Page 62 of 65 FirstFirst ... 12525859606162636465 LastLast
Results 1,526 to 1,550 of 1601

Thread: 5th Gen Shiny Discussion/FAQ Thread

YES, after 5277 SRs, only 13 SRs today in my Japanese Black, this awesome thing appeared . I knew it was shiny because the same thing happened to me with my shiny Thundurus, the L/R buttons were held down by an elastic band and it was shifting between normal and SHINY! I shouted OH MY GOD, and was freaking out, now my family think I'm crazy XD.

Normal VS Shiny comparison!
    Another angle

Oh man, now I'm excited, I get to track down this badness, and capture it. Right now I'm too busy staring at the screen in the above picture. The difference was startling to me, so glad it was easier to spot than I thought it would .

I just hope it'll be an easy capture .

EDIT:
    Yeah, caught it!

Spoiler:- Pics under here:

This thing took AGES to capture, breaking free of several types of Pokeballs(including Pokeballs ) before I was successful in capturing it in a Luxury Ball.

Shiny Tornadus, Lonely nature

It has a Lonely nature, and I'm glad it is finally in my possession ^_^.
    Last edited by Storm_Dragoon; 24th May 2013 at 4:51 AM.
    Latest Shinies - Black2:

47849 SRs!

Storm_Dragoon - when is the shininess of Thundurus/Tornadus/Landorus determined?

3DS FC: 5129-1087-8128 Friend Safari: Phanpy, Dugtrio, Diggersby
    IGN: Varanus ~I have officially claimed Chompy!~

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

Quote Originally Posted by varanus_komodoensis View Post
    Storm_Dragoon - when is the shininess of Thundurus/Tornadus/Landorus determined?
    Landorus is a standard stationary legend so just SR for it like you would any other legendary pokemon. For the roamers, however, their PID is set once they fly off and will remain set until they are captured or until they are KO'd and re-spawned.
    My FC is: 1118-1633-7306
    Friend Safari: Poison - Cascoon, Venomoth, and Muk.

Quote Originally Posted by Hozu
    People can be whatever they want on the internet. I wonder why so many of them choose to be stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by dewey911p View Post
    Landorus is a standard stationary legend so just SR for it like you would any other legendary pokemon. For the roamers, however, their PID is set once they fly off and will remain set until they are captured or until they are KO'd and re-spawned.
    Thank you!

10char

3DS FC: 5129-1087-8128 Friend Safari: Phanpy, Dugtrio, Diggersby
    IGN: Varanus ~I have officially claimed Chompy!~

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

I caught a shiny Nidoran (M) in the Safari Zone in Soul Silver. It took me two trys and luckily never fled.

Check out my RMT!

Spoiler:- Team Induhbut (An NU Sun Team):

† I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

I've been soft resetting for shiny Kyurem for 3 days now, no shiny charm, no cheating devices, at all

it's driving me insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakonekoshi View Post
    I've been soft resetting for shiny Kyurem for 3 days now, no shiny charm, no cheating devices, at all

it's driving me insane.
    I was in your shoes for months! Took me from Feb. 26th to April26th until I caught my shiny Kyurem! Keep going and don't give up! It's so worth it! Good luck!
    [[SHINIES]]
    chained:
    Random Encounter:
    Masuda: 1004 eggs 452 eggs 1380 eggs 371 eggs 21 eggs (with skill link and aqua tail and a naive nature=]) 418 eggs Froakie 15 eggs 119 eggs
    traded:
    Soft Reset:

I don't know if it's okay to post here again, but I GOT EM! Kyurem has shined for me! I'm so happy TUT~

Hi All!

Just passed 5000 RE now on my Black Version, doing over 500 today! Still no luck though, but I hope I get a Shiny on Route 9 soon! Please just don't be a Shiny Gothorita though, PLEASE!

See Ya!

EDIT: WTF, 5006 Encounters, then my Game freezes! Never happened on Black before, so I had to reboot my game and start at 4638 Encounters So, so annoyed at the moment!
    Last edited by tomatohater; 26th May 2013 at 8:27 PM. Reason: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    Too much water guys!

OMG Guys!

As you may have known from my Post above, I was really annoyed earlier, but now I am so happy!

A SHINY PAWNIARD has just appeared in Black!

I can't show any proof as my camera is dodgy at the moment, but I will try to post a pic ASAP!

Sorry for the Double Post Mods and I beat you jorge565 (We were racing for a Shiny)
    Too much water guys!

Hi Guys ..
    Ive been a shiny hunter for over 5 years now although i stopped hunting the past couple of years
    i suddenly had the urge to hunt this weekend and after almost 1500 Sr's I got my reward
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYd5SFWH444

yes its a Shiny TEPIG ! my First 5th Generation Shiny !
    check out my youtube channel for more shiny videos from back in the day
    https://www.youtube.com/user/asthegreat
    Good Luck everyone and i hope i come back with a new shiny Soon :

I forgot to get the picture of it in battle, so the video will have to do:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcNBEI3DZG8

And the after capture image:

Appeared after 1,026 encounters!

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1469-6412 (PM Me If You'd Like To Exchange 3DS Friend Codes!!)
    YouTube | Facebook | GooglePlus | Forums | Pokemon & Yu-Gi-Oh! Blog

WiFi Battles & Pokemon LPs: http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePokeeGamer

Ive had a seriously lucky run, of late! I caught a Shiny Marill in B2 whilst searching for the Grotto in Route 22, just over a fortnight ago. Then, earlier this evening, I caught a Shiny Magnemite in Virbank Complex, on a re-started W2 game! Including the Zigzagoon in Sapphire, I have 3 in 7 weeks! Seriously cannot believe my luck!!!
    You only get out of something what you put into it.

21 R/E Shinies seen; Zigzagoon,Sableye/Mawile/Geodude,Caterpie/Poliwag/Meowth,Beautifly/Mareep/NidoranM/Woobat/Zigzagoon(Recaptured!)/Marill(B2)/Magnemite(W2)/Golbat/X- Clauncher, Skiddo, Camerupt, Swalot, Woobat/Y- Geodude(Reclaimed!)
    19 Successfully Caught;
    Clauncher, Skiddo

X Version:
    Trade-
    MM- (48 Eggs!)

PokeRadar Shinies;
    Diamond:(2)/(2)//

I thought I'd post a little update on my hunt for Shiny Electrike... It has been, unfortunately, on hold since the Meloetta Event... The reason for this is, I was soft resetting for specific Nature/Characteristic/IV on 2 out of 5 Meloetta from the event. (I like to get at least 5 of the Event Pokémon. 1, or 2 depending on the Pokémon, to raise for a team, the rest to remain unchanged from the event.) Then the Deoxys Wi-Fi Event came around then I did the same for Deoxys. I only got 1 to have the Nature/Characteristic/IV, and I'm still soft resetting my 5th Deoxys for the things I'm wanting... Hopefully I get the Deoxys I'm wanting soon so I can continue my absurdly long hunt for Shiny Electrike...

I just took a look at my count for Electrike Eggs and I am currently at 3,168 Eggs... I feel like it'll never shine, and I often consider dropping this hunt... But my friends keep telling me to "Keep going! It will feel amazing when you get it since it's taken this long!" But the thing is... This hunt has been going on for the past year. I haven't been actually hatching eggs a whole year. I started the hunt over a year ago, but I took a lot of long breaks. Anyway, when a hunt has gone on this long, you kind of lose interest in the hunt, and you feel discouraged...

The really dumb part is, whenever I talk about considering dropping this hunt, one of my friends says "Then I'm giving up on hunting for Shiny Vulpix." What makes it so stupid is, he is jealous of my Shiny Ninetales, and he says he is going to hunt for a Shiny Vulpix(Or any Shiny.), but he never sticks to it. After like, 50 Encounters/Eggs/SR's he complains and gives up because "It's taking forever" and that he "is never going to get it". My thought whenever this happens is, "So, if I give up on a hunt that's gone on longer then every 'hunt' you've done combined, you are going to give up on a hunt that you haven't even made a dent into?"

Anyway, I apologize for the somewhat long story, but I just needed to kinda vent about it... After Shiny Electrike decides to shine, I already have 2 targets I am going to go for. I'm not sure if I want to go for Shiny Beldum via MM first, or Regirock via SR. But before I jump into my next hunt after Electrike, I am going to EV train some Pokémon. So anyway, Congrats to all who have gotten a Shiny recently, and good luck to those of you who are hunting!!
    Last edited by Rai1994; 30th May 2013 at 7:58 PM.
    Three Most Recent Shinies:

Registeel: Soft Reset(W2) / Latios: Soft Reset(B2) / Regice: Soft Reset(W2)
    PokéDex (Gen 5): 649/649 Completed as of March 4th, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Blue_Ringed_Umbreon View Post
    Ive had a seriously lucky run, of late! I caught a Shiny Marill in B2 whilst searching for the Grotto in Route 22, just over a fortnight ago. Then, earlier this evening, I caught a Shiny Magnemite in Virbank Complex, on a re-started W2 game! Including the Zigzagoon in Sapphire, I have 3 in 7 weeks! Seriously cannot believe my luck!!!
    that luck is outstanding. I have many shinys, but my favourite is golbat.

Spoiler:- Credit + Claims:

Quote Originally Posted by Minedreigon View Post
    that luck is outstanding. I have many shinys, but my favourite is golbat.
    Thanks
    I can't believe it myself! Ive never had a run like this before, so im taking it whilst im getting it!

What version did you catch your Golbat on?
    You only get out of something what you put into it.

21 R/E Shinies seen; Zigzagoon,Sableye/Mawile/Geodude,Caterpie/Poliwag/Meowth,Beautifly/Mareep/NidoranM/Woobat/Zigzagoon(Recaptured!)/Marill(B2)/Magnemite(W2)/Golbat/X- Clauncher, Skiddo, Camerupt, Swalot, Woobat/Y- Geodude(Reclaimed!)
    19 Successfully Caught;
    Clauncher, Skiddo

X Version:
    Trade-
    MM- (48 Eggs!)

PokeRadar Shinies;
    Diamond:(2)/(2)//

Just snagged a shiny Seel in B2. The ironic part was I was training a dewgong and the sound of the shine at the start of the encounter caught my attention.
    Current shiny hunt:
    Whatever I come across in Y.

Current endgame goal: Have all possible #001-#718 boxed in shiny form with legit pokemon
    Progress: 56 out of 718 shinies

FC: 3196-4076-7050
    Flying: Pidgey, Tranquill, and Fletchinder.

Copied from the shiny thread in general pokemon discussion. Posted at 1am this morning

Omg!! I've just had my first ever random encounter shiny, and my first 5th gen shiny :O A shiny Ferroseed.

I was playing a bit more of White 2 before bed, doing some exploring of Chargestone Cave. I caught N's Klink, picked up an item, then was going to get another one when an encounter started. Was a Ferroseed. And it sparkled!! I was not expecting that at all!! And the first Ferroseed I've seen on this game. If I hadn't seen the sparkles, I would not have noticed. Wow. Images below. They're quite large

I don't think I'll use it on my team, but will definitely evolve it at some point.

Spoiler:- Shiny!!:

If only Latias could be this nice and shine for me.
    Last edited by xKatie0391; 12th July 2013 at 8:32 PM.

Youtube| FS: Phanpy, Marowak + Diggersby 3DS Friend Code: 3540-0200-8196|Tumblr
    Soul Silver Badge Quest

4405 EGGS!!!!

Officially never MMing again

My Shinies

Current Targets: Virizion, Dratini, Groudon, Seviper

Latest shinies: Graveler & Floatzel - X - Completely Random - September 1st, 2014.

After reading all these majestic posts about catching Shiny Legendries, Im starting to feel that the shiny Woobat I caught is worthless (but I traded it for, like, a Chikorita or sommat. Im starting to be quite upset as of my choice )

I can't find my toothbrush, and it's REALLY STRESSIN' ME OUT!

I randomly caught a shiny Sewaddle while searching for Pansage and Panpour in Pinwheel Forest. I wasn't even looking at the screen when it appeared because I was looking something my boyfriend showed from his game but luckily he catch the usual shiny "bling" sound (he's way more alerted to that since he does PokéRadar chaining in 4th Generation but I don't) and I was able to catch my cute shiny Sewaddle :3 I won't ever evolve it since it's much more cute as Sewaddle than in other forms.

Restarting my MM quest for a shiny scyther that wil evolve into a scizor, I stopped last time after 800 because of White 2 came out
    Hello I'm looking for a Shaymin in order to acquire all the events
    White friend code is 1075 6786 7960
    White 2 Friend code is 3912 5384 7221
    Y friend code:2836 0178 6989 Friend Safari: Grumpig, Sigylyph, Gothrita

Wow, congrats on all the latest shinies! There's been loads of great ones .

*Casually pastes modified post from the other shiny thread*

Asdfadfs, this happened a few days ago now, but I've been so stupidly busy that I've only just had time to post about it:

After 7798 SRs, and hunting for it since December, I finally got a shiny Kyurem!!!

Last Sunday, I was lying down upstairs watching Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope with my dad, and since I hadn't had time to do any soft resetting earlier on in the week I thought it'd be a good time to get some SRs in for Kyurem, thinking I'd probably have to hunt for a few more weeks yet. Then about halfway through the movie...

Spoiler:- *ein gasp*:

Now that Kyuwuji's EV trained and battle ready, I can get back to focusing on my other targets, most importantly Tepig on White 2 who I'm on 2090 SRs for~

Good luck everyone on your hunts!
    ~Graoo!~

~Mightyena lover and Shiny Hunter~

[Pokemon Y Friend Safari: Fire--- Magmar, Larvesta and Braxien]

Congrats on Kyurem, that will be my first hunt after I finish SR'ing for Zekrom, then who knows, might SR for Shiny Jirachi just so that I can brag about having a Legit Shiny Jirachi.
    Shiny Pokemon collection http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...9820979&type=3

Shiny Dex Completion - 1/719

National Dex Completion - 60/719

Quote Originally Posted by AzulTheCerulean20 View Post
    Congrats on Kyurem, that will be my first hunt after I finish SR'ing for Zekrom, then who knows, might SR for Shiny Jirachi just so that I can brag about having a Legit Shiny Jirachi.
    Thanks! ^_^ But aah, don't bother SRing for Zekrom- In all of the Gen 5 games, Reshiram and Zekrom cannot legitimately be shiny, ever. I hope you haven't done too many SRs, unlike a poor someone I know who did around 27000 SRs for Reshiram before it was discovered the two legendaries had a shiny lock .

EDIT: Ah right, phew. When you said SRing I assumed you were going for a shiny one XD. Sorry!
    Last edited by Ambri; 13th July 2013 at 8:58 PM.
    ~Graoo!~

~Mightyena lover and Shiny Hunter~

[Pokemon Y Friend Safari: Fire--- Magmar, Larvesta and Braxien]

Page 62 of 65 FirstFirst ... 12525859606162636465 LastLast