Page 31 of 65 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast

Thread: 5th Gen Shiny Discussion/FAQ Thread

So I thought I would try successfully MM'ing my shiny Tepig in time for B/W 2. I was at 1000 eggs even when I started today, and was going to go up to 1150 today, and then do 150 every couple days until the 7th.

However, on egg 1105, the poke gods finally decided to end my long pursuit. When I saw that yellow Tepig, it gave me a feeling that I haven't felt since finding my first wild shiny. This was my first real MM attempt. I'm going to MM something else, but I doubt it'll feel the same.

It's a male with an adamant nature. It's IV's are 31/30/16/31/31/00.

Happy camper right now lol.
    A few things about myself:

Spoiler:- About:

Been awhile since I last posted here, currently saved in front of Cobalion, trying for good nature at the moment, but will take a shiny if I get it, only shiny I have in Black is Swadloon, trying to get a Leavanny but damn thing won't evolve.
    Shiny Pokemon collection http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...9820979&type=3

Shiny Dex Completion - 0/649

National Dex Completion - 375/649

Now that I have a foreign Ditto I've started on my first MM try. I want a shiny Oshawott for Black 2.

breathe it in, i'm gonna shine. it's my moment, i'm going to fly.

http://postimage.org/image/4m82eibc5/
    this is a better picture if the zubat I caught on XD a few days ago

Edit : I'm gonna take photos of it once I start transferring him between games
    Last edited by SmeargleRocks; 23rd September 2012 at 5:22 AM.

3DS XL FC for Pokemon Y 2595-0724-5772 IGN SmeargleRocks
    Shiny Number 1268

I can offer gen6 cloning services, I will only clone what I don't have as glitch cloning can take awhile and be stressful

Self caught shinies on Y 24
    first successfull (and accidental) MM Shelmet timid 31/1/19/31/31/31 4:25 pm EST 4/14/14
    Shiny XD Gale of Darkness Zubat caught September 17th 2012 @ 4:24 pm EST cave PokeSpot

FUC* ALL HACKERS!!!
    ALL Gen6 6IV Event pokemon are hacked

Terrakion isn't giving me the nature I want at the moment, so I'll give that a rest and start going after shiny Mew.

Quote Originally Posted by AzulTheCerulean20 View Post
    Terrakion isn't giving me the nature I want at the moment, so I'll give that a rest and start going after shiny Mew.
    Shiny Mew?? arf? how does one obtain such a sexy creature? I mean...I know the hows, SR most likely, but another Mew is available?
    [[SHINIES]]
    chained:
    Random Encounter:
    Masuda: 1004 eggs 452 eggs 1380 eggs 371 eggs 21 eggs (with skill link and aqua tail and a naive nature=]) 418 eggs Froakie 15 eggs 119 eggs
    traded:
    Soft Reset:

Quote Originally Posted by Martinzqx View Post
    Shiny Mew?? arf? how does one obtain such a sexy creature? I mean...I know the hows, SR most likely, but another Mew is available?
    Old Sea Map on Emerald, may not be a 100% legit Shiny, since Old Sea Map is impossible to get in non-japanese games, but method of catching and the Mew itself will be legit and un-touched by cheat devices.

Currently at ~200 resets.

Old Sea Map on Emerald, may not be a 100% legit Shiny, since Old Sea Map is impossible to get in non-japanese games, but method of catching and the Mew itself will be legit and un-touched by cheat devices.

I hope you have an early shiny frame, otherwise you're kind of wasting your time.

Quote Originally Posted by Pingouin7 View Post
    I hope you have an early shiny frame, otherwise you're kind of wasting your time.
    Actually, it is even harder than that I'm afraid. Emerald seeds the game with the same seed each time, every time. What this means is, if you are just SRing for a shiny Mew, you are wasting your time and you will never get it. Since the game starts at the same point, you would need to wait different amounts of time, each time, to get a different result. If you do not have a shiny frame that is within the time you take to SR, you will never get a shiny Mew. If you are truly serious about this though, all you have to do is wait different amounts of time before you encounter Mew and the game will give you different results. Good Luck though. As Pingouin pointed out, your first shiny frame could be days into the game.
    My FC is: 1118-1633-7306
    Friend Safari: Poison - Cascoon, Venomoth, and Muk.

Quote Originally Posted by Hozu
    People can be whatever they want on the internet. I wonder why so many of them choose to be stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by dewey911p View Post
    Actually, it is even harder than that I'm afraid. Emerald seeds the game with the same seed each time, every time. What this means is, if you are just SRing for a shiny Mew, you are wasting your time and you will never get it. Since the game starts at the same point, you would need to wait different amounts of time, each time, to get a different result. If you do not have a shiny frame that is within the time you take to SR, you will never get a shiny Mew. If you are truly serious about this though, all you have to do is wait different amounts of time before you encounter Mew and the game will give you different results. Good Luck though. As Pingouin pointed out, your first shiny frame could be days into the game.
    This is interestingly, new information, I was unaware of this, I just assumed it would be like any other shiny and could just SR continuously till I got a result, thanks for sharing, I'll give up on it for now, might as well go back to Black and finish the game so I can trade a Ditto over and start breeding.

This is interestingly, new information, I was unaware of this, I just assumed it would be like any other shiny and could just SR continuously till I got a result, thanks for sharing, I'll give up on it for now, might as well go back to Black and finish the game so I can trade a Ditto over and start breeding.
    Don't give up on it so fast, and this thread has been real slow and quiet these past few days

Shiny Number 1268

I can offer gen6 cloning services, I will only clone what I don't have as glitch cloning can take awhile and be stressful

first successfull (and accidental) MM Shelmet timid 31/1/19/31/31/31 4:25 pm EST 4/14/14
    Shiny XD Gale of Darkness Zubat caught September 17th 2012 @ 4:24 pm EST cave PokeSpot

FUC* ALL HACKERS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SmeargleRocks View Post
    Don't give up on it so fast, and this thread has been real slow and quiet these past few days
    I wanna hurry up and finish black anyway before Black and White 2 come out, soft resetting for Reshiram Nature atm.

510 eggs so far. Trivia: apparently it becomes statistically favorable (aka, over 50%) that the entire set of eggs has one shiny at 947 eggs or more.

I'm going for Taillow if/when this ends.
    Shiny Hunt Status
    Darumaka (W, random) - found!
    Tranquill (W, random) - found!
    Maractus (W, Masuda) - 660 eggs hatched
    Oshawott (W, Masuda) - not started

Quote Originally Posted by Rinne View Post
    510 eggs so far. Trivia: apparently it becomes statistically favorable (aka, over 50%) that the entire set of eggs has one shiny at 947 eggs or more.

I'm going for Taillow if/when this ends.
    Keep going you are probably close to getting that shiny tailow : D

Shiny Number 1268

FUC* ALL HACKERS!!!

EV training my Emboar on Villager Bridge, hoping to run into a Shiny Seviper or Zangoose.

I got my first shiny of Gen V (I've previously gotten two random encounters in Gen IV being a snesel and machoke) and I couldn't be happier about it. I'd like to say my shiny was also random but it technically wasn't. I was breeding a male litwick with a ditto to try and get a modest or timid one with flame body for Black 2 recently. I don't know how many eggs I hatched but I'd say less than 75, but when I turned away while one egg was hatching I didn't get to fully witness the hatching of my happiness. I saw this:

If I didn't have a sore throat that day I probably would have shouted in joy. At the moment I didn't really think about how the litwick was being bred. I thought there was a 1 in 8192 chance for me to get a shiny pokemon. I later found out I was using my Japanese ditto and the idea that Lumiere's shininess was completely random shattered. Yeah I unintentionally used the Masuda Method. I'm just glad that I didn't have to hatch a ton before getting one. I'm now going to use it for my Black 2 team which is a challenge team with friends where we all use the same Pokemon. I almost decided not to breed litwick and just catch one, I'm glad I didn't now.

Thinking about Alpha Sapphire:

Trainers from Bulbapedia (Kris from Spriters Resource),
    Gen I-IV Pokemon from The Spriters Resource, Gen 5 Pokemon from
    cSandoval on DeviantArt, Serena from tebited15 on Deviant Art,
    Gen III Pokemon from Bulbapedia

Congrats BunniBear4, IMO Litwick and it's evolutions are some of the more cooler-looking Gen V shinies, did it have the nature you wanted?

Still no luck with Seviper or Zangoose.

Congrats BunniBear4, IMO Litwick and it's evolutions are some of the more cooler-looking Gen V shinies, did it have the nature you wanted?

Still no luck with Seviper or Zangoose.
    No, it was docile. It has the ability I wanted so it was okay. I also agree, if I didn't get it by accident I could see myself trying to get a shiny litwick eventually. Other shinies from Gen V I could see myself trying to get are Emboar, Levanny, Golurk, and Haxorus (it being so easy to get in Black 2 will save so much time). I personally think the worst Gen V shiny is Krookodile because of the eyes.

Also good luck on your Serviper/Zangoose hunt! They're two of my favorite Gen III shinnies.

Thinking about Alpha Sapphire:

Trainers from Bulbapedia (Kris from Spriters Resource),
    Gen I-IV Pokemon from The Spriters Resource, Gen 5 Pokemon from
    cSandoval on DeviantArt, Serena from tebited15 on Deviant Art,
    Gen III Pokemon from Bulbapedia

Thanks, Emboar looks awesome IMO, and I already have a shiny Leavanny.

I was trying to breed a shiny Rufflet when I accidentally placed my starter Samurott in the Day Care instead of Braviary... I hadn't realized it until the first (and only) egg hatched in a shiny Oshawott This was my first time ever being so lucky to get a shiny by myself. I also got a shiny Rufflet a few days later, with about 60 eggs hatched..
    I just recently I found my first shiny Pokemon in the wild: a Trubbish!

Someone rub your shiny luck onto me. I did 500 more resets for Kyurem but nothing yet. I know I've got a while to go but I don't want to be like the guy who did 70 000+ resets. the sprites shiny so why cant it be? lol

Soon I'll have you, after years and years XD

Quote Originally Posted by Gurfydipper View Post
    I was trying to breed a shiny Rufflet when I accidentally placed my starter Samurott in the Day Care instead of Braviary... I hadn't realized it until the first (and only) egg hatched in a shiny Oshawott This was my first time ever being so lucky to get a shiny by myself. I also got a shiny Rufflet a few days later, with about 60 eggs hatched..
    I just recently I found my first shiny Pokemon in the wild: a Trubbish!
    Congrats on all the shinies I've had a 1.5 week shiny drought now and that's nice about the oshawatt in only 1 egg to holy crap

Quote Originally Posted by HRRlion View Post
    Someone rub your shiny luck onto me. I did 500 more resets for Kyurem but nothing yet. I know I've got a while to go but I don't want to be like the guy who did 70 000+ resets. the sprites shiny so why cant it be? lol
    I wish you luck on that shiny kyurem, are you using a synchronizer or just SR'ing? Either way I wish you luck ok your SR hunt

Hey guys I finally migrated my shiny XD zubat can anyone tell me should I replace hidden power fighting for ominous wind or twister here is zubat now
    http://postimage.org/image/bcepr0ow1/a32b78f2/
    Last edited by Sweet May; 5th October 2012 at 6:28 PM.

Shiny Number 1268

FUC* ALL HACKERS!!!

Definately replace it with Ominous Wind, It will give it abit of defense against pyschic types.

Forgot to post video of shiny Magnemite from long time ago so here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/v/K5GmCVdG5Mk

Pokemon Soulsilver Badge Quest

Complete!

3DS Friend Code: 5370-0649-6456

Quote Originally Posted by Shuleek View Post
    @NitroLightningFlash - You're welcome and thanks The nature thing is a shame and I don't like it either when Pokemon has a - nature in something he's supposed to be good at, but ingame? It doesn't really matter

Also, my Snivy hunt is advancing slowly - 356 eggs hatched so far.
    Ahh i see, well don't give up! You'll get him in the end and then all the time will be worth it ^^
    I've hatched 859 Venipede eggs so far still attempting to get an adamant nature...so far no other shiny, so i decided to do a MM for Cyndaquil and Sigilyph (my original target) alongside it so it doesn't get too boring ^^
    I'll try to hatch four boxes of each one, alternating between them and one will come sooner or later

Congratulations to all people who've got new shinies as of late!! ^^
    Last edited by NitroLightningFlash; 30th September 2012 at 1:59 PM.
    I love fire and electric types, hence my username!

Current soft reset targets: None

Current chaining targets (Platinum): and

Current random encounter targets (soulsilver badge quest-Route 32): over 300 encounters so far

Current Masuda Method hunt/s: (150 eggs so far)

Most recent shiny (White-MM): (16th April 2013) after 65 Venipede eggs and 185 eggs in total

Page 31 of 65 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast