwick is 100% there); and sure enough today (21st February 2013) at 7:24am this shiny Litwick graced my screen after only 775 Litwick encounters and 1851 in total since starting my game ^^

My Musharna's Synchronise worked too so she's a Modest nature, haven't worked out her IV's yet, and this is my first shiny that i've worked on finding (all others in the wild are random and i wasn't expecting them too) ^^

I didn't expect one to come so fast and sorry about the rubbish camera quality-but i'd only just basically got up and was excited ^^

As for my badge quest for Charmander (LeafGreen) and hatching for a shiny Chikorita-i haven't managed to get anywhere with those yet; but i think i'll put LeafGreen on hold for now and i collected another 10 boxes full of Chikorita eggs over the past 2 days; though i accidently pressed my Black cart out of my Ds Lite today and lost a box of collected eggs and i really hope it didn't contain my shiny Chikorita-but two shinies in 6 days....i'm not complaining : P I'll hatch the 10 boxes of eggs in my own time when i need a break from EV training.

Now i've collected 10 boxes of Chikorita eggs; i'm going back to Celestial Tower to EV train more Pokemon and...just maybe might bump into another shiny (lol probably not xD). I'm also now going to work at random encountering more too now i know what it intails (Serebii.net has taught me a lot ^^).

As for Black 2...i'm beginning to think it's an unlucky file as i haven't managed to find anything since my shiny Cottonee i found a while back...my Black 1 version has all the luck it seems xDDD

Congratulations on all recent shinies
    Last edited by NitroLightningFlash; 21st February 2013 at 6:38 PM.
    I love fire and electric types, hence my username!

Current soft reset targets: None

Current chaining targets (Platinum): and

Current random encounter targets (soulsilver badge quest-Route 32): over 300 encounters so far

Current Masuda Method hunt/s: (150 eggs so far)

Most recent shiny (White-MM): (16th April 2013) after 65 Venipede eggs and 185 eggs in total

Quote Originally Posted by NitroLightningFlash View Post
    Well i have a couple more shinies to report...though still haven't hatched a shiny Chikorita ^^''

In Platinum after just ONE soft reset (15th February 2013)!!

will transfer to Black 2 in the end

and:

Black after 775 Litwick encounters and 1851 in total (21st February 2013):

I started this hunt only on Tuesday night (19th February 2013)-i decided to go to Celestial Tower and EV train and was hoping to try and bump into a shiny Litwick on the second floor (as Litwick is 100% there); and sure enough today (21st February 2013) at 7:24am this shiny Litwick graced my screen after only 775 Litwick encounters and 1851 in total since starting my game ^^

My Musharna's Synchronise worked too so she's a Modest nature, haven't worked out her IV's yet, and this is my first shiny that i've worked on finding (all others in the wild are random and i wasn't expecting them too) ^^

I didn't expect one to come so fast and sorry about the rubbish camera quality-but i'd only just basically got up and was excited ^^

As for my badge quest for Charmander (LeafGreen) and hatching for a shiny Chikorita-i haven't managed to get anywhere with those yet; but i think i'll put LeafGreen on hold for now and i collected another 10 boxes full of Chikorita eggs over the past 2 days; though i accidently pressed my Black cart out of my Ds Lite today and lost a box of collected eggs and i really hope it didn't contain my shiny Chikorita-but two shinies in 6 days....i'm not complaining : P I'll hatch the 10 boxes of eggs in my own time when i need a break from EV training.

Now i've collected 10 boxes of Chikorita eggs; i'm going back to Celestial Tower to EV train more Pokemon and...just maybe might bump into another shiny (lol probably not xD). I'm also now going to work at random encountering more too now i know what it intails (Serebii.net has taught me a lot ^^).

As for Black 2...i'm beginning to think it's an unlucky file as i haven't managed to find anything since my shiny Cottonee i found a while back...my Black 1 version has all the luck it seems xDDD

Congratulations on all recent shinies
    Nice job and congrats especially on Giratina, been meaning to go back and get mine but really cool and a decent nature to boot as well so congrats on both shinies
    Smeargl: White 2~ 2495 5855 5060
    3DS XL FC for pokemon Y 2595-0724-5772 IGN SmeargleRock
    FS, Meditite Throh Tyrogue
    Shiny Number 1268

I can offer gen6 cloning services, I will only clone what I don't already have and require I can keep a clone of it
    Self caught shinies on Y 20
    Shiny Kalos Pokemon 24/69
    Shiny XD Zubat caught September 17th 2012 @ 4:24 pm EST cave PokeSpot

FUC* ALL HACKERS!!!

Copy paste from shiny thread...

Wow really quick hunt, after only 1,598 encounters shiny Rufflet appears, and i got it live, careful nature caught in pokeball
    http://i466.photobucket.com/albums/r...7CC02E9E9A.jpg
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ab5xxNph8oE&sns=em

I traded my wi-fi Keldeo for a shiny LV1 Charmander yesterday

"Small but Brave! Keldeo the Hero!!"

3DS FC- 4141-3093-5467

FS- Flying Safari- Hawlucha,Woobat,Spearow

Please add me to your Friend Roster!

I've never posted in this thread before, but some of you may recognise me from the General Shiny Thread? Anyways, I'm Lunafloon, and I have 10 shinies! None are 5th Gen Pokémon yet, but 3 have been hatched or caught in White 2! Yay!

I'm currently SRing Snivy in Black 2, at 1316 SR's so far, it's taking a while but I'm getting there, and 2241 RE at Virbank Complex for a race with my boyfriend. I'm hoping for Growlithe! This is all in my signature but I thought I'd just fill you in since it's my first post... I also have one non-Gen-5 hunt which wouldn't fit here, though I haven't started it quite yet anyways...

Anyways! My reason for coming here today is just out of curiosity! I love hearing success stories of shinies I'm hunting for, so I'm wandering who here in this thread has SR'd a shiny started in Black/White/Black 2/White 2? If so, I'd love to hear about it, whether it be how long or how many SR's it took or nicknames! Or if you're still hunting, how far are you into the hunt so far? Thank you in advance if anyone shares their expiriences with me!

Also, good luck on your hunts! :D
    Last edited by Lunafloon; 24th February 2013 at 10:01 PM.
    ~Newest Shiny: Porygon + Wartortle~
    ~Hunting~

26,286 RE's
    ~Shiny List - Click Here~

It would be nice if there's a sp attack/speed version of intimidate

Pokémon X (3DS) FC: 1332-8918-6873
    Type Grass: Petilil, Pansage, Gogoat

Credit: AstralShadow (userbar) & Kida-Ookami (badge)
        Spoiler:- Badges:

Quote Originally Posted by Lunafloon View Post
    I've never posted in this thread before, but some of you may recognise me from the General Shiny Thread? Anyways, I'm Lunafloon, and I have 10 shinies! None are 5th Gen Pokémon yet, but 3 have been hatched or caught in White 2! Yay!

I'm currently SRing Snivy in Black 2, at 1316 SR's so far, it's taking a while but I'm getting there, and 2241 RE at Virbank Complex for a race with my boyfriend. I'm hoping for Growlithe! This is all in my signature but I thought I'd just fill you in since it's my first post... I also have one non-Gen-5 hunt which wouldn't fit here, though I haven't started it quite yet anyways...

Anyways! My reason for coming here today is just out of curiosity! I love hearing success stories of shinies I'm hunting for, so I'm wandering who here in this thread has SR'd a shiny started in Black/White/Black 2/White 2? If so, I'd love to hear about it, whether it be how long or how many SR's it took or nicknames! Or if you're still hunting, how far are you into the hunt so far? Thank you in advance if anyone shares their expiriences with me!

Also, good luck on your hunts!
    I've RE'd 3 shiny Pokemon in my Black 2. First was Growlithe at Virbank Complex, second was Whirlipede (Jolly ftw) at Lostlorn Forest, then Roselia on Route 12 I believe it was, and am now shiny hunting outside of Reversal Mountain. At 4,569 encounters and still going.

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1469-6412 (PM Me If You'd Like To Exchange 3DS Friend Codes!!)
    YouTube | Facebook | GooglePlus | Forums | Pokemon & Yu-Gi-Oh! Blog

WiFi Battles & Pokemon LPs: http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePokeeGamer

Quote Originally Posted by TopDecking Shinobi View Post
    I've RE'd 3 shiny Pokemon in my Black 2. First was Growlithe at Virbank Complex, second was Whirlipede (Jolly ftw) at Lostlorn Forest, then Roselia on Route 12 I believe it was, and am now shiny hunting outside of Reversal Mountain. At 4,569 encounters and still going.
    13 years and still never got one.
    Black 2 Friend Code: 1378 - 6584 - 6284

Dream World Females:
    Starters:
    Legends:

After 5,130 encounters....

Not the shiny I wanted from this area but predicted it'd be what I got. Not complaining though, a shiny is a shiny lol.

EDIT

I'm on a roll, be jelly.

289 encounters, 5th floor of the Celestial Tower!

EDIT 2

WTF is this luck?

It's Brave nature and it appeared after 182 encounters in the Desert Resort.
    Last edited by TopDecking Shinobi; 26th February 2013 at 10:58 PM.

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1469-6412 (PM Me If You'd Like To Exchange 3DS Friend Codes!!)

^ Dat shiny charm. Lol but gratz though.

I've been SR'ing for Cresselia for almost 2 weeks (12 days to be exact) and I'm really hoping it shines soon. I'm also RE'ing for Wynaut via swarm which I'm at about 4-5k-ish encounters on so far. Hopefully one of these targets shine soon!
    Shiny Kalos Challenge!
    53/66 Obtained!
    Latest Shiny!
    Obtained 4/14/14

Currently Hunting:
    Pokemon Y Badge Quest!

Lol even with the shiny charm, 3 shinies in a day seems a bit lucky, and the Grumpig wasn't exactly quick. Gl with the Cresselia though I'm hunting again in the Abundant Shrine, hoping for a Cottonee, Vulpix or Bronzong.

I want to shiny-reset every W2 legend. I am done with latias, Virizion, Terrakium and Cobalion. None of them took longer than 3 days with shiny charm.
    My current targets are the fairies. Azelf, to be precise. But no luck after one week. It want to test my willpower huh? XD Well okay, it's too early to give up. I won't lose my patience.

Finally got my Cresselia after 2 weeks of SRing!

Sync worked for me so its bold natured which was surprisingly nice since my sync failed on Mespirt and Heatran and I was starting to think it would never work lol. This is also my longest completed SR hunt since all my other SR targets shone in 7 days or less so good luck to Pokemonspecialgerman, your Azelf will eventually shine! So that makes 3 lengendary's down on my hit list and 4 more to go. Good luck everyone.
    Shiny Kalos Challenge!
    53/66 Obtained!
    Latest Shiny!
    Obtained 4/14/14

Currently Hunting:
    Pokemon Y Badge Quest!

I am considering giving up on my current hunt... I've hatched a TOTAL of 3,048 eggs... Which is outrageous considering I'm Hunting Via Masuda Method and using the Shiny Charm... I originally did 1,638 on my Black then post-poned it until B2W2. Continued my hunt after I got my Shiny Latias and hatched 1,410 Eggs on White 2. Don't get me wrong, I am NOT a noob to Shiny Pokémon. I know that even if I am using the Shiny Charm and doing the Masuda Method it is not a 100% guarantee. I'm just getting sick and tired of going back and forth hatching non-shiny Electrike after non-shiny Electrike, 3,000+ Eggs is just not worth it in my opinion... To make matters even worse for me, I want a Male Shiny Electrike since my first one that was stolen was a Male. I don't want to waste a lot of my time hatching eggs just to end up with a Female.... I don't know... it's just extremely discouraging.........
    Current Hunts:

Regirock (White 2/Shiny Charm)/Mewtwo (SoulSilver)
    PokéDex: 649/649 Completed as of March 4th, 2013

Page 55 of 65 FirstFirst ... 545515253545556575859 ... LastLast