Page 57 of 65 FirstFirst ... 747535455565758596061 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,425 of 1601

Thread: 5th Gen Shiny Discussion/FAQ Thread

dont have an image but got a shiny Golduck in the nature preserve on jap white 2 continuing hunt for larvitar bet it would have come by now if I was using a non-shiny charmed game

Finally got the 3 B2/W2 fairies<3 But now starts the real deal. A shiny heatran.
    I think this is most difficult legendary shiny hunt in b2/w2 for me. First of all I have problems to weaken this guy with false swipe (almost no damage) + my scizor dies with 2 of heatrans fire attacks. So I decided to use a false swipe Garchomp with sword dance. (I don't have a Endeavor Pokemon and I want to sync. it anyway).
    Another problem is to paralyze it. I will just use a Togekiss with thunder wave, but the tricky part is Heatrans Fire Spin that makes me unable to switsch to Garchomp.
    But I decided to use a Shed Shell on my Togekiss to avoid that. I'd never though this Item could ever save my ***.. but it will.

Soo.. first Abra -> switch to togekiss -> paralyze heatran -> switch to Garchomp -> boost 2-3 times with sword dance -> weaken heatran with false swipe -> throw balls. I think this is my personal most complicated shiny catch strategie so far. I hope it will work. Shiny heatran still has not shown up yet. And no, I still have 2 Masterballs but I don't want to use them.

Someone else here with shiny heatran experiences?^^

I swear everyone here hates me!!
    PokeBalls are biodegradable. Don't litter.
    ~Officer Jenny

Pt FC:
    Bryan
    1248 6324 7131

SS FC:
    Bryan
    2365 0110 4883

White FC:
    Bryan
    3525 1401 6220

Super Smash Bros. Brawl FC:
    Bryan
    0046 0419 1644

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyGoogleplex View Post
    I swear everyone here hates me!!
    I dont hate you and got a shiny Petilil on jap white 2 while my 3ds was charging. Thats the second random shiny ive found during my Larvitar hunt does masuda method not work if your using shiny charm or soemthing?

Quote Originally Posted by cybersonic233 View Post
    I dont hate you and got a shiny Petilil on jap white 2 while my 3ds was charging. Thats the second random shiny ive found during my Larvitar hunt does masuda method not work if your using shiny charm or soemthing?
    No, the Shiny Charm and the Masuda Method stack so instead of the normal Masuda Method odds(1 in 1,365.3) it makes it 1 in 1024.
    Three Most Recent Shinies:

Frillish: Random(W2) / Golurk: Random(W2) / Beldum: Masuda Method(W2)
    PokéDex (Gen 5): 649/649 Completed as of March 4th, 2013

How do u guys keep track of how many eggs / Sr/ or ev I had a great app but I got a new phone and i can't remember the name

Nice little surprise while RE tonight in Reversal Mountain...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    Pokemon Black 2

Masuda

Random
    x2x2

Resets

Pokemon Y - 3DS Friend Code - 0731-6148-7742
    Safari Pokemon - Fraxure, Noibat, Druddigon

Quote Originally Posted by Marvs View Post
    Nice little surprise while RE tonight in Reversal Mountain...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    thats what I wanted when I was REing there. Got Grumpig instead. :'( lol Abundant Shrine is not giving me results, might try elsewhere.

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1469-6412 (PM Me If You'd Like To Exchange 3DS Friend Codes!!)
    YouTube | Facebook | GooglePlus | Forums | Pokemon & Yu-Gi-Oh! Blog

WiFi Battles & Pokemon LPs: http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePokeeGamer

After years of playing (since the release of the original red and blue versions) I finally got a shiny besides the ones supplied in the game, like the shiny gyarados and haxorus. I hatched a shiny cyndaquil after only 37 attempts. I'm so happy it didn't take a long time. I'm going to transfer it over to my white version and play through the story with it.
    FC: 3582-8784-1492
    IGN: Adam

Pokemon Y Friend Safari - Ghost: Lampent, Phantump, Dusclops

Quote Originally Posted by TopDecking Shinobi View Post
    thats what I wanted when I was REing there. Got Grumpig instead. :'( lol Abundant Shrine is not giving me results, might try elsewhere.
    I actually wanted Skorupi, but Skarmory was my second favourite (plus it's rarer!) I am going to continue my hunt here until I get another shine!
    Pokemon Black 2

Masuda

Random
    x2x2

Resets

I haven't posted in a while....... Currently at 825 treecko eggs and 277 sr for johto starters.
    I LOVE MIENFOO AND LUCARIO AND GLALIE AND FLYGON AND SCEPTILE AND GALLADE AND SHINY HUNTING AND INFERNAPE

Quote Originally Posted by cybersonic233 View Post
    Thanks for that and congrats to the poster that found Skarmory!

BONUS: Extra points awarded to the ones that say my Walrein's nickname. And not sure if you could see my Azumarill's nickname, I'd be impressed if you could though!.
    Last edited by ShinyGoogleplex; 12th March 2013 at 7:26 PM.
    PokeBalls are biodegradable. Don't litter.
    ~Officer Jenny

Pt FC:
    Bryan
    1248 6324 7131

SS FC:
    Bryan
    2365 0110 4883

White FC:
    Bryan
    3525 1401 6220

Super Smash Bros. Brawl FC:
    Bryan
    0046 0419 1644

Today Im starting Charmander hunt wish me luck :3
    Hey everyone!
    My friend safari type is fire and the pokemons that can be found there are: Magmar, Larvesta, Fletchinder.

Congrats on the shiny Golduck, Skarmory, and Cyndaquil!
    2 days ago I started my petilil hunt in lostlorn forest
    I somehow reached 1500 encounters I have no idea how.
    I guess I'm really dedicated to this hunt haha.
    Tweet Tweet | Shiny Hunt Tumblr

Spoiler:- Shinies:

was RE for shiny venioede in route 20 got a shiny pidove instead still satisfied am now RE in virbank complex hoping for shiny magnemite but all the shinies there i love
    Black 2 fc: 0176 0022 1991-Jorge
    credit to me

Following on from yesterday's success.. After what can only be 100 or so REs I find...

Still going to continue as I really want a Skorupi!
    Pokemon Black 2

Masuda

Random
    x2x2

Resets

Congrats Marvs on the shiny Drifblim!! Care to share your luck?
    Speaking of luck
    I was unlucky and accidentally closed my ds! I lost those 1500+ encounters ; _;
    But now i'm hunting in pinwheel forest and at nearly 400 again, but ugh damn ; _;

Quote Originally Posted by starrrah View Post
    Congrats Marvs on the shiny Drifblim!! Care to share your luck?
    Speaking of luck
    I was unlucky and accidentally closed my ds! I lost those 1500+ encounters ; _;
    But now i'm hunting in pinwheel forest and at nearly 400 again, but ugh damn ; _;
    *shares some luck*

To be honest it's more about dedication! I wouldn't worry about "losing" your REs because it's completely random! You might find that shiny frame after 6 encounters you may find it after 6000 - if anything I find it better to reset your game every 500 or so but it's completely up to the individual!
    Pokemon Black 2

Masuda

Random
    x2x2

Resets

Quote Originally Posted by Marvs View Post
    *shares some luck*

To be honest it's more about dedication! I wouldn't worry about "losing" your REs because it's completely random! You might find that shiny frame after 6 encounters you may find it after 6000 - if anything I find it better to reset your game every 500 or so but it's completely up to the individual!
    Ahh someone in the previous thread told me the same thing! That is true! I just had the whole mindset "WHAT IF IT'S THE NEXT POKEMON"
    But that method might actually be better! It's just when I did close my ds, I wasn't keeping track of how much I had encountered ; ; I guess going to a new area is enough to restart it haha!
    I'll definietely give that method a try, maybe after 1k encounters since I'm nearing that

Quote Originally Posted by starrrah View Post
    Ahh someone in the previous thread told me the same thing! That is true! I just had the whole mindset "WHAT IF IT'S THE NEXT POKEMON"
    But that method might actually be better! It's just when I did close my ds, I wasn't keeping track of how much I had encountered ; ; I guess going to a new area is enough to restart it haha!
    I'll definietely give that method a try, maybe after 1k encounters since I'm nearing that

I know what you mean about it possibly being the next one haha but I think it's good to reset your seed now and then! That said, my last two shinys have both been on one solid RE chain, I am still running the same one too - but that's because it seems lucky! I may actually MM for skorupi now though... because it's the only one I want in this area now hmm....
    Pokemon Black 2

Masuda

Random
    x2x2

Resets

Congrats to Marvs for the shiny drifblim, I'm at almost 1,000 encounters at Giant Chasm, training at the same time, been about 1,500 RE's since my last shiny :/

Badge: Wyvern Badge
    Credit: AstralShadow (userbar) & Kida-Ookami (badge)

3DS XL FC for Pokemon Y 2595-0724-5772 IGN SmeargleRocks
    Shiny Number 1268

I can offer gen6 cloning services, I will only clone what I don't have as glitch cloning can take awhile and be stressful

Self caught shinies on Y 24
    first successfull (and accidental) MM Shelmet timid 31/1/19/31/31/31 4:25 pm EST 4/14/14
    Shiny XD Gale of Darkness Zubat caught September 17th 2012 @ 4:24 pm EST cave PokeSpot

FUC* ALL HACKERS!!!

3073 encounters at Abundant Shrine nothing yet.

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1469-6412 (PM Me If You'd Like To Exchange 3DS Friend Codes!!)
    YouTube | Facebook | GooglePlus | Forums | Pokemon & Yu-Gi-Oh! Blog

WiFi Battles & Pokemon LPs: http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePokeeGamer

Quote Originally Posted by TopDecking Shinobi View Post
    ive gotten 2 shinies from there wanted neither of them a Camerupt and a Grumpig would have loved a Skarmory Skorupi or Vibrava

hey guys i have a shiny magnezone lickityung chimecho, and a beduw looking for shiny fire pokemon thanks

After 2332 encounters in Pinwheel Forest, check this baby out

Not a petilil, but oh man still just as cool! I'm still gonna RE though for a petilil!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 57 of 65 FirstFirst ... 747535455565758596061 ... LastLast