Page 15 of 65 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Thread: 5th Gen Shiny Discussion/FAQ Thread

Haha, on my SS i had a shiny caterpie that i always battled with! Just for the fun of it. Sure it brought my win/loss ratio more to the losing side. but oh well.
    White friend code: 0347 5916 2191
    Black 2 friend code: 0820 1802 1694

Congratz on the recent shinies guys!^-^
    I haven't been hunting much my Cyndaquil hunt is @1010 eggs and my winter RE hunt is around 500-600.
    Most recent shiny:

3DS FC: 4227-2881-7628

Quote Originally Posted by 2rsa View Post
    Congratz on the recent shinies guys!^-^
    I haven't been hunting much my Cyndaquil hunt is @1010 eggs and my winter RE hunt is around 500-600.
    Good look I know sometimes it takes ages :/ ...

20307 Events ,and Continuing

Quote Originally Posted by ImAnOKIE12 View Post
    Right now im between Tirtouga, Sandile, Tympole, Totodile, or Roggenrola. Any of these i should try to MM for? Ill gladly take any other ideas.
    +1 for Totodile I love that little guy!
    Thanks to Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner!

Spoiler:- My shiny card:
    Thanks to Rykerr for the shiny card

I began my shiny Feebas hunt last night, but that requires first setting up a pair of parents.

To do this, I need to get an Abra with a Bold nature (done) and Synchronize (done), trade it to my copy of White (done) and then find a Feebas with good IV's and a Bold nature to be the American parent (done).

It takes a bit of work, but I've done it, and the parent I got is actually PRETTY good! Only took me about an hour to find one with these strong IV's, and I dunno... I thought it was good enough to settle on!

Now I need to transfer another Abra with Synchronize and a Bold nature (which I already have) to my Japanese copy of Soul Silver.

I'll be doing that tonight, and hoping to find a Ditto with IV's that are somewhat near this, then the breeding process begins.

Good luck to all, just an update on how I do things/how far I'd gotten!

And ImAnOKIE12, go for Totodile!!
        Spoiler:- My shinies:

Quote Originally Posted by NoToRiousBrawL View Post
    Good look I know sometimes it takes ages :/ ...
    That' nothing! I'm on 2000+ eggs for my shiny Staryu. My little sister is also MM and got 3 shiny bulbasaurs within 2000! Some people have all the luck! She's so lucky though that she has been running into the same shinies again and so she gave me a shiny delibird and solrock! Yay.

(Shiny Card made by Me)
    White2 Friend Code - 3182 7029 5661
    3DS Friend Code - 1435 4266 5411 - add me for safari and PM me yours. Safari - Fighting Type - Riolu - Pancham - Mankey
    Offering multiple lucky eggs for trade

well this upcoming week is completely empty for me so I'm going to be able to mm allot hopefully. I'll keep trying with eevee, and when I'm done with her/him (kinda hoping for her but I'm not gonna be that picky) I'll move onto Haxorus or Dratini. or Vulpix. idk XD
    Copy/Paste this into your signature if you support a MOTHER 3 remake on the 3DS!-started by ToedandTrue

Thanks to Dragonitor for the userbar.

Current hunts: ~700 eggs (MM) (on hold) , , SR's (BQ) - 9,300
    Finished hunts: 2,058 COMPLETE!! =DDDDD (RE's) 1,664 RE's Complete

May the person with the most sanity and tons of headache medicine and tolerance for hatching loads of eggs win!

Credits to Master of Murkrow for the awesome BQ card

Go with haxorus!

Quote Originally Posted by mia100 View Post
    That' nothing! I'm on 2000+ eggs for my shiny Staryu. My little sister is also MM and got 3 shiny bulbasaurs within 2000! Some people have all the luck! She's so lucky though that she has been running into the same shinies again and so she gave me a shiny delibird and solrock! Yay.
    ....and a charmander! Still my second charmander hasn't blessed me with its presence yet so you still have time to catch up :P

Btw, if you like the Solrock and Delibird I gave you, then they deserve to be in your sig

In hunt news, at 750 eggs for charmander two and 6000 RE's in the outside of giant chasm (hoping for lunatone)

EDIT: Don't know whether to be happy or devastated, just over 6500 RE's and a shiny turns up! But it turns out to not be the Lunatone or any other that I dont have for that matter, but my 3rd shiny SOLROCK

As I've got one for myself and given a second to my sister, anyone else want it? PM me with offers if you'd like to trade another shiny.

At 900 eggs for my second charmander so I hope I haven't spoilt my luck this evening. Good luck to everyone else.
    Last edited by elorasheppard; 5th August 2012 at 5:40 PM. Reason: new shiny

3DS friend code: 3454-1081-1955 Bug - Illumise, Combee, Pinsir Please PM for friend safari
    Looking for Shaymin and Deoxys (trading through gen 6) Please PM with offers!

PokeDex: 803/810
    Lv 100's: 415/810
    Shinydex: 162/810
    shiny100: 005/810

Latest Shiny: (335 encounters 10/07/2014)

Hunts :
    Black2: Route 5 (RE)
    X: Sandshrew (MM)
    Y: Friend safari/Hordes (RE)
    HG: Starter (SR)

@ImAnOK12 LOL I guess so :P I just hope I get it before english Black and white 2 comes out so I can prove I got it before it was easy with the date!
    also Good luck with your charmander, elorasheppard =)
    Just filled 3 boxes with eevees, I'll hatch em now. most of my other boxes are filled so I have to release all teh ones I don't like XD if anyone wants any female eevees I've got like 20 out of the 200 I've hatched so far XDDD idk the exact number I'll look into that later.
    Copy/Paste this into your signature if you support a MOTHER 3 remake on the 3DS!-started by ToedandTrue

May the person with the most sanity and tons of headache medicine and tolerance for hatching loads of eggs win!

YASSSSS!! Finally after 20,967 encounters a shiny Lickitung appears! I went into this thinking it would be just another average hunt but it turned out to be my longest re hunt! All I can say is Challenger's Cave definitely challenged my patience.

Shiny Kalos Challenge!
    (Obtain all 6th gen shinies)
    66/66 Obtained! Completed!!
    Latest Shiny!
    Obtained 6/24/14
    Total Shinies: 256

Currently Hunting:
    Pokemon X:
    Soul Silver: Safari Zone. (RE)
    Heart Gold: Safari Zone. (RE)

Wow congrats on the Lickitung! That was a long hunt for sure :x I am still hatching Charmander eggs and I am about 800 eggs in. Keep up the great work everyone and don't give up! Congrats to everyone else who got a shiny as well!
    Pokemon Y Friend Code : Jamie 3582 9560 5564
    Friend Safari: Fighting= Machoke, Throh, Riolu
    Check out my shiny album: http://s9.beta.photobucket.com/user/...mies%20Shinies
    Current Shiny Hunt-Misdreavus

My Shiny Pokemon (all caught or hatched by me)

Congrats on the shiny lickitung . I'm taking a break from my MM hunt on my white and switched back to my RE hunt for shiny swellow on my black. I've decided that I don't like being "stuck" by having both games on a shiny hunt at the same time because it makes it difficult to do my dailies (rock shard, heart scale, treasure hunter dude, etc...). So on my white since its finally winter I decided to pause my MM hunt and set myself up in the double grass next to dragonspiral tower. I've been wanting to RE druddigon, sawsbuck and meinshao but I didn't want to do it in single grass (had enough of that on my shiny purrloin hunt >_<..) so I paused my MM hunt and got a jolly syncer in my party and ran up the snow slope, so that way at least I'll be up there even when the snow is gone for next month. After setting up I switched back to my RE shiny swellow hunt (double grass on the little island in the ocean) and as of today I've just passed the 1,200 mark for swellow encounters. I checked my card and I've run into around 5,000ish wild pokemon total and so far no shiny sightings yet. I'll finish my swellow hunt on my black and leave the shiny hunts to my white version (since I have the power items on that one)
    Last edited by Birds of Paradise; 6th August 2012 at 3:12 AM.
    Credit to Mew_ for the pokemon banner, Equal-to-Heaven for the braviary clock, ~.:Northern Lights:.~ for the pokemon badge, and the shiny card made by me

Friend code: 0533-5377-8837
    I have normal type (minccino, dunsparce and smeargle)

Spoiler:- My shiny card:
    [IMG]http://i41.*******.com/2vs1amu.jpg[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i41.*******.com/2vhzyoj.jpg[/IMG]

Been slacking a bit recently but I am up to 5100 RE in Sangi Ranch on my white 2 now, hoping for Riolu but as it is 5% I highly doubt it will shine!
    Pokemon Black 2

Masuda

Random
    x2x2

Resets

Pokemon Y - 3DS Friend Code - 0731-6148-7742
    Safari Pokemon - Fraxure, Noibat, Druddigon

^I am also REing in sangi ranch. Only done 1000RE.
    Aiming for mareep, I use static

Hey all, quick question/advice needed.

I'm going to start breeding for a shiny Feebas, then evolve it into a Milotic.

My Japanese Ditto's IV's are as follows:

23/24/25/16/26/29

I have a Japanese Bold Ditto and my American Feebas ready to go. I'm going to have Ditto hold the Everstone to pass down its Bold Nature, and my Feebas' IV's are as follows:

31/10/29/27/30/31

My question is - which of those IV's should I pass down? I know Milotic is a Special Defense beast, so should I pass that stat down? I plan on using it as Special Attacker, so should I pass that down?

Any help would be awesome!!

I cleaned up my boxes in b/w so now I have 1 more box to use for MMing now I have the space to hold 450 pokemon. So far I have hatched only 450 eggs for my next hunt (that new kingdom hearts game came out so i dont have as much time devoted to hunting) ...I think all my shiny luck was used on my lileep so this hunt is going to take longer.....hopefully not kabuto long . : (

@YNCRN I suggest Sp atk because since the ivs of both parents speed Def hp and SP def both look good there is a good chance they will naturally get passed down.
    Last edited by mario_fan; 6th August 2012 at 8:46 PM.
    Feed him

[IMG]http://i40.*******.com/2nk6wes.gif[/IMG]
        Spoiler:- Credits:

Quote Originally Posted by YNCRN View Post
    Hey all, quick question/advice needed.
    I'm going to have Ditto hold the Everstone to pass down its Bold Nature
    Sorry but the everstone method doesnt work when your using the masuda method

Are you sure? because I used that with a modest Flareon and Japanese leafeon (or something I forgot) and a ton of my eevees are now modest like its supposed to work.

Actually, everstone does work with Masuda method, a lot of my MM shinies got the right nature passed down from the parent.
    Shiny Kalos Challenge!
    Latest Shiny!
    Obtained 6/24/14

Currently Hunting:
    Pokemon X:

In generation 4 the Masuda Method would cancel the effect of the everstone for passing natures.
    In generation 5 that restriction was lifted, so the everstone trick works with Masuda Method now.

@YNCRN, I would lock HP for now and wait until you get a baby with a 31 in Def. That's just me though
    Last edited by Dangertrout; 6th August 2012 at 10:04 PM.
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.3.4.
    SS BQ: 1.2.3.

Quote Originally Posted by Dangertrout View Post
    In generation 4 the Masuda Method would cancel the effect of the everstone for passing natures.
    In generation 5 that restriction was lifted, so the everstone trick works with Masuda Method now.
    This is true.

The Masuda Method does work in Gen V. It's not a GUARANTEED pass down of the nature (like in B2W2), but it does give a 50/50 chance of the desired nature passing down.

I just don't know WHICH to pass down before I start hatching!!!

Wait, B2/W2 is ruining that too? OMg seriously they're making MMing as easy as chaining now. its not even going to be worth it once they release it. T_T

^ I don't think that's true either, I asked in the B2/W2 thread and they said its not guaranteed and even if it was how would that make MM'ing as easy as chaining :s?
    Shiny Kalos Challenge!
    Latest Shiny!
    Obtained 6/24/14

Currently Hunting:
    Pokemon X:

^ ok good. and maybe not as easy as chaining btu seriously, if you have both the charms you'll get a bunch of eggs easily, you'll have the highest chance of getting a shiny by breeding, and you're gerunteed your favorite nature? that just seems like the only challenge left is hatching the eggs. and that's easy too if you have flame body and the max hatching power. :/

Page 15 of 65 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast