Page 3 of 65 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread: 5th Gen Shiny Discussion/FAQ Thread

I'm SRing for a special target now, one I have been dying to get for a while now.
    I am hoping it goes under 100 SRS but since it's a legendary I doubt that, but it'll be a nice compliment to my Meganium and the greatest shiny before school starts.

Bummer the old thread is closing.

hello everyone nice idea for a new thread

well in other news no shiny yet as of my hunts i just got platinum today so tempted to SR giritina
    my hunts:
    pokemon soulsilver: 1600 encounters
    pokemon white: 1500 encounters
    pokemon platinum: havent started yet

well gl on the hunts
    Last edited by broken glass; 22nd July 2012 at 10:45 PM.
    I will keep you updated on the community REs
    [img]http://i55.*******.com/2py7tdc.png[/img]

August : chargestone cave 2 shiny

september :

Congrats on shiny shellders, incredible shiny right there for both shellder and cloyster.

Okay traded my shiny magnemite to Black, and what do you know, Magnet Pull ability!!! Wow this shiny is one of the best ones I've had in terms of nature, ability, and IVs all coming together. Also decided not to evolve it to Magnezone since Magneton looks nicer IMO and is still very usable with Eviolite. So I will comence EV training and then beat up Roxie, and hunt whatever I may decide to hunt.

Also good luck to everyone, especially Aqua since that hunt has really gone over the odds, and I feel your pain with my first Johto starter hunt.

Pokemon Soulsilver Badge Quest

Complete!

3DS Friend Code: 5370-0649-6456

Ohh..... A shiny new shiny thread (excuse the pun, really i could not resist it), i have news, no treecko but my second shiny ever just shone a modest roselia, will post in 4th gen about it. Because of life taking over im only a box r two further into the treecko hunt (#shine) and congrats on all of the shinys, and andhajs shellder duo, are you just evolving one? And charizard master's magnemite finally shone and i hope the new thread brings new shinies especially to aquaregisteel, because i think your game is bullying you...
    *turtwig away*
    My Shiny Pokemon:

5th Gen:
    ;Emolga; ;Solosis;

6th Gen:
    Greninja ;Volcarona; (X2) Aegislash ;Lampent; Diggersby

Luvin' the t'wigs <3
    3DS fc: Paddy 2621-3316-5077 (Pm if you add me)

Whooohooo just got a shiny! Its not my mystery hunt for bq and it's not shiny kyurem, it's something that I just started today...here it is:
    http://m.youtube.com/?reload=3&rdm=m...?v=nAeb5YyV0p0
    Please comment,sub and like please!
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Quote Originally Posted by Charizardmaster#1 View Post
    Magnemite - #081 (Modest)

HP: 31
    Att: 31
    Def: 29
    SpA: 18-19
    SpD: 6 - 13
    Speed: 10 - 17

Modest nature, pretty awesome IVs.
    offensive stat wise, that's NOT a pretty awesome set of IVs
    31 Attack and 18-19 SAtk on a Modest Nature......

Still, congrats on getting a Modest Shiny Magnemite

And congrats to everyone else who got a new shiny

I'm still on 255 eggs for Squirtle, really hoping one would shine before 500 eggs.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Dangertrout View Post
    I'm thinking I need a break from MMing, might try REing something. I guess running away from battles and having an Illuminate pokemon in the lead would help speed things up... any other tricks?
    There is White Flute. But Illuminate pokemon is enough. You don't really need it in double grass. Just try it, REing is fun
    I notice most of hunters here like to leave their DS on while REing. I always restart after 100 encounters. It doesn't affect the chance, I just like to 'save time' and feel more lucky this way.

I hope I can do more encounters today for my RE hunts and I hope Vullaby will shine in JPN BLCK, it's at 6,600 REs.

Congrats on new shinies caught.
    EDIT: Congrats on The Zubat below me. Crobat is my fave pokemon (though I dislike the shiny). It's still awesome.
    Last edited by Cutty; 23rd July 2012 at 5:07 AM.
    X FC: Cutty 2449 6004 1037
    The Trinity League Poison Apprentice Master League Shadow Stars League Poison Leader
    PokeGyms Fairy Leader

Spoiler:- Credits:

Quote Originally Posted by thetifftiff
    Amount of real life time doesn't mean much when it comes to shiny hunting though.

This just in, I have my first captured/hatched shiny ever! I was MM'ing a few minutes ago, and a shiny Zubat hatched from egg number 301. I am incredibly happy. I jumped out of my chair ^_^

It is a hasty nature, so the jolly everstone didn't work, but hasty nature boosts speed so it doesn't even matter

I bred it with a 31 Speed IV so I'm glad about that. I was watching tv, specifically an old animated reality show called "Drawn Together"- and I hadn't looked down at my DS for about 3 minutes. I knew an egg had hatched. I looked down and I got a nice surprise. I was quite tired and slowly falling out of focus, I almost went to bed but decided to hatch another 5 eggs, and I am glad I did (even though the same egg would have hatched shiny tomorrow, its nice to go to bed content)

Anyway I have been having trouble uploading pics, but here is a shabby attempt at a low quality pic, so might be some problems. shinyzubat.jpg

It is a Hasty Male Zubat named Jellybean. Egg received, 7/22/2012, Route 3, Alert to sounds.

Finally my first successful MM I have decided to go for either feebas/emolga/castform/trapinch next. I was originally just going to do emolga and castform, but I might do a 4 pokemon multi hunt.

EDIT: I just realized that on my English White, I have not yet seen a Crobat. This means that my pokedex will display a shiny Crobat as the default ^_^ I do intend to fully evolve my Zubat and keep it as a permanent post-game team member for BW/BW2/Beyond.
    Last edited by Floette; 23rd July 2012 at 5:04 AM.

Kalos Team: Delphox, Florges, Aegislash, Heliolisk, Hawlucha, Avalugg
    Latest Shiny: Helioptile

Fire Safari: Ponyta, Pyroar, Braixen - 1478-3803-9332
    I have claimed #671, Florges

*credit to Equal-To-Heaven for the clock

Quote Originally Posted by Cutty Flam View Post
    There is White Flute.
    White Flute and all the other colored Flutes have no effect in B/W (most likely they have no effect in B/W 2 too)
    Annoying since now there's no cure for Attract/Cute Charm.

Probably their effects will return in the R/S/E remake, which is supposed to be also on Gen 5.....R/S were the games that introduced the colored Flutes, after all.
    The returning effects could be used to promote the remakes.

EDIT : congrats on the Zubat
    Hasty is a quite good Nature, since you can make it into a Mixed Crobat.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Today, I hatched another 120 eggs in my 4 pokemon multi hunt for Minccino, Sewaddle, Pidove, and Lillipup. Bringing me to 600 eggs hatched. I also hatched some eggs for my Mawile hunt in SS, but got nothing out of it.

I decided to put the Bulbasaur SR hunt on hold at 14,100 SR's and my Mawile hunt at 480 eggs, to SR for Groudon in SS. Currently at 115 SR's, which is going by very quickly since I am using a rubber band for the first time.
    The Graceful Assassin

Credit to FairyWitch

So I've been lurking this thread for sometime while hunting for shinies of my own. Normally not a habitual Shiny hunter, I only hunt when I feel like it or when my friend makes a competition of it -like now-. The current competition is to see who finds 10 shinies first, all methods except chaining are allowed and I thought I would share my results to make this less dull.

currently
    My friend:4/10
    Me:2/10

My First shiny was obtained via MMing a couple months ago. At first I was just hatching Tynamo eggs while browsing internet (not paying attention) one of my Tynamos was slightly blue...er than the rest.I didn't realize it at first and it took 3 days for me to notice that I got a shiny Tynamo. I only realized by looking at my pokedex (thank goodness for that new feature) I would have released it without noticing. Its Adamant so its not too bad

My second shiny I just got today while reading this thread. I also MMed it and it took 3871 eggs to finally get my shiny Kabuto ( 4 grueling weeks)! I had to do a double take just to make sure the fatigue wasn't getting to me but it is most definitely real! Its bold but I stopped caring once the hunt exceeded 3000 eggs. This is my longest MM hunt and I feel incredibly accomplished I would like to believe that I am the first one on this forum to have a shiny Kabuto but I know I'm not.......A man can dream can't he ;_;
    its Iv's are as followed

HP:28
    ATK:0-28
    DEF:0-19
    SPATK:1-27
    SPDEF:0-8
    SPD:1-27
        Spoiler:- Current Results:
    Last edited by mario_fan; 23rd July 2012 at 5:25 AM.
    Feed him

[IMG]http://i40.*******.com/2nk6wes.gif[/IMG]
        Spoiler:- Credits:

Man, all these new shinies are getting me really excited though I'll admit all the low numbers are also making me really jealous! Congrats to everyone (there's a lot so won't list them all) but especially the Shellders - two in under 350 eggs? Amazing!

Also regarding the putting hunts on hold, if I did end up doing that I would probably still count them as I too wouldn't want my effort to not be counted but I do try not to let that happen. Like at the moment, I reaaaally want to train up some of my other shinies or evolve some stuff for my Pokedex or even try REing but I'm not letting myself because I'm trying to make sure my Ponyta numbers are correct. It's really, really annoying but kind of good at spurring me on - even if I lose interest I tell myself I can't do anything else until the hunt is over and then I can force myself to hatch more eggs.

Click for full shiny card!
    HG BQ:

Current Shiny Hunts:
    HG - Route 39 - 1100 REs ##### W - SRing for a starter - 300 SRs ##### X - Route 10 - 161 REs

I'm at 12,834 Starters Seen and ~4,240 SRs. I haven't gone over the odds in SR terms, but I hope I get my shiny soon.
    I don't know what I should do next after my hunt. I would like to go for a badge quest, but the nostalgia of the game wants me to play through it regardless...

Anyways, I have two new targets for the future, in the form of:

SRing for both once I buy HeartGold...
    Yveltal, the Destruction Pokémon: "When its life comes to an end, it absorbs the life energy of every living thing and turns into a cocoon once more."

Spoiler:- Current Hunts:

Just doing an update of my Giant Chasm hunt. Made it up to 10,779 total encounters last night. Still no shiny. I swear the next Clefairy I see will be kicked back to wherever the #@$% it came from! They are starting to mock me, I know it! Anyways, I hope I have some luck come by me soon!
    Y BQ COMPLETE!!: 1. Fennekin (Oct 21) 2. (Nov 3) 3. (Nov 17) 4. (Nov 17) 5. (Nov 17) 6. (Dec 10) 7. Klefki (Dec 13) 8. Trevenant (Dec 18)

Current Hunt: Nothing right now

Friend Codes for Safari:
    X: 2165-6202-2279 (Type: Water with Panpour, Frogadier, and Wartortle)
    Y: 5370-0975-3532 (Type: Flying with Woobat, Pidgey, and Rufflet)

I have boxed up 210 Tauros eggs (that's the maximum I can do with the space I have), so I hope it shines soon! If I only had half the luck Andyhaj had with Shelder...
    Current Hunts

2,470 SRs/4,940 birds seen - PAUSED

SS BQ Hunt #FINALE - Lugia

8,800 SRs

Since I grabbed a Nosepass on one of my rare visits to the Icy Cave in the Dream World, I liked its ability (Sand Force) and decided to breed for a shiny with good IVs. I was aiming for Sassy Nature and Sand Force. It took a while, but I just got a shiny. I missed the pivotal moment because I was browsing forums and using the Dream World. -_- ... it's Jolly and has Magnet Pull. ^_^; I'll probably keep going, though I want to take a break badly.

Will add the egg count once the TV in Black/White cycles around to personal stats. I really hate waiting for the TV.

edit: 331 eggs, though it felt like much more.
    Last edited by JohnNiles; 23rd July 2012 at 3:03 PM.

13,000 Starters Seen now. Jeez, I will hit 15,000 Starters seen and 5,000 SRs at this rate!
    Yveltal, the Destruction Pokémon: "When its life comes to an end, it absorbs the life energy of every living thing and turns into a cocoon once more."

After a week off from RE'ing I'm gonna pick up my hunt again. At 10k so hopefully it'll be kind and show itself soon. Just wanna carry on playing the game!

Yes dan! Get that Rattata on your Heart Gold nao! =P

Good luck, in all fairness.

Holy crap, almost given a scare! Thought I'd skipped over a shiny Chikorita...

Haha be careful! Would be nothing worse than losing a shiny you've worked so hard for! My fingers and crossed you finally get your starter soon.

Right, it didn't, gave myself a midget shock haha.

Tempted to stop now and go back to my Pinwheel Forest RE Hunt...or I could go for Virizion...

Well, nothing in the first 4 boxes... I can sense where this is heading... Will hatch the rest later.
    Current Hunts

2,470 SRs/4,940 birds seen - PAUSED

SS BQ Hunt #FINALE - Lugia

8,800 SRs

660 eggs for treecko now, back to boxing up eggs, really hope it shines this week, preferably before 1000 eggs. Good luck and congrats to everyone chasing the elusive critters. @Aquaregisteel Dont give up on your starter hunt, ive been watching your hunt from the start and to quit would just be stupid it will shine, just dont think that you've missed it, any way which starter would you prefer? and dan i hope ratata shines for you, you should be due a short hunt after slugma. Also every time i think of quitting a mm i think of your slugma hunt.
    My Shiny Pokemon:

5th Gen:
    ;Emolga; ;Solosis;

6th Gen:
    Greninja ;Volcarona; (X2) Aegislash ;Lampent; Diggersby

Luvin' the t'wigs <3
    3DS fc: Paddy 2621-3316-5077 (Pm if you add me)

Wow guys! Congrats on all the new shinies!!!

There's nothing that motivates me more to finish my MM hunt than seeing a bunch of other, successful hunts!

I'm up to 700 eggs hatched, moving forward to 800 now in my mystery hunt. let's hope we see something soon! So many shinies - congrats to ALL!
        Spoiler:- My shinies:

I hatched the rest of the Shellder eggs, but none of them were shiny. I can't complain, I guess

Here are the pictures I promised:
        Spoiler:- Shellder pics:

I'm thinking of keeping the Relaxed Shellder as it is, and train and evolve the Naughty Shellder. Then I'll have one of each

Now I'm starting off with a new hunt, shiny Carvanha. Knowing my luck, I won't get it in a month or two...
    Last edited by andyhaj; 23rd July 2012 at 6:25 PM.

Page 3 of 65 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast