Page 25 of 65 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast

Thread: 5th Gen Shiny Discussion/FAQ Thread

Hey all, going to cross post this as the shiny thread 2.0 goes way too fast.

So, after some serious debating I've decided to put off shiny hatching until Black and White 2.

I'm currently hatching for a shiny Spiritomb, but am only 100 eggs in, and seriously thought about if it would be worth hatching one without an Adamant nature. Of the three Pokemon I've MM'd, only one has had a nature that wasn't what I wanted, but the idea that the nature CAN possibly not be the one I want is scaring me away from pushing forward with Spirotomb.

So... since BW2 guarantees the nature getting passed down, I think I'm just going to put all my MM's on hold and line up the Pokemon I want to hatch. I have my Japanese Ditto (Adamant) and my Spiritomb ready to go, and I'll line up other Pokemon I want to MM in the future, but hold off on actually hatching until BW2 is out.

That's just me being paranoid...

Good luck to all, and what are all of your thoughts on MMing when BW2 guarantees the nature you want getting passed down?
        Spoiler:- My shinies:

So I just hatched a shiny Charmander after only 63 eggs. The guy in Nimbasa rated it decent all around and its highest iv is Defense and it's 27. It's male gentle nature and highly persistent. Overall it may not have the best ivs but I'm super happy anyways. I already have a shiny Charizard I got through a trade many years ago but this one will mean so much more because it's mine. It's also my 5th shiny starter which I have gotten myself. Now I only need a shiny Squirtle and I will have all of the Kanto starters shiny. Going to wait till White 2 and Black 2 come out in order to train it though that way it will be easier to complete the pokedex(which I aim to do in my White 2).Photo 127.jpg
    Last edited by Shiny Lord; 29th August 2012 at 10:46 PM.
    Current Hunts

Omegaruby Badgequest
    1. Zigzagoon- November 24th, 2014
    2. Makhuita- December 7th, 2014
    3. Oddish- December 7th, 2014
    4. Wurmple- December 14th 2014
    5. Froakie- December 19 2014

Heart Gold Badge Quest
    1. Shiny Bellsprout
    2. Shiny Unkown A
    3. Shiny Nidoran Male
    4. Shiny Spinrak
    5. Shiny Spearow
    6. Shiny Psyduck
    7. Shiny Noctowl
    8. Shiny Diglett

White 2 Badge Quest- Completed on December 29th 2012!
    1. Shiny Tepig
    2.Shiny Growlithe-7595 RE
    3. Shiny Rattata-4,815 RE
    4.Shiny Yamask-16,772 RE
    5.Shiny Combee(Male)- 19,823 RE
    6. Shiny Zebstrika- 2,025 RE
    7. Shiny Zangoose- 2,582 RE
    8. Shiny Swablu- 12,264 RE

If I put a treecko with jolly nature and with an everstone, and a jaPanese ditto , if the everstone works does that mean the dittos not really Japanese?
    I LOVE MIENFOO AND LUCARIO AND GLALIE AND FLYGON AND SCEPTILE AND GALLADE AND SHINY HUNTING AND INFERNAPE

Quote Originally Posted by Mienfoomaster View Post
    If I put a treecko with jolly nature and with an everstone, and a jaPanese ditto , if the everstone works does that mean the dittos not really Japanese?
    no, the everstone trick works with different language pokemon in gen 5
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.3.4.
    SS BQ: 1.2.3.4.

But what I don't understand is that when I switch the everstone to the ditto, it doesn't work
    I LOVE MIENFOO AND LUCARIO AND GLALIE AND FLYGON AND SCEPTILE AND GALLADE AND SHINY HUNTING AND INFERNAPE

Quote Originally Posted by Mienfoomaster View Post
    But what I don't understand is that when I switch the everstone to the ditto, it doesn't work
    well, it should work. maybe you just had bad luck. sometimes I get a string of 10 or 15 in a row with the wrong natures, then 10 in a row of good natures

Decided to MM Hunt for Lunatone now that EternalSword7 helped me out with squirtle. Gonna try to get 200 eggs hatched today.
    FC: 3911-7240-4314

Ive decided Im gonna start MMing for a shiny Ralts sometime soon.
    My Pokemon White FC: 4728-4965-2910
    My Pokemon White 2 FC: 4513-8303-2953

got a shiny koffing after 105 eggs now im going to go for shiny ponyta
    HUNTS
    990 SRs

Alright, I think it's time for a batch of bulbasaurs. Hoping for a shiny female still

I'm still MM'ing for my shiny Gastly. I'm somewhere over 1000 eggs so far. Starting to get discouraged a bit, but I will keep going.

Quote Originally Posted by Thwipster View Post
    I'm still MM'ing for my shiny Gastly. I'm somewhere over 1000 eggs so far. Starting to get discouraged a bit, but I will keep going.
    See I would never want a shiny gastly because I don't trust anyone to temporarily trade with to get gengar lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamcast View Post
    See I would never want a shiny gastly because I don't trust anyone to temporarily trade with to get gengar lol.
    If they have two ds's then they can just trade with themselves , otherwise I would demand a shiny hostage in return.

I've paused my MM cyndaquil hunt and have been RE hunting in the double grass near dragonspiral tower. A couple of weeks ago I ran into a shiny sawsbuck, used false swipe, then sawsbuck proceeded to use take down . I didn't realize that it had that move. So now I have darkrai with hypnosis and its ability in my party to help me weaken the next shiny I come across.
    Credit to Mew_ for the pokemon banner, Equal-to-Heaven for the braviary clock, ~.:Northern Lights:.~ for the pokemon badge, and the shiny card made by me

Friend code: 0533-5377-8837
    I have normal type (minccino, dunsparce and smeargle)

Spoiler:- My shiny card:
    [IMG]http://i41.*******.com/2vs1amu.jpg[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i41.*******.com/2vhzyoj.jpg[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamcast View Post
    Good thing I only plan on giving it an everstone and trading it to my Black 2 game.

Quote Originally Posted by Thwipster View Post
    Good thing I only plan on giving it an everstone and trading it to my Black 2 game.
    You must be rich to own 2 DS's. I'm jelly.

Thanks alot dangertrout. I'm at 615 eggs for shiny treecko mm

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiitalian View Post
    Ive decided Im gonna start MMing for a shiny Ralts sometime soon.
    I really hope your ralts hunt goes shorter than mine lol.

Hey you guys i have a question. for RE's, Claydol or Litwick? i'm debating with those two. help?

^Shiny Litwick.

Quote Originally Posted by YNCRN View Post
    Good luck to all, and what are all of your thoughts on MMing when BW2 guarantees the nature you want getting passed down?
    It's alright.. I'm more interested with the item that can make egg steps becomes 0.
    Too bad I haven't finished my game to find out. I'm still stuck w/ my current hunt.
    X FC: Cutty 2449 6004 1037

Wee... Poison slide at my gym...

Pokegyms Fairy Leader

Credit to Astral Shadow for the userbar and Kida-Ookami for the badge.

Quote Originally Posted by Cutty Flam View Post
    ^Shiny Litwick.

It's alright.. I'm more interested with the item that can make egg steps becomes 0.
    Too bad I haven't finished my game to find out. I'm still stuck w/ my current hunt.
    Indeed - the incubator?

It'll be cool to see if that item makes it so ALL your eggs hatch instantly, or if it's per egg, meaning one incubator hatches one egg, and so on.

That being said... I'm going to hold off on my Spiritomb MM, but I may do a Tepig MM hunt as I love his final shiny form and I wouldn't be heart broken if he wasn't the correct nature.

I like Emboar, but I wouldn't put him in my permanent team like I will with Spiritomb.

I've got two RE's Golbat and raticate.

Trying to soft reset for a shiney volcrona, are the odds still the same as a re? I'm like 1kish soft resets in.. :x
    Also mming a woobat now too.
    Any tips or tricks other then what I'm already doing?

Sorry guys, noob question (can't see an answer anywhere) but while hatching eggs on Pokemon Black/White 2, when it hatches, will you then be able to tell if it's shiny? Or do you have to check the summary of each Pokemon to see?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by keonb View Post
    Sorry guys, noob question (can't see an answer anywhere) but while hatching eggs on Pokemon Black/White 2, when it hatches, will you then be able to tell if it's shiny? Or do you have to check the summary of each Pokemon to see?

Thanks
    it shows when its hatching
    HUNTS
    990 SRs

Hatched about 150 Lunatone last night. All red eyes sadly.

So I've decided to wait to hatch for a shiny Spiritomb, but I'm going to move forward in my attempt at a shiny Tepig!

I figured I wouldn't be heartbroken if a Tepig hatches and it's the wrong nature, but it'll give me something to do in BW until BW2 comes out.

I'll start breeding tonight for good IV's and then keep pushing until he/she hatches yellow!!

Good luck to all!

Page 25 of 65 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast