Page 39 of 65 FirstFirst ... 2935363738394041424349 ... LastLast

Thread: 5th Gen Shiny Discussion/FAQ Thread

JUst started playing my Black 2 cart, went to Desert Resort and then bam, a Shiny Trubbish. Gotta say I love the way Garbodor shines when its evolved.

Quote Originally Posted by Thewindlord View Post
    My first shiny was a Snover I found it Platinum. I traded it (It was an Abomasnow now) for a shiny Porygon-z that turned out to be hacked -_______-
    I've always wondered why the porygon line are the most hacked shinies, I mean, It's not like it's the most valuable or cooler shiniy form out there.
        Spoiler:- Pokemon Nicknames:

Shiny Dex Completion
    Kanto - 1/151 (Latest - Tentacruel)
    Johto - 0/100
    Hoenn - 1/135 (Latest - Dustox)
    Sinnoh - 1/107 (Latest - Garchomp)
    Unova - 1/156 (Latest - Haxorus)
    Kalos - 0/70

its cause you cant catch him in the wild. you either have to SR for it and since u cant breed it ur screwed

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Litwick View Post
    its cause you cant catch him in the wild. you either have to SR for it and since u cant breed it ur screwed
    You can breed it, I bred one just yesterday.

Shiny Dex Completion
    Johto - 0/100
    Kalos - 0/70

You can chain for shiny Porygon in D/P and can find wild Porygon in White Forest.

Can you use the Shiny Charm + Masuda Method? Also, what is the increase in appearence with the Shiny Charm. I know these questions have probably been asked a lot so I'm sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Pilpulp View Post
    Can you use the Shiny Charm + Masuda Method? Also, what is the increase in appearence with the Shiny Charm. I know these questions have probably been asked a lot so I'm sorry.
    The shiny charm with Masuda Method is 1/1024 I believe, not sure about the shiny charm by itself, it's around 1900-2100 for sure though.

Shiny Dex Completion
    Johto - 0/100
    Kalos - 0/70

1 in 2,370.6 is with the shiny charm normally, so 300% increase from normal odds.
    Last edited by Terra Force; 28th October 2012 at 11:49 PM.

Pokemon Soulsilver Badge Quest

Complete!

3DS Friend Code: 5370-0649-6456

Quote Originally Posted by AzulTheCerulean20 View Post
    Congrats, turns out I may only need 1 playthrough of HeartGold to finish the national Pokedex since Latias and Mewtwo + the 3 legendary Dog/Cats can be found in-game.

PS: I hate encountering N's pokemon in the wild.
    I found all of his pokemon pre post game, so I was all set and ready when I found it, also from experience ALWAYS have a pokemon with spore and false swipe like parasect and or smeargle, my parasect is my trustworthy partner on platinum now

3DS XL FC for Pokemon Y 2595-0724-5772 IGN SmeargleRocks
    Shiny Number 1268

I can offer gen6 cloning services, I will only clone what I don't have as glitch cloning can take awhile and be stressful

Self caught shinies on Y 24
    first successfull (and accidental) MM Shelmet timid 31/1/19/31/31/31 4:25 pm EST 4/14/14
    Shiny XD Gale of Darkness Zubat caught September 17th 2012 @ 4:24 pm EST cave PokeSpot

FUC* ALL HACKERS!!!
    ALL Gen6 6IV Event pokemon are hacked

how do you breed a pokemon who doesnt have a sex?

how do you breed a pokemon who doesnt have a sex?
    By using a ditto. I'm pretty sure legendary pokemon are the only unbreedable ones.

Complete!

Hate to ask and be a little out of the loop, as I want to know before I either waste allot of time doing nothing, or waste allot of time getting a shiny ( XD )
    Can the eevee you get in B/W2 from the girl in Castellia( think its here! ) city be a shiny? The level 10 one... Or I am stuck trying to get a shiny the masuda way.. :3 Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Charizardmaster#1 View Post
    By using a ditto. I'm pretty sure legendary pokemon are the only unbreedable ones.
    Yes, Legendaries and Baby Pokemon are the only ones that can't breed, And Nidoking + Nidoqueen for some unknown reason.

Shiny Dex Completion
    Johto - 0/100
    Kalos - 0/70

Quote Originally Posted by Balthamos View Post
    Hate to ask and be a little out of the loop, as I want to know before I either waste allot of time doing nothing, or waste allot of time getting a shiny ( XD )
    Can the eevee you get in B/W2 from the girl in Castellia( think its here! ) city be a shiny? The level 10 one... Or I am stuck trying to get a shiny the masuda way.. :3 Thanks!
    Yes I believe the eevee from her can indeed be shiny.

Complete!

Hey everyone, dont know why im not posting here as much any more, but i'll post my progress regularly. Last weekend i started a masuda method hunt for shroomish on black and i'm currently at 480 eggs for that. Gl and congrats to all the shinies recently.
    My Shiny Pokemon:

5th Gen:
    ;Emolga; ;Solosis;

6th Gen:
    Greninja ;Volcarona; (X2) Aegislash ;Lampent; Diggersby

Luvin' the t'wigs <3
    3DS fc: Paddy 2621-3316-5077 (Pm if you add me)

Quote Originally Posted by Charizardmaster#1 View Post
    Yes I believe the eevee from her can indeed be shiny.

Yeah, I was wondering as the nature is pre-set. I know a fair lot of the new pokemon cannot be shiny when obtained in some method, awesome!
    Need to start soft resetting.. And find out more about this nursery hatching techinque thing.. hmn! Fun times.

I did Masuda method my mienfoo, 2 boxes of eggs, around 58 eggs. I didnt' expect him.

I just found out today that this week I have thursday, friday and saturday off school! Only two more days and I'm done for the week with school, wich is awesome.
    Wich also means, I'm gonna SR like crazy. If not always double, I'll be at least single-SRing almost all the time ('cause double SRing makes my hands hurt after a few hours ^^").

Who knows it's not gonna be like my Dratini, who appared on the first day of what I'd planned to be a solid week of crazy SRing XD

Spoiler:- Credits:

I've hatched at least 200 more eggs while on my Shiny Pichu hunt. Things have been very slow since I'm not playing the old Generation 5 games that much these days, but I've had just enough time to hatch some eggs in between playing White 2. I may have to put this hunt on hiatus soon, though. If that happens, I'll just pick it up as soon as the BW2 hype is over. Anyway, I've also spotted a lot of Shinies on the GTS recently; I've tried to trade for some of them but they seem to disappear as soon as I find them. It sucks.

Hey, do you guys think the Shiny Charm is OP? I'll definitely be using it. The only thing that nerfs it is how you obtain it, but it shouldn't be too hard for me, especially with the trade forums.

As for the shinies on GTS, I wouldn't trust 'em.

Hey, do you guys think the Shiny Charm is OP? I'll definitely be using it. The only thing that nerfs it is how you obtain it, but it shouldn't be too hard for me, especially with the trade forums.

I got my shiny charm 5 hours ago, still nothing new also here is a picture of the piloswine I found in giant chasm 2 days ago but couldn't post til now

Gentle nature, oblivious, I will check IV's later

3DS XL FC for Pokemon Y 2595-0724-5772 IGN SmeargleRocks
    Shiny Number 1268

I can offer gen6 cloning services, I will only clone what I don't have as glitch cloning can take awhile and be stressful

Self caught shinies on Y 24
    first successfull (and accidental) MM Shelmet timid 31/1/19/31/31/31 4:25 pm EST 4/14/14
    Shiny XD Gale of Darkness Zubat caught September 17th 2012 @ 4:24 pm EST cave PokeSpot

FUC* ALL HACKERS!!!
    ALL Gen6 6IV Event pokemon are hacked

I wouldn't say its OP exactly but I've stopped shiny hunting until I complete the dex for it. It will be my first completed dex since I actually have a reason to complete it.
    Check out PokemonPlus:

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/vzbsk6.png[/IMG]

White2 FC: 3225 3432 9438
    3ds Code: 2578-4302-3106

Not really.
    And I don't trust ANYTHING from the GTS.
    I play Minecraft under the Same Username
    Romney 2012! Copy and paste this into your sig if you agree!
    73% of teenagers would cry if they saw Justin Bieber standing on top of a skyscraper about to jump. If you are the 27% sitting there with popcorn and 3D glasses, screaming "DO A BACKFLIP!", copy this in your signature.

Credit to Mochi10 for the Team Pose
    Started by jesusfreak94:
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Quote Originally Posted by GreekAnalyzer View Post
    Not really.
    And I don't trust ANYTHING from the GTS.
    Same. The wound left from the hacked shiny gyarados I obtained in exchange for my dearly beloved Latios still burns >.<

Spoiler:- Credits:

Now that i'm finally back from holiday i can now upload pictures of my shiny Scolipede (Venipede #2) that i got with the Masuda Method

After 381 eggs, born a little before 12.30am on 20th October 2012 (just over a month since Venipede #1):

I named her 'NeonShine' since these pictures, so happy i finally got my favorite shiny this generation-still can't believe she has the same nature as Venipede #1 though (sassy) x3

Now i'm hoping to go for either a Trapinch or a Spinarak. But probably just going to concentrate on Black 2 for now (when i get it later this week).

EDIT: I forgot to list her IV's (did it for my newest shiny i got today (2nd November 2012 when i edit this now) so thought i'd do it for this one too)

HP: 12
    Attack: 20
    Defense: 25
    Special Attack: 14
    Special Defense: 5 (WHY oh why do i always find that the stats that natures minus are the highest IV's? -.-'')
    Speed: 12

Quote Originally Posted by SmeargleRocks View Post
    I got my shiny charm 5 hours ago, still nothing new also here is a picture of the piloswine I found in giant chasm 2 days ago but couldn't post til now

Gentle nature, oblivious, I will check IV's later
    Nice shiny! Congratulations!
    Last edited by NitroLightningFlash; 15th November 2012 at 6:25 PM.
    I love fire and electric types, hence my username!

Current soft reset targets: None

Current chaining targets (Platinum): and

Current random encounter targets (soulsilver badge quest-Route 32): over 300 encounters so far

Current Masuda Method hunt/s: (150 eggs so far)

Most recent shiny (White-MM): (16th April 2013) after 65 Venipede eggs and 185 eggs in total

Its been 2 weeks of SRing every day for about 5 hours on my pokemon black 2 and still no shiny oshawott..

Just to be sure, where should i soft reset from? is it just before you choose your pokemon?
    Shinys using Masuda Method:

Shinys through random encounter:

Shinys through Soft resetting:

Page 39 of 65 FirstFirst ... 2935363738394041424349 ... LastLast