Page 10 of 65 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060 ... LastLast

Thread: 5th Gen Shiny Discussion/FAQ Thread

I've started a bunch of hunts on my english White version. One is shiny Kyurem, the second is shiny Volcarona and lastly shiny Aron. This could take a while...
    Shinies: , , , ,

Quote Originally Posted by KyuremFreeze View Post
    RAINBOW FETUS! *starts rolling on the ground for no reason whatsoever*

Smile

Looks like I had another stroke of luck :3

I went to bed last night with 280 eggs hatched. I got up this morning with the intention of not picking up my hunt again until tonight, when I decided to hatch my way up to 300 total eggs. Thats when on the 281'st egg, Castform developed blazing yellow eyes peering into my very soul

So, this has been my 2nd successful MM.

I will now EV train my Zubat and Castform and then pick up with another hunt

I will try to attach a picture of the Castform, but my computer and camera and both meh so I don't know if it will work. If someone could clarify whether or not my attachment worked for them that would be great =p shinycastform.jpg

P.S- I nicknamed my shiny Castform "Cloud", which is really quite an awful nickname.. any suggestions?

I am also quite pleased that it turned out to be a Modest Female like I hoped.

(shiny castform sprite )

Also, grats on Sableye, Cocoadragon
    Last edited by Floette; 28th July 2012 at 5:25 PM.
    [IMG]http://oi40.*******.com/1z70vvs.jpg[/IMG]
    First Playthrough: Delphox, Florges, Aegislash, Heliolisk, Hawlucha, Avalugg
    Latest Shiny: Helioptile

[IMG]http://oi41.*******.com/jkhqmt.jpg[/IMG]
    Fire Safari: Ponyta, Pyroar, Briaxen - 1478-3803-9332
    I have claimed #671, Florges

*credit to Equal-To-Heaven for the clock

omg omg omg shiny sableye after 2852 encounters yay!!!!

will edit and post pics later

[IMG]http://i47.*******.com/2gxo6ck.jpg[/IMG]

gratz to pocketmonstre on shiny castform
    Last edited by cocoadragon; 28th July 2012 at 7:11 PM.
    [IMG]http://i44.*******.com/96kmcn.png[/IMG]
    GLASSTHEDRAGON
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Current Hunt:
    17,000 SRs
    -----------------------------------------------
    [IMG]http://i42.*******.com/110x9b6.gif[/IMG]

Congrats cocoadragon! What's your next hunt afterwards? But still, I hope I get my Pinwheel Forest shiny before 3,000 REs.

Just looked at cocoadragon's sig and realised that I've done more than twice the amount of SRs that the Meganium shone at...

Current Hunt: Relic Castle - Badge Quest #4

1,670 REs

Wow,Congratz pocket monstre and coacoadragon.^-^
    You guys make me wanna collect and hatch more!Even tho i'm really busy these days.X_X
    I'm @ 550 eggs for Cynda and i'm going too collect 15 boxes of eggs before i start hatching again.I know thats a lot.
    Current hunt: None
    Most recent shiny:

White FC: 1250-0291-7604
    3DS FC: 4227-2881-7628

Spoiler:- 5thGen Shinies obtained by me:

will try to get better pic as for my next hunt hmm might start my first MM for a shiny lunatone
    GLASSTHEDRAGON
    Current Hunt:
    17,000 SRs

I came a bit late to the Black/White party since I just bought White a week ago. So far on my first play through I have had 2 RE's with shinys. The first was a deerling that didn't end well (Flame body = not a good idea). The second was a shiny Liepard outside Opelucid City that I did manage to get. Now I am trying to hatch a shiny charmander so I can evolve it to Charizard.

PS: Yay first post on the forum.

Congratz on Sableye and Castform! It seems like everyone is getting their targets! (But me of course) Up to 12,320 in Giant Chasm. Why wont you shine Ditto/Metang?!?!?! Urgh! I wanna move on to my Sneasel MM hunt already!
    NO SHINIES ARE AVAILABLE FOR TRADE! NOT EVEN THE DUPS!

Y BQ COMPLETE!!: 1. Fennekin (Oct 21) 2. (Nov 3) 3. (Nov 17) 4. (Nov 17) 5. (Nov 17) 6. (Dec 10) 7. Klefki (Dec 13) 8. Trevenant (Dec 18)

Current Hunt: Friend Safari (for Trapinch) and MMing Beldum

Friend Codes for Safari:
    X: 2165-6202-2279 (Type: Water with Panpour, Frogadier, and Wartortle)
    Y: 5370-0975-3532 (Type: Flying with Woobat, Pidgey, and Rufflet)

I count my chained shinies separately from my MM, RE or SR shinies not because I think them less valuable.
    But more b/c the two groups have a large collection. I don't even count random shinies from non sparkled patches as 1/8219 shiny like some of you cuz it's still involving chaining.

No, I don't see Shining Charm as a form of cheating either but I'm not gonna use it as I don't have problem finding shinies w/out it. I mean, tbh I'm curious too, if someday I decide to have it, I will definitely say something like I got this shiny using Shining Charm, etc. It will become my third large collection. But still, I don't find it easy to complete the dex.

My current hunts in 5th gen: 4,500 REs in Desert Resort JPN W2 & 900 REs in Cold Storage JPN BLCK.
    Kalos shinies (Some):
    - Vivillon Hunt Complete! -

Quote Originally Posted by thetifftiff
    Amount of real life time doesn't mean much when it comes to shiny hunting though.

Gratz again on the shiny Sableye and winning our race cocoadragon hopefully something shines for me soon, over 5k encounters now. Also gratz on that Castform, beautiful shiny!
    Shiny Kalos Challenge!
    (Obtain all 6th gen shinies)
    53/66 Obtained!
    Latest Shiny!
    Obtained 4/14/14
    Total Shinies: 239

Currently Hunting:
    Pokemon X: Spritzee. (MM)
    Pokemon Y: Route 10.
    Black 2: Abundant Shrine. (RE)
    Pokemon Y Badge Quest!

I'm actually excited about shiny charm.Not be cause of the shinies but be cause it will be my first time completing my pokedex.And we have to actually catch all the pokemon to get that thing so for me it would be a great challenge.^-^
    I played since pearl but i never had GBA games or wifi to complete my pokedex.This will be the first.
    Current hunt: None
    Most recent shiny:

White FC: 1250-0291-7604
    3DS FC: 4227-2881-7628

Spoiler:- 5thGen Shinies obtained by me:

I got me an awesome forest green Cubone using poke radar, you can watch it here! http://m.youtube.com/?reload=7&rdm=m...?v=7Xvp6WQ1A48
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

YES!!! YES!!! YES!!! After 12,589 encounters in the Giant Chasm, I finally got my shiny!!! Here it is...
        Spoiler:- My first RE shiny!:

It is a mild nature and has good endurance. So excited! Now to continue my Sneasel hunt that I put off since last summer! 900 eggs was put into my Sneasel hunt last summer, lets see how long it will take and if I can get my pink Sneasel before I go back to school on the 18th!

Good luck everyone! I am so glad because this was the shiny I have been going for! (And Metang of course!)
    Last edited by KittyKitty3308; 28th July 2012 at 11:07 PM.

Y BQ COMPLETE!!: 1. Fennekin (Oct 21) 2. (Nov 3) 3. (Nov 17) 4. (Nov 17) 5. (Nov 17) 6. (Dec 10) 7. Klefki (Dec 13) 8. Trevenant (Dec 18)

Friend Codes for Safari:

Yeah, that is a cool shiny there! At least it finally hatched, congratulations.

Haven't started up my Pinwheel Forest hunt due to other hunts.

HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cannot believe my eyes. I Have finally found a shiny starter, and it happens to be a Chikorita!

I absolutely cannot believe it!!!! I must thank cocoadragon and dan2point5 for the inspiration and motivation. You two have helped me so much, I couldn't have got this without you two, thank you! It appeared after 15,552 Starters seen and 5,184 SRs! I cannot believe it at all! I don't mind it being Chikorita! Longest hunt is over!
    Last edited by AquaRegisteel; 28th July 2012 at 10:44 PM.

Current Hunt: Relic Castle - Badge Quest #4

1,670 REs

Ok, so... I started my hunt for a shiny Carvanha. The first 120 eggs didn't give me anything, so I stocked up four more boxes. I just started hatching them, and this came after 8 eggs into this batch. That brings the hunt to 128 eggs
    As you can see, it's Hardy natured, which neutral, right? Well, the Everstone trick didn't work...

I still got almost four boxes left, so you don't know if I get some more. After all, I did with Shellder

Spoiler:- Pic:

Not sure what to go for next. I want to MM Togepi, Castform, Geodude and Ponyta. But not sure which to go for...
    Last edited by andyhaj; 28th July 2012 at 11:24 PM.

Spoiler:- Playthroughs:

Friend Safari: Poison: Seviper, Swalot, Muk

Now I can see
    The whole world is mine
    I can touch and feel
    I feed you my love

---

I don’t wanna lose this feeling
    I’m high on love, I’m high on love
    Never ever stopped believing
    Get high on love, get high on love

Wow, congrats to everyone Nice shiny ditto kitty, I love its nickname. Lots of shinies today hehe.

Also thanks for the congratulations on the castform. I will be picking up another undecided hunt immediately after getting her EV trained =p
    [IMG]http://oi40.*******.com/1z70vvs.jpg[/IMG]
    First Playthrough: Delphox, Florges, Aegislash, Heliolisk, Hawlucha, Avalugg
    Latest Shiny: Helioptile

[IMG]http://oi41.*******.com/jkhqmt.jpg[/IMG]
    Fire Safari: Ponyta, Pyroar, Briaxen - 1478-3803-9332
    I have claimed #671, Florges

*credit to Equal-To-Heaven for the clock

congratz join teh club kitty :P i also got shiny ditto from giant chasm

my next hunt will be in 4th gen will be mming lunatone next time i get a shiny in white
    GLASSTHEDRAGON
    Current Hunt:
    17,000 SRs

Quote Originally Posted by PocketMonstre View Post
    Wow, congrats to everyone Nice shiny ditto kitty, I love its nickname. Lots of shinies today hehe.

Also thanks for the congratulations on the castform. I will be picking up another undecided hunt immediately after getting her EV trained =p
    Hahaha. I named it T-Swagga-G because I told my friend Taylor that I was gonna name my next shiny after her and it was the first funny and random nickname that I came up with that would match her name. xP Whenever I get my Sneasel, I am naming it "DJ K MAC" and my Aipom will be "BeffaB****" (Can't quite show the full name for obvious reasons). They are all nicknames for my friends that I will be rooming with for my last semester of college!

And thanks cocoa! It took FOREVER!!!!

And congrats on the Cubone Kurt and Aqua for the Chikorita! (you were going for Cyndaquil though, right?)
    Last edited by KittyKitty3308; 28th July 2012 at 11:29 PM.

Friend Codes for Safari:

Quote Originally Posted by AquaRegisteel View Post
    Yeah, that is a cool shiny there! At least it finally hatched, congratulations.

Haven't started up my Pinwheel Forest hunt due to other hunts.

HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cannot believe my eyes. I Have finally found a shiny starter, and it happens to be a Chikorita!

I absolutely cannot believe it!!!! I must thank cocoadragon and dan2point5 for the inspiration and motivation. You two have helped me so much, I couldn't have got this without you two, thank you! It appeared after 15,552 Starters seen and 5,184 SRs! I cannot believe it at all! I don't mind it being Chikorita! Longest hunt is over!
    congratz! its a nice shiny. I got 1 too a few days ago. now im SRing for sudowoodo on HG and MMing for cyndaquill on White

Congratulations! to aquaregisteel finally getting your shiny chickorita, you really deserved it! Good to see cocoadragon back, sableye is an amazing shiny! and to pocketmonstre on your castform, did you now my treecko hunt is taking longer than your zubat and castform hunts combined , @ 811 eggs, boxing up again, no treecko = ( q: how long is your A) shortest and B) longest MM hunt
    My Shiny Pokemon:

5th Gen:
    ;Emolga; ;Solosis;

6th Gen:
    Greninja ;Volcarona; (X2) Aegislash ;Lampent; Diggersby

Luvin' the t'wigs <3
    3DS fc: Paddy 2621-3316-5077 (Pm if you add me)

Currently hatching the first box of six total boxes. hopefully Tauros will shine, and soon...

Shortest hunt for me - Squirtle - 16 eggs
    Longest hunt - Onix - 5,206 eggs
    Current Hunt

ONE OF YOU THREE PLEASE SHINE!!!

CLICKY >>> <<< CLICKY

Today I got the shiny charm huzza!

I had to poke-shift from Diamond and trade over nearly everything from an English Pokemon Black to the Japanese Black 2. I decided that My old Japanese Black 1 is going to be my pokedex game, so for that I bred about 400 Axews, no shinies found. I has previously bred over 1,000 pokemon trying to get the Masuda method to work without luck. Now that I have the shiny charm, hopefully I'll have something to report soon. I am thinking of going back to hunt for Venipede or trying to breed Larvesta again.

Quote Originally Posted by PocketMonstre View Post
    Looks like I had another stroke of luck :3

... on the 281'st egg, Castform developed blazing yellow eyes peering into my very soul

P.S- I nicknamed my shiny Castform "Cloud", which is really quite an awful nickname.. any suggestions?
    Nice one, PocketMonstre! I haven't really seen many Castform, let alone shiny ones. As for nicknames, I find it best to first go to something like Bulbapedia or somewhere that not only breaks down the name, but also has a lot of information about the particular Pokemon in regards to its behaviour or description. Then I load up Wikipedia and put in anything that may have a link to the Pokemon, or use Thesaurus.com.

Here are a few suggestions that you don't have to use, but might give you some inspiration.

Fogg
    Foggi
    Raine
    Summer
    Hailey
    Sunny
    Popo
    Celly
    Misty :P
    Droplet
    Cloud :P
    Cumulus
    Stratus
    Nimbus
    Puff
    Puffy
    Puffcuddle
    Alto
    Altos
    Cirros
    Fluffstuff
    Cotton
    Droplette
    Dew
    Flamette
    CliMate
    Aurora

That only took me a few minutes. I admit that some are pretty dopey, but oh well! :P Maybe there's something there that catches your eye or gives you something to work with or whatever. Good luck! Let us know what you choose.

Also, congratulations to Cocoadragon on that beautiful Sableye! I love that little thing.

15 boxes, 2rsa?! Good luck ... I give you permission to scream if there's nothing in there.

Good job catching that Liepard, Landroval! Sorry to hear about the Deerling. Things like that are something that happens to a lot of people because we're too excited and don't anticipate them. Are you going to reclaim it?

And a big congrats to Kittykitty! Finallyfinally!

Friend Codes:
    5456 0313 8777 - Water Safari: Octillery, Floatzel, ????
    0146 9781 1948 - Fairy Safari: Kirlia, Floette, Swirlix

Right now I'm mass producing charmanders so I can eventually get the shiny Charizard.

I'm just trying to collect shinies, I'm not picky on the stats.

I have some nice tips to fight boredom and discourage on a long hunt.

-(SR)put in your latest SR shiny as your first pokemon. then when feeling discouraged you just wait a few sec. and when you see the sparkle you get new hope.
    -(SR-MM) watch a movie during your hunt and only look briefly at the screeen.
    -(SR-MM) watch youtube videos of suceeded shiny hunts.

Page 10 of 65 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060 ... LastLast