Page 26 of 65 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast

Thread: 5th Gen Shiny Discussion/FAQ Thread

Quote Originally Posted by YNCRN View Post
    So I've decided to wait to hatch for a shiny Spiritomb, but I'm going to move forward in my attempt at a shiny Tepig!

I figured I wouldn't be heartbroken if a Tepig hatches and it's the wrong nature, but it'll give me something to do in BW until BW2 comes out.

I'll start breeding tonight for good IV's and then keep pushing until he/she hatches yellow!!

Good luck to all!
    all of the eggs that i hatched shiny with everstone i got the right nature

Good Luck!!!
    754-i.jpg
    Last edited by pxm1; 30th August 2012 at 9:47 PM.
    HUNTS
    990 SRs

I have got a shinny Rufflet and a shiny Garbodor while hunting.
    Shiny Pokémon (47)

Shiny Event Pokémon (11)

My 2 recent shinies:

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1469-6412 (PM Me If You'd Like To Exchange 3DS Friend Codes!!)
    YouTube | Facebook | GooglePlus | Forums | Pokemon & Yu-Gi-Oh! Blog

WiFi Battles & Pokemon LPs: http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePokeeGamer

You have 2 different mews?
    AndI think Shiny Altaria is one of the better looking shinies.
    My Pokemon White FC: 4728-4965-2910
    My Pokemon White 2 FC: 4513-8303-2953

I'm currently playing White version, hatching via Masuda method for a shiny charmander. Only about 200 eggs in, but i'll get there. Seems like every time I get on the GTS I get matched with some guy who has all shiny legendaries, all caught in master balls. Obviously fake. This will be my first hatched shiny, although once when looking for a Milotic I ran into a shiny Basculin randomly! Here's hoping 200 is my lucky number!!

I know that this probably is wrong but does anyone know if there is a shiny check on the keldeo wifi event from gamestop just wanting to know if its worth SR'ing.
    My Own Personal Shiny Pokemon Caught
    Soft Reset-
    Pokeradar- ( ) ( )
    Random Encounter-

HUNTING FOR SHINY!

Since I'm back on the Serebii forums, I figure I'll re-start my time here by posting about my recent success!

On Monday I decided to begin Random Encounter hunting on my complete White file for a Vanillite.

I forgot to count the encounters, but after only 20 minutes of searching in Double Grass he happened to turn up.

Spoiler:- Image in here!:

Boy was I surprised! I like fast hunts.

I've yet to calculate the IVs but he's Lonely nature and Somewhat Vain. No matter the nature, this has been one of my targets for a long time and I'm happy he shone so quickly!
    3DS Friend Code: 1521-2824-9777
    Friend Safari: Flying Type

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiitalian View Post
    You have 2 different mews?
    AndI think Shiny Altaria is one of the better looking shinies.
    Yeah? I traded to get other natures for its Synchronize ability? lol.

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1469-6412 (PM Me If You'd Like To Exchange 3DS Friend Codes!!)
    YouTube | Facebook | GooglePlus | Forums | Pokemon & Yu-Gi-Oh! Blog

WiFi Battles & Pokemon LPs: http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePokeeGamer

Quote Originally Posted by Rainbowsaur View Post
    Since I'm back on the Serebii forums, I figure I'll re-start my time here by posting about my recent success!

On Monday I decided to begin Random Encounter hunting on my complete White file for a Vanillite.

I forgot to count the encounters, but after only 20 minutes of searching in Double Grass he happened to turn up.

Spoiler:- Image in here!:

Boy was I surprised! I like fast hunts.

I've yet to calculate the IVs but he's Lonely nature and Somewhat Vain. No matter the nature, this has been one of my targets for a long time and I'm happy he shone so quickly!
    Nice there's a good chance it has perfect Special attack IV's given the "Somewhat Vain"
    FC: 3911-7240-4314

5,800 encounters in route 15 and route 2. I hope it comes before the odds but not likely...

I decided to pause my Shiny ralts MM hunt for now. Sometimes you just need to take a break for it to shine. in the meantime i'm REing for a shiny litwick. currently at about 60 RE. gonna take a while.

OMG Proof I will get Shiny Lunatone tonight!

http://www.grindtv.com/outdoor/blog/...+laid+to+rest/
    FC: 3911-7240-4314

Shiny Altaria! Wow Congrats!
    Shiny Pokémon (47)

Shiny Event Pokémon (11)

So, I have been training in moor of iccirus various times for hp evs on stunfisk. I have thought several times "I am bound to RE a shiney" well today is that day. Blue stunfisk just now!
    Fc: 5300-9702-8663 (in game name mike)
    Ice: spheal, Beartic and cloyster.

MM success so far,

I've encountered a Shiny Patrat during my first run through the game, but sadly, I didn't have a Pokeball. Well anyway, I found a Shiny Deino after 2430 SRs. I just have to make sure I EV train it properly, though.
    Pokemon Y FC: 2251 - 5899 - 9250

Just now I was running around and I saw a patch of shaking grass. I thought to myself "I am going to kill this Audino!", so I run in. And low and behold it was a shiny Audino! I named her Peaches (don't ask).
    (template from Jerkfighter)

Quote Originally Posted by Missingno.Fan View Post
    Just now I was running around and I saw a patch of shaking grass. I thought to myself "I am going to kill this Audino!", so I run in. And low and behold it was a shiny Audino! I named her Peaches (don't ask).
    I've always thought it would be cool to have a shiny audino, they look so cool purple.
    Fc: 5300-9702-8663 (in game name mike)
    Ice: spheal, Beartic and cloyster.

MM success so far,

800 eggs for shiny Oshawott.
    I'm thinking of naming it PBJ Otter (Cookies if you know the reference) when I get it.
    Although, what to hunt next if I do succeeded in hatching a shiny...?

Quote Originally Posted by koosbane View Post
    I've always thought it would be cool to have a shiny audino, they look so cool purple.
    Wow it seems shiny Audino is liked by many people. When i captured mine (almost exactly one year ago) it seemed to be the opposite. It was as though shiny Audino was not valued as much as other shinies so if you got one it was bad luck. I have always liked the shiny Audino because i dislike the pink normal one but the purple one looks so much better and it was my first shiny of 5th gen games. And at the moment my only Random shiny on 5th gen games as my other ten on 5th gen are all by Masuda Method. Congratulations on your shiny audino, may it bring you luck with more shinies to follow.

Congratulations everyone else on all recent shinies. I am still MMing on white. I have decided to multihunt again and then switch to just Squirtle and back to make it different and not so boring. I am just about to finish the 2nd box of my 5 allocated MM boxes and still no shiny YET. I am hoping there is one lurking in the 3 boxes left or the 5 eggs in the party so fingers crossed. It has been almost 6 months since my last 5th gen shiny so it is time for one to show up and hopefully a kanto starter.
    Shinies are good.

Wild shiny Audino especially the random one maybe rare, but trust me it's actually quite 'common' in this thread for players meeting/getting random shiny Audino if u diligent enough to read. The old thread I mean.
    And I might get a chance to come across a shiny Audino in my current hunt.

X FC: Cutty 2449 6004 1037
    The Trinity League Poison Apprentice Master League Shadow Stars League Poison Leader
    PokeGyms Fairy Leader

Spoiler:- Credits:

Quote Originally Posted by thetifftiff
    Amount of real life time doesn't mean much when it comes to shiny hunting though.

So after no success of RE i decided to go with a hunt i been holding off till i got the dw ability. Well today i manage to collect 300 eggs in my white2, so as i was just watching tv after 220 eggs this lil guy shows up he is adamant which everstone worked and it sturdy but really wanted heavy metal but still happy i got em so quick.

Congrats on all recent shinies.
        Spoiler:- Shiny Trainer Card:

I like how shiny Aron has red eyes.
    I See Events of Long Ago, and Things Which Have Not Yet Come to Pass...

Feb 24, 2012: The day I beat the Elite Four, N and Ghetsis.

Final Pokemon Black Team:
    Simipour - Lv. 83.
    Serperior - Lv. 83.
    Zebstrika - Lv. 84.
    Unfezant - Lv. 85.
    Dragonite - Lv. 100.
    Mewtwo - Lv. 100.

Unova Dex: Seen 150/Caught 130.
    National Dex: Seen 600/Caught 551.

Quote Originally Posted by TomoEGoto View Post
    800 eggs for shiny Oshawott.
    I'm thinking of naming it PBJ Otter (Cookies if you know the reference) when I get it.
    Although, what to hunt next if I do succeeded in hatching a shiny...?
    Oh! I know the reference, but I can't remember the name of the show!

Anyways, I need to advance on my hunts. I plan to do a W2 BQ, but my SS BQ needs to be finished!
    Yveltal, the Destruction Pokémon: "When its life comes to an end, it absorbs the life energy of every living thing and turns into a cocoon once more."

Spoiler:- Current Hunts:

I See Events of Long Ago, and Things Which Have Not Yet Come to Pass...

Feb 24, 2012: The day I beat the Elite Four, N and Ghetsis.

Final Pokemon Black Team:
    Simipour - Lv. 83.
    Serperior - Lv. 83.
    Zebstrika - Lv. 84.
    Unfezant - Lv. 85.
    Dragonite - Lv. 100.
    Mewtwo - Lv. 100.

Unova Dex: Seen 150/Caught 130.
    National Dex: Seen 600/Caught 551.

So I said I wanted to Masuda Method a Pokemon until BW2 came out. I figured it could take me a month to hatch another shiny so I set off for Tepig because I love blue Emboar.

Well wouldn't you know it, in my shortest hunt to date, after only 170 eggs a little yellow Tepig decided to appear. Again, I saved before each batch of five eggs so I could move to the Dreamyard to hatch it (so it would say I met it there), and now I'm stuck - I'd love to move on to any of my future hunts, Volcarona, Zoroark and Spiritomb, but again I don't want the nature to be wrong.

Regardless, the nature of my shiny Tepig was exactly what I wanted (Adamant) and now he's a pretty, blue flamed fire pig.

Only 170 eggs! Crazy! By far my shortest hunt to date!

Pictures and Pokecheck below:

And of course, my sig has been updated!
        Spoiler:- My shinies:

Page 26 of 65 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast