Page 22 of 65 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

Thread: 5th Gen Shiny Discussion/FAQ Thread

Up to about 1200 eggs hatched in my Charmander MM hunt. Hoping to get it this weekend because classes start for me next week O.o Congrats on all the new shiny pokemon and good luck to everyone who is hunting at the moment. ;D
    Pokemon Y Friend Code : Jamie 3582 9560 5564
    Friend Safari: Fighting= Machoke, Throh, Riolu
    Check out my shiny album: http://s9.beta.photobucket.com/user/...mies%20Shinies
    Current Shiny Hunt-Misdreavus

My Shiny Pokemon (all caught or hatched by me)

Hi everyone! I encountered a shiny yesterday! My DS lite was nearly out of charge so I went to the hidden hollows in Pinwheel forest in my White 2. On my way I went into a double battle grass, and a shiny whirlpede lv.63 rolls acrosss my screen! Omg I was so scared my ds would run out of charge so I threw my masterball, and saved not even nicknming it x3. My DS lite ran out of charge right after it saved. Later on, I nicknamed Dashe as a temporary nickname until I thought of something better... still thinking.. She has a neutral nature, and everything else is japanese. I'm so happy about this random shiny!

Spoiler:- Summary:

Spoiler:- Sparkles:

Spoiler:- In battle:

Good luck on ur hunts everyone!

P.S.: I'm too lazy to get the shiny charm or round charm for that matter so this is a legit 1/8192 shiny!
    Last edited by EmiiLava; 19th August 2012 at 4:36 PM.

My xat avvie (c) me
    {~Friend Safari : GHOST : Pumpkaboo | Golurk | Lampent~}
    {~Fire Type Cloob~}{~TEF~}
    {~Total self-caught shinies: 82~} {~Most recent shiny : 2nd Shiny Treecko(MM)~}

3DS FC : 4012-3813-9306 IGN Emii(Y version)

1/8192 shiny :p

This is formerly The Brown Machop as I have lost my password and wanted to post my latest shiny after hunting 4 long months I finally got my shiny johto starter it was a chikorita now a bayleef and i also got a random shiny dratini from the game corner as a nice bonus

Im going to try a RE method for a Rufflet, but only when Im taking breaks from MM my Eevee
    My Pokemon White FC: 4728-4965-2910
    My Pokemon White 2 FC: 4513-8303-2953

Quote Originally Posted by PaddysTurtwigFanClub View Post
    gl shiny super cow my treecko took that long too i luv him 30 vulpixs and 120 sentrets hatched, i enjoying this atm.....
    Thanks!

I'll try to hatch some more eggs tomorrow, took a bit of a break because of the nice weather all of a sudden!
    First MM Shiny Hunt Completed!
    After:2648 eggs!

How do you guys keep track of your random encounters?

breathe it in, i'm gonna shine. it's my moment, i'm going to fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Shneak View Post
    Firstly hello everyone. I have to admit i have not done much MMing with Charmander in a while but recently hatched another half of a box and still not found my shiny Charmander.

Secondly in reply to the quote, I think when people do REing they use the trainder card. You have to scroll down the card and you'll see the encounters and the number you've had throughout gameplay. I believe the number it currently is at is the starting number so that is recorded down (example, 2120) and then say a shiny appears after a few days of REing the number is then checked again (example, 3450) and i think you minus the first number from this to get your number of random encounters (example, 1330). I haven't really tried the Random encountering thing so i don't know if that is it 100% but that is how i think it is doe based on the information i was given about it.
    Shinies are good.

i got some shinys, but the one im most proud of that i got is my absol,
    it have been one of my main pokémons in my journey trough all my pokemon games.

i got it from emeral,

W2: 5072-1789-3761 | W: 1807-9100-3523 | IGN: Draco | My Clan: The Hoenn Triangle

Spoiler:- THT:

Quote Originally Posted by Shneak View Post
    go to your trainer card, write down the number of encounters you have (its on the back and you have to scroll down). then go RE a bunch and subtract thet base no. from that to find out.
    Copy/Paste this into your signature if you support a MOTHER 3 remake on the 3DS!-started by ToedandTrue

Thanks to Dragonitor for the userbar.

Current hunts: ~700 eggs (MM) (on hold) , , SR's (BQ) - 9,300
    Finished hunts: 2,058 COMPLETE!! =DDDDD (RE's) 1,664 RE's Complete

May the person with the most sanity and tons of headache medicine and tolerance for hatching loads of eggs win!

Credits to Master of Murkrow for the awesome BQ card

while hunting heracross I found a shiny tranquil, lucky me
    5/7/2011 ---> Shiny 8716 SRs

20/8/2012 ---> Shiny tranquil -> 20 random encounters

12/07/2013 ---> Shiny Rayquaza -> 83 SRs
    15/07/2013 ---> Shiny Groudon -> 851 SRs
    30/07/2013 ---> Shiny Kyogre -> 1529 SRs

3DS Friend Code : 4699-6214-1047
    Safari : jigglypuff, dedenne, flabebe

So it's been a while since my last shiny which was Areodactyl. Before today I had hatched 5196 eggs of various pokemon. Today I decided to try and hatch a shiny piplup. To my surprise on egg 21 I managed to hatch one. It is male and has rash nature. It's Ivs are HP 0-31, Atk 31, Defense 0-31, Sp. Atk 0-31, Sp.Def 0-31 and Speed 0-19.Photo 126.jpg
    Current Hunts

Heart Gold Badge Quest
    1. Shiny Bellsprout- Found on June 27, 2013
    2. Shiny Unkown A- Found on July 1st, 2013
    3. Shiny Nidoran Male- Found on July 25 2013
    4. Shiny Spinrak- Found on July 26 2013
    5. Shiny Spearow- Found on July 28th 2013
    6. Shiny Psyduck- Found on July 28th 2013
    7. Shiny Noctowl- Found on Oct 2nd 2013
    8. Shiny Diglett- Found on August 9th 2014

White 2 Badge Quest- Completed on December 29th 2012!
    1. Shiny Tepig
    2.Shiny Growlithe-7595 RE
    3. Shiny Rattata-4,815 RE
    4.Shiny Yamask-16,772 RE
    5.Shiny Combee(Male)- 19,823 RE
    6. Shiny Zebstrika- 2,025 RE
    7. Shiny Zangoose- 2,582 RE
    8. Shiny Swablu- 12,264 RE

I didn't know the trainer card could record that. Thanks, it will be helpful if I get around to it.

breathe it in, i'm gonna shine. it's my moment, i'm going to fly.

Im in the process of hatching my new batch of Eevee eggs, only at 150 eggs now. THE SUSPENSE KILLS ME
    My Pokemon White FC: 4728-4965-2910
    My Pokemon White 2 FC: 4513-8303-2953

Well i found a completely random palpitoad but guess what no pokeballs i cryed myself to sleep
    Mewtwo

You know anger most of all your emotions. You hold grudges against people, and swear to take revenge on anyone who gets in your way. You have a heart of power, and you constantly use that power in a bad way.

So I said that I'd never MM'd a shiny at less than 1,000 eggs - this is no longer true.

Last night, while hatching a batch of 100 eggs (600-700) for my shiny Feebas, one showed up as purple!!

I was thrilled, and realized that I had saved a few eggs prior to hatching this one. So, nervously, I soft resetted the game and flew to the Dreamyard (because I'm super OCD about where it says I hatched shinies... grrr). From there, I rode back and forth and when the egg started to hatch again, I had this fleeting feeling it was going to be yellow, but alas, it was purple!

My shortest MM hunt to date - 667 eggs!!!

I'm thrilled with it for a couple reasons. First off, it's a girl - I LOVE the fact that Milotics' ears (?) are longer when they're female. Second, it's Bold in nature, which is what I was hoping for since I had my Japanese Ditto holding the Everstone with the Bold nature. Lastly, I knew the 31 IV in HP was going to carry over since my parent Feebas was holding the Power Weight, but I did NOT expect it to randomly get a 31 in Special Attack, and since I planned on using Milotic as a tank/special attacker, it's a perfect situation!! Funny thing is, neither my parent Ditto or Feebas had a 31 in Special Attack.

Picture of the Feebas and legality check/Pokecheck are below. Also, updated my sig!

Woot!

Last edited by YNCRN; 22nd August 2012 at 7:21 PM. Reason: PID removed
        Spoiler:- My shinies:

Congratulations! Shiny Feebas is pretty!
    I am still hoping to fin that Litwick when I am EV training in Celestial Tower..

Quote Originally Posted by YNCRN View Post
    So I said that I'd never MM'd a shiny at less than 1,000 eggs - this is no longer true.

Last night, while hatching a batch of 100 eggs (600-700) for my shiny Feebas, one showed up as purple!!

I was thrilled, and realized that I had saved a few eggs prior to hatching this one. So, nervously, I soft resetted the game and flew to the Dreamyard (because I'm super OCD about where it says I hatched shinies... grrr). From there, I rode back and forth and when the egg started to hatch again, I had this fleeting feeling it was going to be yellow, but alas, it was purple!

My shortest MM hunt to date - 667 eggs!!!

I'm thrilled with it for a couple reasons. First off, it's a girl - I LOVE the fact that Milotics' ears (?) are longer when they're female. Second, it's Bold in nature, which is what I was hoping for since I had my Japanese Ditto holding the Everstone with the Bold nature. Lastly, I knew the 31 IV in HP was going to carry over since my parent Feebas was holding the Power Weight, but I did NOT expect it to randomly get a 31 in Special Attack, and since I planned on using Milotic as a tank/special attacker, it's a perfect situation!! Funny thing is, neither my parent Ditto or Feebas had a 31 in Special Attack.

Picture of the Feebas and legality check/Pokecheck are below. Also, updated my sig!

Woot!

nice congrats on that shiny feebas that was one of my first hatched shiny eggs in black version a year ago...amazing low rate with the eggs too...it took me like 1000+ eggs to get it...also the nature is perfect too good job
    Last edited by FairyWitch; 22nd August 2012 at 5:34 PM.

If you like sailor moon click on the banner and join the club!
    IGN: Allie
    3ds wfc 1693-1320-3008
    PS Name: FairyWitch824
    master league and shadow star league fairy gym leader and SV is 1846
    My Guild~Guild Tours~Guild's Spread~Guild's Xat Chat~Yugioh Club~Deviant Art~Fire Type Club

Gl and congrats to all the recent shinies, my vulpix hunt is going very slowly, but im gonna speed up now. At 150 eggs hatched not expecting it to shine to at least 300.
    My Shiny Pokemon:

5th Gen:
    ;Emolga; ;Solosis;

6th Gen:
    Greninja ;Volcarona; (X2) Aegislash ;Lampent; Diggersby

Luvin' the t'wigs <3
    3DS fc: Paddy 2621-3316-5077 (Pm if you add me)

Quote Originally Posted by YNCRN View Post
        Spoiler:- massive quote:
    Perfect nature for a perfect shiny, with the better gender (imo)
    And then the 31 SP Attack IV's help a lot.
    Alas, it has 9 IV in Speed, though. :/

But it's still a shiny Feebas, and everyone knows that shiny Milotic is awesome.
    Might want to edit out the PID in that screenshot, else anyone can go and obtain an identical copy of your Feebas, which you might not want.
    Last edited by Pingouin7; 22nd August 2012 at 6:20 PM.

i just met a shiny durant <33 and got it !! <3

haha first shiny in a while.

W2: 5072-1789-3761 | W: 1807-9100-3523 | IGN: Draco | My Clan: The Hoenn Triangle

Spoiler:- THT:

Wow congrats YNCRN on such a short hunt I am still working on my Charmander hunt as we speak :/ Up to 1500 eggs as of yesterday. Keep up the great work everyone!
    Pokemon Y Friend Code : Jamie 3582 9560 5564
    Friend Safari: Fighting= Machoke, Throh, Riolu
    Check out my shiny album: http://s9.beta.photobucket.com/user/...mies%20Shinies
    Current Shiny Hunt-Misdreavus

My Shiny Pokemon (all caught or hatched by me)

Quote Originally Posted by Markasdarkas View Post
    Wow congrats YNCRN on such a short hunt I am still working on my Charmander hunt as we speak :/ Up to 1500 eggs as of yesterday. Keep up the great work everyone!
    don't give up on that charmander trust me it worth it that was the first mm i ever got in my life...shiny charmander it was like really short hunt too...i was so excited i was running around the house screaming when i got it LOL...it was like a week before going to my first anime convention too...it was to funny to look back though and think about it...gl everone on there hunts...i wish i had time to hunt like i use too :/

If you like sailor moon click on the banner and join the club!
    IGN: Allie
    3ds wfc 1693-1320-3008
    PS Name: FairyWitch824
    master league and shadow star league fairy gym leader and SV is 1846
    My Guild~Guild Tours~Guild's Spread~Guild's Xat Chat~Yugioh Club~Deviant Art~Fire Type Club

Hmmm I'm currently trying to do the masuda method for a shiny Skorupi. So far I've hatched about 200 eggs so I'm probably still far away from it.

It's my first time trying the masuda method, so I hope I'll get my shiny skorupi sooner or later ^^

I am indeed the one with the power of a god.
    The divine flames that I've absorbed
    will burn you to a crisp with nuclear energy and leave nothing behind!

Thinking of MM hunting for a Shiny Squirtle. The color variation of the Squirtle family is a little disappointing though. Just seems Blastoise is a lighter blue.

Page 22 of 65 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast