Page 11 of 65 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast

Thread: 5th Gen Shiny Discussion/FAQ Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Zane Clarthy View Post
    I was just browsing the net and I came across someone who posted this:

"Looks like I'll be releasing my Masuda Method shinies, seeing as they are not 'true' shinies."

I can't tell if they're being serious or not, but I was wondering: Do people really think this way? If so, wow ... I don't really know what to say about that.
    It's not just absurd, it's pure stupidity. Masuda Method is called that exactly because it is a method promoted by Junichi Masuda, THE GAME DIRECTOR OF GAME FREAK.

Which means any shiny obtained via MM are TRUE shinies, since it is obtained by a method that's actually implemented into the game by Game Freak themselves, instead of using any kinds of cheating device.

Anyway, still MM-ing for Squirtle in my Black, 400 eggs and still no shiny. I hope I'll have it before 500 eggs.....

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Wow Aquaregisteel.Congratz!you worked really hard for your shiny starter.I gave up long time ago.:P

Quote Originally Posted by Zane Clarthy View Post
    15 boxes, 2rsa?! Good luck ... I give you permission to scream if there's nothing in there.
    Thank you.I really need that.
    Last edited by 2rsa; 29th July 2012 at 7:21 AM.
    Most recent shiny:
    3DS FC: 4227-2881-7628

Quote Originally Posted by master of murkrow View Post
    I have some nice tips to fight boredom and discourage on a long hunt.

-(SR)put in your latest SR shiny as your first pokemon. then when feeling discouraged you just wait a few sec. and when you see the sparkle you get new hope.
    -(SR-MM) watch a movie during your hunt and only look briefly at the screeen.
    -(SR-MM) watch youtube videos of suceeded shiny hunts.
    I am doing that now for my Mareep hunt. It works, you bet.
    Also, Youtube is a great tool for us =D

PocketMonstre, I have some active shiny hunting youtubers:

pokewaf
    customlegominifig
    shinyhunterzach
    Alpha Zapdos
    PureSkill740
    shinyhunternick
    Abenzio499

If you sub to those, you'll find others as well, because they support a lot of new hunters, so you'll often get a lot of stuff to watch.

Anyways, not doing REs for Pinwheel Forest yet...
    Yveltal, the Destruction Pokémon: "When its life comes to an end, it absorbs the life energy of every living thing and turns into a cocoon once more."

Spoiler:- Current Hunts:

Been MMing Purrloin all this weekend with no successs. I thought I hatched it last night, but that was just my overtired brain tricking me. I've now hatched 236(7 boxes full). I'm going to finish off this box, then take a break and play Conquest before I resume the hunt, as I'm getting sick of seeing non-shiny Purrloin.
    ~RaichuArcanine~

My Shiny Card
    White BQ:
    Hunting: <-OR

@TheMaster327 5000 eggs! how long did that take.... but im sure the golden steelix was worth it and 16 eggs, loads of people get luck like this, but not me @ dan2point5 i heard you hold the MM record, what is it?
    Still going strong boxing treeckos, hopefully black charizard or silver ninetales will be a quick hunt after
    My Shiny Pokemon:

5th Gen:
    ;Emolga; ;Solosis;

6th Gen:
    Greninja ;Volcarona; (X2) Aegislash ;Lampent; Diggersby

Luvin' the t'wigs <3
    3DS fc: Paddy 2621-3316-5077 (Pm if you add me)

@TheMaster327 5000 eggs! how long did that take.... but im sure the golden steelix was worth it and 16 eggs, loads of people get luck like this, but not me @ dan2point5 i heard you hold the MM record, what is it?
    Still going strong boxing treeckos, hopefully black charizard or silver ninetales will be a quick hunt after also hope tauros shines 4 u soon, @ pocketmonstre so jealous 2 shined before my 1 treecko wa you hunting next
    My Shiny Pokemon:

5th Gen:
    ;Emolga; ;Solosis;

6th Gen:

Luvin' the t'wigs <3

I only need to gather 3 more boxes before i can start hatching again.I don't mind if i get my shiny in the first box out of 15.Last night i dreamt about running in to a new shiny.Lets hope today is my lucky day.
    Good luck everyone!^-^
    Most recent shiny:
    3DS FC: 4227-2881-7628

@Paddy - that Onix took around 5 months to shine... Considered giving up at 5,000 eggs, glad I didn't!
    Current Hunts

2,470 SRs/4,940 birds seen - PAUSED

ΩR BQ Hunt #5 - Desert

5,900 REs

200 eggs hatched..still no shiny axew, I'm getting a bit fed up of seeing the regular green one!

I hope it comes soon I've got a few targets in mind for my next hunt!
    Thanks to Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner!

Spoiler:- My shiny card:
    Thanks to Rykerr for the shiny card

well now that i got the 4th member of my badgequest(spearow) im going after the 5th lapras after i finish up this BQ i will continue on with 5th gen hunts gl guys next hunt in 5th gen will probably be MM

[IMG]http://i46.*******.com/2b1uth.jpg[/IMG]
    GLASSTHEDRAGON
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Current Hunt:
    8,400 SRs
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Other Hunts
    2123 REs

Quote Originally Posted by PaddysTurtwigFanClub View Post
    Congratulations! to aquaregisteel finally getting your shiny chickorita, you really deserved it! Good to see cocoadragon back, sableye is an amazing shiny! and to pocketmonstre on your castform, did you now my treecko hunt is taking longer than your zubat and castform hunts combined , @ 811 eggs, boxing up again, no treecko = ( q: how long is your A) shortest and B) longest MM hunt
    Sorry about that =p Good luck with your treecko hunt, it will surely shine soon. I am also jealous of your shiny emolga haha.

About longest/shortest hunt, I have only done 2 so far, and they were pretty close
    Zubat - 301 eggs
    Castform -281 eggs

@ZaneClarthy, thanks for the nickname ideas, they are inspirational. I changed its named to 'Aeris', which is Latin for atmosphere/air, but I kind of like "Dew" or "Droplet" more

PocketMonstre, I have some active shiny hunting youtubers:

pokewaf
    customlegominifig
    shinyhunterzach
    Alpha Zapdos
    PureSkill740
    shinyhunternick
    Abenzio499
    Ahh, thanks. I will subscribe to those later. Watching videos does help a lot.

Kalos Team: Delphox, Florges, Aegislash, Heliolisk, Hawlucha, Avalugg
    Latest Shiny: Helioptile

Fire Safari: Ponyta, Pyroar, Braixen - 1478-3803-9332
    I have claimed #671, Florges

*credit to Equal-To-Heaven for the clock

5 boxes of eggs ready to hatch, im going to fill the remaining 3 and hatch all 240 at once to take me over 1000 (if it dosent shine of course) @pocket monstre im not that jealous of you zubat has amazing shiny evolutions and castform is quite rare, but the shiny is actually quite nice, any ideas of what you'll be hunting next? as for emolga its a nice enough shiny but utterly useless to me because its highest iv is 17 in defense. Anyway im more motivated than ever, i see the closer to the odds you are the more likely the next egg will shine ... 1366 here i come
    My Shiny Pokemon:

5th Gen:
    ;Emolga; ;Solosis;

6th Gen:

Luvin' the t'wigs <3

Hatching 2 boxes of charmander eggs... no luck so far but its still early in the hunt
    Current shiny hunt:
    Whatever I come across in Y.

Current endgame goal: Have all possible #001-#718 boxed in shiny form with legit pokemon
    Progress: 56 out of 718 shinies

FC: 3196-4076-7050
    Flying: Pidgey, Tranquill, and Fletchinder.

Quote Originally Posted by Landroval View Post
    Hatching 2 boxes of charmander eggs... no luck so far but its still early in the hunt
    How many boxes do you normally stock up before hatching? I feel like an egg hoarding addict because I HAVE to box 15 boxes before hatching. And can you imagine what it must look like for someone to bring an egg to a pc and somehow store the egg in it until they are ready to hatch it? I mean pokemon themselves are one thing because they are in balls, but the egg is just an egg. *smacks self* Woah. Going in this too much. It's just a game, it's just a game. Anyways... 2 1/2 boxes left to store before I start hatching my first NEW batch of Sneasel eggs.
    OR BQ: 1. (Dec 13) 2. (Dec 14) 3. ? 4. 5. 6. 7. 8.

Y BQ COMPLETE!!: 1. Fennekin (Oct 21) 2. (Nov 3) 3. (Nov 17) 4. (Nov 17) 5. (Nov 17) 6. (Dec 10) 7. Klefki (Dec 13) 8. Trevenant (Dec 18)

Current Hunt: OR: BQ #3- Fiery Path & AS: ?

Friend Codes for Safari:
    X: 2165-6202-2279 (Type: Water with Panpour, Frogadier, and Wartortle)
    Y: 5370-0975-3532 (Type: Flying with Woobat, Pidgey, and Rufflet)

I only have 2 full boxes available to stock up. the rest are organized by pokedex and will fill up as i trade for/catch more

I still have to find someone on the negotiations page that is willing to come off a bulbasaur/squirtle and the Johto starters
    Current shiny hunt:
    Whatever I come across in Y.

Current endgame goal: Have all possible #001-#718 boxed in shiny form with legit pokemon
    Progress: 56 out of 718 shinies

FC: 3196-4076-7050
    Flying: Pidgey, Tranquill, and Fletchinder.

Sorry for posting twice so close together, its just that my above post is a bit cluttered.

@PaddysTurtwigFanClub , I haven't decided what I will be hunting next but I do have a few in mind. Emolga/feebas/aipom/slowpoke/or a RE hunt on various routes are all being considered.

Kalos Team: Delphox, Florges, Aegislash, Heliolisk, Hawlucha, Avalugg
    Latest Shiny: Helioptile

Fire Safari: Ponyta, Pyroar, Braixen - 1478-3803-9332
    I have claimed #671, Florges

*credit to Equal-To-Heaven for the clock

Now at 1,820 eggs hatched, meaning the next batch of six boxes will take me to 2,000... Let's hope I get it before then!
    Current Hunts

2,470 SRs/4,940 birds seen - PAUSED

ΩR BQ Hunt #5 - Desert

5,900 REs

Yeah well im switching up rt. 14 for relic castle since i have been at this route for awhile and im bored of seeing tropius and golduck all the time. Seeking cofagrigus or onix, still hunting victory road in black 5,500 encounters

A couple days ago I got a female Japanese 31/x/31/x/31/x Bold storm drain Lileep off the GTS (I don't care what anyone says about the GTS I love it....sometimes) for one of the extra Kabuto I had and I began to MM using it so I can get an awesomely green Lileep that could possibly be used competitively. So far nothing, I've hatched about 423 eggs and nothing. I really hope the hunt doesn't last as long as my Kabuto hunt, hatching 3000 eggs gets really tedious.
    Feed him

[IMG]http://i40.*******.com/2nk6wes.gif[/IMG]
        Spoiler:- Credits:

Its been a really long time since i got a new shiny well today i made up for it. So i was doing grass shaking spots my White2 in Pinwheel forest and after 495 i got this, and so i decided to keep going and after another 73 i got a second one. i wasnt able to take a pic of the 2nd one cause when it was in battle, i didnt have anything to take a pic and my battery was gonna die. First one is male with lonely nature and the 2nd was a female with relaxed nature. Overall im just glad my drought is over, and still no shiny from my secret MM lost count but im prolly around 3k.

sorry for the pics

Congrats on all shinies, i love seeing ppls new shinies its what keeps me going.
        Spoiler:- Shiny Trainer Card:

Wait what? You can dual encounter Audino...that's cool. Congratulations on that though, so good luck everybody.
    Yveltal, the Destruction Pokémon: "When its life comes to an end, it absorbs the life energy of every living thing and turns into a cocoon once more."

I seriously never knew you dual encounter them either .
    Shinies:

HG Nuzlocke League!

Credit goes to Brutaka for the awesome banners!

^only in BW2. That rocks.

Anyways, too busy with my Soul Silver BQ...but I might start a Black BQ after I complete the Soul Silver Badge Quest.

Double encounter audino...does that mean dbl grass has shaking spots now too?

I come bearing good luck!....and a new shiny!

On my 606th egg this thing popped out:

Another green shiny to add to my collection! Although its evolution is pink I will let it slide only because it is Cradily ... and I like Cradily.

The Everstone didn't work Its nature is the exact opposite of what I wanted lonely instead of Bold and it didn't get its hidden ability but oh well a shiny is a shiny.
    Its Ivs on the other hand are "outstanding" according to the guy at the battle subway with 31 IVs in Def so...yay.

I now have 3/10 shinys I'm catching up!
        Spoiler:- Results:
    Feed him

[IMG]http://i40.*******.com/2nk6wes.gif[/IMG]
        Spoiler:- Credits:

Page 11 of 65 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast