Page 17 of 65 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Thread: 5th Gen Shiny Discussion/FAQ Thread

My brother hatched a shiny zorua a couple of weeks ago. Although he forgot to give it extrasenssory . It has darkpulse though.

The World God Only knows

Question regarding the Masuda method....are eggs being shiny or not determined when it hatches or when you receive the egg?
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

Quote Originally Posted by HoennMaster View Post
    Question regarding the Masuda method....are eggs being shiny or not determined when it hatches or when you receive the egg?
    it's determined when the daycare man is ready with the egg, so even before he hands it to you.
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.3.4.
    SS BQ: 1.2.3.4.

Quote Originally Posted by Dangertrout View Post
    it's determined when the daycare man is ready with the egg, so even before he hands it to you.
    So I could hatch an egg to see if its shiny, then reset and trade the egg to another game and still have it be shiny?
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

No, as the SID and ID of the other game would be different and reset the egg. This is why the manaphy egg could shine in Gen IV if you traded.
    Shinies: :663:
    (Jirachi is the japanese Tanabata event.)

Currently hunting: N/A

So I could hatch an egg to see if its shiny, then reset and trade the egg to another game and still have it be shiny?
    Im pretty sure that rather or not its shiny has something to do with the O.T and the O.T's secret ID number. I could be wrong though. So if it has something to do with the O.T's secret number, trading it and hatching it would make it not shiny. Like I said I could be wrong.
    Pokemon Y Friend Code : Jamie 3582 9560 5564
    Friend Safari: Fighting= Machoke, Throh, Riolu
    Check out my shiny album: http://s9.beta.photobucket.com/user/...mies%20Shinies
    Current Shiny Hunt-Misdreavus

My Shiny Pokemon (all caught or hatched by me)

No, you're already correct

It's the SID that determines the shininess, so if an egg that contains a shiny is traded to another game, when it hatch in that other game it won't be a shiny.

Same thing happens if you trade away an egg that you know it doesn't contain a shiny. This very rarely happens due to the super small chance, but it is possible that the egg will hatch into a shiny in the other game. This is exactly how legit Shiny Manaphy can exist.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

I just about fell off my bed! I was searching for Unfezant in White2, so I walked into a shaking patch, and a SHINY Audino appeared!!!!!!! This is my third ever RE shiny, all three of which I weren't looking for. First was Tentacruel in Crystal, Munna in Black, and now this beauty. He is adamant ( XD) I will post pics soon as I figure out how to get them off my 3DS.

EDIT: Just checked IV calculator, and he's not half bad.
    HP:21-23
    ATT:24-26
    DEF:18-21
    SPA:30-31
    SPD:12-14
    SPE:17-19
    Last edited by kaorusquee; 9th August 2012 at 7:45 AM.
    View my trade shop here: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...e-s-Trade-Shop

English Black FC: 0948 4275 8925
    English White FC: 1163 7087 2919

Really? I've reset plenty of times in front of the day care man after he's ready with the egg but before he hands it to me, and I've gotten baby Cranidos of all different natures, all three abilities, and both genders.

That leads me to think that the quantity that determines nature, gender, and ability would also be altered in the same way for shininess. Which would mean if the PID is just right, then the child Pokémon would be shiny.

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

Not quite. The PID is set once the egg is collected, so the nature, ability, gender, IVs an anything else that is tied to the PID won't change after the egg is collected. However, the game does not check the PID against the ID/SID combo until the egg hatches. If you are really determined, you could box up 500 eggs, hatch them, and if none are shiny trade them to another game and hatch them all again. Of course, that seems like more work to me then collecting more eggs, but i guess that depends on the person.

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    It's the SID that determines the shininess
    True, but not complete. The PID is checked against the ID AND the SID. The combo together needs to produce a shiny. Even if two games have the same SID, the egg will not hatch shiny on both if the ID differs. There are also a few other factors involved, such as MMing, but that's not the issue at hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    That leads me to think that the quantity that determines nature, gender, and ability would also be altered in the same way for shininess. Which would mean if the PID is just right, then the child Pokémon would be shiny.
    Pretty much. Shininess is variable right up until the egg hatches. Technically, the PID doesn't determine shininess, but rather, the ID/SID combo produce a shiny for that PID. Naturally you can get any PID on any game, but if the ID combo isn't right, it will not be shiny. Extrapolating this out to its logical conclusion, PID doesn't control for shininess, but it is a factor, dependent upon the ID/SID combo.
    My FC is: 1118-1633-7306
    Friend Safari: Poison - Cascoon, Venomoth, and Muk.

Quote Originally Posted by Hozu
    People can be whatever they want on the internet. I wonder why so many of them choose to be stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by dewey911p View Post
    Pretty much. Shininess is variable right up until the egg hatches. Technically, the PID doesn't determine shininess, but rather, the ID/SID combo produce a shiny for that PID. Naturally you can get any PID on any game, but if the ID combo isn't right, it will not be shiny. Extrapolating this out to its logical conclusion, PID doesn't control for shininess, but it is a factor, dependent upon the ID/SID combo.
    Perfect, which is just what I needed to make sure. I knew the PID was a factor in determining shininess along with the SID/ID combo.
    Which means, if I calculate correctly, that for any one shiny Pokémon to-be, there are 524,288 other ID/SID combos that one could trade it to in order to still have a shiny Pokémon upon hatching.

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

yeah im pretty sure you can. I've done it before on accident. xD
    Copy/Paste this into your signature if you support a MOTHER 3 remake on the 3DS!-started by ToedandTrue

Thanks to Dragonitor for the userbar.

Current hunts: ~700 eggs (MM) (on hold) , , SR's (BQ) - 9,300
    Finished hunts: 2,058 COMPLETE!! =DDDDD (RE's) 1,664 RE's Complete

May the person with the most sanity and tons of headache medicine and tolerance for hatching loads of eggs win!

Credits to Master of Murkrow for the awesome BQ card

Sorry, I was thinking Gen 4. In Gen 4 you could save in front of the guy and the nature/ability/gender and I think shininess were set, allowing you to SR for good IVs once you got what you wanted.
    In Gen 5, nothing was set so you couldn't SR like that anymore.
    Clearly I was tired >.<
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.3.4.
    SS BQ: 1.2.3.4.

So, just to confirm:

I can collect 4 boxes of eggs and save my game.

After saving my game, if I were to hatch a shiny on say, egg number 50, I could turn my game off (as I previously saved), turn the game back on, go straight to egg 50 and hatch it and it's GUARANTEED to be shiny?

I'm asking because I love hatching shinies, but I'm super OCD about certain things and it bothers me that it says "hatched on Route 3". I'd much rather it say something cooler, like "hatched in the Dreamyard" or something like that.

Has anyone confirmed this before? Do we have proof from someone who's actually done it?

I'd totally do it, but I need to A)hatch another shiny and B)hope it's actually true and I'm not wasting a shiny.

Can anyone confirm this from personal experience?
        Spoiler:- My shinies:

Quote Originally Posted by RedCometCustom View Post
    Good luck with the Sneasel! That was one of my lucky ones: Shiny Adamant female with Ice Punch in less than two hours. Sadly Riolu is not being as cooperative.
    Thanks. I am at 2,015 currently hatched and still have 235 eggs to hatch. I box 15 boxes before I hatch so I can easily count eggs. 15 boxes= 450 eggs. Easy math. I hope I get it in these last 235 eggs!

Quote Originally Posted by Azaki View Post
    X_x I ran into a shiny Axew and I was like "O: gotta catch this!!!" but then I realised I had no pokeballs or anything to capture it with... still on the hunt though
    Were you specifically hunting for a shiny, or was it completely random? If you were hunting for one, you should have made sure you had some pokeballs! Anyways, sorry about that luck! Shiny Axew is so adorable. I hated to evolve mine but I LOVE my Haxorus now. <3
    OR BQ: 1. (Dec 13) 2. (Dec 14) 3. (Dec 21) 4. (Dec 21) 5. (Dec 25) 6. ? 7. 8.

Y BQ COMPLETE!!: 1. Fennekin (Oct 21) 2. (Nov 3) 3. (Nov 17) 4. (Nov 17) 5. (Nov 17) 6. (Dec 10) 7. Klefki (Dec 13) 8. Trevenant (Dec 18)

Current Hunt: OR: BQ #6 & AS: ?

3DS Friend Codes:
    2165-6202-2279
    5370-0975-3532

I caught my first shiny about a week ago while trying to level up my Seismitoad. It was a shiny Tangela and it was completely random too. I wasn't even looking for shiny Pokemon at the moment.
    Aside from that I'm now trying to get a shiny Roggenrola and a shiny Kabuto.
    I have claimed Scizor, the king of Bug-Types.
    Planned ORAS Teams:

Trinity League Badges:

Credit: AstralShadow (userbar) & Kida-Ookami (badge)

Credit for this epic banner goes to Sworn Metalhead of Daedric Design.

Quote Originally Posted by YNCRN View Post
    So, just to confirm:

I can collect 4 boxes of eggs and save my game.

After saving my game, if I were to hatch a shiny on say, egg number 50, I could turn my game off (as I previously saved), turn the game back on, go straight to egg 50 and hatch it and it's GUARANTEED to be shiny?

I'm asking because I love hatching shinies, but I'm super OCD about certain things and it bothers me that it says "hatched on Route 3". I'd much rather it say something cooler, like "hatched in the Dreamyard" or something like that.

Has anyone confirmed this before? Do we have proof from someone who's actually done it?

I'd totally do it, but I need to A)hatch another shiny and B)hope it's actually true and I'm not wasting a shiny.

Can anyone confirm this from personal experience?
    THIS!!! EXACTLY!! I know precisely what you mean. you can totally do that. i plan on doing that. dreamyard or skyarrow bridge would be so much cooler than route three you know?! It can be done, as the shiny factor of the egg is determined as you get it, not when you hatch it.
    Copy/Paste this into your signature if you support a MOTHER 3 remake on the 3DS!-started by ToedandTrue

May the person with the most sanity and tons of headache medicine and tolerance for hatching loads of eggs win!

Quote Originally Posted by Claus351 View Post
    THIS!!! EXACTLY!! I know precisely what you mean. you can totally do that. i plan on doing that. dreamyard or skyarrow bridge would be so much cooler than route three you know?! It can be done, as the shiny factor of the egg is determined as you get it, not when you hatch it.
    Lately I've been gathering my eggs and going to Skyarrow Bridge.

Instead of using Magmar for its Flame Body, I've been using Volcarona - teach it 'Fly' and go to the bridge. It requires MUCH less attention and you can travel a lot longer before having to switch directions.

That alone makes me feel better, as "hatched on Skyarrow Bridge" sounds much cooler than "hated on Route 3", but still, it'd just be nice to know, FOR SURE, that I can hatch that shiny egg anywhere I want to have the "hatched on" tag be much cooler than what my first two MM shinies are...

OCD for the loss.
        Spoiler:- My shinies:

Sorry, I was thinking Gen 4. In Gen 4 you could save in front of the guy and the nature/ability/gender and I think shininess were set, allowing you to SR for good IVs once you got what you wanted.
    In Gen 5, nothing was set so you couldn't SR like that anymore.
    Clearly I was tired >.<
    Yeah, gen 4 was much cooler in that regard as you could get RNGed looking IVs with just hours of soft resetting. Lock in the nature, ability and shinines and SR for the IVs. Too bad gen 5 did away with that <.<

Quote Originally Posted by YNCRN View Post
    So, just to confirm:

Yes that is correct. If your game produces a shiny egg, it will always hatch shiny. So, if as you said, egg 50 is shiny, you can turn off you game, pick up egg 50, and hatch it where every you want. I RNGed about 30 eggs for someone a year or so ago, and they hatch shiny on my game, but he wants them in eggs so they are still in the eggs. Regardless, if i were to hatch one, or even all 30, they would still be shiny, and yes, i hatched them all already just to verify they were right, then turned the game off without saving. I have also hatched themn all again since (because i forgot which one was which and what the exact details were) and they were indeed still shiny. Don't worry, you will not lose a shiny as long as you save before it hatches. Well, if you trade that egg away it probably won't be shiny on the next game, but that isn't at issue here.

Quote Originally Posted by Claus351 View Post
    It can be done, as the shiny factor of the egg is determined as you get it, not when you hatch it.
    Unless your talking about gen 4, like Dangertrout pointed out earlier, that is incorrect. The game does not check the PID against the ID/SID combo until the egg hatched. Even in gen 4, if you trade the egg to a different game, the egg will not hatch shiny on the other game. The reason you can be certain that once an egg hatched shiny on your game it will always hatch shiny is because the PID is set once the egg is collected. As long as the PID, ID, and SID don't change, the egg will always be shiny.
    My FC is: 1118-1633-7306
    Friend Safari: Poison - Cascoon, Venomoth, and Muk.

Quote Originally Posted by Hozu
    People can be whatever they want on the internet. I wonder why so many of them choose to be stupid.

I've been working on a new hunt recently; I'm trying to do random encounters for a Shiny Patrat on Route 1. It was either that or do soft resets for a Shiny Legendary, but I decided that doing random encounters would be more fun since there's a certain thrill to the hunt. Aside from that, I've been moving my Shinies on Black version to my spare White version since I'm thinking of restarting the game. It's only now that I realize how many Shinies I've managed to collect; I have like 50, 35 of which are from trades. Anyway, good luck to everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by dewey911p View Post

Yes that is correct. If your game produces a shiny egg, it will always hatch shiny. So, if as you said, egg 50 is shiny, you can turn off you game, pick up egg 50, and hatch it where every you want. I RNGed about 30 eggs for someone a year or so ago, and they hatch shiny on my game, but he wants them in eggs so they are still in the eggs. Regardless, if i were to hatch one, or even all 30, they would still be shiny, and yes, i hatched them all already just to verify they were right, then turned the game off without saving. I have also hatched themn all again since (because i forgot which one was which and what the exact details were) and they were indeed still shiny. Don't worry, you will not lose a shiny as long as you save before it hatches. Well, if you trade that egg away it probably won't be shiny on the next game, but that isn't at issue here.

Unless your talking about gen 4, like Dangertrout pointed out earlier, that is incorrect. The game does not check the PID against the ID/SID combo until the egg hatched. Even in gen 4, if you trade the egg to a different game, the egg will not hatch shiny on the other game. The reason you can be certain that once an egg hatched shiny on your game it will always hatch shiny is because the PID is set once the egg is collected. As long as the PID, ID, and SID don't change, the egg will always be shiny.
    Oh. well that's not that different. I thought it was always shiny when you got it though :/ oh well. Just don't trade them :P
    @4th Kira good luck. your avatar is disturbing. XD

Congrats on everyones recent shinies, and good luck.

Score for me! My sister decided she never uses her black or soulsilver and so she gave them to me! Lots of hunting on those for me.

Pokemon Soulsilver Badge Quest

Complete!

3DS Friend Code: 5370-0649-6456

Hate to crash the party but it's about time we are allowed to post more than once per page. Plus the excuse of it being relaxed is funny and a good sense of word play.

That's all I really got to say, I got no time to play with these childish rule changing methods anymore.
    SHINY HUNTER

---2802EGGS GOT!!--

Check out my fantasy fiction series!!
    bloodletterfantasyseries.tumblr.com

My thoughts on RNG? http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lo...v0lvo1_400.jpg
    I wont battle you if you RNG, nor would I ever consider you a legitimate Pokemon trainer.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowedXHunted View Post
    Hate to crash the party but it's about time we are allowed to post more than once per page. Plus the excuse of it being relaxed is funny and a good sense of word play.

That's all I really got to say, I got no time to play with these childish rule changing methods anymore.
    We can post more than once per page, we just can't fill up an entire page with our own posts or with posts that don't pertain to shiny hunting.
    Black FC: 2408 4926 3109 - Kyle
    My Anime List
        Spoiler:- Shiny card.:

Quote Originally Posted by Sabconth View Post
    We can post more than once per page, we just can't fill up an entire page with our own posts or with posts that don't pertain to shiny hunting.
    Such as his post.

Anyway I'm at around 1,000 REs in my route 5 hunt and am a bit bored of hunting, so I'll probably take a break to do a SS Nuzlocke.

Pokemon Soulsilver Badge Quest

Complete!

3DS Friend Code: 5370-0649-6456

Page 17 of 65 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast