Page 18 of 65 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Thread: 5th Gen Shiny Discussion/FAQ Thread

Quote Originally Posted by dewey911p View Post
    Unless your talking about gen 4, like Dangertrout pointed out earlier, that is incorrect. The game does not check the PID against the ID/SID combo until the egg hatched. Even in gen 4, if you trade the egg to a different game, the egg will not hatch shiny on the other game. The reason you can be certain that once an egg hatched shiny on your game it will always hatch shiny is because the PID is set once the egg is collected. As long as the PID, ID, and SID don't change, the egg will always be shiny.
    Wait - does this mean in Heart Gold and Soul Silver I can collect an egg, walk it up until the point that it's one step away from hatching, save and soft reset until it hatches shiny?

I always thought, no matter what game, shininess was determined when you pick up the egg and not when it hatches?

I always thought this wasn't the case, but if it is - holy cow, I may be soft resetting/Masuda Methoding some Gen IV Pokemon!
        Spoiler:- My shinies:

Quote Originally Posted by YNCRN View Post
    Wait - does this mean in Heart Gold and Soul Silver I can collect an egg, walk it up until the point that it's one step away from hatching, save and soft reset until it hatches shiny?

I always thought, no matter what game, shininess was determined when you pick up the egg and not when it hatches?

I always thought this wasn't the case, but if it is - holy cow, I may be soft resetting/Masuda Methoding some Gen IV Pokemon!
    No, it means you can save in front of the daycare man (in gen 4) BEFORE taking the egg, hatch it and get different IVs.
    When the man holds the egg, the gender, ability, nature and shininess is set.
    BUT the shininess calculation is done as it hatches, so if you trade the egg TO A DIFFERENT GAME it is possible it will hatch shiny there.
    The calculation uses your Trainer ID and Secret ID. different game = different TID & SID. so that's why it's possible for an egg to hatch a shiny on one game, but not on another.
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.3.4.
    SS BQ: 1.2.3.4.

Quote Originally Posted by Dangertrout View Post
    No, it means you can save in front of the daycare man (in gen 4) BEFORE taking the egg, hatch it and get different IVs.
    When the man holds the egg, the gender, ability, nature and shininess is set.
    BUT the shininess calculation is done as it hatches, so if you trade the egg TO A DIFFERENT GAME it is possible it will hatch shiny there.
    The calculation uses your Trainer ID and Secret ID. different game = different TID & SID. so that's why it's possible for an egg to hatch a shiny on one game, but not on another.
    but this changed in B/W am I right? now you can save in front of the man and when you receive the egg it determines if its shiny. Am I right or not?

Spoiler:- Y Badge Quest:

ya I get all my shinys off of GTS negotiations
    Mewtwo

You know anger most of all your emotions. You hold grudges against people, and swear to take revenge on anyone who gets in your way. You have a heart of power, and you constantly use that power in a bad way.

Quote Originally Posted by master of murkrow View Post
    but this changed in B/W am I right? now you can save in front of the man and when you receive the egg it determines if its shiny. Am I right or not?
    yes, it changed in Gen 5. In BW everything is set when you receive the egg from the daycare man, so SRing for IVs doesn't work anymore.
    In BW2 it changed again, I heard it was causing trouble for the RNG abusers. I don't have access to those games though, so I haven't looked into the specifics yet.
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.3.4.
    SS BQ: 1.2.3.4.

4,001 eggs hatched since my last shiny and counting. Right now I'm focusing on hatching a shiny deino. At 800 hatched eggs for it. Hoping it hatches soon.
    Current Hunts

Omegaruby Badgequest
    1. Zigzagoon- November 24th, 2014
    2. Makhuita- December 7th, 2014
    3. Oddish- December 7th, 2014
    4. Wurmple- December 14th 2014

Heart Gold Badge Quest
    1. Shiny Bellsprout
    2. Shiny Unkown A
    3. Shiny Nidoran Male
    4. Shiny Spinrak
    5. Shiny Spearow
    6. Shiny Psyduck
    7. Shiny Noctowl
    8. Shiny Diglett

White 2 Badge Quest- Completed on December 29th 2012!
    1. Shiny Tepig
    2.Shiny Growlithe-7595 RE
    3. Shiny Rattata-4,815 RE
    4.Shiny Yamask-16,772 RE
    5.Shiny Combee(Male)- 19,823 RE
    6. Shiny Zebstrika- 2,025 RE
    7. Shiny Zangoose- 2,582 RE
    8. Shiny Swablu- 12,264 RE

Wow! I got seven shinies today through the GTS Negotiations from one player! I am in total shock right now! I gotten a shiny Ho-oh, shiny Rapidash, shiny Kyurem, shiny Raikou, shiny Emboar and two shiny Aggrons. However, there is a part of me that is thinking that these were all hacked, maybe cloned but I am not 100% sure. Going to check out the hack check thread to see.
    Pokemon White FC: 2537-9783-8656 - Axel
    Pokemon White 2 FC: 1163-9089-5196 - Axel

Quote Originally Posted by master of murkrow View Post
    In gen 4 the PID and the IVs were seperate for eggs, so the PID (gender, nature, ability, shininess, etc) was set once the egg was generated and ready for pick up. However, the IVs used a different RNG call and so they were not determined until the egg was collected. In this way you could do what Dangertrout said, lock in a nature, ability, and shiny factory, and then SR for the IVs. In gen 5 B/W the IVs and the PID are tied together. When you collect the egg from the daycare man the PID and the IVs are both generated and set. Once you collect the egg, the baby inside is set and will not change. However, unlike gen 4, in gen 5 you can SR in front of the old man and the baby will change each and every time. In B/W2 the breeding mechanics are screwy. When the game is started and the first call to the RNG is executed, the game will return the same value each time. simply what this means is that it is pointless to SR for an egg in B/W2 because you will get the same result each time. Also, the everstone seems to be an all or nothing thing now. If the everstone nature is passed down the first time, then it will always be passed down, and if its not passed on, it will never be passed on. I think it was also a locked nature, so if your first egg is lax, all eggs will be a lax nature. Dont panic though, it has been awhile since i looked at the details and I'm not 100% certain on B/W2 breeding yet. Like Dangertrout, i don't have the games yet so i havent paid much attention either. I know for a fact that its virtually impossible to RNG abuse an egg on B/W2 but i doubt anyone here cares much about that fact. Also, this was a coding error on Game Freaks part that was discovered in the Japanese versions of the game, it is entirely possible that the issue will be fixed for the international release.
    Last edited by dewey911p; 11th August 2012 at 3:22 AM.
    My FC is: 1118-1633-7306
    Friend Safari: Poison - Cascoon, Venomoth, and Muk.

Quote Originally Posted by Hozu
    People can be whatever they want on the internet. I wonder why so many of them choose to be stupid.

Hey everyone, I haven't posted here in a while because I haven't gotten any 5th gen shinies. I'm mainly focusing on my 4th gen SR hunts (Palkia and Groudon) and RE in Sapphire, but I have been hatching Ponyta eggs in White as well. I just finished hatching another batch and am now up to 2348 eggs, and probably around 4000 eggs since I started hunting Ponyta (since I also hatched between 1600 and 1700 Blitzle eggs). Hopefully it'll shine in the next 360 eggs, since that would free me up to focus on Snivy in Black.

Congrats on all of the shinies that people have gotten since I posted last, and good luck to all of you on your hunts =)
    [IMG]http://i47.*******.com/2r40gt0.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i48.*******.com/j0wppv.jpg[/IMG]
    ~Shiny Card~
    If You're Interested in Shiny Hunting, Check Out Shiny Hunters United!

Right, I've filled up 10 boxes of Staryu eggs and now off to hatch them. After I hatch this batch, it will bring me up to 1,500 eggs! Why won't it shine! Longest hunt by far!

(Shiny Card made by Me)
    White2 Friend Code - 3182 7029 5661
    3DS Friend Code - 1435 4266 5411 - add me for safari and PM me yours. Safari - Fighting Type - Riolu - Pancham - Mankey
    Offering multiple lucky eggs for trade

Now that drifblim is EVd in HP and sp. atk im wondering what to hunt next. Im thinking dreamyard, abundant shrine or relic castle. Im thinking dreamyard mostly to reclaim a shiny raticate that fled from me in the SS safari zone, but a shiny cofagrigus looks awesome, same with onix and sandslash.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson_Blazer View Post
    Now that drifblim is EVd in HP and sp. atk im wondering what to hunt next. Im thinking dreamyard, abundant shrine or relic castle. Im thinking dreamyard mostly to reclaim a shiny raticate that fled from me in the SS safari zone, but a shiny cofagrigus looks awesome, same with onix and sandslash.
    I would say go with the Raticate, but thats just me. Catch the one that ran away! It will feel sweet when you get him ^.^
    Pokemon Y Friend Code : Jamie 3582 9560 5564
    Friend Safari: Fighting= Machoke, Throh, Riolu
    Check out my shiny album: http://s9.beta.photobucket.com/user/...mies%20Shinies
    Current Shiny Hunt-Misdreavus

My Shiny Pokemon (all caught or hatched by me)

I did some more Shiny Pokemon sorting in my games, and I've finally moved them all into the correct cartridge. Now that I have all my Shiny Pokemon organized, I have more time to work on my current Shiny Patrat random encounter hunt, which has gotten off to a great start. I've done around 200 random encounters for it since starting the hunt yesterday, and I plan to do another 200 tomorrow or maybe even more if I can get up early enough. I'd like to find the Shiny before September, but we'll see how it goes. Good luck to everyone else.

I've currently hatched 400 or so Purrloin, with no shine.I had a brainwave when I finished storing two boxes of eggs last night, so now I'm hatching Purrloin while REing for shiny tangela on route 13. Good luck everyone!
    ~RaichuArcanine~

My Shiny Card
    White BQ:
    Hunting: <-OR

I haven't been posting much in this thread lately (been posting in the General thread the most), but I decided to just stop by and say that I FINALLY got my shiny Sneasel. Its a male, naive nature, and has keen eye! So excited! 2,222 eggs! Picture coming soon!

EDIT: Here's my picture (bad quality I know):
    111444.jpg
    Last edited by KittyKitty3308; 11th August 2012 at 5:37 PM.
    OR BQ: 1. (Dec 13) 2. (Dec 14) 3. ? 4. 5. 6. 7. 8.

Y BQ COMPLETE!!: 1. Fennekin (Oct 21) 2. (Nov 3) 3. (Nov 17) 4. (Nov 17) 5. (Nov 17) 6. (Dec 10) 7. Klefki (Dec 13) 8. Trevenant (Dec 18)

Current Hunt: OR: BQ #3- Fiery Path & AS: ?

Friend Codes for Safari:
    X: 2165-6202-2279 (Type: Water with Panpour, Frogadier, and Wartortle)
    Y: 5370-0975-3532 (Type: Flying with Woobat, Pidgey, and Rufflet)

Congrats on the Sneasel!

I have a question. Do the pokemon used to MM have to be either 100% foreign or from your game? For example, if I have a Togekiss bred from a Japanese Togetic and a Honchkrow from my game and I use it to breed with another foreign poke, will the pokemon that hatches still have a chance of being shiny?

Just make sure that its a foreign and an english/whatever language your game is. My breeder is a poketransferred electivire. And my shiny bisharp was hatched from a previous pawniard he had sired, so yes, itll work

Ok thanks! ^__^

Quote Originally Posted by KittyKitty3308 View Post
    I haven't been posting much in this thread lately (been posting in the General thread the most), but I decided to just stop by and say that I FINALLY got my shiny Sneasel. Its a male, naive nature, and has keen eye! So excited! 2,222 eggs! Picture coming soon!

EDIT: Here's my picture (bad quality I know):
    111444.jpg
    OMG CONGRATS! You finally got it!!!! =D good work!!
    I'm still hatching eevee eggs. haven't done the Chargestone cave RE in a while, i'll do that later today probs. if I'm not busy watching Dr.Who XD
    Copy/Paste this into your signature if you support a MOTHER 3 remake on the 3DS!-started by ToedandTrue

Thanks to Dragonitor for the userbar.

Current hunts: ~700 eggs (MM) (on hold) , , SR's (BQ) - 9,300
    Finished hunts: 2,058 COMPLETE!! =DDDDD (RE's) 1,664 RE's Complete

May the person with the most sanity and tons of headache medicine and tolerance for hatching loads of eggs win!

Credits to Master of Murkrow for the awesome BQ card

Had this pokemon as part of my regular hunting rotation for as long as I remember, and I can finally stop waiting for it to shine.

It's adamant, which is great, but it's stats are apparently average, which isn't so great. Ah well, i'm just happy to have a shiny Beldum at last.
    Black FC: 2408 4926 3109 - Kyle
    My Anime List
        Spoiler:- Shiny card.:

An adamant metagross? Omg lucky. mine is quirky which is neutral, but it has a good IV in Atk and Def

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson_Blazer View Post
    An adamant metagross? Omg lucky. mine is quirky which is neutral, but it has a good IV in Atk and Def
    I'm way too timid to evolve my shinies, I just keep them untouched and store them like trophies. Having a shiny Metagross on the team would be achingly awesome though.
    Black FC: 2408 4926 3109 - Kyle
    My Anime List
        Spoiler:- Shiny card.:

Wow this has been one eventful summer...

on my 1147th egg I have yet another green (ish) shiny to add to my collection

Spoiler:- *drumroll*:

It was a pretty hard hunt considering its not very different from its non shiny counter part but it was obvious enough to spot once it hatched. Its has a relaxed nature which is pretty good for a defensive and slow pokemon or... essentially made for a defensive and slow pokemon.

Iv's
    HP: 0-1 ( really!)
    ATK:27
    DEF:19
    SPAt:8
    SPD:8
    SPE:16

I think might be on a shiny hunting hiatus for the rest of the summer but I will be back to complete this little contest

Spoiler:- Progress:
    Feed him

[IMG]http://i40.*******.com/2nk6wes.gif[/IMG]
        Spoiler:- Credits:

Thanks nekomi and Claus! It felt like it took forever! I have already started my Aipom hunt now. I have like 60 more eggs to collect until I get to my 450 batch and then it is hatching time.

Also, congrats Sabconth on the Beldum! I want a shiny Metagross really bad. I kinda understand what you mean about not wanting to evolve/touch them.

And congrats to mario_fan on the Dwebble(?) I forgot that things name.
    OR BQ: 1. (Dec 13) 2. (Dec 14) 3. ? 4. 5. 6. 7. 8.

Y BQ COMPLETE!!: 1. Fennekin (Oct 21) 2. (Nov 3) 3. (Nov 17) 4. (Nov 17) 5. (Nov 17) 6. (Dec 10) 7. Klefki (Dec 13) 8. Trevenant (Dec 18)

Current Hunt: OR: BQ #3- Fiery Path & AS: ?

Friend Codes for Safari:
    X: 2165-6202-2279 (Type: Water with Panpour, Frogadier, and Wartortle)
    Y: 5370-0975-3532 (Type: Flying with Woobat, Pidgey, and Rufflet)

Quote Originally Posted by mario_fan View Post
    Wow this has been one eventful summer...

on my 1147th egg I have yet another green (ish) shiny to add to my collection

Spoiler:- *drumroll*:

It was a pretty hard hunt considering its not very different from its non shiny counter part but it was obvious enough to spot once it hatched. Its has a relaxed nature which is pretty good for a defensive and slow pokemon or... essentially made for a defensive and slow pokemon.

Iv's
    HP: 0-1 ( really!)
    ATK:27
    DEF:19
    SPAt:8
    SPD:8
    SPE:16

I think might be on a shiny hunting hiatus for the rest of the summer but I will be back to complete this little contest

Spoiler:- Progress:
    Dwebble was my first 5th gen shiny, got it randomly while trying to get the waterfall TM. Grats

Page 18 of 65 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast