Page 14 of 65 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464 ... LastLast

Thread: 5th Gen Shiny Discussion/FAQ Thread

ah that's good

now on my 4th try to get a shiny Mienfoo
    Quote Originally Posted by Vernikova View Post
    My microwave is shooting electricity from the back and it's scaring me.

Nice one, ChaChi!

There's not many cooler feelings than running into a shiny in the wild - totally unpredictable!

This may sound crazy, but I genuinely think shinies are more common in Japanese games. I had NEVER encountered a shiny in the wild in my 10+ years of playing Pokemon, and then I bought Soul Silver in Japanese.

Since then, I've had two random encounters, a Drowzee and a Ditto, both in the Japanese game, and the play time on the Japanese game is <15 hours.

It's nuts!!

Congrats again on the shiny!

I'm currently grinding the battle subway to get the Power Anklet so I can EV train my Tirtouga.

Best of luck to all!!
        Spoiler:- My shinies:

Quote Originally Posted by YNCRN View Post
    Nice one, ChaChi!

This may sound crazy, but I genuinely think shinies are more common in Japanese games. I had NEVER encountered a shiny in the wild in my 10+ years of playing Pokemon, and then I bought Soul Silver in Japanese.

Since then, I've had two random encounters, a Drowzee and a Ditto, both in the Japanese game, and the play time on the Japanese game is <15 hours.
    ;3 I really hope this isn't true.. I can't read Japanese =p

Anyway I have 10 boxes of Absol eggs to hatch.

Kalos Team: Delphox, Florges, Aegislash, Heliolisk, Hawlucha, Avalugg
    Latest Shiny: Helioptile

Fire Safari: Ponyta, Pyroar, Braixen - 1478-3803-9332
    I have claimed #671, Florges

*credit to Equal-To-Heaven for the clock

The odds are still the same 1/8193 for a random encounter for a shiny. Your just lucky in your Japaneese Game and unlucky in your other games.
    Current Hunts

Heart Gold Badge Quest
    1. Shiny Bellsprout- Found on June 27, 2013
    2. Shiny Unkown A- Found on July 1st, 2013
    3. Shiny Nidoran Male- Found on July 25 2013
    4. Shiny Spinrak- Found on July 26 2013
    5. Shiny Spearow- Found on July 28th 2013
    6. Shiny Psyduck- Found on July 28th 2013
    7. Shiny Noctowl- Found on Oct 2nd 2013
    8. Shiny Diglett- Found on August 9th 2014

White 2 Badge Quest- Completed on December 29th 2012!
    1. Shiny Tepig
    2.Shiny Growlithe-7595 RE
    3. Shiny Rattata-4,815 RE
    4.Shiny Yamask-16,772 RE
    5.Shiny Combee(Male)- 19,823 RE
    6. Shiny Zebstrika- 2,025 RE
    7. Shiny Zangoose- 2,582 RE
    8. Shiny Swablu- 12,264 RE

If you have two pokemon breeding for a shiny, im using masuda method, and you take them out of the daycare to breed something else for someone, does it reset your chances of getting a shiny? This just crossed my mind the other day and was jut wondering, and Congrats guys on the other pokemon
    White friend code: 0347 5916 2191
    Black 2 friend code: 0820 1802 1694

Quote Originally Posted by ImAnOKIE12 View Post
    If you have two pokemon breeding for a shiny, im using masuda method, and you take them out of the daycare to breed something else for someone, does it reset your chances of getting a shiny? This just crossed my mind the other day and was jut wondering, and Congrats guys on the other pokemon
    nothing "resets" your chance, really. every egg will have the same ~1/1300 chance at being shiny, no matter what you do.
    Free Rattatas. PM me
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.3.4.
    SS BQ: 1.2.3.4.

Danger has it right.

I've decided what my next hunt is going to be: A shiny Milotic.

Back in the Ruby/Sapphire days I hatched about 5,000 eggs to get a shiny Feebas and evolve it into a shiny Milotic. I have no idea where that cartridge went, but it's burned me every day that I don't still have that shiny Milotic.

For that reason, I'm going to start catching Feebas and begin the process of hatching for a shiny Feebas to evolve it into a Milotic.

I always get excited when starting a new hunt.
        Spoiler:- My shinies:

Ugh...Charmander doesn't like to shine. I was thinking of restarting my Firered so I could dual hunt, but I'm not too sure if I want to. What do you guys think, is it worth it?
    Shinies:
    (132 SRs HG)
    (SR,HG)
    (MM, Black)
    (MM, Black)

Target:
    [MM]

Okay thanks guys, i thought that it didnt matter, but i was just making sure as i was getting eggs and had 4 boxes full already then had to breed a charmander for someone, an dthen i thought what if it resets my chances or something... and yes i know 120 eggs isnt enough. i was just wondering though.

Sorry for the double post but i did it i finally got my secret hunt after 2743 eggs my longest hunt ever. So today i had to start back up and collected 200 eggs for the batch, so as i start to hatch after the 10th eggs Lapras finally shines for me, and everstone work giving me calm nature. This hunt has been going on for 2 and half months already. This is a good week for me. First Sawsbuck yesterday and now my lapras ahahhahhahah too excited. i have been wanting this shiny forever. Still have 190 eggs to hatch maybe a 2nd is this batch.

lil blurry

hey i might take feebas as my next hunt too or kabuto. thanx peeps
        Spoiler:- Shiny Trainer Card:

Quote Originally Posted by ChaChi View Post
    Sorry for the double post but i did it i finally got my secret hunt after 2743 eggs my longest hunt ever. So today i had to start back up and collected 200 eggs for the batch, so as i start to hatch after the 10th eggs Lapras finally shines for me, and everstone work giving me calm nature. This hunt has been going on for 2 and half months already. This is a good week for me. First Sawsbuck yesterday and now my lapras ahahhahhahah too excited. i have been wanting this shiny forever. Still have 190 eggs to hatch maybe a 2nd is this batch.

lil blurry

hey i might take feebas as my next hunt too or kabuto. thanx peeps
    T-Two months? something tells me I'm not gonna get this mienfoo easy

also I see everyone with these trainer cards with shinies on them. where do i make my own?
    Quote Originally Posted by Vernikova View Post
    My microwave is shooting electricity from the back and it's scaring me.

Very nice on the lapras! I need to pick one up myself to breed it eventually.
    Current shiny hunt:
    Whatever I come across in Y.

Current endgame goal: Have all possible #001-#718 boxed in shiny form with legit pokemon
    Progress: 56 out of 718 shinies

FC: 3196-4076-7050
    Flying: Pidgey, Tranquill, and Fletchinder.

I've now hatched 336 Purrloin eggs with no shine. I've started hatching the eggs while REing at route 3, so hoping for a sparkle soon! I'm also going to have to empty out the six boxes of Purrloin that I have since I've run out of box space. Good luck everyone!
    ~RaichuArcanine~

My Shiny Card
    White BQ: Hunting:
    -I'm not a mundane: I'm a Shadowhunter! =D
    I have claimed Raichu!

Just hatched 2 boxes of eggs still no glimpse of a shine from axew after 260 eggs, 3 boxes left before I collect another 5 boxes.
    Thanks to Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner!

Spoiler:- My shiny card:
    Thanks to Rykerr for the shiny card

@Dangertrout yeah I thought so too but teel appeals to me allot, which is why ralts and solosis were on my list :P also idk it just seems that eevee is one of the most hacked shinies next to all the legends.
    Copy/Paste this into your signature if you support a MOTHER 3 remake on the 3DS!-started by ToedandTrue

Thanks to Dragonitor for the userbar.

Current hunts: ~700 eggs (MM) (on hold) , , SR's (BQ) - 9,300
    Finished hunts: 2,058 COMPLETE!! =DDDDD (RE's) 1,664 RE's Complete

May the person with the most sanity and tons of headache medicine and tolerance for hatching loads of eggs win!

Credits to Master of Murkrow for the awesome BQ card

Well it only took 3 months and countless eggs, but I finally have a new shiny:

Black FC: 2408 4926 3109 - Kyle
    My Anime List
        Spoiler:- Shiny card.:

Quote Originally Posted by hellothisismuffin View Post
    T-Two months? something tells me I'm not gonna get this mienfoo easy

also I see everyone with these trainer cards with shinies on them. where do i make my own?
    Shiny hunting has changed a lot since the MM became known. I spent about a year and THOUSANDS of eggs on my Diamond cartridge to get my shiny Pichu and Charmander. It seems that people get upset if they do not get a shiny after 2 boxes of eggs. 2 BOXES! It is much easier now.

I made my own trainer cards. I got the sprites from various websites.

Try this one first since they have so many sprites from all generations of the games --> http://www.spriters-resource.com/ds/...ite/index.html

I made them originally using MS Paint. Now on my Mac I use a "Paint"-like program called Paintbrush.

Shiny's have been EV trained finally!

Living Pokedex Project: 718/718 Completed!

Quote Originally Posted by Sabconth View Post
    Well it only took 3 months and countless eggs, but I finally have a new shiny:

Nice! I haven't seen you around that much recently...

I am going to start a new hunt soon, when I complete my Black Version.
    Yveltal, the Destruction Pokémon: "When its life comes to an end, it absorbs the life energy of every living thing and turns into a cocoon once more."

Spoiler:- Current Hunts:

Quote Originally Posted by AquaRegisteel View Post
    Nice! I haven't seen you around that much recently...
    Well now you know why, multi-egg hunts are not as fruitful as I'd hoped it seems.
    Black FC: 2408 4926 3109 - Kyle
    My Anime List
        Spoiler:- Shiny card.:

Hey guys, been busy training up my Giratina. Once I have finished that I may go back to MMing Tauros again.

Giratina's moveset is Earth Power, Calm Mind, Aura Sphere, Shadow Force. I'm toying with replacing Shadow Force with Draco Meteor, is that a good idea? Is the coverage better as it is at present?
    Current Hunts

2,470 SRs/4,940 birds seen - PAUSED

SS Extra

450 SRs

I was lucky enough to find a shiny Patrat and a shiny Drilbur while trying to hatch some eggs! I still need to train Patrat, but my Drilbur has evolved into Excadrill!

Just got my second shiny magnemite in Virbank Complex, a little disappointed but its not all ad since I can move on with my badge quest. Plus now I get a shiny magnetron and magnezone. Also got shiny dialga just a few days ago in diamo

Next BQ hunt will be route 5 most likely. Congrats on recent shinies and good luck!

Pokemon Soulsilver Badge Quest

Complete!

3DS Friend Code: 5370-0649-6456

I'm MMing a shiny Poliwag. I really want a shiny Politoed. I have 3 boxes. 1 full of eggs and I want to get 2 more of eggs to hatch and see what I get.

I have finally finished my re-arranging to store a bunch of boxes fpor eggs on a shiny cleffa. After i get one, if i do at all. im plannin on starting another hunt. But i was womndering what it should be for? Any ideas? Right now im between Tirtouga, Sandile, Tympole, Totodile, or Roggenrola. Any of these i should try to MM for? Ill gladly take any other ideas.

Got a Sudowoodo Shint for a spare shaymin I had off of the wifi network. I also troll'd the double battle random matchup with my shiny Heatmor and shiny Durant duo. People prolly lol @ the pair up of predator and prey, and lol @ how easy it is to dispose of these two. Either way, my shiny Durant OHKO'd a shiny Latios on there.
    What is Life's Greatest Illusion?
    Innocence, my brother...

Page 14 of 65 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464 ... LastLast